Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sushimi

[Variety 2020] Twogether (Netflix) 26 June 2PM KST Premiere!

I have just finished watching Twogether. This is my first Korean variety show & I decided to watch it just for LSG! :relaxed: and ofc because it involved traveling. Travel + handsome men = whats not to like!!!

SPOILERS AHEAD!! (Sorry I dont know how to hide the spoilers so just posting a warning here. I will edit post if someone helps me with the spoiler tag:) )

I have never laughed so much in quite some time now:lol: Both LSG and Jasper came across as very warm & genuine people with LSG almost behaving like an older brother to Jasper sometimes (except when they were competing against one another ofc!:lol:) The way LSG tricked poor Jasper at every turn when they were competing against one another had me cackling :lol: Jasper was a good sport all the time. Jasper is so so innocent while LSG is clearly very street smart & resourceful. I mean he managed to befriend a fan's granny in 10min!!! And also got a man to just handover his boat to him:D He is exactly the sort of company anyone would love to have while traveling. Cheerful, energetic, smart:wub: I also loved how respectful they were of all the different cultures & behaved like decent educated men. And a big thanks to the makers of this show for not being involved in poverty tourism which is unfortunately so common when people film shows in Asia or Africa but instead highlighting the best parts of every country. Some of the shots of Bali & Yogyakarta were breathtaking. 

I would love to watch more seasons of this show. New pairs & new countries :star:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I actually finished the whole show on the first day, LOLS.

It's now my 2nd rewatch to see some more details.

It exceeded my expectations, I was thinking when the show was first announced that it might be an awkward show with the language barrier but they're both so friendly and their "limited" way of communicating, mix in with basic English and body language just add a lot of cuteness!!!!! Pacing is on spot, it's so easy to digest and gobble at one go. 

Jasper even though is a noob in variety, he's a fast learner and is super good with outdoor sports, water sports in particular, while Seunggi is better with those in high air. So I saw a c-netizen comment saying Jasper shouldnt go up (height games) and Seunggi shouldn't go down (water), lols You'll understand better once you watched all episodes. Jasper seldom go on variety shows but he's super cute and humorous in those he guest and in interviews, he got the "sense".

Seunggi grown after 2D1N when he used to be the one getting fooled, now he's the one in charge of fooling, lols!

Also the phrase "GAME IS GAME! GAME IS CRUEL" is still stuck in my head, lols!!!

It already hit top #10 in 8 regions

Malaysia, Taiwan, Hongkong, Korea, Phillipines, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore

We'll get to see Seunggi in silk pyjama and Jasper's 5 selfie shots with hearts.

Season 2 Let's GO!!! It sounds like there'll be season 2 judging from how Jasper and Seunggi communicate during Naver Now live broadcast and also PD Go's instagram post talking about the success of season 1 and mentioning season 2!! PLEASE DO SO!! If not for covid-19, I feel filming for season should happen this year, sigh.

Also to answer question on Jasper's fisherman hat, I made a compilation thread on twitter, haha!

Spoilers on Jasper's part mostly:

Jasper's diving part wowed me!!! He seems pretty professional, it's hard to dive without the tank and for so long, he's able to hold his breath under water. WOW! I thought that part, he's super cool.

Also towards the end when he becomes suspicious of Seunggi fooling him all the time, hahahaha! Seunggi's image in his mind is "DON'T LIE TO ME", So funny.

He's so squishy and soft. I mean even though Jasper is older but he really looks like a dongsaeng and him calling Seunggi oppa is just too funny. This is somehow like a honeymoon trip between the two, hahahaha!

I mean I know he always have been quite the artist as he majored in visual communication, but I'm amazed by his creativity when he used his hands to paint. I thought he's so sweet.

Chiang Mai episode is the best!! I would like to see more of the "rivalry games" in 2nd season, I think Jasper might be able to hit back to his teacher Seunggi, although he'll probably still lose due to his innocent nature.

Spoiler GIFS - Major spoilers alert!!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Yep, we are, only @endeavor has finished so far!

I am in the middle of Ep 2 right now! It's such a happy show, I am trying to stretch it out as much as I can. :sparklyeyes:

Watch slowly! I watched ep 2 last night but fell asleep because of fatigue after a long day activity. So where are you at now? Maybe on the afternoon later I can resume ep 2.

