[Variety 2020] Twogether (Netflix) 26 June 2PM KST Premiere!

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Watch slowly! I watched ep 2 last night but fell asleep because of fatigue after a long day activity. So where are you at now? Maybe on the afternoon later I can resume ep 2.

I just finished Ep 2 last night! Real life calls now so I will be back later with more thoughts about it.

But in summary, this: 

5 hours ago, c_gunawan541 said:

Also the phrase "GAME IS GAME! GAME IS CRUEL" is still stuck in my head, lols!!!

HAHAHAH! GAME IS GAME.

@The.Lannister @c_gunawan541 Thank you for the spoiler-free reviews! I am looking forward! 

Have a nice day everyone, see you around later! 

:gangnamstyle:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Watch slowly! I watched ep 2 last night but fell asleep because of fatigue after a long day activity. So where are you at now? Maybe on the afternoon later I can resume ep 2.

I just finished Ep 2 last night! Real life calls now so I will be back later with more thoughts about it.

But in summary, this: 

5 hours ago, c_gunawan541 said:

Also the phrase "GAME IS GAME! GAME IS CRUEL" is still stuck in my head, lols!!!

HAHAHAH! GAME IS GAME.

@The.Lannister @c_gunawan541 Thank you for the spoiler-free reviews! I am looking forward! 

Have a nice day everyone, see you around later! 

:gangnamstyle:

• Like 1

Finished till ep 5 and oh my goodness when they did the water bicycle it was just :lol:

When Seung-Gi kept disappearing into the water :loolz:

And poor Jasper learning the cruel reality of competitions on variety shows. LSG is too experienced lol. Left with 3more eps after this one! Why am I feeling sad already?

• LOL 2

Hahaha, wow everyone is so quick! Like @wallflowersforjane I've only finished episode 2, partly from choice and partly because it's a busy time of year for me. Haven't seen the yoga part yet @Lawyerh but totally can imagine them turning the bromance up high @Alice Wonderland I'll still be here, I think!

@c_gunawan541 Totally agree pacing is very good and the language barrier isn't a big deal as the chemistry is spot on. Sometimes it even added to the humour like when LSG tries to fool Jasper or Jasper accidentally starts speaking Chinese to LSG! Yeah shame about covid. Would love a second season!

@acuteaddict Haha, I laughed when you mentioned the brick houses in the UK. I remember it's charms - like I could totally picture Jasper and LSG visiting the cottswalds. Wish they would come to Australia (and visit me!). Yeah, I was wondering if it'd be awkward too at first, but I feel like both the boys have such a warmth, friendliness and laid back manner that they quickly overcame it all. Jasper is so sweet and pure...but I like that he's being quickly corrupted by LSG!! :joy: Indonesia does look pretty...I wanna visit those places in the show too.

Episode 2 High lights & thoughts (contains spoilers so read at own risk if you haven't seen yet)

-Wow Jasper had to do a lot of running at that temple! And the spinning tops looked tricky for LSG. Variety shows actually look like a lot of physical work for everyone involved!

-Haha, aside from "Game is game" I laughed so much when they discovered the older guy was actually ok at badminton and LSG says they picked the wrong person and that the guy should be playing for the national team! (And then they illustrated him with flames to show his fighting spirit. A bit of an exaggeration, I'm sure :joy:)

-Jasper distracting the opposite team as "game is cruel" as you gotta do all the things in your power to winnnn. Also him falling and posing, getting all the attention of the fangirls

-The first fan was a Jasper fan - it was so cute that he said "I love you" in Indonesian as fan service. 

-When Jasper says to the director/ producer "you are very kind" because he's giving them money again!!

-It was so cute when they named the car grand papa. It was a pretty cool retro looking car in yellow :love:

Ep 2 of 8

GAME IS GAME is going to be their iconic line isn't it? Hahaha! LSG living up to his heo-dang reputation here again! I am so not surprised that he was the one failing to spin the tops. I am also mad impressed at Jasper for being able to answer all the questions correctly!

The badminton game was pretty funny too. But I have to admit I was cringe-laughing hard at LSG's confidence and his methods to gain confidence from the crowd. Hahaha! Those fans were really lucky to be able to watch and be part of the show.

I am so glad it was Jasper's fan for this episode. I was feeling a little sad for him because the badminton crowd were mainly LSG fans and I thought it would be too unbalanced if the final fan was LSG's too. I hope the production team will continue to balance it as much as possible.

