[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

@Redpinkboxes @triplem  ❤️

Loved EH telling off the ex. She doesn’t deserve this negativity in her life. VP needs to take some time off and understand what he wants in life and move on. And maybe take some classes in how to not to get the girl through stalking/cat fishing.

Love how both the sisters are looking out for each other. EJ knew that EH would be hurt had she had taken advantage of CH’s crush on EJ. It goes to show that even though family might hurt you, if you are lucky enough family will be there for you when it counts.

Next 100 % pct sure that EH will either puke or get a call during the expected hug /kiss scene. The writers do love to troll us. Hopefully the father does not have a brain tumor. By the way, when are we going to meet the younger brother’s girlfriend?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@blue003  I agree that EH telling off the ex was awesome! :coolcat:

I just did not care for the ex smirk and smugness talking to EH. The fact she was saying return this to GunJ oo(ordering her to do it) Then saying they slept together --it was comforting. But also sharing that GJ was in Korea but planning to return to the USA after settling matters in Korea. She really wanted to rattle EH. Plus egg her on asking why didn't you contact him? I had his cell phone hostage but noticed you didn 't. Seriously? Glad EH was like, I figured he had a reason to not contact me. 

Agreed, catfishing a gal and not being truthful then starting a fling when you have a MESSY uncertain situation with your ex. Ok messy as the ex doesn't want to let you go for revenge. Dang. You both deserve each other if you pulled that on her 3 yrs prior to only pull on  you when you want to break up. Sigh. Two bird of a feather flock together.:emmm:

Interesting in the preview Seo Young says to Eun Hee--- why do you think Chan Hyuk is a player? 

Also EJ saying memories with the family were nothing /not much to her. Harsh.:brokenheart:

The clip of CH looking softly at a tipsy EH was cute. I loved the VO when he said ==for your it was a memory but for me it was the start. OMG the look of determination walking to EH was sexy. (Are we going to be trolled? I wish they will kiss but I doubt it. So many red herrings it get annoying. But the buildup to have a hug/kiss seems immediate---oh my heart).:fiercebunny:

So here saw this clip

CH and EH reminiscing of college and she decides to confess to CH hear what she thought

I couldn't wait! I had to watch today's episode RAW. Thank you @Redpinkboxes for the recap of the OTP in ep 10 :heart4: The ship has finally sailed! They're closing the space in between them!

4us0Hof.jpg

NywGVwV.jpg

Love that she's the one who grabs his arm and stops him for going on! And we can see that EH is very comfortable with CH because her body language is expressive.

Spoiler

XPRpOTF.jpg

QGlT6UA.gif

RxyjDgT.jpg

GurVbve.gif

I'm so happy. I love how naturally these two came back together in their lives. Love that @Nodame pointed out that their relationship is similar to In Time With You OTP!!

Here are my long overdue gifs of the actress who plays mom. The way she expresses her facial whimpering for each emotion/feeling, from the shock/surprise to the anger/frustration is minutely different. Brilliant acting! 

Spoiler

S3rGwoV.gif

aqwnMvv.gif

(You have to catch the beginning of the gif when her mouth is fumbling with frustration. It differs from the emotion expressed in the previous one)

Dam it that was cruel we've been wating so long.....kmt a whole wk urgh...

Today's episode just further strengthened my dislike for the mum. Don't know why just can't take to her, she's go a bit of a cold fish vibe going. Feels like she grew fond of him off but not sure she ever truly loved dad. Glad EH wasn't taking no nonsense from that cow.  It's time EJ go see a shrink...... Now it makes sense, dad's expressions has seemed a bit off at first though it was just from the accident but the he seemed alright for a bit from the preview if he's sick it all makes sense why he's started to seem a bit SEN. Mum and dad actors are doing a great job. Also it looks "little sister" hasn't really given up like she said she has, urgh looks like she going knock the wind out of our ships sails for a bit...urgh too early for that sh... The ship hasn't even left port properly yet  urgh .....

I really want the CH and EH ship to sail but I saw the translated preview from ep 11 and I forgot what her name is but that girl that works for CH asked EH why she thinks her boss (CH) is a player. So I am feeling a little discouraged. Also I feel like EJ is a lot like her mom. And her parents relationship is so frustrating. You guys are married. Why aren't talking about these things or confronting each other about issues you have? You think he's hiding another family but you don't ask him about it. You think she invited EJ real dad to the wedding or had an affair but you don't ask her about it. What's the point of them getting married if they can't confide in each other. You might as well just be two people who co-parent. I understand that every marriage has it's own set of issues and no marriage is perfect but the amount of misunderstanding that could have been solved if they talked to each other about certain issues is frustrating. I'm still rooting for them though. Especially because it looks liked the dad is still sick. Lastly, I agree with CH, EJ needs friends. 

