[Variety 2020] Twogether (Netflix) 26 June 2PM KST Premiere!

@Lawyerh Thanks for linking me to Little Forrest. I'm going to check it out soon! (We have tighter restrictions for covid again where I live, so nice to have things to look up!)

@wallflowersforjane Haha, Thanks for letting us Jasper fans gush over him here! That's all good - I feel like I've already learned some stuff about LSG from you already. It'll be fun to know more about him. I totally agree about dramas being pleasant - I prefer fun and warm dramas rather than intensely stressful ones. I wasn't a huge fan of Before we get married for the intense drama and cheating stress, but I was a big fan of Jasper and the lead actress Puff from their previous fluffy drama (Pleasantly Surprised), so watched it out of love for them! 

@c_gunawan541 Hello! Long time no see on Soompi! Glad there's another big Jasper fan here. I've only been casually blogging but quarantine has brought me back to it all, haha. It'll be nice to chat about Twogether together.

• LOL 1

By the way, the video fan meet has been promoted by Jasper. He also released a whole bunch of new stills for Twogether!

You can see the rest on blog: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/06/jasper-liu-himself-drops-some-pretty.html or Jasper's Facebook page

8CScbbO.jpg

O0Bsgh1.jpg

Fan meet on the 23rd is here and you can submit a question on The Swoon to see if you're selected to participate: 

• Love 1

@JenL @c_gunawan541 Haha, I guess since it's before the show starts, it's okay to share and learn more about each half of the duo? I am totally unqualified to share about LSG though.

Spoiler

Since it's OT to this thread but I can't find a specific drama thread for My Goddess, I will put it in spoilers here. I am up to Ep 6 of My Goddess and I am enjoying it as a low-key, low-stress watch! Jasper is very good-looking and his smile is :wub:! I get the same vibe from him as LSG, so kudos to whichever producer who decided to pair them up!

• Like 1

@Lawyerh Anyeong fellow WG chingu :kiss_wink: I swear I see us wintergardeners in every topic that I clicked so far haha

I'm down to spazz about Jasper allll day!!! He's soooo sexy and handsome and charming in Before We Got Married that I started binging his other dramas. His smile though.... oh mannnn :wub: Can't wait to see his real-life personality!!!

I saw on the first page that Jasper's IG has a pic posted of him, Seung Gi, AND Yoo Yeon Seok!! Does that mean Yoo Yeon Seok  is gonna join as a guest or something??? Please let it be true!!!! :w00t:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Lawyerh Ooops, for some reason Soompi posts are lagging on the laptop I've been working on! So didn't end up seeing any of your posts and just posted the same things. Hahaha! Oh well, at least you know I'm excited about it since I'm double posting the news!!

• LOL 1

@Lawyerh Hahahaha. He has also said jokingly before that sometimes he wears nothing to sleep. I'm sure I posted the video on my blog before, but I can't remember where! :joy: Are you waiting for the fan meet at the moment? 

@wallflowersforjane Thanks for your kind words! Haha, the blog is basically me fangirling and storing all the things I'm fangirling over, but sharing with other fans since I know they probably want to see the same things I see

• Love 1

A cute screenshot from the fan meet. It was so cute and loved watching them interact - the bromance was lovely!

I feel maybe @c_gunawan541 will feel this way too - I wish Netflix/ The Swoon/ Naver or whoever selected the fans who asked the questions had done it in a way that was a bit more even. I felt like they accidentally picked from a pool of strongly LSG fans and there wasn't as much fan interaction with Jasper even though he has a large pool of hardcore Asian and international fans!  (I thought it was just me, but I did notice other people in the chat were also surprised about the selection - and there was a lot of virtual love pouring out in the comments for Jasper.) Haha, I'm not a big webcam person. but it made me wish I could have done a question just to show some Jasper fandom.

But I loved how charming they both were. LSG was so sweet to make sure his answers were inclusive and conversational - he has such an easy and carefree way of speaking. Jasper was super gracious and his interactions were so cute and bashful when asked to do fan service. Haha, I like that he made LSG do virtual fan service, but then it bounced back to him. He's always so pretty, too.

Fp1nP63.png

• Like 1

@Lawyerh Hahahaha yes, he's known as Broccoli head in Taiwan because early in his career he had curly hair - he still gets fans sending him broccoli soft toys! And he's been known as the ultimate Taiwanese boyfriend for some time now because he seems very warm and friendly and fun. Like the perfect date!

• Insightful 1

@JenL I ranted about the production team's selection on twitter already, lols.

I know several of Jasper fans who got selected to be in the chatroom but had no chance to ask him question and I saw some holding Jasper's name on the small windows, but the production team did not have a backup plan to of what will happen if one gets disconnected, poor Singapore fan, also not even-ing out the selection of fans, making it awkward for Jasper and MC had to conclude and wrap up, cleaning up their mess. It was like a mini Seunggi fanmeeting, rather than a fanmeeting for the two. I thought it was unfair to Jasper's fans and a bit disrespectful (I've nothing against LSG, he's nice, just ranting about the production team's planning). 

The translator in press conference yesterday morning was also better in Korean so her Chinese translation is only 50%, a summary to Jasper, she lost a lot of the nuances and meaning while translating to Jasper. But the translator in fanmeeting was much better. I guess there's hits and miss of the whole event.

The miss of the fanmeeting was really annoying though. Eye rolls. Several Jasper fans have already ranted their annoyance on twitter and instagram. 

All in all, I love the interactions between the two big boys, they're fun people but I wish the production team could put more care towards the fanmeeting fans selection. I heard that only 6 fans were chosen to the final question time, however only 4 was shown, 5th was disconnected and the 6th had no time left for her/him. There was no "rehearsals" for the fans too so they waited in a chatroom for an hour doing nothing... This is the story I heard from one of airen I know that got selected in the final 6. Each fan has prepared 2 questions to ask them, 1 for Seunggi and 1 for Jasper but they only allowed for 1 question in the fanmeeting due to time constraints I think, thus the awkwardness.

Okay, end of my rant.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

A article from the press conference.

Showrunner Ko Min-seok says that casting Lee was "a no-brainer" due to his experience in variety programmes. But the team, he added, found a hidden gem in casting Liu, a perfect partner for Lee. Mr Ko says: "We loved his bright, positive energy and he has a smile that resembles Seung-gi so much. We thought they'd have great synergy."

I was just thinking this of Jasper's smile as I was watching My Goddess! Having two of these smiles around is just extra contagious!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

From wikipedia it seems said 6 parts dropped all at 26 June.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twogether_(TV_program)

If it's interesting, I might eat it on one go lols. Actually Nepal sounds like the most foreign country to me. The rest, well kind of know the culture. I miss LSG laugh, so addictive lols... 

Oh no, all at one go! I was hoping it would be once a week to space out the goodness!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

As reported by news site, it's gonna be 8 episodes, all released at one go.

Usually Netflix do this for their originals unless the show is concurrently airing on TV stations, then it's another story.

2 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

From wikipedia it seems said 6 parts dropped all at 26 June.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twogether_(TV_program)

If it's interesting, I might eat it on one go lols. Actually Nepal sounds like the most foreign country to me. The rest, well kind of know the culture. I miss LSG laugh, so addictive lols... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, c_gunawan541 said:

As reported by news site, it's gonna be 8 episodes, all released at one go.

Usually Netflix do this for their originals unless the show is concurrently airing on TV stations, then it's another story.

I guess we know what our weekend plans will be now.

:loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1