[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

33 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Is anyone going to talk about what SSR did to CSJ in this episode?  Granted CSJ is not a good person, but what SSR did just doesn't feel justified with suspicion alone.

She said she doesn't believe in Korean laws anymore. She will seek justice herself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightFurie111 said:

If SK is scared of being poor, why doesn't she study properly and  work hard like MSA and Rona?
If SK wants to be loved, why doesn't she learn to love and treat other people around her well instead of bullying them?

Studying and working hard doesn't mean that you will be rich. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Songbae said:

Studying and working hard doesn't mean that you will be rich. 

Are you kidding? :grimace: She already has a great starting point, she will never be homeless, she probably will inherit some of SSR's fortune and be a rich kid for the rest of her life, not to mention SSR's real daughter is dead, so SK will get more assets that she could have. It depends on herself if she wants to be richer and gain more power/influence on society.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Songbae said:

Rona needs to get out of that place quickly and she also needs therapy. SK is a little snake. 

I think i am the only one that wants logan to stay dead and that detective said the truth to SR. Who dates the adoptive brother of their child. 

Ju dantae is amazing. Wow his hatred for logan was more important than his health.

It seems like everyone is out to get Ju dantae though and what was YC thinking. YC thought about killing RN. He was just too much of a coward to do it.

Why, how and when did YH get out?

When did RN and SH talk about Julliard and why didn't he tell his sister?

I actually missed EB today but SJ did play the crazy part very well

I do feel bad for SK in a way. She doesn't know what her Dad is capable of and they are not telling her anything. She is also scared of being poor and she just wants to be loved. I don't understand why they are still living in that penthouse?

The worst parents on this show are Dantae, Seojin and Suryeon.

I bet KSO was reading every corner of the internet when she was writing the script for season 3, lmao. SSR's reaction to the police officer's monologue was hilarious af. She was like "What did you just say? I double dare you again did you just sh** talk my Logan?" lol

SK could have had a redemption sooner but I guess KSO agreed with the majority that SK just doesn't deserve it so she needs to suffer more both physically and mentally.

And why does SH need to tell his sister everything and every step he plans? he's an individual person, he has his own life. He isn't his sister's slave. :confused:

Edited by baked alaska
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Is anyone going to talk about what SSR did to CSJ in this episode?  Granted CSJ is not a good person, but what SSR did just doesn't feel justified with suspicion alone

SSR and OYH seems want to scared her. Someone will save CSJ later with their instruction. 

• Like 3

What I'm thinking after seeing episode 1 of season 3 :

- These prison scenes are so funny! We need more of these!

- JDT could sneak out and kill Logan in and even threaten the chief judge at his residence is ... well .... I guess you really need to turn your brain off when watching PH btw JDT started to feels like Joker-ish.

- SSR want to get her hands blood dirty to punish JDT and the gang is sooo Vincenzo. Buf if anything JDT deserves a more torturous death than Myung Hee and the Babel CEO. His crimes are way waaay worse. 

- However, I doubt SBS will follow TVN's steps with such graphic deaths ... TVN has at least 3 shows the past few seasons which shown quite sadistic level of violence for K-dramas (Luca, Vincenzo, Mouse), but they are all scifi/thriller when Penthouse is still makjang, so I guess no.

- SK is such a poorly written character. In last episode of Season 2 she was protecting BR from the other kids but now she's turning her back at BR and back to become bullies again. Also, she was against (+despise) her father's marriage in S2, but now she's yearning for JDT to be back as her father again? Talk about inconsistency. I still don't know how the writer-nim will resolve her character arc because its so contrived.

- I don't really trust anyone's death again .... sorry ... that's what you get after resurrecting a supposedly dead character (Rona in S2) hahaha, it will break your viewer's suspension of disbelief. At this point I won't be surprised if MSA suddenly come back to live ...

- What if CSJ loses her memory after being pushed from cliff and become a good girl? that's usually a standard soap opera plot development ....

• Like 5

8 hours ago, baked alaska said:

I bet KSO was reading every corner of the internet when she was writing the script for season 3, lmao. SSR's reaction to the police officer's monologue was hilarious af. She was like "What did you just say? I double dare you again did you just sh** talk my Logan?" lol

SK could have had a redemption sooner but I guess KSO agreed with the majority that SK just doesn't deserve it so she needs to suffer more both physically and mentally.

And why does SH need to tell his sister everything and every step he plans? he's an individual person, he has his own life. He isn't his sister's slave. :confused:

SH doesn't have to tell her everything but they have been together since they were born. To her he is the only one that has been there for her even though she treats him like an object and emotionally blackmails him. Going to school in another country is a big decision. I just wish that he would have told her.

Yes SK deserves to suffer a lot but i hope no one gets harmed in the process of her suffering. 

I actually enjoyed it HAHA

SK's arc kinda makes sense I suppose. She would be okay with Rona UNTIL she feels that Rona has supplanted her in SH and SSR's affections. She needs to feel like she's the center of their world which ISN'T healthy. Part of her anger against SSR in season 1 was because she felt that SSR was more concerned with her other daughter. SK actually takes after her dad in the sense that she's greedy but in her case, it's love

SJ losing it big time was hilarious but also makes sense. She spent her whole life on this pedestal thinking she's cheon Seo Jin so no wonder she's losing it in prison lol

I feel like the real Dantae will have feelings for SSR at this point lol

In Season 1, it was all about Yoon Hee. Then, Season 2 was Seo Jin. This really feels like the season they will explore why Dantae is the way he is.  Dantae seemed to really love Ae Gyo despite his general evil and vile persona which I think also explains his determination in killing Logan- not just as huge payback for putting him in prison but also because he wants SSR to lose some one important the way he did. 