I just finished watching with subs. I love the character development because it is so fluid. 

1) EunJoo says (to TH) "I think our child would be five years old now if I hadn't had that miscarriage." She breaks down and cries "I need to stop acting like I'm fine."

Another scene: Her opening up to CH about her flaws and wounds and also tells him that EH used to like CH. What we see is that EJ is opening up her heart. She's learning to become vulnerable and to embrace her feelings! Love EJ so much! I can't wait to see what she demands when she divorces TH. 

2) At the volunteer center, the mom and another mom talk about envying each other's family. Mom notes "I guess nobody is perfect." 

It hits a spot because family members hold an expectation for each other. What matters the most in communication is honesty and openness. So even though the family as a whole are having difficult conversations and going through difficult emotions, they are being honest with each other! 

3) Eunhee ends her love triangle with a clean cut! She draws a line between GJ and her. She also passes the cellphone back to the ex and straightforwardly warns her "I don't want to be involved anymore." 

Yes girl! EH has always been wrapped up with emotions and thoughts. She empathizes a lot, but this time, ending the love triangle was a quick, confident decision for herself. Yay EH! 

I'm curious as to how JW's growing arc will be like. I'll be waiting! And I just realized that we have three more weeks left....noooooooo  

I wanted to beat Sang Shik, once you marry somebody, you have to speak with your partner and they have to agree on major decisions you take. Especially when these have lasting impact on your finance and families well being. Jin Sook never confronted him, mistake and she payed heavily for that. But what the heck. I would be livid if my husband did that without consulting me. I really think the two should divorce. They are so ill matched. Neither speak to another and both go around doing whatever.

3 hours ago, Sirry Usly said:

I really want the CH and EH ship to sail but I saw the translated preview from ep 11 and I forgot what her name is but that girl that works for CH asked EH why she thinks her boss (CH) is a player. So I am feeling a little discouraged. Also I feel like EJ is a lot like her mom. And her parents relationship is so frustrating. You guys are married. Why aren't talking about these things or confronting each other about issues you have? You think he's hiding another family but you don't ask him about it. You think she invited EJ real dad to the wedding or had an affair but you don't ask her about it. What's the point of them getting married if they can't confide in each other. You might as well just be two people who co-parent. I understand that every marriage has it's own set of issues and no marriage is perfect but the amount of misunderstanding that could have been solved if they talked to each other about certain issues is frustrating. I'm still rooting for them though. Especially because it looks liked the dad is still sick. Lastly, I agree with CH, EJ needs friends. 

I think that's the thing, with 6 eps left, they kinda still wanna drag it between EH and CH, which is fine. Kdrama ways. Im just so glad they both came clean with their own feelings to themselves. Or at least CH. We have been guessing all drama whether he cares about EH as just a friend or a guy, but he is finally clear with himself. 

With the preview, it does seem like EH is avoiding him, maybe she is thinking that he doesn't actually like her, plus what's happened in ep 10 was happening when she was drunk, so she wouldn't have remembered it well. But i think it shows EH drawing the line again. She likes him, it is obvious. But because she doesn't wanna lose him as a friend, she forever stands behind the line, not wanting to come clean with her feelings. Just like when she said "I wanted to make today our first day of being in a relationship after hearing what you just said" then goes on to saying its a joke.

Yeah, EJ and Mum's frustrating. I love EJ's character, and but sometimes i feel like all you gotta be is honest. She is getting there tho. Like how she broke down to TH saying she keeps thinking about the baby they would have had who would be 5 yo now. But yeah, i really like TH and EJ and how they sincerely care for each other. And even though EJ loves TH in that way, and TH doesnt love her in the same way, he rly wants her to be well and okay. 

You all are welcome! The agony of waiting for subs when you know an ep is out is tiring so i thought spoiling y'all might do the job! hahaha Especially when this ep is so filled with our OTP <3

@Nodame I'm a huge sucker for friendship romance. Things like tinder, or guys like Mr Im... Sometimes you get into relos without even knowing the person, and whatever you see in them on dates is just an image they want you to see. But friendships like CYQ and LDR in ITWY, or EH and CH here, just is everything. Someone you spent years with, knowing the person inside out. No lies, alll real, no image. He knows her inside, n she knows him inside out. Thats when they can just be honest and happy with each other, cause they already knew any flaw from ages ago.

