[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

7 hours ago, Marshi said:

I wonder what actually happened between fake JDT and real JDT's family... Fake JDT seems very upset when he killed JDT parents... And somehow he said "give me my money"?? There's must be still untold story about their past especially the fact that fake JDT got illness with blood? Hope they clarified on next episode... 

Yes! Fake JDT killed so many people but only have nightmares about one victim, Logan Lee? 

I feel the writer himself\herself is also coming unhinged.  Too many fake characters & deaths have a toll on his\her creativity!

• Like 1

I've mentioned somewhere mid of season 2 that I'm off this writer 'RickRoll'D Screw Roller Coaster'

I've not been watching this drama till now. Base on this forum, lots of crazy thing happen in this drama till now. luckily, it going to end at season 3. Things might change if the sponsors are willingly to continue. I prefer to watch and enjoy those riders reaction. Curiosity killed the cat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fanofr said:

Yes! Fake JDT killed so many people but only have nightmares about one victim, Logan Lee? 

I don't think it is guilt that is causing his nightmares, its the fact that Logan's body wasn't found. He is paranoid whether he is actually dead or not. Like SSR he is afraid Logan is going to pop up from somewhere and ruin all his plans. 

My guess is Logan is not dead, I need to see the dead body on a autopsy table to believe in the death. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

I don't think it is guilt that is causing his nightmares, its the fact that Logan's body wasn't found. He is paranoid whether he is actually dead or not. Like SSR he is afraid Logan is going to pop up from somewhere and ruin all his plans. 

My guess is Logan is not dead, I need to see the dead body on a autopsy table to believe in the death. 

Yah, agreed! I think when something bad happened to OYH whose he entrusted his property or SSR whose will be in danger situation later he might appear again. 

• Like 2

There were 3 children that were switched on that faithful day, not just 2, and there were 3 mom
Shim Su Ryeon
Kim Mi Suk  - 김미숙 (dead)

Kim Jung Bin - 김정빈

Judging by the label on the baby's leg and the label at the bed of the mother whose child got switched

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kim Jung Bin's child was the one who was swiched to SSR, not Kim Mi Suk, Logan probably found out about this detail before he "died".   This child might be a new character tho.

Edited by CattleyaLuv
  • Like 2
  • Shocked 1

57 minutes ago, CattleyaLuv said:

There were 3 children that were switched on that faithful day, not just 2, and there were 3 mom
Shim Su Ryeon
Kim Mi Suk  - 김미숙 (dead)

Kim Jung Bin - 김정빈

Judging by the label on the baby's leg and the label at the bed of the mother whose child got switched
 Kim Jung Bin's child was the one who was swiched to SSR, not Kim Mi Suk, Logan probably found out about this detail before he "died".   This child might be a new character tho.

Great find. Either this is a plothole and the writer forgot the other mother's name or three mothers were indeed involved in the switch. This also means that Min Seol-Ah could not be SSR's birth daughter.   

Edited by LD Lee
  • Like 1

Yeah, as much as I like that crazy idea, I think KSO probably just wanted to get rid of the incestuous judgment that some people are still using to go against LogSuryeon. And this is not a western show, so there is no way BRN/ SH involve in this  mess (which means no incestuous romance between SSR's adoptive son/"biological daughter")

• Like 2

Seokyun's trial was good enough, and weird to be facing her mother, too bad she hasn't changed, she was excluded, it's good to see justice. I saw a lot of comments all over the place that said that Eubyeol also had to undergo this, I agree, but everyone forgets that Seokhoon also had to undergo it, I put him practically in the same situation as his sister, it is not because he supposedly changed by Rona, that we should forget the horrors he did to many people

• Like 2

Here are the theories:

Idk why but the subtitles changed from "descendant" to "bloodline" so there'll be another possibility.

1. The bloodline they're talking about is SSR's sibling, aka NAG. But that would be boring.

2. SSR gave birth to twins, MSA and JSH while NAG was the one who gave birth to JSK

Evidence to support this:

- SK's personality is more like NAG while SH's personality is closer to SSR

- In the photo album, NAG only hold one child.

- The scene when SSR's fiance was killed, there were 2 pairs of shoes, white and pink. The pink pair fell to the ground (indicating MSA) But, I think they just bought two pairs because they don't know the sex of their child yet.

3. SSR's birth daughter is not MSA, but someone else (I'm guessing is SK) because there wasn't a DNA test.

Personally, I believe the last theory more but the second theory is more popular. 

Other thoughts on the episode:

- SK is the type of character when you think she's finally gonna turn decent and actually appreciate her mother, she's going to be the absolute worst. 

- I have no idea why LL had to hide this twist from SSR. I know she's going through a lot but that doesn't change the fact that she deserves to know.

- JBH finally showed her true colours on screen, being abusive. I feel bad for HEB for having bad parents and no one to rely on.

- The way SSR locked SK in a room is not the way to go. SK deserves the punishement but I don't think locking her in a room is a good idea.

- In the preview, there's someone laying in a pool of blood. I think it's either Hye In's birth mother (as a flashback) or OYH when she's about to tell SSR about her bloodline. If it's OYH, she won't die because Eugene posted a picture on insta when the ep 6 script.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Here are the theories:

Idk why but the subtitles changed from "descendant" to "bloodline" so there'll be another possibility.

1. The bloodline they're talking about is SSR's sibling, aka NAG. But that would be boring.

2. SSR gave birth to twins, MSA and JSH while NAG was the one who gave birth to JSK

- SK's personality is more like NAG while SH's personality is closer to SSR

- The scene when SSR's fiance was killed, there were 2 pairs of shoes, white and pink. The pink pair fell to the ground (indicating MSA) But, I think they just bought two pairs because they don't know the sex of their child yet.

