kkddrraammaa

First Name: Dong Yoon
Family Name: Jang
Native Name: 장동윤
Also Known As: Jang Dong Yun;
Nationality: South Korean
Born: July 12, 1992

Trivia

Debut Story - In 2015, while studying at Hanyang University, Jang was reported in the media for his bravery. It was reported that Jang had come across a robber with a lethal weapon threatening a convenience store clerk in Seoul's Gwanak District, and that he had devised a quick plan to have the culprit arrested. He was recognised with a commendation from the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency for this act of heroism. This popularity later had led to him receiving many casting offers.

High School Years -  Describes as his most formative years. - link. Got his lifeguard license, started studying hard in a competitive environment, joined literature academy, won prize for his poems, learned guitar and played in a music band - link. Regrets not dating in high school.  - link

Music he likes - Radiohead, Red Hot chilli pepper - link

Movies he liked recently - By David O. Russell Joy and Silver Linings Playbook, By Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes and Snatch - link

Link to Intro Article - https://mydramalist.com/article/the-ultra-fan-guide-to-jang-dong-yoon-011013841

Link to Interviews - https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2019/12/23/here-have-some-jang-dong-yoon/

Jang-Dong-Yoon-02.jpg&f=1&nofb=1jang-dong-yoon-74931.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Full drama (eng subs) if We Were Season (Jang Dong Yoon,Chae Soo Bin) by writer Tale Of Nokdu "Im Ye Jin"

Giseok's friend in this is the same person as the guy who have a crush on Nokdu wkwkw lol.

this is good drama btw. "hug means their story didn't end yet."

*btw all the coment because tale of nokdu,great he's get recognition now.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Just read on Wiki how he majored in Economics/Finance while in Hanyang University. So not only is he a natural-born actor, he's also smart!

Btw, he was also in Mister Sunshine. Although his role wasn't really major, it left a really deep impression on me, especially when it signified something important. :((

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hi guys, I've watched The Tale of Nokdu and realized he's the same boy plays in Solomon's perjury, which he debuts as an actor. I have to say that he improved his acting day by day. After falling in love with his performance, I looked for his work before, than I found If we were a season and Beautiful Days (2018) are also very interesting to watch. 
(I have the film Beautiful days in Eng-sub, in case you want to take a look)

I just want to say what make me adore him is not only his acting but also his personality, so natural. Like he do what he want to do, he just shows it with his sincerity, but by a very clever way, I mean the quality that many actors don't. That's why his acting is very natural and pure. 

Love to share my opinion with you! :heart:

Edited by Lazilady
To fix some grammar mistakes.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

On 11/15/2019 at 12:18 PM, ChunSungIm said:

hug means their story didn't end yet.

He acted so well in this one! I wish they added another episode to tie it all up. I havent seen Solomon's Perjury yet, but seen the other ones. School 2017 was a hit and miss (was too focused on the OTP haha). But I recall thinking he was cute hehe.

1 hour ago, Lazilady said:

I have the film Beautiful days in Eng-sub, in case you want to take a look

YES PLEASE! I wanna see the badass scruffy side of his. Downing some beer, smoking in a shady alley *giggling*
Which reminds me of a pic someone posted recently on twitter.

THIS PIC IS FIIIIREEE <3 %EC%9E%A5%EB%8F%99%EC%9C%A43.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I was also wondering how much weight he had to lose for "The Tale of Nokdu" drama!

He looks super broad in this one. This is from 2018 some time around "A poem a day". I think this was his buffest period ever. Rawrr! :love:
21689015-114696065889892-497106113626793

But for TTON he needed to pass off as a very pretty woman, so he now looks like this. The long hair looks nice and the short I don't miss as much as his buff shoulders and the cheeks. So thin!  T_T

77129184_738150809928661_491893263790201

But he's shown a very charming side in this drama so I've fallen further for him haha.
He sure is a hardworking dude!
Link to article https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/devi-latifah/potret-jang-dong-yoon-di-the-tale-of-nokdu-c1c2/full

More yummy proof pics -
tumblr_pdnck8g7gO1qir81ho2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pdnck8g7gO1qir81ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p67rv0n3Oc1qir81ho1_1280.jpg

PAToUFQ.jpg

Edited by kkddrraammaa
Adding a couple more pics, for uh, more clarity
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

4 hours ago, Lazilady said:

I just want to say what make me adore him is not only his acting but also his personality, so natural. Like he do what he want to do, he just show it with his sincerity, but by a very clever way, I mean the quality that many actors don't. That's why his acting is very natural and pure.

I agree, his personality, that's why I was immediately enchanted by him :wub:. It's hard to find actors who are truly genuine in both their career and personal life. Just in three years, he's now finally recognized and has solidified himself as a male lead through TTON. We need more people like him in the entertainment/media world to be a role model, given the toxic world we currently live in. So I am sooo happy for him :heart:

2 hours ago, kkddrraammaa said:

YES PLEASE! I wanna see the badass scruffy side of his. Downing some beer, smoking in a shady alley *giggling*

I might really try and start watching some of his major dramas after TTON to cope up with the withdrawal syndrome, which is gonna be so hard, I know ^^. So the movie Beautiful Days was where he was smoking? I think I saw that in Twitter posted by someone who's a JDY fan as well. I was a bit shocked though, I admit, when I saw him smoking... HAHA.. I hope he isn't in real life ^_^ I only saw him in School 2017 and when I learned that he wasn't the male lead, I actually didn't manage to continue watching it ... lol..

1 hour ago, kkddrraammaa said:

I was also wondering how much weight he had to lose for "The Tale of Nokdu" drama!

