[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

^ in case you want the source:

On 4/26/2021 at 5:36 AM, kboramint said:

It wouldn't shock me if Shim Su-Ryeon and Oh Yoon-Hee are long lost sisters. We don't know much about Oh Yoon-Hee's parents other than she didn't grow up with a father and we don't know much about Shim Su-Ryeon's father other than he founded a construction company.

What if...

• Shim Su-Ryeon's father cheated on his wife (SSR's mother) with OYH's mother, and she gave birth.
  • The reason OYH didn't grow up with a father is because she was a illegitimate child.

Throughout Season 1 and 2, we see this sisterly bond between the two main characters. OYH calls SSR "unni", and SSR treats Bae Rona like she is her own child. It's like clues that they are more than best friends.     

When the production company said that the relationship between the main characters will be changed this is what I thought about.. What's more of a plot twist is when we find out that OYH and SSR are sisters.  

Actually I did want to ask before, has the writer ever clear out/mentioned  about OYH's birth/about her parents? Since I didn't watch S1 completely so I don't know. I kept think why they making OYH like an orphan with no parents, everything she do is by her own and she had  to always suffer from the riches. I meant like don't her parents help her when her ex mother -in-law mistreated her. I watched the clips from S1 , it seems like no one ever helped her (not even her own parents) when her ex mother -in-law mistreated her & Rona (i meant even Rona is not her husband blood -related child, she is still Yoonhee's parents blood-related grandchild,won't they be angry? unless Yoonhee's parents died before Rona was born, then i can understand but I don't think i seen Yoonhee mentioned her parents in both seasons?

1 hour ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

I kept think why they making OYH like an orphan with no parents, everything she do is by her own and she had  to always suffer from the riches. I meant like don't her parents help her when her ex mother -in-law mistreated her. I watched the clips from S1 , it seems like no one ever helped her (not even her own parents) when her ex mother -in-law mistreated her & Rona (i meant even Rona is not her husband blood -related child, she is still Yoonhee's parents blood-related grandchild,won't they be angry? unless Yoonhee's parents died before Rona was born, then i can understand but I don't think i seen Yoonhee mentioned her parents in both seasons?

Yes, they never showed any evidence that OYH has/had parents. There's no picture of them anywhere. How did she afford to get into Cheong-Ah High School? 

On 4/22/2021 at 5:22 AM, luvjkpop 07 said:
Ppl are saying Logan's secretary is at the script reading today so they believe Logan is not dead (under spoiler)

That's interesting, according to namu wiki, the main actors/main characters are SSR, OYH, CSJ, which means that all three of them could have a change in their relationship. Personally, I think it would be hilarious if we found out that OYH is CSJ's half-sister, lol. 

Edited by ferily
Please do not quote tweets. Thanks!
  • LOL 1

On 4/27/2021 at 12:05 PM, kboramint said:

Yes, they never showed any evidence that OYH has/had parents. There's no picture of them anywhere. How did she afford to get into Cheong-Ah High School? 

Thanks that is what I'm wondering how she able to get into Cheong-Ah high sch yet unable set as a low rank person?

==============================================

Anyway I think I need to stop reading theory from other , I will not spoil, I will just talk about some filming took place yesterday & today under spoiler

Spoiler

So yesterday Logan's secretary posted a selca on his IGstory yesterday & subsequently posted the same selca today on his IG but he put the location at Paju & he was with Park Eunseok & Lee Ji Ah using hashtag.

I think on K forum, some one posted seeing Park Eunseok & lee ji ah at a nursing home &  Lee ji ah is a nurse (anywhere it can also be a vacation home etc. Well not sure is a flashback seen or after the bombing scene , wait for the teaser then)

Today is CSJ & JDT filming (so far only saw photo of them) Many are guess  whether is the prison break or a flashback scene because of CSJ outfit but then JDT is not wearing specs which we seen since S1 & S2 but I don't know is to represent as Mr Baek or something else.  Don't think too hard.

so far those are the things I saw yesterday & today (not going to include those theories of knetz & some translation account spreading around IG & twitter as the script is blurred & those rumors are based on the script exposed by one of the actor during their script reading last week.

• 3 weeks later...

Winners Of The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards

e9f91c9e512547a5a344ad7aafc084f3.jpeg?s=

May 13, 2021
by E. Cha

The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards was a star-studded affair that honored some of the year’s greatest achievements in television, film, and theater!

This year’s ceremony was held without an audience at the KINTEX Hall in Ilsan, and MCs Suzy and Shin Dong Yup returned to host the show for the fourth consecutive year.

The Grand Prize for film went to “The Book of Fish,” while Yoo Jae Suk won the Grand Prize in the television category. Yoo Jae Suk’s MBC variety show “How Do You Play?” also took home the award for Best Variety Show.

JTBC’s “Beyond Evil” won both Best Drama and Best Screenplay, and its star Shin Ha Kyun also claimed the award for Best Actor in the television category. Kim So Yeon, the star of SBS’s smash hit “The Penthouse,” took home the prize for Best Actress.

