[Variety 2020] Twogether (Netflix) 26 June 2PM KST Premiere!

@wallflowersforjane Haha, I love your commentary! It's nice to know that someone else is watching at a similar pace as me. That Bali fan had such a cool fan girl room! I have a lot of Jasper Merch, but can't say that my room looks anywhere near that level of dedication, haha. LSG's confidence is so funny - he was exposed to the intensity of the drinking culture out in the Wild West - girls are just as steady drinkers as guys :joy:

I'm finally up to Episode 5 today! 

Episode 5 High lights & thoughts (contains spoilers so read at own risk if you haven't seen yet)

- It's the episode with the performance of the theme song :) I thought the performance actually turned out really well considering how little time they probably had to practice!

- I laughed out loud when Jasper was sincerely thanking LSG for his friendship and LSG thought he was talking to his beer...haha!

- LSG's bravado was hilarious when he challenged the PD to rock, paper, scissors and then lost!

- Ah, the important lesson of "game is game" has returned with an emphasis in this episode. I also laugh when they keep telling their opponents to "relax"

- Jasper had so many cute expressions this episode: pouting when he loses, being cute to get a bargain :love:

- When they meet the fan, it was so cute of Jasper to present her with a gift. It was also really cute of LSG to serenade her grandma with a song!

- Haha, when the PD changes the game to be competition between the boys - LSG is super quick and cunning in his "game is game" tactics...haha, poor sleepy locked-in Jasper...but it's funny that luck ends up being on Jasper's side when they do the water bikes (so LSG's benefit actually didn't help too much)

• Love 2

1 hour ago, JenL said:

@wallflowersforjane Haha, I love your commentary! It's nice to know that someone else is watching at a similar pace as me. That Bali fan had such a cool fan girl room! I have a lot of Jasper Merch, but can't say that my room looks anywhere near that level of dedication, haha. LSG's confidence is so funny - he was exposed to the intensity of the drinking culture out i

In the Wild West - girls are just as steady drinkers as guys :joy:

I'm finally up to Episode 5 today! 

I am glad I have you as my watching companion! Let me try to get at Ep 5 in these few days so we will be on par! Thankfully, your font colour is not showing up well on dark mode so I can't really read your commentary. :joy:

• Love 1

@im0202 Haha, you beat me to it! I thought that interview was so cute. I found it so endearing that Jasper said his most important travel item was LSG! Also how much they praised each other. And I'm a big fan of LSG mentioning (and seeming to want) a season 2 of Twogether with Jasper where he would let him plan the trip. Jasper's travel style is like mine I think - just adapt to the other person's style and if they want to plan, let them :P

Also, I have posted this on the Jasper thread, but I noticed most people searching for Jasper's band information on my blog through the Twogether thread (probably from watching episode 5 of Twogether and seeing Jasper on guitar there). So if you're interested in Jasper when he was the guitarist in Morning Call (his old indie band), I've put up a few videos I took at the concert I went to on my YouTube channel (This is from a few years ago when Jasper was already quite famous, but not this current Netflix next-level of fame). Jasper's guitar talent best displayed from 1:06 on this video:

• Love 3

Yes! Finally, Swoon content for their show! I just opened up the video and I am smiling from ear to ear already to have new content from them!

Their chemistry is SO GOOD. Even an online conference call can't diminish that! 

@JenL I am definitely LSG's style of travel! Prepping and planning the schedule and figuring out all the locations.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

These are 5 second interviews from The Swoon's instagram which I popped on my YouTube Channel. Not sure if they'll allow it, but you can always watch on their insta later :)

• Love 1

I put all all these Netflix Twogether promos into one blog post for convenience if you want to view them all at once: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/07/the-swoon-continues-dropping-cute.html

Netflix Korea also put on these videos of the boys playing word association games on their instagram. I subbed the Chinese parts of Jasper's video since I understand Mandarin (Don't know the Korean and haven't gotten to some of those episodes yet!). And LSG's Canada fan instagram has a subbed version on their instagram: https://www.instagram.com/leeseunggi.canada/

• Love 1

@JenL Thank you for sharing all these clips! They are adorable. I am glad they are still releasing them to continue hyping the show!

I finally finished Ep 5 over the weekend! Here are my thoughts.

Yay! We get to see a performance from them. I didn't really expect that to be part of this show. I haven't seen LSG sing in quite awhile so this was a treat. A little disappointed that Jasper didn't sing more. Is he not very confident in singing, Jen? Anyway, my secret hope is that they might form as project duo in the future and promote together! That would be amazing.

Good call for the boys to get a driver so that they can sleep in. And to gift us with all those funny, unglam images of them sleeping. I am sorry LSG but I laughed really hard at you sleeping with your mouth open. It's nice to know they are human too. I am also quite amused that he has his neck pillow ready to go.

