[Variety 2020] Twogether (Netflix) 26 June 2PM KST Premiere!

Caught the first 2 episodes. So far I’m enjoying the show! The two of them work well together. 
LSG is really teaching Jasper Liu the right (wrong? Lol) way to survive on a variety show:D

I cringe when they try to communicate in English lol so funny but cute. 

I’m so amused because they automatically mix the languages together when they speak to each other.

Spoiler

Laughed the most during the temple tour when LSG was depending on Jasper to translate what the guide was saying since she only spoke Mandarin, but Jasper was just repeating the words in Mandarin again :joy:

“Rara? Who is this Rara” :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@c_gunawan541 Haha Thanks for your rant! It's good to know the backstory in more detail too. While I enjoyed the fan meet for the sole reason of seeing the boys, I was annoyed at the actual fan meeting part I guess. Fans are totally allowed to have a favourite of the two, but it was those organising the meet who should have made sure everything worked and everything was evenly distributed. Like I think they should have factored in how long it would take to translate everything into 3 languages, so it would probably go over time. And they should have made fans ask only one question. So when you entered the competition (typed out your one question) you should pick whether it's for Seung gi or Jasper (and they should make it clear that you only interact with 1 star). That way they would be able to tell who was a Seung gi fan and who was a Jasper fan and pick 2-3 fans for each person. 

@Lawyerh @wallflowersforjane Have you both watched any episodes yet? Are you watching in one go or spreading out the goodness? Haha I totally agree that it'd be better to release weekly, but I guess it's netflix and they tend to do season drops for their shows. I'm going to be watching 1 episode per day as it's been kind of busy at work and I like to enjoy things slowly. I watched episode 1 and really enjoyed it for my first variety show - LSG is so charismatic, might go catch up on his projects now! Not sure who has watched, so put my opinion on ep 1 below in response to im0202

@im0202 I've only seen first ep so far as I'm watching slowly, but I like LSG's joke about fooling Jasper that the money was for a donation for world peace rather than coffee. Haha, loving all the English they use to communicate - it's funny to see that even between Asians, English is the common lingua franca. I'm also impressed at how much they can convey through mixing the 3 languages, and also having deeper conversations in English which I guess I wasn't expecting in the first episode. Jasper is so cute with his fisherman hat and I also like when he shared about how he got to his career and whether or not he wants to marry - nice to see some of these conversations and bromance bonding!

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

@JenL I am halfway through Ep 1 currently, I will likely spread it out to savour the goodness! It's only been 30 minutes but I just find myself smiling so hard and going "they are so cute!" Be back with more when I am done!

Savouring the goodness is the best way to enjoy it all!  Since you've seen the first half - it was so cute when they first met at the airport - I love that Jasper made him a sign in English, haha! Jasper is such a sweetheart to his fans too - I wish I could turn around at the airport and see him behind me in a queue :love:

On another note, the places the fans picked for them to travel to are amazing! I want to go there if I can go to Indonesia one day. Have you been before?

• Love 1

I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. The cave is beautiful and such a natural wonder! Good suggestion on the fan's part! I can't wait to see the other places that they visit. Both of them seem good-natured and easy-going and I think that really boosted their chemistry despite the language barrier. It was cute how excited and clueless they both were at the beginning and how they couldn't believe they had fans in Yogya! I was also super amused how LSG has an immediate distrust of the production team. He has been burned too many times! :D

17 hours ago, im0202 said:

I cringe when they try to communicate in English lol so funny but cute.

I thought it was cute too! Also quite challenging for my brain as they keep switching between languages. Feels like I am learning though since they are simplifying their Korean and Mandarin. B)

I was surprised that they were given so much money at first. Typically I budget much less than 100,000 won for an SEA country but after seeing how much deductions / purchases they had to make, no wonder! The world peace donation part was so funny! And when LSG immediately thought the amount of money could be exchanged for information.

I am pretty impressed that both of them drove here! Especially switching to right hand drive when KR/TW is left hand drive.

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Jasper is so cute with his fisherman hat

I am liking Jasper's style! I laughed so hard when I saw LSG's fluorescent yellow hat (esp when turned backwards) and his flashy shirt. But then it was funny how it reversed for their sleep clothes. LOL!

@JenL I have been to Yogya before! I felt so emotional in the first few minutes of the show as they were arriving at the airport because I miss travelling so much! I hope for future episodes, they will show more about the local cuisine too

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@wallflowersforjane I know right?! Those caves in episode 1 were amazing!! Also great locations for game like challenges. I hope the other locations will be just as magical. Hahaha, their reactions to knowing about their exotic foreign fans were so cute. The part with the money distribution was pretty fun - The boys were travelling in a carefree way and then each of their more touristy choices cost them!  

Haha, Jasper's fisherman hat is signature. I did laugh hard when they pointed out Jasper's silk pjs compared to LSG's casual sleepwear. Loving their chemistry as travellers. LSG is pretty cheeky! they're both pretty chill and carefree with good humour. 