Yes it's so fun! And these two oppas give you such a happy energy through their journey as if feels like we're going along with them in real.

2 hours ago, c_gunawan541 said:

Season 2 Let's GO!!! It sounds like there'll be season 2 judging from how Jasper and Seunggi communicate during Naver Now live broadcast and also PD Go's instagram post talking about the success of season 1 and mentioning season 2!! PLEASE DO SO!! If not for covid-19, I feel filming for season should happen this year, sigh.

I like S2. But regarding to the current situation pandemic I think it'll be pushed back for future plan. Safety comes first I guess. 

If they know there'll be Covid 19 would hot us in 2020. I bet they could directly proceed to film for the next season. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’ve only got 1 episode left to watch and I’m so sad it’s over so quick! Even my sister is watching it with me and she knows nothing of kshows, she’s become a Jasper fan lol

The beginning was so awkward and I was thinking will this even work, but literally the awkwardness was gone within the first episode! It really made me want to go travelling! 
the fans they met are the luckiest fans ever!! Can you imagine having your idol on your sofa? I would never let anyone else sit there ever again sksksksk 

The houses are amazing and spacious though, omg if they come to the UK they will find ugly bricks lol 

Jasper is so sweet, why does he remind me of his Triad Princess character. He’s so naive and innocent but took on really quickly. Variety shows are difficult so I’m very proud of him! 
Seunggi, he used to be the maknae in all the shows before! He’s grown so much, I’m in awe because he worked so hard and must have suffered to get to where he is. I still remember feeling sorry for him in the Noonas over flowers. 1N2D and Strong Heart feels like yesterday. He always seems so sweet and humble while being mischievous and cheeky, he is literally one of my favourites and the next Yoo Jae Suk for sure if he carries on. Come to Londonnnnn 

How beautiful are all the places they went to, I am so hitting up Indonesia next year (God willing), I think it was my favourite along with Nepal. Everywhere they went, everyone was so friendly, it’s such a great experience and you could see how much they loved it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, acuteaddict said:

I’ve only got 1 episode left to watch and I’m so sad it’s over so quick! Even my sister is watching it with me and she knows nothing of kshows, she’s become a Jasper fan lol

Then paused. Wait for me. Hahaha. I still have 7 to go but RL interrupted me. 

6 minutes ago, acuteaddict said:

The beginning was so awkward and I was thinking will this even work, but literally the awkwardness was gone within the first episode! It really made me want to go travelling! 
the fans they met are the luckiest fans ever!! Can you imagine having your idol on your sofa? I would never let anyone else sit there ever again sksksksk 

Yes it is! But it feels so funny in the same time. I can tell how these two guys are also feeling it and try to cope their gap. Hahaha

I can't tell much for now as I have yet finished all the episodes. So I'll come back with tons of spazzing. Hahaha. So hope everyone are still around so I wpn't be too lonely here. Hahhaaha

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Watch slowly! I watched ep 2 last night but fell asleep because of fatigue after a long day activity. So where are you at now? Maybe on the afternoon later I can resume ep 2.

I just finished Ep 2 last night! Real life calls now so I will be back later with more thoughts about it.

But in summary, this: 

5 hours ago, c_gunawan541 said:

Also the phrase "GAME IS GAME! GAME IS CRUEL" is still stuck in my head, lols!!!

HAHAHAH! GAME IS GAME.

@The.Lannister @c_gunawan541 Thank you for the spoiler-free reviews! I am looking forward! 

Have a nice day everyone, see you around later! 

:gangnamstyle:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I just finished Ep 2 last night! Real life calls now so I will be back later with more thoughts about it.

But in summary, this: 

5 hours ago, c_gunawan541 said:

HAHAHAH! GAME IS GAME.

@The.Lannister @c_gunawan541 Thank you for the spoiler-free reviews! I am looking forward! 

Have a nice day everyone, see you around later! 

:gangnamstyle:

• Like 1

Finished till ep 5 and oh my goodness when they did the water bicycle it was just :lol:

When Seung-Gi kept disappearing into the water :loolz:

And poor Jasper learning the cruel reality of competitions on variety shows. LSG is too experienced lol. Left with 3more eps after this one! Why am I feeling sad already?