Jasper looked so excited at the Grandpapa car! I wonder if the production team might have known of it? I wonder how the speed of the car might come into play for Ep 3. I was surprised when they got the jeep in Yogya but it turned out pretty useful to drive to the cave. So maybe yellow Grandpapa will have some significance too?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Then paused. Wait for me. Hahaha. I still have 7 to go but RL interrupted me. 

Yes it is! But it feels so funny in the same time. I can tell how these two guys are also feeling it and try to cope their gap. Hahaha

I can't tell much for now as I have yet finished all the episodes. So I'll come back with tons of spazzing. Hahaha. So hope everyone are still around so I wpn't be too lonely here. Hahhaaha

aww don’t worry, come back when you finished and I’m always happy to discuss! I don’t want to spoil anyone so I won’t say much 

5 hours ago, JenL said:

@acuteaddict Haha, I laughed when you mentioned the brick houses in the UK. I remember it's charms - like I could totally picture Jasper and LSG visiting the cottswalds. Wish they would come to Australia (and visit me!). Yeah, I was wondering if it'd be awkward too at first, but I feel like both the boys have such a warmth, friendliness and laid back manner that they quickly overcame it all. Jasper is so sweet and pure...but I like that he's being quickly corrupted by LSG!! :joy: Indonesia does look pretty...I wanna visit those places in the show too.

omg I would love to see an Australia episode! I really hope they do a second season, it was so wholesome! Jasper is a really good student lool for his first variety show, he is was hilarious but still so sweet. I can’t believe they’re the same age, he feels so much younger than Seunggi 

I’ll share my favourite moments and last ep thoughts in a couple of days

off topic but guys how do I do the spoiler tag? I’m on mobile and navigating the forum can be difficult :( 

14 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Even when he eat alone, he managed to charmed the ederly couple. And the husband paid his satay in the end. OMG :joy:

Btw, the yoga with Jasper, SG already pro he learned from Little Forest with SoMin before lols @wallflowersforjane @JenL @im0202

Reveal hidden contents

Omg he basically had a mini fanmeet while jasper was gone, lol I love him 

I knew I’ve seen the yoga before!! I lowkey do think he looked so cute with Somin on little forest (sorry if it’s off topic)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/29/2020 at 9:24 AM, wallflowersforjane said:
On 6/29/2020 at 3:30 AM, c_gunawan541 said:

HAHAHAH! GAME IS GAME.

@wallflowersforjane Bwahahaha... they keep blaming the wind, ah these two careless brothers :Megalol:

One is teaching game is cruel and the other learning by two, play naughty to get their victory. :Megalol: what a good couple! 

Just done ep 2 last night. Played ep 3 but fell asleep. I sleep very early lately. Sigh... I have to work as well today so will continue watch it tonight. Just watch slowly! And we can spazz together. Hoho...

There's a lot spoilers here so I will re-read everyone's posts later. 

16 hours ago, acuteaddict said:

aww don’t worry, come back when you finished and I’m always happy to discuss! I don’t want to spoil anyone so I won’t say much 

I will. I'm not done yet! So I'll tag everyone back when I'm here. :lol:

22 hours ago, JenL said:

I'll still be here, I think!

Okie dokiee.... :approves:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Gosh, how is it possible for two guys to be so cute and funny together. When not speaking English, I loved how they earnestly did their best to bridge the language barrier by speaking and expressing themselves in each other's language. They both did pretty good. My favorite line that they repeated to each other in Mandarin was, "I believe in you. You believe in me". Made me smile each time. 8 episodes felt too short. I hope there will a season 2!

P.S. Their smiles totally sparkle on the screen. And, Jasper's dimples be like this to me :biubiu:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just finished the last episode. I want more!!!:cries:

It was so refreshing to watch celebs try to meet their fans. I feel a bit jealous but also happy for the girls who got to meet their idol. It was so nice that they all got to gather and meet again at the end, kind of like a private fan-meeting. 

Biggest laugh in Ep 8 was during the last mission when they were trying to get the dishes in the right order and during their last try (which was wrong), LSG managed to find a loophole and got another chance while Jasper was just in awe at LSG :D He still got lots to learn!

I'm going to miss this pair of Heodang brothers. Cross our fingers for Season 2!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Everyone is watching faster and I'm enjoying each episode at the very low speed. 2 eps max per night. So yes I'm done ep 4 last night. It's so touching seeing how these two guys are working hard to do all the missions despite of the mischievous or carelessness they stumble. 