It's so lucky that you've been to Yogya before. I always wanted to go to Indonesia as it's one of the  few countries in Asia I haven't been yet, but didn't get the chance before covid. I really really miss travelling heaps! But the good thing about this show is that I feel like I can make a list of places to potentially visit one day...so the tourism marketing is working on me, ahaha.

Got caught up in another series yesterday, but thinking of watching another episode of Twogether tonight =)

@Lawyerh Thanks for the translations of the theme song! Have you watched many episodes yet? I've still got Little Forrest on my list. Does it say where I can watch it on the thread?

@endeavor Wow, good job, that was quick! Looking forward to this Chang Mai episode. Totally agree about their chemistry. I feel like if it wasn't for covid, the show would be a shoe in for a second season of games and travel between the two. But I guess we'll have to see now.

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, JenL said:

Haha, Jasper's fisherman hat is signature.

Ohhh! So he wears it pretty often?

37 minutes ago, JenL said:

It's so lucky that you've been to Yogya before. I always wanted to go to Indonesia as it's one of the  few countries in Asia I haven't been yet, but didn't get the chance before covid. I really really miss travelling heaps! But the good thing about this show is that I feel like I can make a list of places to potentially visit one day...so the tourism marketing is working on me, ahaha.

It's pretty near for me. :) I am looking forward to the other places they will go to increase my bucket list. Haven't been to Chiang Mai for instance. I will watch another episode today too! By the way, I am down to the last 2 episodes of My Goddess!

@endeavor Wow! You are done already, that's impressive! Can't wait to catch up to you!

Gosh, I hope they do S2, when travel is allowed again, and just explore more places together. Its such a great opportunity for them to travel, relax, boost tourism and their reputations at the same time!

• Like 1

Just finished Episode 4 (Bangkok). I think this might be my favourite one so far.

When they had to play the games with foreigners for food it was so entertaining:D

But best part was the axe-throwing. Totally wasn’t expecting this to happen: :joy:

Spoiler

ibc1FrP.jpg

v1FcB32.gif

Can see that Jasper and LSG are getting closer and less awkward. The theme song is growing on me after this episode! 
Like @JenL and @endeavor have mentioned, I’m hoping for a season 2! Had to force myself to pause after ep 4 because I’m only left with 4 eps to the end.

• Love 1

Wow. Here! 

Wait. I've been here before but forgot to came back. Hahaha

So are you all still watching?? I'm just done ep 1. So late yes. Hahaha. But this is so gpod! I can't stop laughing at both guys. Language barrier doesn't stop them from being a good team! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

So are you all still watching?? I'm just done ep 1. So late yes. Hahaha. But this is so gpod! I can't stop laughing at both guys. Language barrier doesn't stop them from being a good team! 

Yep, we are, only @endeavor has finished so far!

I am in the middle of Ep 2 right now! It's such a happy show, I am trying to stretch it out as much as I can. :sparklyeyes:

• Like 1

Hahahaha have you guys seen these challenges the boys will do if the views for Twogether are high enough??

eamdXLO.png

oWmUjrF.jpg

Also Jasper has this cute one! Not sure if there's LSG version though:

zV9Os6Q.jpg

• Awesome 3

I have just finished watching Twogether. This is my first Korean variety show & I decided to watch it just for LSG! :relaxed: and ofc because it involved traveling. Travel + handsome men = whats not to like!!!

SPOILERS AHEAD!! (Sorry I dont know how to hide the spoilers so just posting a warning here. I will edit post if someone helps me with the spoiler tag:) )

I have never laughed so much in quite some time now:lol: Both LSG and Jasper came across as very warm & genuine people with LSG almost behaving like an older brother to Jasper sometimes (except when they were competing against one another ofc!:lol:) The way LSG tricked poor Jasper at every turn when they were competing against one another had me cackling :lol: Jasper was a good sport all the time. Jasper is so so innocent while LSG is clearly very street smart & resourceful. I mean he managed to befriend a fan's granny in 10min!!! And also got a man to just handover his boat to him:D He is exactly the sort of company anyone would love to have while traveling. Cheerful, energetic, smart:wub: I also loved how respectful they were of all the different cultures & behaved like decent educated men. And a big thanks to the makers of this show for not being involved in poverty tourism which is unfortunately so common when people film shows in Asia or Africa but instead highlighting the best parts of every country. Some of the shots of Bali & Yogyakarta were breathtaking. 

I would love to watch more seasons of this show. New pairs & new countries :star:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I actually finished the whole show on the first day, LOLS.

It's now my 2nd rewatch to see some more details.

It exceeded my expectations, I was thinking when the show was first announced that it might be an awkward show with the language barrier but they're both so friendly and their "limited" way of communicating, mix in with basic English and body language just add a lot of cuteness!!!!! Pacing is on spot, it's so easy to digest and gobble at one go. 

Jasper even though is a noob in variety, he's a fast learner and is super good with outdoor sports, water sports in particular, while Seunggi is better with those in high air. So I saw a c-netizen comment saying Jasper shouldnt go up (height games) and Seunggi shouldn't go down (water), lols You'll understand better once you watched all episodes. Jasper seldom go on variety shows but he's super cute and humorous in those he guest and in interviews, he got the "sense".

