[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me recap from memory what I saw from the raw cuts..this drama serves some more twists

1. Of course after the flowers arrive at Lee Shin's place , they all confront her about everyone's deaths and as expected she does not seem to know who the flowers are from.  The young blonde girl was so stressed up that she passed out. 

2. Anyway later on HJ spoke to LeeShin privately and she gave him a number and a name. HJ shared this with GH later in Lee Shin's garden.  As they were talking Bae came to see them , they confronted him about whether he was involved in the stock broker's death, he seemed a little annoyed at one point but I don't think they really got anything from him

3. HJ at station cafeteria , researching for the flowers - trying to track the card that was used in Lee Shin's bouquet . Hyung saw his phone by accident .His colleagues teased him...lol...thinks he's looking to buy flowers :joy:. Anyway he came up with a list of flower shops and recognise one of the shop addresses as being next to cafe 36.5. He called the old man who owns the shop but it was closed. He goes to that florist and he saw from cctv who sent that flowers...the guy was wearing a  mask but he recognised the headphone brand hanging on the bag.

4. Immediately he goes see gamer boy & confronts him...anyway after some arguing the boy says he did send it but it was on purpose as he wanted to test the reaction of the people there to see who was the least surprised. He mentioned something about GH. Meanwhile GH received a call from blonde hair girl.She visited her and they had a long chat..the girl needed some comforting..seems like she was regretting the reset.

5. Anyway HJ goes to GH house and they discuss the latest development. GH had taken the photo of the card received by the security guard who died earlier ( the wife had shown her)..so they compare the card and the message and it was different. The one sent to the guard was a lot more cryptic.

6. HJ looks for the file of stock broker's death...he wanted more info..his boss and even hyung are wondering why he was so hung up on the case.

7. GH continues to go through the florist list...and very interesting twist ...the staff there says can't say much better to ask the boss...the boss photo was the pregnant woman who did not reset!!! HJ also comes to the shop...he had spoken to Soo Yeon's husband who told him that SY had called him before her death saying he is wasting his time sending her flowers.

8. Back home GH was reading the comments from her fans on her webtoon..one of the comments mentioned something that gave her an epiphany...

9. Bae and the gamer boy meet up....hmm not quite sure what these two are up to.

10. GH uses the comments from a fan and found a book in the library that had all these classic art paintings. The cryptic message from the card seems to taken from that book.

11. HJ and GH goes back to that florist shop...they met the pregnant woman ( she was not pregnant yet) ...she was not very helpful and did not seem to recognise them. She closed the shop. She was in a cab and made a call..then they pan to Lee Shin receiving a call ( not sure if red herring though)

12. Interesting scene of Lee Shin in her daughter's room...take note that the daughter loves playing with trains ( note that the KTX train accident happened before the reset) 

13. GH tells HJ about the book. And it seems the quotes in the cards sent to those who died match different parts of the book and also the paintings alluded to the different ways they died..so the next picture showed another death ..accident of some sort on an overturned horse carriage. ( So @Ameera Ali seems the cards and quotes are different from what gamer boy sent to LS's house)

14. Okay some scenes missing but long story short...GH and HJ needed to get the trust of the flower shop owner ( the one who did not reset) . GH was stalking her in the cafe . The lady was talking to some con artist who wanted to sell some rubbish vitamins to the lady. GH sent the picture of the con to HJ. The con lady was on the wanted list. Anyway while waiting for HJ to arrive , GH had to interrupt the two to delay them from leaving. She had to put up a funny act again...lol! She pretended to want to buy the vitamins...and started fighting with the florist lady over it...HJ comes to see the scene she kicked up. He smiled. Anyway he managed to prove that the con lady was a con...later on the florist was very thankful they helped her and I think she seemed more willing to tell them about who ordered the flowers ( or something)

15. They  took the florist and the con lady to the station. Later on after the florist left...HJ and GJ was alone. Hyung saw them and invited them for dinner...he is most suspicious about them two together always. it was quite a funny scene with our HJ getting a little tipsy and all.

16. Anyway HJ and GH decided to tell the other 3 about their discoveries. Then during their talk at 36.5 cafe, blonde hair girl said she saw gamer boy meet Bae..even had a photo...they asked him what he was up to...he left them and ran. HJ gave chase but not shown if he caught him.

17. Then a scene of Bae meeting up with LS..he had some photos to show her...seems like he wanted to blackmail her but she was unfazed.

18 . Then the craziest thing happened..the florist calls HJ and tells him she received a bouquet. He rushes over..then GH , I think,   was also told..she caught a cab there. As she was running towards the shop, HJ was also running there...and he called out to her. That fortunately delayed her by a step as the florist shop blows up!!  In the same scene , we had Lee Shin waiting in her office looking at the clock and using her sand timer. .( her face looks rather sinister)

Preview....omg...last bit we have HJ really crying at a crime scene..gosh did his hyung or someone precious to him die?