• LOL 3

Hahaha, wow everyone is so quick! Like @wallflowersforjane I've only finished episode 2, partly from choice and partly because it's a busy time of year for me. Haven't seen the yoga part yet @Lawyerh but totally can imagine them turning the bromance up high @Alice Wonderland I'll still be here, I think!

@c_gunawan541 Totally agree pacing is very good and the language barrier isn't a big deal as the chemistry is spot on. Sometimes it even added to the humour like when LSG tries to fool Jasper or Jasper accidentally starts speaking Chinese to LSG! Yeah shame about covid. Would love a second season!

@acuteaddict Haha, I laughed when you mentioned the brick houses in the UK. I remember it's charms - like I could totally picture Jasper and LSG visiting the cottswalds. Wish they would come to Australia (and visit me!). Yeah, I was wondering if it'd be awkward too at first, but I feel like both the boys have such a warmth, friendliness and laid back manner that they quickly overcame it all. Jasper is so sweet and pure...but I like that he's being quickly corrupted by LSG!! :joy: Indonesia does look pretty...I wanna visit those places in the show too.

Episode 2 High lights & thoughts (contains spoilers so read at own risk if you haven't seen yet)

-Wow Jasper had to do a lot of running at that temple! And the spinning tops looked tricky for LSG. Variety shows actually look like a lot of physical work for everyone involved!

-Haha, aside from "Game is game" I laughed so much when they discovered the older guy was actually ok at badminton and LSG says they picked the wrong person and that the guy should be playing for the national team! (And then they illustrated him with flames to show his fighting spirit. A bit of an exaggeration, I'm sure :joy:)

-Jasper distracting the opposite team as "game is cruel" as you gotta do all the things in your power to winnnn. Also him falling and posing, getting all the attention of the fangirls

-The first fan was a Jasper fan - it was so cute that he said "I love you" in Indonesian as fan service. 

-When Jasper says to the director/ producer "you are very kind" because he's giving them money again!!

-It was so cute when they named the car grand papa. It was a pretty cool retro looking car in yellow :love:

Ep 2 of 8

GAME IS GAME is going to be their iconic line isn't it? Hahaha! LSG living up to his heo-dang reputation here again! I am so not surprised that he was the one failing to spin the tops. I am also mad impressed at Jasper for being able to answer all the questions correctly!

The badminton game was pretty funny too. But I have to admit I was cringe-laughing hard at LSG's confidence and his methods to gain confidence from the crowd. Hahaha! Those fans were really lucky to be able to watch and be part of the show.

I am so glad it was Jasper's fan for this episode. I was feeling a little sad for him because the badminton crowd were mainly LSG fans and I thought it would be too unbalanced if the final fan was LSG's too. I hope the production team will continue to balance it as much as possible.

Jasper looked so excited at the Grandpapa car! I wonder if the production team might have known of it? I wonder how the speed of the car might come into play for Ep 3. I was surprised when they got the jeep in Yogya but it turned out pretty useful to drive to the cave. So maybe yellow Grandpapa will have some significance too?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Ep 2 of 8

GAME IS GAME is going to be their iconic line isn't it? Hahaha! 

Haha! It's repeated a lot throughout the series. Some other lines that I remember (based off translation) are:

• Trust Me, Trust You
  • Good Person (mainly to describe the PD when they are bargaining) :lol:
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

19 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Then paused. Wait for me. Hahaha. I still have 7 to go but RL interrupted me. 

Yes it is! But it feels so funny in the same time. I can tell how these two guys are also feeling it and try to cope their gap. Hahaha

I can't tell much for now as I have yet finished all the episodes. So I'll come back with tons of spazzing. Hahaha. So hope everyone are still around so I wpn't be too lonely here. Hahhaaha

aww don’t worry, come back when you finished and I’m always happy to discuss! I don’t want to spoil anyone so I won’t say much 

5 hours ago, JenL said:

@acuteaddict Haha, I laughed when you mentioned the brick houses in the UK. I remember it's charms - like I could totally picture Jasper and LSG visiting the cottswalds. Wish they would come to Australia (and visit me!). Yeah, I was wondering if it'd be awkward too at first, but I feel like both the boys have such a warmth, friendliness and laid back manner that they quickly overcame it all. Jasper is so sweet and pure...but I like that he's being quickly corrupted by LSG!! :joy: Indonesia does look pretty...I wanna visit those places in the show too.