Finally watched both of this weeks episode!

@ponderings Love your post on the colors and characters! Also I agree on the quotes and comments on EJ, EH and expectations we have of family.

@Nymeria289 YESH, JS totally was right to be upset with SS. To not share about the accident and have this fester all these years! Then he just never talked to mom thinking she was cheating on him. Oh oh! All these secrets! Dang!

@Sirry Usly I am ok if they don’t get together CH and EH.  @triplem shared thinking of the Taiwanese drama OTP is like them as they had a similar friendship with comfort and theirs was longer still those similarities.

@Redpinkboxes Thanks me too I love the deep friendships as well! Sigh. Friendship romances do rock! I love them too! Their is no mystery as you know all the warts and all with no illusions before dating. 

- Glad SY giving up on her crush on CH. she was sharp thinking his meeting with GJ was a marriage meeting gal lol.

-Old classmate photo shoot of their kid’s first bday.  CH being teased about EH sexy letter that won a writing contest that even her ex was jealous of CH . To know EH sent pic of EJ instead of herself as the burden and her self doubt of her looks . Aww.

-CH asking about the letter and EH cutely denying she wrote it in embarrassment. But she was observing him- his sharp jawline & long fingers lol

-EH treasuring one life top memory was with CH when she was alone getting her writing award and later hanging out walking 10k steps all night. So sweet she confessed liking him after that night as a man . Then she was disappointed and stopped liking him after leaving he told every one. ( I feel he did wanting to share how proud he was of EH. To her she thought it was a precious private memory . I bet precious to him but he wanted to share with the world!)

-Interesting JW blurted CH is popular got marriage meetings to EH when dragging him out for the family meeting. Def it prob got her to share her breaking up with GJ.

-EH and EJ emotional talk after EJ found out about her birth dad. She realizes how she wronged mom being her weak point to dad, EJ felt remorse. It was sad to see EJ crying alone away from others. She is smart to talk EH lay off JW to let him process .

I liked EJ talked to TH mom for closure and letting her know TH should be able to do what he can for his life .

Sad that TH mentioned EJ was his family and friend rolled into one. What a heavy burden to bear. 

When Youngsik son ran to EJ into an embrace and said he was 5, I wondered if EJ would be triggered by something. Later to hear if not for the miscarriage their child would have been 5. Omg ! 

CH confessing why he likes her family all due to her (EH). Aww that friendship confirmation was sad and lovely I agree. But doesn’t have to be that way . EJ told him EH draws a line to protect herself and to guys she feels out of her reach. Then saying EH mentioned him constantly until she stopped. Laughed EJ said they both were nosy busybodies. Glad CH learned what he did from EJ about EH.

Same GJ going to CH not for the contract but also checking out his competition. I mean it must have been interesting that EH didn’t push strongly for CH company nor did she tell him. I liked EH told him to stop this behavior.

Ooh the EX of GJ glad EH stood up and said I an no longer in this with you both. Bravo! Also EH telling GJ I waited and worked late one week for you. Wow GJ expected her to contact him after that last weird call ( knowing he took time off and the call was interrupted and she got called by the ex def a no no).

Sad maknae JW was more upset hearing that Youngsik got to play with dad catch and soccer but he never had the chance not even once. Aww.

CH telling JW to not interfere again with him and EH. He really does care and appreciates but wants still be in EH life too.

The cute looks between EH and CH awww. The scene in the park & the bad unnatural poses by EH lol. Cute! CH reporting to EH his dinner plans with EJ then saying he will call her afterwards . Aww communication people, they have it down. Right now other dramas the OTP lacking this aspect killing me now.

Mom saying fruit seller hubby is nice, but learning he was strict and hit the kids. Hearing the wife’s envy of SS being only sweet to the kids, aww.

Just intense two episodes but loving this drama, EH out of that toxic love triangle , EJ moving forward , Will EH continue to move forward to CH? Loving this drama and enjoying the ride.

@Nodame ❤️
Love your bullet points...

Didn't like the part where VP was remarking that he and EH used to correspond with each other for a year. He is trying to create insecurity in CH. It didn’t help that EH didn’t  disclose the truth. Well, all is fair in love and war...