5 hours ago, triplem said:

In the same scene , we had Lee Shin waiting in her office looking at the clock and using her sand timer. .( her face looks rather sinister)

@triplem Thanks for the recap! I haven't seen the full episode yet, but I noticed from watching the clip, Lee Shin has a book of classical art/paintings on her desk in this scene as well. What is that supposed to mean? :o

If She killing them to have the chance to Reset again and save her daughter who died on the train accident .
Isn't it simply just not take the train if she knew she would lose her daughter there. Why would she bother to bring them to reset and kill them one by one. 

Could it be that she is trying to find a way to stop it from happening?

Like how Ga Hyun was meant to be killed in a hit and run and the car accident still happened (with the same people involved) but the story changes (such as how it was her friend who got killed instead or that Yeon Soo was not the one driving and yet she got involved in the hit and run anyway)

Looks like something happens to Hyun Ju's partner hyung?

Haven’t had the chance to watch with subs . 
But this is too darn cute . I’m just so glad he took on this role 

New stills for tonight 

I guessed wrongly... the pregnant lady reappeared. But oh no, did she really die in the explosion? Was that the same way as depicted in the painting in the book?

Looks like another death from the preview tonight.

What a busy day! I'm exhausted. It seems that I'm busier in social isolation than when I'm not. :P

This is one serious roller coaster ride... all the twists and turns... and the red herrings... dear me. I was about to say that this show has red herrings galore but in reality I can't be sure of what's what at this point. Apart from our leads, I can't trust what anyone says. So many agendas at play.

Now, what's interesting in this most recent episode is why they've introduced Lee Shin's daughter. So I'm wondering if the reset does have something to do with her. The Gangster Guy seems to know that Lee Shin didn't offer the reset for altruistic reasons so it's looking more and more like revenge and/or she's trying to find someone who acted against her or someone she cared about at some point.

On the one hand it does feel like people are being picked off one by one like Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None but then it also still feels like a game and someone's manipulating things, yanking people's chain to see how they would react. 

The bouquet, the book, Pieces of Destiny, feels to me so much like an elaborate wild goose chase. It certainly had the leads scrambling around after a series of trails. After all that we're none the wiser if those people were really murdered... although that seems to be strongly intimated here.

I feel that we're watching a very elaborate setup akin to a magic show: Smoke and mirrors. Misdirection here to distract from what's going on over there.  Then a random rabbit out of a hat. A lady sawn in half. Meanwhile over here... is something else going on the background.

Ack! Where's Jonathan Creek when you need him?

I don't know if it is a coincidence but it looks like people die around the same time: 11.00 pm. When the clock is shown at LS's office, it is 10:50 pm. And SGY was suspected to have killed YS around 11.00 pm... She left the park at 11:37 pm.

Then we have 11 people who accepted LS's offer for a reset. 11  could be see as 1+1 =2... and we have two deaths due to the train derail. 

We all suspected that the train derail would play a huge part. However, I found LS's reaction strange, when her daughter mentioned riding the train. The mother said, they would do it soon... if she knows about the train derail, then why would she support her daughter's idea to enjoy taking the train? We have different possibilities:

- either LS wants to rescue her daughter and for that, she needs the death of 11 persons hence she ensured that 11 people would join the reset and staged their death...

- or she wants to join her daughter in her death, well aware that she can not change her fate but unlike her daughter, she is caught in the reset and must witness each year her daughter's death. 

- or she wants to save her daughter and she is working with someone who wants to use the reset in order to get the biggest benefit (rich, powerful, ...). One wants only to keep her daughter, whereas the other decided to get the maximum of benefit. 

27 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

erail would play a huge part. However, I found LS's reaction strange, when her daughter mentioned riding the train. The mother said, they would do it soon... if she knows about the train derail, then why would she support her daughter's idea to enjoy taking the train. We have different possibilities:

- either LS wants to rescue her daughter and for that, she needs the death of 11 persons hence she ensured that 11 people would join the reset and staged their death...

- or she wants to join her daughter in her death, well aware that she can not change her fate but unlike her daughter, she is caught in the reset and must witness each year her daughter's death. 

- or she wants to save her daughter and she is working with someone who wants to use the reset in order to get the biggest benefit (rich, powerful, ...). One wants only to keep her daughter, whereas the other decided to get the maximum of benefit. 

I too found this strange. The immediate reaction of all the other first time resetters  like HJ and GH was to try and avoid the same scenario . So I think LS has a gone through the reset a number of times for her to realise that each time some variable would appear making it impossible for her to avoid that tragedy ( assuming her daughter did die in the train accident). So through enough resets , maybe she's been able to find a way to set a chain of events in motion though I am not sure how them dying would help her cause. 

I feel the florist who died in the explosion was not supposed to. But because both HJ and GJ had dug so deep into finding the link to LS , she became collateral damage. 