omg I would love to see an Australia episode! I really hope they do a second season, it was so wholesome! Jasper is a really good student lool for his first variety show, he is was hilarious but still so sweet. I can’t believe they’re the same age, he feels so much younger than Seunggi 

I’ll share my favourite moments and last ep thoughts in a couple of days

off topic but guys how do I do the spoiler tag? I’m on mobile and navigating the forum can be difficult :( 

14 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Even when he eat alone, he managed to charmed the ederly couple. And the husband paid his satay in the end. OMG :joy:

Btw, the yoga with Jasper, SG already pro he learned from Little Forest with SoMin before lols @wallflowersforjane @JenL @im0202

Reveal hidden contents

Omg he basically had a mini fanmeet while jasper was gone, lol I love him 

I knew I’ve seen the yoga before!! I lowkey do think he looked so cute with Somin on little forest (sorry if it’s off topic)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/29/2020 at 9:24 AM, wallflowersforjane said:
On 6/29/2020 at 3:30 AM, c_gunawan541 said:

HAHAHAH! GAME IS GAME.

@wallflowersforjane Bwahahaha... they keep blaming the wind, ah these two careless brothers :Megalol:

One is teaching game is cruel and the other learning by two, play naughty to get their victory. :Megalol: what a good couple! 

Just done ep 2 last night. Played ep 3 but fell asleep. I sleep very early lately. Sigh... I have to work as well today so will continue watch it tonight. Just watch slowly! And we can spazz together. Hoho...

There's a lot spoilers here so I will re-read everyone's posts later. 

16 hours ago, acuteaddict said:

aww don’t worry, come back when you finished and I’m always happy to discuss! I don’t want to spoil anyone so I won’t say much 

I will. I'm not done yet! So I'll tag everyone back when I'm here. :lol:

22 hours ago, JenL said:

I'll still be here, I think!

Okie dokiee.... :approves:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Gosh, how is it possible for two guys to be so cute and funny together. When not speaking English, I loved how they earnestly did their best to bridge the language barrier by speaking and expressing themselves in each other's language. They both did pretty good. My favorite line that they repeated to each other in Mandarin was, "I believe in you. You believe in me". Made me smile each time. 8 episodes felt too short. I hope there will a season 2!

P.S. Their smiles totally sparkle on the screen. And, Jasper's dimples be like this to me :biubiu:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just finished the last episode. I want more!!!:cries:

It was so refreshing to watch celebs try to meet their fans. I feel a bit jealous but also happy for the girls who got to meet their idol. It was so nice that they all got to gather and meet again at the end, kind of like a private fan-meeting. 

Biggest laugh in Ep 8 was during the last mission when they were trying to get the dishes in the right order and during their last try (which was wrong), LSG managed to find a loophole and got another chance while Jasper was just in awe at LSG :D He still got lots to learn!

I'm going to miss this pair of Heodang brothers. Cross our fingers for Season 2!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Everyone is watching faster and I'm enjoying each episode at the very low speed. 2 eps max per night. So yes I'm done ep 4 last night. It's so touching seeing how these two guys are working hard to do all the missions despite of the mischievous or carelessness they stumble. 

WbvvBnH0aSJx2GBimtRBi16h8kTtXziVwICLS-nG

I still have 4 eps to go and by the end of this later I hope we're going to hear a news that Netflix will make a season 2 in 2021. And don't change the cast! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Everyone is watching faster and I'm enjoying each episode at the very low speed. 2 eps max per night.

Lol girl, I am one episode every few days! I will probably be the last one at this rate. I really need to speed up because LSG's other show is approaching soon!

1 hour ago, endeavor said:

Since the show was in the top 10 for 5+ countries, Jasper fulfilled his promise. Instagram post cannot be embedded here so, here's the link to his video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCEAMhAAWYz/?igshid=qjofli5ze7jl

Awwww cute! And he got his fisherman hat on again! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Lol girl, I am one episode every few days! I will probably be the last one at this rate. I really need to speed up because LSG's other show is approaching soon!

It's what I think. Were expecting for his Busted! in November right! Palli... palli... 

Which episodes are you at? 

• LOL 1