Simply adored the way, CH was looking at EH at the pub while relating to what EJ had mentioned earlier about EH. I just hope CH gently nudges EH to look at him only and gives her no room to create fake excuses to get out of her comfort zone. But did he not really realize his feelings for her all these years? Was it just a wishful thinking? Did he really think EJ had written that letter?

Honestly, want the parents to make up. Yes, they have both made a lot of mistakes, but they truly did love each other(thus the jealousy and resentment) and raised their children well (in their capacity). Main issues stemmed from insecurity which caused various problems in their life. But maybe, now they have learnt from it and they should be given a second chance. Who knows, maybe love will actually bloom this time and we can see both parent’s genuinely smiling. 

The drama does showcase that parents are not perfect and children are their worst critics. Parents do the best they can and maybe children should realize that memories are just like looking through a kaleidoscope. Everyone views things differently.Maybe as a family what we can do is to create a personal safe because the real world is only too happy to point out your flaws.

I saw an interesting comment online saying that maybe Eun Joo and that "outside" brother Young Sik will get together, especially because of that scene where the kid goes to Eun Joo and hugs her by her leg.

The scene felt to me like they laid it on too thick, but based on this online commenter's theory, I see possibilities. I wanted a guy for Eun Joo, and now the writers do not have to insert a new character into the storyline. He already existed all along! lol! Either way, I think Eun Joo and that "grandchild" have a future together.

This is one of those rare dramas whose midsection has not started to sag. Every episode is still amazing and fresh and I am crossing my fingers that it remains the same to the end.

Also, if I am not wrong, this drama not have an OST until the end of episode 10. It was all background mood music till then. The story is that good!

Episode 9 had the cliffhangers of the story, now we get from episode 10 the resolving, bit by bit. 

Eun hee and Chang Hyeok are it the moment when they will start their relationship. Both we`ll see each other as a romantic partner and not only as a friend. There were many moments that brought them closer to that moment and one of them was when Eun joo told Chang hyeok that her sister liked him and when she likes somebody she draws line because she thinks she can`t get him anyway. Maybe he realised that Eun hee`s behavior towards him was because of that. She drew a line between them, to see him only as a friend and sometime it was too obvious. That`s when I said that she was acting too childish in front of Chan Hyeok, when she dissumulated her feelings. I felt an overacting friendship behaviour. I don`t find the right English word for that right now. It became a little annoying for me. Sorry. :D I hope it is over.

I like how the writer linked the story with the old memory of Eun hee`s realization that she saw Chan Hyeok as a man in the past and the present with the same Stonewall Walkway, where Chan Hyeok will give her a signal that he wants to start their romantic relationship. There is plenty of time to see their new dynamic now that both are aware of their feelings for each other.

I don`t know if I was happy that I was right that Sang sik had the other family because of an accident. He made an accident and he hit Sang sik (hitting him was my second scenario because he was limping) and he thought he was his responsability of take care of the other family. Well, I was not happy at all. I was glad when Eun joo told him her opinion, gave him some true words. I wanted to applaud.

It was obvious to me that the writer deliberately wanted to make us believe he had another family, as even Jin sook thought that. From his behavious I knew he is not a man who is looking at other women and I wanted to know for sure the explanation for the other family.

Eun joo was right. he should have told his wife because they were married and they should have found together a solution. Because of that, Jin Sook thought for so many times that he was cheating. Of course, she should have confronted him but, at least, I understand why she kept her silence. The writer wants to troll us. First, it is the name of the young man. Sang Sik, Young Sik. What a coincidence. We know that Koreans gave their child similar name sometime. Young Sik called him father. There was a young women`s voice who heard Jin sook that day. If there wasn`t a mother (just an old granmother), why Sang Sik did not talk to his wife and decide to take him in the family? I am sure Jin Sook would have raised him too. It was hard for them as they had two daughters already but, at least, it was a better option.  I understood Ji Woo`s reaction too. As Eun Joo said, he did not witnessed the good times between his parents and he needs time to process all things.

All these misunderstanding cause a family to estrange little by little. Learned lesson: don`t keep inside what bothers you, comunicate more and be more assertive, don`t be frightened to say what you believe or about what you want. 

The wife thought he was having an affair and stop being a woman to him. The husband, thought that she doesn`t love him anymore, she dreams for another life with someone better than him and stopped being a man to her wife. Now we will find out that Eun Joo`s father was not at her wedding and all it was his imagination and supposition.:sweatingbullets: It is sad actually.

