[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

:lol: I was wondering why everyone was talking about a twin and also LS’s daughter singing a song and I realized I only watched ep12 and skipped ep11 altogether.   Watching it now to fill in the gaps.

PS Don’t ask me why it never tweaked that I wasn’t watching a continuation from what happened in the previous episode and just merrily believed I was on track :lol:.  I blame COVID and the chaos in real life.  The abrupt chaos in my drama viewing seemed “normal” as a result. 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 4/6/2020 at 8:52 PM, Hildaonpluto said:

If She killing them to have the chance to Reset again and save her daughter who died on the train accident .
Isn't it simply just not take the train if she knew she would lose her daughter there. Why would she bother to bring them to reset and kill them one by one. 

My theory is that, Lee Shin had altruistic intentions during her first few resets and tried to save them from their deaths. As she successfully saved them, the butterfly effect ended up with the death of her daughter during a reset. I have a feeling that the timeline we are watching is a "reset within a reset" to try and correct the death of her daughter.

The plot is unpredictable.

At first I thought Lee Shin wants to save her daughter from the train accident. I thought during multiple reset, she has found each possibility and learn how to change the daughter's fate. Maybe these people (the chose one) somehow has connection with the death of her daughter. If these people were gone, then the daughter could be alive.

That's what I thought first. But, it's more complicated. Why would Lee Shin play around with the flower bucket instead of kill them easily. What's with those dates. Why Jang was dead when he wasn't the chosen one. We don't know much about BJT and that woman outside police station. We aren't sure with PYG. To be honest from the very beginning, I had   hunch that PYG could be alive, for the twist. But now the twin said he's dead. 

6 hours ago, c Cinc said:

My theory is that, Lee Shin had altruistic intentions during her first few resets and tried to save them from their deaths. As she successfully saved them, the butterfly effect ended up with the death of her daughter during a reset. I have a feeling that the timeline we are watching is a "reset within a reset" to try and correct the death of her daughter.

@c Cinc I feel your theory has good ration. Thanks for sharing.

LS' former colleague at the clinic described her as having a "delicate heart" so it made me think that she had sincere intentions as a psychiatrist at one point in time. Her former colleague also mentioned that she quit because her best friend committed suicide. She felt she could have prevented it.

Regarding people she could have tried to save/help through past resets, I think they could be at least YS and GH. I remember from an early episode, LS had progress notes for both of them on her desk. So, I think in the original time, she treated them both. I believe they were also the two who didn't receive a call from LS to join the reset unlike the others who did.

YS stands out to me because LS had saved her from committing suicide from the jumping off the bridge. She may have had a soft spot for YS because of her best friend who committed suicide. She told YS that she could help her turn back everything. During the current reset, I think this is why LS may have told YS to survive until the next reset. YS may have died because she was supposed to have committed suicide before she intervened. I don't know if I believe GH may have actually had died or if she's in the mix because of YS.

As for HJ, if there was a reset before a reset, it could be that HJ actually died instead of his hyung. The ex-convict wanted to seek revenge against HJ.

I can't think of how the others are involved, but as you said, it could make sense that LS is trying to unwind the butterfly effects of past resets to fix her daughter's death. Her desperation to do so could explain why she's appears a bit crazy.

On 4/8/2020 at 9:41 PM, ktcjdrama said:

It is delivery guy, not security guard. The one invited for reset was named Park Young Gil. Died on first day of reset because he took over the shift (complete with truck) of his colleague, Jang, whose body was found 7 months after reported missing. Jang presumably died on 3/27, which I think was supposed to be PYG's original date of death.

I still suspicious why Jang's body yet decomposed after 7 month  :wacko:

14 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

LS' former colleague at the clinic described her as having a "delicate heart" so it made me think that she had sincere intentions as a psychiatrist at one point in time. Her former colleague also mentioned that she quit because her best friend committed suicide. She felt she could have prevented it.

Hmm, I thought that colleague was asked by LS to say all those things. We cannot be sure how much truth is in what she shared about LS. 

What I don’t understand is - if this is a reset within reset and that they all have died during the one year, how did she gather everyone in the meeting room, before going into the limo, for the reset that we saw at the beginning of the series?

17 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Ehhh, I am so behind with drama watching, esp this show. Is it still good?  Only saw the first 3 weeks.