WbvvBnH0aSJx2GBimtRBi16h8kTtXziVwICLS-nG

I still have 4 eps to go and by the end of this later I hope we're going to hear a news that Netflix will make a season 2 in 2021. And don't change the cast! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Everyone is watching faster and I'm enjoying each episode at the very low speed. 2 eps max per night.

Lol girl, I am one episode every few days! I will probably be the last one at this rate. I really need to speed up because LSG's other show is approaching soon!

1 hour ago, endeavor said:

Since the show was in the top 10 for 5+ countries, Jasper fulfilled his promise. Instagram post cannot be embedded here so, here's the link to his video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCEAMhAAWYz/?igshid=qjofli5ze7jl

Awwww cute! And he got his fisherman hat on again! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Lol girl, I am one episode every few days! I will probably be the last one at this rate. I really need to speed up because LSG's other show is approaching soon!

It's what I think. Were expecting for his Busted! in November right! Palli... palli... 

Which episodes are you at? 

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, endeavor said:

Since the show was in the top 10 for 5+ countries, Jasper fulfilled his promise. Instagram post cannot be embedded here so, here's the link to his video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCEAMhAAWYz/?igshid=qjofli5ze7jl

And LSG has posted in response too!:wub:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCFv8CSHqgu/?igshid=t6bi8us40dbr

U6QGqq5.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Work has been hectic, so still watching episodes slowly and catching up, but nice to hear all your opinions!! Haha, don't worry @wallflowersforjane I've only finished episode 2...Trying not to watch the show when super tired and fall asleep! I liked your commentary, so look forward to reading your posts since you're almost watching with the same speed as me!

@acuteaddict Yes! Loving how wholesome this show is! Jasper has such a cute young side - I think his baby face also gives that impression too.

20 hours ago, im0202 said:

I feel a bit jealous but also happy for the girls who got to meet their idol. It was so nice that they all got to gather and meet again at the end, kind of like a private fan-meeting. 

@im0202 Haha, I know how you feel! It's cute to see fans get so excited and even though I've met Jasper a number of times and have done all the signing/photo stuff before,  I still feel a tiny bit jelly coz these fans get a private fan meet experience, which is such a special treat! But they deserve it for suggesting such cool travel places and making those maps!

I put the Jasper Insta video on Youtube so I could put it in the Forum since it's a cute one:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just done ep 6. It's such an amazing episode! I keep saying since ep 1. And it's even getting better each episodes. I got some teary eyes when the fan sincerely expressed how she feels about him. Aw... so touching! 

It's ended quite bittersweet with the other one got dragged by two grim reaper and send him back to airport. :Megalol: aww.. that acrylic handmade picture is going to waste?? It looks good with his hand mark in it. Ahh... 

Also each episode never fail to make me laugh, each episodes give the best comedy ever! That pants ripped off accident and waterbike drowning are just so hilarious. Oh goshh :Megalol:

• LOL 2

Just done the whole episodes! It's really so extraordinary twogether! I couldn't find any better word than this anymore. 

I'm going to rant pretty long but I know many of you haven't finished so I'm not going to spoill all of you. This show is marvelous! I want more!!! Netflix give us season 2!!! Jebal yo... putakhaeyoo!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, don't worry @wallflowersforjane I've only finished episode 2...Trying not to watch the show when super tired and fall asleep! I liked your commentary, so look forward to reading your posts since you're almost watching with the same speed as me!

Yay! I also don't want the thread to die so soon. Hopefully others will see it and be interested to watch or join us to chat! :D

@Alice Wonderland Don't worry, share away!

• Like 2

I have two more episodes to watch.  I love it.  LSG and Jasper match perfectly.  I love that they try to learn each other's language.  I'd like to see more episodes and travelling to different countries.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Jasper Liu Shares Fond Memories Of His First Reality Show ‘Twogether’

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2020/07/01/jasper-liu-shares-fond-memories-of-his-first-reality-show-twogether/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Adventures can bring you closer together and that’s just what happened to Taiwanese actor and musician Jasper Liu and Korean actor, singer and reality show veteran Lee Seung-gi while filming the series Twogether. The duo traveled to six Asian cities, Yogyakarta and Bali in Indonesia, Bangkok and Chiang Mai in Thailand, and Pokhara and Kathmandu in Nepal, completing missions that led them to the fans who recommended the locations. Having engaged in both cooperative and competitive challenges during the series, the actors now share memories of some extraordinary adventures

Liu is known throughout Asia for his roles in films such as More Than Blue and Take Me to the Moon, as well as the TV dramas Before We Get Married and Triad Princess. Known as “The Face of Asia”  Liu is not camera shy, but appearing on his first reality show was a different experience. 