I look forward to Jin Sook and Sang Sik`s scene next week. I hope they say to each other what they wanted to say all these years. If they will build another relationship, let it be an honest one.

Finally, my thought for Eun joo. She had some serious events in her life lately.  She is still hurt but she willl heal emotionally in time.

I was glad that now she has Eun Hee at her side. I am glad that she called Chan Hyeok for a drink. She promised that she will call if he will want t friend talk. The scene was important to Chan Hyeok and Eun hee`s story  but it was good for her too. We found out that she had friends and even if she did not kept in touch all those years (after they left for London) they are still thinking of her. She realised that she was too closed up emotionally to everyone and that she needs help of a friend or to say out loud when it is hard for her. 

When Young sik`s kid went to her was an emotional moment for her. We saw that she reminded her at her own baby. Her child must have been the same age (like 5 years) if she did not have the miscarriage. It was time to her to voice her loss. She never alowed herself to mourn. She looked fine but she never healed from that tragedy in her life.

3 hours ago, africandramalover said:

The scene felt to me like they laid it on too thick, but based on this online commenter's theory, I see possibilities. I wanted a guy for Eun Joo, and now the writers do not have to insert a new character into the storyline. He already existed all along! 

The thought that Eun Joo and Young Shik getting together is  a No-NO for me. I am not looking down on him but, the truth is, he is way out of her league. Sure, the kid could be a link but other than that, she doesn`t suit with him at all. They have ZERO chance and frankly, I hope the writer will make it realistic. Why people fall in love? Beside the sexual attraction,  similarity of people’s beliefs, personality traits, being in the same circles (spending time together, knowing eack other), social influences count when two people fall in love. I want her an equal partnership for her. I can`t imagine how Sang sik , who has an inferior complex, will be confident enough to persude her. I really don`t think it is going to happen. But I hope Young sik will became an extented family member.

I am really sorry that Tae-Hyeong is not the guys for her. He cares a lot of her and, beside his sexual orientation, he matched well with her. Because I don`t see how they continue the marriage after the new revelations, for  Eun Joo, I want to find someone new, who is her equal, who will love her the way she is, who will make her open more , be confortable and be happy. And maybe they will have a child as well. If not (it is not easy to find the right man in real life) she could be by herself, adopt if that is what she wants, rekindle the contact with her friends and family, continuing her career.

I will read everyone thoughts a little later.

40 minutes ago, larus said:

The thought that Eun Joo and Young Shik getting together is  a No-NO for me. I am not looking down on him but, the truth is, he is way out of her league. Sure, the kid could be a link but other than that, she doesn`t suit with him at all. They have ZERO chance and frankly, I hope the writer will make it realistic. Why people fall in love? Beside the sexual attraction,  similarity of people’s beliefs, personality traits, being in the same circles (spending time together, knowing eack other), social influences count when two people fall in love. I want her an equal partnership for her.

You're right. She needs someone of her level.

I have never wanted a knight in shining armour for a character so badly in my life than I want for Eun Joo!!:huh: Writernim!! Help!! I'm past the age of caring about fairy tale characters but this is an exception. If she doesn't get a good romantic interest, I hope someone can write a steamy fanfic of a very pregnant Eun Joo and said Knight.:P

I also loved how Eun Joo RIPPED into her father!! That scene was satisfying AH!! She only said the truth. Daddy decided to dump on them and expects them to accept and move on after such a secret. Very unfair and inconsiderate of him. But his entire life is a bunch of inconsiderate decisions.

I think EJ will find her own way. Not with any other guy soon. While that EH-CH ship is going to sail. Yay!

I like that EJ CH conversation about something that a family member would only knows. And something that could only be share with friends.

Let's see what will happen on the next eps. The writer knows how to give us surprise and twist.

I have never wanted a knight in shining armour for a character so badly in my life than I want for Eun Joo!!:huh: Writernim!! Help!! I'm past the age of caring about fairy tale characters but this is an exception. If she doesn't get a good romantic interest, I hope someone can write a steamy fanfic of a very pregnant Eun Joo and said Knight.

I totally understand you. I also want her to be happy and if her Knight will be there for her, why not? (it is a drama and miracle things happends).

I read that people want Tae Hyeong to be bisexual but I have mixed feelings for that scenario. No, I don`t want that. But I would have liked to see more of Tae Hyeong in this drama. When he said that Eun joo was his only friend and family I wanted to give him a hug. I hope they will end things when they are ready and still be close to each other in the future if it is possible.