One word - YES.  It’s going down the wire for me.  Although I am hoping the story makes sense in the end.  That’s the problem with time travel type dramas.  There are so many dramas that start off well and finish with a whimper.  I hope this isn’t one of them.  The fact that it’s just 12 episodes gives me a good feeling.  It shows the writer was confident to tie it up in 12 tight episodes when she was probably given the opportunity to use all 16?  That’s how I look at it anyway. :lol:

There’s a lot of things we DON’T know but what DO we know?  Specifically about the reset game rules?  Gamer boy keeps talking about it as a game so it must mean something.

1. some things HAVE to happen eg the car accident, Maru being lost, BJT scrapping the car.  Why do these events HAVE to happen?  Is it because there are at least 2 of the resetters linked to that event? Eg car accident - YS/GH, Maru lost - GH/HJ, BJT scrapping the car linked to YS.  Events that don’t relate to more than one of them, they can change eg HJ saves his Hyung, Hwang starts the cafe, Serin starts a new life.

2. there are deaths linked to the book dates and the floral tributes with the cards.

3. even if you chose NOT to reset, you still end up in the game if you were selected in the beginning.  Eg florist.

4. if you died in the process of the reset (delivery guy) inadvertently,  your replacement takes your spot in the game.  Death of Jang the delivery guy in the river.  Or was this the case of mistaken identity?  Jang was driving PYG’s van when he died.  PYG took his shift on the day of his reset death. Had he NOT undergone the reset, he would’ve lived and presumably been driving the van on 27Mar 2019.

5. maybe @40somethingahjumma is onto something about the reasons for their reset.  If it’s for personal gain and they benefit from it, it could cost them dearly in the reset?  So GH has the function of her legs back but she’s lost her friend in the process.  The security guard won lotto and was going to quit his job and retire early but never got to enjoy his newfound wealth.  Was the stockbroker worse off too?  At least we know he would’ve survived to 2020 without the reset?  

Something bugs me about Serin.  Remember how she wanted a particular apartment to rent and when she seemed to know it was to be vacant soon?  How did she know that?  We know the apartment is next door to her now boyfriend?  She seems very hung up about her perfect sister who died?  Because she said her parents adored her sister and she couldn’t live up to her?  Then she latches onto GH (who reminds her of her perfect sister?).   When BJT attacked her he accused her of setting him up as the murderer?  Why would he say that?  It was the same answer he gave HJ during interrogation.  That Serin set him up.  Hwang (cafe owner) and Serin seem very chummy?  How are they linked?  Gamer boy thus far seems to be the odd one out.  He’s thus far kept to himself much of the time?  He can’t just be in it for the thrills?  Surely?  

I agree with @nrllee about Serin. She is not as innocent as she looks. Her reason to move to a certain place sounded suspicious, then her new found boyfriend... maybe she always wanted to have him as boyfriend but couldn't. Maybe she exchanged the place with her sister... Maybe her sister was the one who started dating him... 

Like I had mentioned above, I suspect that PYG took his brother's identity, well aware that by doing so, he wouldn't be targeted... That's why I am suspecting that Serin had a complicated relationship with her sister: jealousy, envy... and wanted to switch her place with her sister.

@bebebisous33 i read an interesting theory on DC Gall. ( views of k netz ). Someone translated on twitter. Any thoughts?

Continue in spoiler

Spoiler

So do you all think there's a significance to the "trophies" collected by the mysterious man? Perhaps they all represent each person's self centredness... So whoever who did this for a selfish reason as most of you have mentioned would have a negative consequence especially since that JH's saving his hyung was the only one that did not  result in a death . I agree with @nrlleeThe pictureless frame mean that it doesn't matter who dies but the outcome is the same. Someone has to die.

@taeunfighting replying to an earlier post of yours - yes I was certain from day 1 , that LS was doing this for her own gain. What though that is still boggling my mind is how the deaths of these people or them staying alive ( assuming she is trying to help them avert their fates from many resets, but still fails) is linked to her saving her daughter. We have seen the interconnections among some of the characters , but not to her yet. 