Legit didn't miss EB but I'm sure the action will kick back up in the next few weeks. This first episode was alrdy insane and I kinda respect the lawyer guy for somehow still managing to survive in prison lol He plays a bumbling fool but his tenacity and cunning is so dangerous

5 hours ago, abwxyz said:

but they are all scifi/thriller when Penthouse is still makjang, so I guess no.

Penthouse is actually a thriller. It's just extremely makjang, but it's actually categorized as a thriller on most websites. 

I don't really trust anyone's death again

Logan is alive. He didn't die. There are clips where his character is there. If he is actually dead, rip I guess. Never liked him that much.

Talk about inconsistency. I still don't know how the writer-nim will resolve her character arc because its so contrived.

Both twins' characterizations are ridiculously flat and I feel like that's another reason why I don't like them.

Also, how the hell is time moving in this episode? There were scenes during prison, then a one month jump, then scenes before and after Logan's "death", and all of a sudden Seojin, Dantae, and Yoonhee got released? Huh??

What if CSJ loses her memory after being pushed from cliff and become a good girl?

So like a daily drama plot twist basically? Then she'll remember and go back to get SSR and OYH for revenge... :joy:

• Like 4

- What if CSJ loses her memory after being pushed from cliff and become a good girl? that's usually a standard soap opera plot development ....

Based on the next trailer like this not gonna happened. I guess someone under the waterfall was there ready to save her. Here will be the beginning they agreed to team up against JDT. I read some spoiler before its maybe about Eun Byul that makes CSJ want to team up with them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chococarmela said:

Penthouse is actually a thriller. It's just extremely makjang, but it's actually categorized as a thriller on most websites. 

Logan is alive. He didn't die. There are clips where his character is there. If he is actually dead, rip I guess. Never liked him that much.

Both twins' characterizations are ridiculously flat and I feel like that's another reason why I don't like them.

Also, how the hell is time moving in this episode? There were scenes during prison, then a one month jump, then scenes before and after Logan's "death", and all of a sudden Seojin, Dantae, and Yoonhee got released? Huh??

So like a daily drama plot twist basically? Then she'll remember and go back to get SSR and OYH for revenge... :joy:

Given the writer's track record, Logan is very much alive. I agree with you - never liked the guy from the start. I would have respected him if he walked out on his parents for the way they treated MSA. But no, he only scolded them and continued to use his father's money.  

It's beyond ridiculous that all of them ended up in the same prison & same cells - the guys and gals - and all released at the same time.  CSJ was a good villant but a bad crazy person.  Was over the top & too fake. 

The writer seems to just want rinse and repeat. Exit one crazy mean gal. So need to resurrect another meanie to replace her!  Referring to SK.

In S2, another guy played the role of MR's husband. Though we only had a glimpse of him when she went for a secret conjugal visit.  The bald weird looking man turned out to be so handsome & distinguished!

I thought JDT lost everything? How come he still have the psycho secretary and money to bribe people? The prison guard said to Dr Ha that he didn't believe that JDT would stab himself as he would have to be crazy to do so.  Stupid people should not be guarding cleverer, more cunning people.  And after last season, when we saw that JDT used women to get their money & make himself rich. Well I feel sick when I see his face.  The next time they catch him, please castrate him before locking him up. 

• Like 5

So, that police scene as the cop lays out how makjang the plot has been was absolutely hilarious. He goes, naaah, no way you could have done all that. :evillaugh:
Edit after finishing:

okay that was weird.

But when is it not?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, abwxyz said:

ed to turn your brain off when watching PH btw JDT started to feels like Joker-ish.

- SSR want to get her hands blood dirty to punish JDT and the gang is sooo Vincenzo. Buf if anything JDT deserves a more torturous death than Myung Hee and the Babel CEO. His crimes are way waaay worse. 

- However, I doubt SBS will follow TVN's steps with such graphic deaths ...

I believe they did sorta spoiled JDT's end game in the beginning of the episode. He's going to fall to his death.  

• Like 1

SBS just posted this deleted scene of Rona and Seok Hoon

spacer.png

halo on Twitter: "Why did 5B5 cut such an important happy scene out… You never heard that they didn’t smile at each other from me. Never. Not even once  They are so cute omg The way Seokhoon can’t stop smiling  https://t.co/mq4XsXooOi https://t.co/FGbyEJnZcG" / Twitter

The reason why Seok Hoon didn't tell SK about his "plan" of studying abroad with Rona was because our lover boy suddenly pulled that idea out of his *** in one second after  he saw how exhausted Rona was, he was so whipped he only wanted to be with his gf during his adulthood :notsureifserious:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LD Lee said:

I believe they did sorta spoiled JDT's end game in the beginning of the episode. He's going to fall to his death.  

But with so many fake deaths, how to believe the character dies? Even if last scene of last episode. The writer went overboard with fake deaths so dying scenes are no longer believable.  Cried wolf too many times!

And SSR tried to kill JDT when he was in hospital. The police just let her go?  

The first episode was like written in drunken stupor. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

the only thing i enjoy from this season is how they mock the police, justice, and law. korean drama always show the hidden truth in society, and in this drama you can bribe them if you have money and high position. so accurate.

• Like 1