I also loved how Eun Joo RIPPED into her father!! That scene was satisfying AH!! She only said the truth. Daddy decided to dump on them and expects them to accept and move on after such a secret. Very unfair and inconsiderate of him. But his entire life is a bunch of inconsiderate decisions.

Agree. It was satisfying. He asked her opinion.:D  I personally like that Eun Joo is so frank with everybody. It is better to say what you think for the other party to give his perspective. I wish she were more open about her own relationship and not be so closed up, pretending that she is alright. They did not comunicate well in the marriage, especially after the miscarriage.

When Eun Hee told her sister that she was was acting too proud to see what happen in her life (to see the dirt under her shoe) is was a a well-aimed shot but it was true. Even she acknowledged that. Eun Joo needed that good cry.

About her father.... It is understandable that she is questioning her existence. People in her situation (knowing that they were adopted or finding out that a parent is not the biological parent) could have an identity stuggle. It is a stage. When she found out her mother`s story, she understood her better. What she said about her father is partially true. Because Sang Sik had a good relationship with Eun Joo, and the other children, made Jin sook to remain in the marriage. But Sang Sik is a good man. He had genuine feelings for Eun joo. I anticipate the scene between Sang Sik and Eun joo. I suspect it will be an emotional scene. She is his daughter and he is her father. The scene is  necessary. Both loved each other and they have to talk. I am looking forward to that scene.

@Nodame The points you brought about the OTP (CH and EH) show that they understand each other. Honestly, in the beginning of the drama, I didn't want CH and EH to be another typical kdrama-i-need-characters-to-become-a-couple-and-have-a-happy-ending-of-people-coming-together, but how they maintained their friendship and developed understanding for each other is so natural and genuine. This is why I'm now rooting for these two together to grow as a couple! 

Also! Something came up. Both CH and EH are always worrying about others that they have so little time reflecting and thinking about each other. They're going to be a power couple as they become each other's safe space! 

@africandramalover I love that you mentioned the music has been mainly instrumental and the story has been interesting up to now! Only two songs individually sung by Sondia and Bumkey along with a newly released one sung by Gilgu Bonggu go well with the intensity of the family problems. I'm glad that the family problems and dad's forgotten memories didn't drag until the penultimate episode. All in all, the storytelling has a nice balance of the ups and downs.

5 hours ago, larus said:

All these misunderstanding cause a family to estrange little by little. Learned lesson: don`t keep inside what bothers you, comunicate more and be more assertive, don`t be frightened to say what you believe or about what you want.

This is very insightful as both the mom and dad harbored negative feelings towards each other. It wasn't just one year. It was 30+ years of negativity! Imagine the conversation they had in the end of ep 10 was something they did early in their life. The anger and frustration wouldn't be pent up for so long! So communication is important even if it is difficult. 

5 hours ago, larus said:

The thought that Eun Joo and Young Shik getting together is  a No-NO for me.

I also agree with this notion and I also remember that Young Shik stated he is looking for the mom of his son, Yong Kyu! 

I am looking forward to EJ's self-improvement journey of opening up herself to people and I sense that the sister bond between EJ and EH will grow from here. 

@ponderings :happydance: Awww thanks my dear! I am TOO loving CH and EH and learning of their (back story) . We def were given red herrings about them -did they or did they NOT like each other or was it only EJ that CH liked only. So those pics of EH were NOT of him liking he or maybe NOT? Then if EH really liked CH that is why she was hurt CAUSE she had deeper feelings for CH than her ex Jongmin.  (It was suspicious she did admit more being upset at CH than the cheating ex JM. So telling)

But now seeing them talk about their past and how they hung out, seeing how CH saw EJ for the first time, learning the story of  their EPIC hanging out walking 10K steps, he was privvy to her winning the literature award, he was the PERSON she sent the letter to in the Army, he was all she talked about to EJ until one day she stopped. I am glad that EJ did a good thing telling CH how EH will draw the line and protect herself feeling inferior and not worthy of the person she likes.  Loved how CH was like, I learned a new side of EH. (I like that though they are close and comfy, we as people are complex and there are other sides family ONLY see and Friends can see that family cannot see.  This new info filed away by CH and then JW blurting out CH popularity in the marriage meeting market. 