--------------------

BTS! Why do they make this shippy little videos and not give us any romance???? 7 months have passed and you mean HJ and GH just remained friends :lol:

Spoiler

On 4/9/2020 at 12:17 AM, taeunfighting said:

I wondered about the husband's whereabouts too when her daughter sang that song, but my thought about the possibility of him is a bit on the crazy side. If he does exist in the story, because he's not seen around them, I think it's possible he may be the mysterious man/opposing force (though not necessarily a "killer"). Meaning he doesn't believe in the LS' time loop or resetting, but rather, everyone should just accept. I found it kind of strange that her daughter said that they keep moving from place to place. Also, it seems like LS wants to keep her daughter hidden away for some reason or from someone.

@taeunfighting

This is a very compelling theory and I don't want it to get lost in the discussions B) Think you have something there.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:04 AM, bedifferent said:

Ehhh, I am so behind with drama watching, esp this show. Is it still good?  Only saw the first 3 weeks.

More red herrings than a kipper buffet. 

I read everyone's theories and I have to say, each one of them had merit given the information provided at the time. But there's so much misdirection in this show. I am a little concerned, as someone else pointed out, that this will end up as an outlandish sci-fi. I really hope not, there's a lot to love so far... but... moderating expectations :sweatingbullets:

Given that there was that reveal *horrible spoiler follows*

Spoiler

*crazed laughter from Lee Shin* You... are... all... people that died!

there's a real chance for this to step up from the gimmicks and for them to problem solve their way out of this. I would really enjoy it if the 2nd half was a more directed struggle against a known antagonist, but am here for the ride no matter what.

@nrllee there’s an accompanying article for those stills translated by one of the fan accounts . From 2nd pic onwards 

Spoiler

@AC95 I hope the storyline doesn’t get so complicated that It is unable to wrap things up nicely . Even after 6 eps , which is midpoint I don’t quite understand why Lee Shin needed these ten to reset with her , or if there’s even a killer .  Anyway thanks for this link which you put on LJH’s thread - subbed BTS

Spoiler

1 hour ago, triplem said:

I hope the storyline doesn’t get so complicated that It is unable to wrap things up nicely . Even after 6 eps , which is midpoint I don’t quite understand why Lee Shin needed these ten to reset with her , or if there’s even a killer .

Yeah. I am worried that it’s getting too complicated.  When I read the reset within a reset hypothesis - that was so complicated I didn’t even try to unravel the possibility?  It’s hard enough trying to work out 1 reset (and we know LS has had multiples).  But to have 2 going on at the one time?  That’s just inconceivable?  Too hard to work out.  Hopefully there will be more of a reveal.  I do feel however that the sudden pause we saw where everyone went on to live “normally” for 7months (even LS) is significant.  It seemed such a sudden change of pace and vibe that it has to mean something?  That’s my gut feel. I did try to work out some plausible sequence of events which would align with @bebebisous33’s hypothesis that PYG took the identity of his twin brother (so as to escape his creditors?) but my brain couldn’t figure  out a workaround.  If it was his first time resetting he wouldn’t have known about the fact that you would pass out initially.  Unless he had done it before.  LS made it a point to tell them exactly when (time and date) they would wake up and she gave them some time to think it through before reaching a decision.  So there is a possibility that PYG (has he gone back before) would know that at that time he would be driving his friend’s van and potentially have an accident?  And he convinced his twin to take his spot?  Delivery man Jang seemed concerned that the surviving twin would be mad at him but when we meet the surviving twin he didn’t seem particularly angry or messed up?  He seemed quite accepting of the whole thing?

Lee Joon Hyuk Explodes In Rage Against Kim Ji Soo In “365: Repeat The Year”

Apr 12, 2020
by L. Kim

The drama tells the story of a mystery survival game in which people go one year back in time to make their lives perfect, but find themselves trapped in an even more mysterious course of events.

Lee Joon Hyuk plays Ji Hyung Joo, a violent crimes detective in the seventh year of his career who feels a sense of responsibility about losing one of his colleagues. Kim Ji Soo plays the mysterious psychologist Lee Shin, who gives 10 people the key to reset their fates.