3. SSR's birth daughter is not MSA, but someone else (I'm guessing is SK) because there wasn't a DNA test.

Personally, I believe the last theory more but the second theory is more popular. 

Other thoughts on the episode:

- SK is the type of character when you think she's finally gonna turn decent and actually appreciate her mother, she's going to be the absolute worst. 

- I have no idea why LL had to hide this twist from SSR. I know she's going through a lot but that doesn't change the fact that she deserves to know.

- JBH finally showed her true colours on screen, being abusive. I feel bad for HEB for having bad parents and no one to rely on.

- The way SSR locked SK in a room is not the way to go. SK deserves the punishement but I don't think locking her in a room is a good idea.

- In the preview, there's someone laying in a pool of blood. I think it's either Hye In's birth mother (as a flashback) or OYH when she's about to tell SSR about her bloodline. If it's OYH, she won't die because Eugene posted a picture on insta when the ep 6 script.

Nowadays most Kdrama was translated robotically, so the meaning was misinterpreted sometimes. Logan used the word "핏줄이", which Korean used to refer to their child/descendant. SSR's real biological child is definitely still alive. (and they were certainly not talking about SSR's estrange long lost sibling/twin, NAG is deader than dead)

NAG gave birth to SK/SH in another hospital on a different day. Personally I don't think SK or SH is SSR's real biological child.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Secretz said:

Actually there are 2 babies in the pic, NAG was holding SK, while she put SH in the stroller beside her.

I'm pretty sure the twin are twin. JDT is evil who doesn't want to touch SSR's biological child. So there's no way he would take SH as his son while knowing he is the son of SSR's husband.

There is a plot that buggering me tho. The real JDT said mr baek took his identity and SSR said when they got married JDT told her he graduated from a Japan university. But, weren't they betrothed by their parents since they were kids? And SSR canceled their engagement because she found the right man? This one is hella confused me.

Talking about SK's behavior, idk why the writer wanted her to be like this because her character has the worst development. I understand why she hates rona, but turning to her dad? Maybe i lost some plot from season 2, but doesn't she act like she doesn't care about NAG but why she went like a crazy bat to her mom now?

There must be new character for SSR's real daughter. The writer wanna put stop sign to everyone who has criticized her about Logan-Suryeon ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, annaR said:

Actually there are 2 babies in the pic, NAG was holding SK, while she put SH in the stroller beside her.

I was talking about this photo, but I know which photo you were talking about.

Spoiler

spacer.png

1 hour ago, annaR said:

There is a plot that buggering me tho. The real JDT said mr baek took his identity and SSR said when they got married JDT told her he graduated from a Japan university. But, weren't they betrothed by their parents since they were kids? 

SSR and the real JDT met when they were kids. But JDT's family lived in Japan ever since.

So technically speaking, SSR wouldn't recognise JDT when he grew up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Secretz said:

- SK is the type of character when you think she's finally gonna turn decent and actually appreciate her mother, she's going to be the absolute wo- In the preview, there's someone laying in a pool of blood. I think it's either Hye In's birth mother (as a flashback) 

I think the writer want us to believe that the woman that died is Hye-In's mother but like someone else stated, the woman that gave up her baby is not the same person as the person that OHY tried to find. Both have different names. I think that was Min Seol-Ah's real mom.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/20/2021 at 2:46 PM, LightFurie111 said:

Yeah, as much as I like that crazy idea, I think KSO probably just wanted to get rid of the incestuous judgment that some people are still using to go against LogSuryeon. And this is not a western show, so there is no way BRN/ SH involve in this  mess (which means no incestuous romance between SSR's adoptive son/"biological daughter")

I don't like the idea of LL & SR together but there is no incest.  LL & SR would have to be family for it to be incest,

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, fanofr said:

I don't like the idea of LL & SR together but there is no incest.  LL & SR would have to be family for it to be incest,

Ya correct. No problem with their relationship at all. Seol Ah don't have blood related to LL. Maybe people confused because LL as Seol Ah brother. But if they put LL as Seol Ah uncle will not got issue. People confuse by their titles... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, fanofr said:

That's just your personal point of view. In some countries, you might face charges if you're romantically involved and want to marry your adoptive bro/sister/mom/dad. For example

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/adopted-siblings-can-face-incest-charges-20160412-go4ihb.html

The majority of the society and the moral code also expect us to do the same thing. Family members (even adoptive ones) are just off the table. 

33 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

However, in this case LL & SR are not related. It would be immoral if LL and Seol Ah tried to get together. SR is not part of LL's family whether by blood or adoption. 

It's obvious that the case of LL, SR and Seol Ah isn't that simple (some people are still very much concerned about the fact that SR was the mom of LL's adoptive sister's), therefore writer nim chose a safer router and changed the relationship between SR and Seol Ah so people don't have to argue about LogSuryeon anymore.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LightFurie111 said:

That's just your personal point of view. In some countries, you might face charges if you're romantically involved and want to marry your adoptive bro/sister/mom/dad. For example

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/adopted-siblings-can-face-incest-charges-20160412-go4ihb.html

The majority of the society and the moral code also expect us to do the same thing. Family members (even adoptive ones) are just off the table. 

The case you quoted is two people raised as siblings.  LL & SR were not raised as family.

There was a kdrama few years ago of a two baby girls who were accidentally placed in the wrong cribs. When it was discovered about 18 years later, they were switched back.  The girl who was raised as sister to this boy fell in love. They argued that they are not biologically related. The Korean audience agreed and wanted them to be together.

On 6/20/2021 at 10:40 AM, youactlikeicare said:

I am not sure. I remember one screen where he went berserk when he saw blood on his hands. Yet many times we have seen him look at blood with a smile. Even after hitting EB, he was smiling as he washed off the blood.

I grow tired of all the false identities and fake deaths.

• Like 2