TBH those pics of EH were lovely showing her unaware and just pensive. EJ was gorgeous in her wedding but looking NOT happy or ecstatic as you would expect and new bride should look on her wedding day. 

Then their teasing last episode when she was touched/speechless CH deliberately went earlier  to catch EH (who btw waited seeing he was there) and then giving up  saw him. (If she left ON TIME she would have totally missed him. SHE TOO desired to see him) Glad she knew about JW knowing from him, but CH was right if EH figured it out JW would naturally tell CH hyung.  EH knows that JW values him as a hyung and when he was upset with EH nuna about CH , you know he loves CH hyung. (Funny CH hyung to tell JW to butt out and don't do that again. Even though he cares he rather hear directly with EH.) 

Their friendship is amazing and love that they have gone through so much (even 5 yrs gap thanks to EH) but now are back. CH missed her and EH did but glad she had chance to bump into him thanks to her mediation center author. (It was time for their cold war/separation to end). 

I love that CH is sensitive and loves EH caring side. He is caring too and I think EH likes that about him. He is nosy and in biz of others as EJ says --so similar to EH. But he is that dependable and kind of friend you want. Even when SY was dropping her crush, she double checked wasn't due to her situation, but he softened it saying no I have known you since diapers I cannot see you past as a dongseng. 

(As we know some dramas, the fact the male saw the female as a baby did not stop their love story if that was TRUE.) 

Looking forward to MORE of them! Will CH hug EH (by the way love that lit up old city wall scene)? Cause def not a kiss if the VO with SY saying-- why do you think CH is a player?  So pretty that scene of them walking at the end of the last episode!

@larus Exactly, any healthy relationships have to have communication to avoid misunderstanding.  Still what was SS thinking not EVEN telling his wife about the accident. To keep this secret letting her think he was cheating all this time was OMG crazy. 

OST in dramas are well done and this one is great. I always get sucked into the story more due to the music used. At times I hear movies /dramas music somewhere else and I think of it. Music such a powerful device to make you attached to a drama/movie etc.

@Nodame Now that I think of it, the director and writer pulled a trick on us! They wanted us to think CH liked EJ and that he had a crush on EJ. But as you described the little bits of CH and EH coming together...they have been secretly interested in each other! Their personalities are so similar in some way. EH keeps a distance from CH when she sees him as a man. As for CH, he loves to listen to EH talk and help her out with her thoughts! I can't wait for both of them to burst and explode with the feelings and thoughts for each other! 

I honestly wanted and was expected CH to kiss EH at the end of ep 10, but I calmed myself down. I have an inkling that EH might not take CH seriously. Ahh we'll have to wait and see! 

4 hours ago, Nodame said:

Then their teasing last episode when she was touched/speechless CH deliberately went eariler to catch EH (who btw waited seeing he was there) and then giving up  saw him. (If she left ON TIME she would have totally missed him. SHE TOO desired to see him)

I also enjoyed this scene.

Ed6uUZi.gif

EH thought she wouldn't catch CH in time, but CH came early huffing and puffing and caught her in time!!! The waiting and longing for each other was wholesome. And when CH comes huffing and puffing, I immediately knew he really wanted to talk to EH. :wub:

uYGRObi.gif

CH says what to do? I came early and I need to kill time. Do you want to talk? EH smiles and nods her head! 

I couldn't make a gif for when CH decided to not pick up his phone because his priority was to spend time with EH. These two are very patient with each other. 

As for the music, the new OST is definitely for the OTP. My other favorite OST is Sondia's because her voice is soothing. She has sung other OSTs recently and I fell in love with her voice! 

OMG that last scene in ep 10 made my heart skipped a beat, I've been rooting for them since seeing their chemistry together the first few episodes and its finally happening! What is the name of this new song as their background? I love it so much! I really like the direction of the drama how each episode reveals new details about each character and their own turmoil. I can't wait to see what's next!

@ponderings Thanks dear ! I am loving them too! I am glad you can see where I was going & seeing them be more a reality , love how we are discovering more about them. A bright note in this crazy but emotional drama. BTW love the gifs! Yes I loved that scene! Also him and her at the park and her awkward poses lol was cute! :rolleyes:

I agree love the Sondia song too!! Such a appropriate song - Say Love you- looking forward to their confession to each other now CH knows EH more thanks to EJ Nuna.

@anng Yes I cannot wait to see more of their story unfold and glad she is avoiding/no longer with  GJ and decided not to be openly dating him.

Archived