Spoilers

In previous episodes, mysterious deaths occurred in succession after the reset. With the rising number of deaths, the resetters became increasingly terrified. Ji Hyung Joo and Shin Ga Hyun (Nam Ji Hyun) collaborated to find the hidden link behind the deaths. In the process, the dubious relationships between the resetters were revealed one by one, and Lee Shin was always at the center of the suspicion. Ji Hyung Joo and Shin Ga Hyun found out that the dead had all received the same flower basket before they died and that the card messages revealed the dates of their deaths. However, no events or accidents occurred after a certain point, and the whereabouts of Lee Shin also became unknown.

Seven months later, a body floated up by the river, heralding a fresh change to the plot. The body was presumed to have died on the date that was announced on the card in the flower basket, and Lee Shin, who had disappeared without a trace, reappeared in front of the resetters. On top of that, Lee Shin shocked everyone by saying that all of the resetters had already been dead. If her words are true, what developments will unfold in front of the resetters in the future?

In newly released stills for the drama’s upcoming episode, Ji Hyung Joo and Lee Shin are discussing something in a tense atmosphere. His eyes are filled with anger and hostility, but she looks calm and casual, as if she’s playing a lighthearted game.

Ji Hyung Joo lashes out with fury, but Lee Shin maintains her poker face. Eventually, he becomes overpowered by her bodyguards, and she watches him without an ounce of guilt or mercy.

lee-joon-hyuk-kim-ji-soo-11.jpg

The production crew shared, “The surprises so far are only the beginning. What was foreshadowed in the first half will begin to be revealed one by one in conjunction with the truth behind the resets, and a greater crisis will also come to the resetters. You will be able to feel an upgraded thrill and suspense.”

Episodes 13 and 14 of “365: Repeat the Year” will air on April 13 at 8:55 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393803wpp/lee-joon-hyuk-explodes-in-rage-against-kim-ji-soo-in-365-repeat-the-year

See that’s what I don’t understand.  How can LS say they were all meant to be dead?  Not in 2020 because they were all very much alive?  Before the reset?  If she meant they died in the near future in 2020 so it really didn’t matter if they died a year earlier in 2019 (before their time), that doesn’t make sense either.  Just because everyone is meant to die doesn’t make it right to have them die early?  She’s not quite right in her mind if that’s her argument.  Unless what she means is that the price they pay for playing the reset game is ultimately death?  But then how does she get a free pass?  She’s done this many times before and nothing happened to her?  

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yeah. I am worried that it’s getting too complicated.  When I read the reset within a reset hypothesis - that was so complicated I didn’t even try to unravel the possibility?  It’s hard enough trying to work out 1 reset (and we know LS has had multiples).  But to have 2 going on at the one time?  That’s just inconceivable?  Too hard to work out.  Hopefully there will be more of a reveal.  I do feel however that the sudden pause we saw where everyone went on to live “normally” for 7months (even LS) is significant.  It seemed such a sudden change of pace and vibe that it has to mean something?  That’s my gut feel. I did try to work out some plausible sequence of events which would align with @bebebisous33’s hypothesis that PYG took the identity of his twin brother (so as to escape his creditors?) but my brain couldn’t figure  out a workaround.  If it was his first time resetting he wouldn’t have known about the fact that you would pass out initially.  Unless he had done it before.  LS made it a point to tell them exactly when (time and date) they would wake up and she gave them some time to think it through before reaching a decision.  So there is a possibility that PYG (has he gone back before) would know that at that time he would be driving his friend’s van and potentially have an accident?  And he convinced his twin to take his spot?  Delivery man Jang seemed concerned that the surviving twin would be mad at him but when we meet the surviving twin he didn’t seem particularly angry or messed up?  He seemed quite accepting of the whole thing?

Well, this is my theory: PYG did some digging and saw that on that day, the deliveryman Jang was supposed to die. So he must have asked his twin brother to replace him, like "I need to do this delivery but I can't because of an important appointment" and didn't tell his brother that in fact he was replacing Jang. The brother who was not a deliveryman believed his brother and didn't notice that in reality, he was taking Jang's truck. So Jang didn't die that day as PYG wanted his twin brother to die so that he could switch his life and escape the creditors. Yet, he didn't confirm the death of PYG as the reset ends on January 11th... Furthermore, Jang really died the same way in March, as if Jang couldn't escape his fate. So maybe at the end of the reset, PYG can assume a new identity,... like for ex. he takes Jang's life over.

Archived