In the film category, Yoo Ah In won Best Actor for “Voice of Silence,” while Jeon Jong Seo won Best Actress for “The Call.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1469192wpp/winners-of-the-57th-baeksang-arts-awards

Congratulation to So Yeon for the award.

Spoiler

E1SIXbvVkAEtyvs?format=jpg&name=medium

She's thankful to Writer Kim Sun Ok, the #Penthouse director, other Penthouse co-stars, her personal staff, her fans & his husband #LeeSangWoo for the award.  She also mentioned how she & all her other co-stars worked hard for the drama & hope that people would look forward for #Penthouse3 like people anticipated for #Penthouse & #Penthouse2

translation source

Spoiler

viewimage.php?no=24b0d769e1d32ca73cec8ef

E1R9HqjVUAMxNef?format=jpg&name=small

E1R8HDHUYA4_Fek?format=jpg&name=900x900

Penthouse cast on the red carpet at Baeksang Arts Award 2021

Spoiler

E1VA09eVIAEJ2wN?format=jpg&name=large

E1RBZo2UcAMIR5B?format=jpg&name=medium

E1RBaLnVUAAuPgB?format=jpg&name=medium

E1RBZT6UUAAxMcx?format=jpg&name=medium

0d18d9b61a289d78410371cb0ebd3a4ce815ac00

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Every character looks so serious but I'm pretty sure that SSR only turns vengeful toward bad guys while Seok Hoon just acts like a typical K-lover boy in K-drama (becomes more possessive about his Rona).

I don't know why  on Twitter everyone suddenly is panic and they think SSR and SH become evil or something in season 3, lol :popcornjackson:

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

Seok Hoon just acts like a typical K-lover boy in K-drama (becomes more possessive about his Rona).

I’ve spent this entire show hating Seok-Hoon, maybe my opinion will change soon. It seems like YH has smartened up though. And SJ is becoming more... twisted? When did she get out of prison?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chococarmela said:

I’ve spent this entire show hating Seok-Hoon, maybe my opinion will change soon.  

Honestly, I doubt it, this is a makjang drama and the characters tend to do utterly dramatic and questionable choices (even our angelic MSA did selfish things that served her benefit). If writer-nim truly gave SH room to grow, then he wouldn't be just a simple lover boy like the other lover boys in melodramas.

• Like 2

Look away, look away

Look away, look away

This show will wreak your evening, your whole life, and your day

Every single episode is nothing but dismay

So look away

Look away, look away

Shim Su-Ryeon is in grief and now Logan is gone

More villains have arrived and there is something very wrong

It's horrid way to start up this, our third and final season

Anyone still watching it has clearly lost all reason

Just look away,

Look away -

There's nothing but horror and inconvenience on the way

Ask any stable person "Should I watch?" and they will say:

Look away, look away

Look away, look away

Look away, look away

Look away, look away 

Edited by Internet Luda
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

Since the first ep will be out on friday these are things that i want to happen

1. Although i am a huge seokrona fan i don't really want them to be together. Like his sister bullied her and made her life miserable and he did nothing. His father almost killed her. To be honest i only like them because they are cute and i like young love.
  2. I am glad that we are getting Season 1 seojin back i didn't like how weak she was in season 2.
  3. Oh Yoonhee needs to move on from Yoonchul. He doesn't deserve her and i hope she doesn't go back to season 1 yoonhee because she was a badass in season 2.
  4. I don't think that SK has been punished enough. I want SK, EB and Minhyuk to suffer in season 3 and after that they should seek psychological help.
  5. I don't care about the rest
  • Like 3
  • Blob 1

I am hoping for a 2-3 year time jump instead of the parents conveniently being released early from jail. We can see them after their jail time. However, I don't know how that works for SJ. She had a much longer sentence than the other parents, I believe 7 years. Maybe she also escapes from jail like JDT, and her story is going up against crazy nanny instead of SSR. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Internet Luda said:

Look away, look away

I totally agreed with you. Since end of season 1, I'm already off this Kim Soon-ok "corkscrew roller coaster". Season 2, worst. Full of unrealistic suspense, make fool of the audience and the Korean police force. All the casts (From top to the bottom" are doing a fantastic jobs. I guess this 'Penthouse' drama is Kim Soon-ok worst script that she had written by far.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Internet Luda said:

Look away, look away

Look away, look away

This show will wreak your evening, your whole life, and your day

Every single episode is nothing but dismay

So look away

Look away, look away

Shim Su-Ryeon is in grief and now Logan is gone

More villains have arrived and there is something very wrong

It's horrid way to start up this, our third and final season

Anyone still watching it has clearly lost all reason

Just look away,

Look away -

Look away, look away

Look away, look away

Look away, look away

Look away, look away 

Ahahhaahahh! Rilex, it's just a drama. Not gonna happened in reality at all. So just enjoy the show till the end then start new one like we always did. Don't get too carried away. Just enjoy ok! :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Just saw these things on twitter

Ha Yoon Chul fell down the pond under the Hera statue (his figure in the opening suffered the same fate)

spacer.png

Logan's figure look slike SSR broken figure in penthouse s2 opening. It seems like he got heavily injured with broken legs, disfigured face and lost his hair

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1