Anyway , will check the cuts and see what I can recap here in a bit

Another observation: we heard that Park was the first one to die but when we were shown the items of the deceased persons, we only saw three items, the one from YS (cellphone), Choi (lotto ticket) and the stock broker (music box). So this could be a clue that Park didn't die like LS mentioned it. No one except her saw his body. Or I am not remembering it correctly?

I am very confused with what I saw on the clips ...

1. So the ambulance came etc ...the florist died.  HJ and GH spoke to the cop in charge...think it was an explosion of her heater...don't think it was a bomb. Meanwhile GH from afar saw the owner of 36.5 cafe.

2. GH and HJ goes see LS ..she still playing innocent but they do ask her about the book Pieces of Destiny...LS shows them she has it too...but interestingly her daughter came in at one point to her shock/ surprise. You can see LS's face change

3. GH went to see the cafe owner and asked him what he was doing at the scene of the explosion...I don't fully understand but he tells GH his back story about how it was like with his wife who had dementia and that he had almost lost her ..

4. HJ goes back to the Michael Clinic where he met the foreigner who deliver the cards...anyway he speaks to the staff there..from what I gather, the one who is the doctor at the clinic is not Lee Shin but her assistant. Anyway, HJ does more digging and speaks to a another psychiatrist and Xian Clinic seems a little bogus ...GH and HJ dig more into the clinic, I see an article showing a that the clinic is owned by a guy.

5. Anyway as cuts are missing, there was a scene where GH and HJ go to a bus station...tried to stop LS's assistant from leaving . They tried to talk to her and asked her about the bouquets but I don't think they got any straight answers from her.

6. But after the meeting with LS's assistant, HJ and GH realise they have been looking at things wrongly. The redo the board of pictures they were doing and started writing down all those who died, the dates and tried to draw out the links. They realise that the very first guy who died - the delivery guy stood out. They realised they had not seen his body.

7. So HJ checks for his records and there was no record of his death. HJ goes look for the guy...ok, interesting twist..the delivery guy had a twin & they look exactly the same. HJ spoke to the twin...I don't know if the delivery guy took the brother's identity or what.

8. There's someone that is still stalking Se Rin ( the blonde hair girl) . Meanwhile the gamer boy and Bae are still meeting up.

9. Se Rin calls GH over to her house for dinner..the girls bond ..

10. GH and HJ continues to investigate...GH tries to get more stuff from the book..interesting to note that the pages have some sort of meaning ( need subs for clarity) . Then HJ gets a call.. it was related to Bae...he decides to go look for him..GH was worried and grabbed his arm , he promised to be careful ( this is a much love line as we are getting :lol:)

11. HJ goes to his house but he was not there...HJ sees his note pad , and realised there was an address or something . he used a stencil technique to shade out the address.   He called gamer boy to help him as he drove off in  a hurry

Spoiler

10.  Se Rin was approaching her apartment and bae was outside...anyway long story short he came to beat her up or scare her or something. Her boyfriend saw broken lock on the door and came in but Bae knocked him unconscious...Think he was supposed to kill her but GH ( don't know how she had known) came in time. HJ had arrived downstairs and he had his hyung there too...he saw GH rushing up the apartment. GH saw Bae and he ran out of the apartment. HJ and Hyung were at the lift...Hyung told HJ to check on GH while Hyung gave chase.

11. GH called ambulance, HJ made sure they were ok and GH told him to go help catch Bae. Bae had run to a construction site..he and hyung had a fight and hyung was injured and passed out. HJ comes , Bae was very strong almost strangled HJ , fortunately some back up cops came . So they took Bae away and fortunately, Hyung did not die. But HJ was really pissed off , he was so emotional while interrogating Bae. Almost strangled Bae back. ..the other cop had to stop him.

12. Anyway later on Bae was sentenced to jail. There was a scene of LS with her daughter flying away

13. For a period of time it seems , things went back to normal. Se Rin and Hyung both recovered from the injuries.

14. Then one day, HJ and team investigate the death of a guy by the river..HJ recognise  the guy ( i don't though...) but the guy is significant that HJ went to GH and they realise not all is well...

15. They meet the other 3 and the weirdest thing happen...LS comes and confirms their speculations...gosh she just gives off this sinister vibe...what do you make of this????

Spoiler

LS just gives me the chills here...preview

Based on yesterday's episode, it does seem that there's a correlation between the train derailment and Lee Shin's daughter. In the first scene of her daughter's bedroom, how the toy trains laid on the bed resembled a derailment. Then Lee Shin propped them back up like she's putting them back on track. So, it seems to me that she wants to prevent it. I also thought it was odd that she was willing to entertain her daughter's request to go on a real train ride too. If it's true she knows what's destined to happen such as the train derailment right before the reset (about a year later), maybe she thought it was safe to take her in a few days since she knows it's not going to happen then.

But yeah, I agree with everyone's question of how and why the resetters would be linked to her end-game.

Archived