“First of all, there are cameras recording you at all times, anywhere, as they want to capture the very real side of you,” said Liu. “It’s only one shot, there is no re-taping. They want to capture the first reaction at the moment. There’s no script for this reality show. Or maybe the director’s team might have the script in their mind and hope we would follow their lead. Yet, during the shooting of the show, we have no clue what’s going to happen next, therefore, our reactions are the most direct and real.”

Not only did cameras record the duo 24-hours-a-day, during both mundane moments and struggles to accomplish seemingly impossible missions, Liu and Lee had to overcome a language barrier. Both actors could speak a little of each other’s language, but their communication often relied on English phrases and a flurry of gesticulation. 

“Though my partner, Seung-gi and the entire production crew are Korean, we both tried our best to learn each other’s languages,” said Liu. “Gradually we built up a good team spirit and chemistry. We took care of each other, took up all the challenges and accomplished all the missions in order to meet our fans at home. Those are very precious and unique experiences.”

Meeting his fans was Liu’s favorite part of making the series.

“I love the moment when we meet our fans,” said Liu. “They know about me through my film and TV drama work. Because of this show, I got to learn about their cultures and try their local  cuisines. It’s a touching experience for me to interact with our fans in this way.”

Series director Cho Hyo-jin also found those meetings to be a very moving part of a fun production.

“The fans didn’t know at all that they would be welcoming Seung-gi and Jasper to their homes,” said Cho. “So, very often they were very emotional upon meeting the two of them, which moved Seung-gi and Jasper as well.”

Actor, model and musician Jasper Liu has been called 'The Face of Asia.'

Although Liu was familiar with Lee’s films, dramas and variety show appearances, the two had not met before agreeing to co-star. 

“I thought we would just get to know each other before the shooting started,” said Liu. “Yet, when I arrived in Seoul, I found out we had to accomplish several missions in order to meet each other. There were missions lined up at various locations and we had to accomplish them. Then, finally, we got to meet each other for the very first time. We were both so very touched when we finally met that we gave each other a big warm hug. Our first meeting was very special.”

Cho had observed Lee’s intuitive skills when working with him on the variety show, Running Man. He thought Lee’s experience and Liu’s easygoing personality were a good fit.

“Jasper is a very famous actor in Asia, but he didn’t have a lot of experience with variety shows before Twogether,” said Cho. “The first meeting with Jasper wasn’t anything too serious, but I had a very good first impression of him. I found his smile very charming, which I thought resembled Seung-gi’s. I was also impressed by the fact that Jasper was willing to admit that he is inexperienced in doing variety shows and was eager to learn and work with us.”

Cho enjoyed watching the actors’ friendship deepen as their journey continued. 

“They don’t speak the same language, and they were awkward around each other at the beginning, but Seung-gi’s friendly energy and Jasper’s adaptability really brought them closer to each other as the trip continued, and you’ll see how they develop better understanding of each other as the show progresses.”

Throughout the series, the traveling companions engage in challenging missions, mastering activities such as paragliding, harpoon fishing, axe throwing and exploring a vertical cave, learning to endearingly and hilariously rely on each other to accomplish goals.

Twogether took me to places and activities that I’d been dreaming of, yet never had a chance to do before,” said Liu. “For instance, places like Jomblang Cave, where we got to see Heaven’s Light, and paragliding. Because of the trip with Twogether, I got to enjoy those fun experiences.”

The nature of travel has changed dramatically since Twogether was filmed. Liu hopes the show’s viewers will enjoy his travels vicariously now that so many are limited by COVID-19 travel restrictions.

“Even for me, when I watch the show, I am brought back to the moments of our travels,” said Liu. “It makes me want to watch it again and again. By watching Twogether, the audiences can learn about different cultures, cuisines, the beautiful scenery. Friendship is beyond the language barrier. And I hope through this show, the audience can feel the fun, the laughter and the warmth we want to convey.”

Liu had so much fun that he hopes one day to reunite with Lee for a second season of Twogether. Meanwhile, viewers can catch him in two upcoming TV dramas Twelve Legends, and Use For My Talent, both of which are scheduled to air at the end of 2020.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1