Not sure about how much he lose in weight, but he did say during their radio interview that rather than focusing on the weight, it's more of the muscle mass I think, IIRC. So his chubby cheeks were gone. And both KSH and Eunji being envious of that because they were wondering when their chubby cheeks/baby fats will be gone as well... HAHA...

At first, I cannot believe that this guy has abs because when he's just wearing normal clothes, he just looks like this adorable guy :D... but I was surprised to know he loves exercising ^^...

• Like 4

Finally a Forum for Jang Dong Yoon, it feels as home kkk... I really wanted a place to share info, news and spazz about him!!!

Tbh I didn't know abt him before... when I saw his picture as a woman in a kdrama account... I didn't suspect that beautiful girl was actually a man ^___^; and here I'm since the first episode of The Tale of Nokdu, I became his fan and now I can't stop to search every info abt him everyday hehehe 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

For the new Jang Dong Yoon's fans as me, here a list of some variety shows where he participated and I recommend... I really like his personality and many talents.

Spoiler

You can watch these shows in KISS TV SHOW with Eng Sub 

2019         The Gashinas miembro
2019 Miss Korea miembro
2018 Law of the Jungle in Sabah (ep. #330-333) - miembro
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Are The Gashinas and Miss Korea shows subbed in English, btw? :D

Yes, both shows are! In the hidden content I shared, there's the name of the site, I really recommend both!!!

In MISS KOREA, it's cute how TVN editor says in the captions "Our baby (referring to JDY)"  lol 

And in THE GASHINAS, he talks something abt marriage herherher

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, jstgt1501 said:

For the new Jang Dong Yoon's fans as me, here a list of some variety shows where he participated and I recommend... I really like his personality and many talents.

Reveal hidden contents

You can watch these shows in KISS TV SHOW with Eng Sub 

2019         The Gashinas miembro
2019 Miss Korea miembro
2018 Law of the Jungle in Sabah (ep. #330-333) - miembro

I recommend these shows too! Especially The Gashinas, JDY's kind and considerate nature really sparkled there I thought. 

To give some context about The Gashinas, it's a show where JDY and a few other celebrities went and helped grandmothers in the countryside learning to read. It's very wholesome content.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jstgt1501 said:

Yes, both shows are! In the hidden content I shared, there's the name of the site, I really recommend both!!!

In MISS KOREA, it's cute how TVN editor says in the captions "Our baby (referring to JDY)"  lol 

And in THE GASHINAS, he talks something abt marriage herherher

Thanks~ I saw some clips shared in Twitter too about these two shows. And yeah, I also saw that marriage thingy mentioned there :) And from The Gashinas, I saw him...

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-3.gif 

... while talking about his mom.. such a filial son...I totally get him there.

I am just so happy for him that people who became a new fan of him (like me) started watching his dramas and his previous variety shows and sharing them on Twitter and IG. His personality the most is what's drawn me to like him, not just as an actor but as a person :)

• Like 1
  • Love 4

To share some of Jang Dong Yoon's  many talents and qualities :wub: here are 5 of them:

1. He's amazing at writing poems

2. He's great at swimming (a cut of his diving skills)

3. He's quite good at drawing as well

4. He speaks in English pretty well: 

5. He has skills in babysitting lol (you can see that in the show MISS KOREA) 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

while talking about his mom.. such a filial son...I totally get him there.

omoomomo, what a cutie patootie. I saw some clips earlier, but they weren't subbed. Will check out the subbed version on the link mentioned, thanks chingu!

3 hours ago, jstgt1501 said:

4. He speaks in English pretty well: 

I love this fact! I hope he gets a netflix show, then does some interviews in english hehe. Or some english movies too like Choi woo sik in Okja! He's definitely got acting chops, I hope he makes it big someday!

13 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I agree, his personality, that's why I was immediately enchanted by him :wub:. It's hard to find actors who are truly genuine in both their career and personal life.

Same. He's QUIRKY! and so genuine haha. I also kinda love-hate and respect the fact that he isn't on social media. Just shows he lets his work do the talking. He also maintains a mysterious aura like the actors of yesteryear. Also shows he isn't the slightest bit narcissistic (although my heart could use a selfie or two)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I know he doesn't have an extensive filmography pre tale of nokdu unlike kim sohyun but I still haven't seen everything he has done. My time post the drama ending wil be catching up on previous works for both of them. It is a good use of my time because I don't know how else to cope with the end of the drama. I'm certain jang dongyoon will have a great future ahead of him. It won't be only because of his acting but because he is also a good, down to earth and kind person. I wonder what he does on his off time hopefully spend time with the tale of nokdu casts so that we don't have to let them go so quickly. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, jstgt1501 said:

4. He speaks in English pretty well.

5. He has skills in babysitting lol (you can see that in the show MISS KOREA) 

4. Oh, his English ~!... it's not gonna be a problem for us international fans then because he understands English :) I kinda really wanna meet him in person.

5. Appa material B).. he's gonna be a great dad :)

6 hours ago, kkddrraammaa said:

Same. He's QUIRKY! and so genuine haha. I also kinda love-hate and respect the fact that he isn't on social media. Just shows he lets his work do the talking. He also maintains a mysterious aura like the actors of yesteryear. Also shows he isn't the slightest bit narcissistic (although my heart could use a selfie or two)

You and me both! I love the fact that he's keeping a little privacy for himself but then I also wanna see him be active in social media for us fans. We even beg his manager to convince JDY to open an IG account but he said JDY doesn't have any plans. After their 2nd radio interview, he was signing some autographs for his fans and someone also asked the same thing to him (about IG) and he just pointed at his manager who then laughs, and said he (JDY) won't post anything anyways. I guess he's like me too, I do have social media accounts but I rarely update it with any pics, I only use it for commenting and all...lol... but I hope he change his mind down the road :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1