Seunggi grown after 2D1N when he used to be the one getting fooled, now he's the one in charge of fooling, lols!

Also the phrase "GAME IS GAME! GAME IS CRUEL" is still stuck in my head, lols!!!

It already hit top #10 in 8 regions

Malaysia, Taiwan, Hongkong, Korea, Phillipines, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore

We'll get to see Seunggi in silk pyjama and Jasper's 5 selfie shots with hearts.

Season 2 Let's GO!!! It sounds like there'll be season 2 judging from how Jasper and Seunggi communicate during Naver Now live broadcast and also PD Go's instagram post talking about the success of season 1 and mentioning season 2!! PLEASE DO SO!! If not for covid-19, I feel filming for season should happen this year, sigh.

Also to answer question on Jasper's fisherman hat, I made a compilation thread on twitter, haha!

Spoilers on Jasper's part mostly:

Jasper's diving part wowed me!!! He seems pretty professional, it's hard to dive without the tank and for so long, he's able to hold his breath under water. WOW! I thought that part, he's super cool.

Also towards the end when he becomes suspicious of Seunggi fooling him all the time, hahahaha! Seunggi's image in his mind is "DON'T LIE TO ME", So funny.

He's so squishy and soft. I mean even though Jasper is older but he really looks like a dongsaeng and him calling Seunggi oppa is just too funny. This is somehow like a honeymoon trip between the two, hahahaha!

I mean I know he always have been quite the artist as he majored in visual communication, but I'm amazed by his creativity when he used his hands to paint. I thought he's so sweet.

Chiang Mai episode is the best!! I would like to see more of the "rivalry games" in 2nd season, I think Jasper might be able to hit back to his teacher Seunggi, although he'll probably still lose due to his innocent nature.

Spoiler GIFS - Major spoilers alert!!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Yep, we are, only @endeavor has finished so far!

I am in the middle of Ep 2 right now! It's such a happy show, I am trying to stretch it out as much as I can. :sparklyeyes:

Watch slowly! I watched ep 2 last night but fell asleep because of fatigue after a long day activity. So where are you at now? Maybe on the afternoon later I can resume ep 2.

Yes it's so fun! And these two oppas give you such a happy energy through their journey as if feels like we're going along with them in real.

2 hours ago, c_gunawan541 said:

Season 2 Let's GO!!! It sounds like there'll be season 2 judging from how Jasper and Seunggi communicate during Naver Now live broadcast and also PD Go's instagram post talking about the success of season 1 and mentioning season 2!! PLEASE DO SO!! If not for covid-19, I feel filming for season should happen this year, sigh.

I like S2. But regarding to the current situation pandemic I think it'll be pushed back for future plan. Safety comes first I guess. 

If they know there'll be Covid 19 would hot us in 2020. I bet they could directly proceed to film for the next season. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’ve only got 1 episode left to watch and I’m so sad it’s over so quick! Even my sister is watching it with me and she knows nothing of kshows, she’s become a Jasper fan lol

The beginning was so awkward and I was thinking will this even work, but literally the awkwardness was gone within the first episode! It really made me want to go travelling! 
the fans they met are the luckiest fans ever!! Can you imagine having your idol on your sofa? I would never let anyone else sit there ever again sksksksk 

The houses are amazing and spacious though, omg if they come to the UK they will find ugly bricks lol 

Jasper is so sweet, why does he remind me of his Triad Princess character. He’s so naive and innocent but took on really quickly. Variety shows are difficult so I’m very proud of him! 
Seunggi, he used to be the maknae in all the shows before! He’s grown so much, I’m in awe because he worked so hard and must have suffered to get to where he is. I still remember feeling sorry for him in the Noonas over flowers. 1N2D and Strong Heart feels like yesterday. He always seems so sweet and humble while being mischievous and cheeky, he is literally one of my favourites and the next Yoo Jae Suk for sure if he carries on. Come to Londonnnnn 

How beautiful are all the places they went to, I am so hitting up Indonesia next year (God willing), I think it was my favourite along with Nepal. Everywhere they went, everyone was so friendly, it’s such a great experience and you could see how much they loved it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, acuteaddict said:

I’ve only got 1 episode left to watch and I’m so sad it’s over so quick! Even my sister is watching it with me and she knows nothing of kshows, she’s become a Jasper fan lol

Then paused. Wait for me. Hahaha. I still have 7 to go but RL interrupted me. 

6 minutes ago, acuteaddict said:

The beginning was so awkward and I was thinking will this even work, but literally the awkwardness was gone within the first episode! It really made me want to go travelling! 
the fans they met are the luckiest fans ever!! Can you imagine having your idol on your sofa? I would never let anyone else sit there ever again sksksksk 

Yes it is! But it feels so funny in the same time. I can tell how these two guys are also feeling it and try to cope their gap. Hahaha

I can't tell much for now as I have yet finished all the episodes. So I'll come back with tons of spazzing. Hahaha. So hope everyone are still around so I wpn't be too lonely here. Hahhaaha

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1