About the rock paper scissors game, I am always impressed at how variety show PDs can take the easiest games and make it more complicated and entertaining. Man, their luck is terrible! But at least I am glad the boys lost at places they could eat. So I consider that a win for them, with their luck. Lol! They looked like they enjoyed the kway teow and ice cream.

I am glad their gamble to find the fan's house without the last clue worked out for them. I was getting kind of worried. I think the Bangkok fan is my favourite so far. She took the effort to learn Mandarin and I love her request to just take a walk with Jasper! It's so clever too to have that 1 on 1 time that you probably never get with their idol. Also loved how Jasper spoke slower with her or used simpler words.

Chiang Mai looks gorgeous! Another SEA locale to add to my list. That's so thoughtful of the fan to buy coffee for them. And so sharp of LSG to notice it. He's really on alert all the times!

Ooh, we get a game twist! Again, not expecting that. Poor Jasper, he's up against a game expert! I kid you not, I was screaming at how devious LSG was by locking Jasper in! Thank goodness there were such big windows otherwise I wonder how long Jasper would be locked in!

Wow the Grand Canyon is gorgeous. I can't believe they booked the whole place for the show. That's pretty deep pockets for this show. Second big LOL moment LSG failing at the aquabike. Karma is real, my boy!

Squee moment that they both looked really good in their cut-off tees. MUSCLES! :wub:

(Ep 6 this weekend!)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

A longer version of the guessing game....Jasper and LSG play to secure a certain amount of prize packs for swoonies. You can enter to win the prize packs on the Swoon Youtube channel

• Love 1

Happy weekend, everyone (who is still here)! I just finished Ep 6 last night, such a good one!

I am not surprised that LSG made the jump without hesitation! His special forces training coming into good use here! I was really cheering Jasper on to make the jump, thank goodness he got the shorter jump, I can't imagine if he had to take the big one.

Lol! Jasper is learning how to be cunning but not quite cunning to save his own key! Also can I say how does his hair look so good even though he's rushing!

I really liked how the show arranged for them to ride the streets of Chiang Mai and to eat at local restaurants. Riding is such a cool way to sight-see! I can see that the boys were really enjoying it. I am glad the boys also got to try local cuisine, Northern Thai food is so good!

Haha, the second I saw LSG getting complacent, I knew Jasper would beat him to the location. LSG is such an extrovert, he's just making conversation and friends everywhere he goes. And that Thai uncle got a good deal, a plate of satay for LSG singing and a picture. Hahahaha, so smart!

What an awesome choice of the fan to bring them to the university and to interact with local students! This game was really fun to watch, having them to be competitive one another really makes it more exciting! I was rooting for Jasper because he was the underdog here, not being familiar with the game. He put up such a good fight!

Wow! I can't believe the fan they meet is the same fan who gave them the Starbucks. What a cool coincidence! I am not surprised it's LSG fan though, since they have been alternating fans each episode and I think the production team figured LSG would win since he's more cunning in games and would get ahead somehow. This fan is so lucky to get so many gifts from LSG! His sunglasses? That's amazing!

I do wonder if the fans really not know that they were selected ahead of time. I doubt it right? They all seemed to be dressed nicely and in make-up.

Looking forward to Nepal, I have never heard of Pokhara so it will be exciting to see where they go!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@wallflowersforjane Haha you're actually beating me in the episodes watched! Hope you haven't finished already or I'll be watching all by myself! I was busy with something last weekend so I only just watched episode 6 tonight. And I'm meant to be making a little birthday video for Jasper's birthday coming up on the 12th of August since all the international Jasper fans are doing it (His fan clubs in Tibet and India got this idea!) so I don't know if I'll be watching episode 7 this week...but hopefully if I finish everything tomorrow night...

Love your detailed analysis on episodes 5 and 6. A reply to your question - Jasper isn't always super confident in his own singing abilities despite having released a few songs.When he was in his band Morning Call, he used to just play guitar and not sing. when he finally sung on a track called French Film, he was so nervous about it! He's much better now - he released the opening song for a drama (that is currently on air) called Young Days No Fear. Not sure how he feels about performing live though. I feel like they would sell so well if they formed a duo together! Haha, I loved that you almost screamed when Jasper was locked in by LSG!! I was laughing - Jasper is the king of shill despite losing against the "game is game" Master. The Bangkok fan was really sweet - I was impressed by her Chinese. Also her photos were trending on instagram - she had so many lovely selfies with Jasper!

Episode 6 High lights & thoughts (contains spoilers so read at own risk if you haven't seen yet)

-I liked that Jasper got his revenge with hiding the bike keys but could not outwit the master that is LSG who stole his bike! Haha, I like that you noticed how hair always looks good!

-LSG is so funny when he does his devious laugh

-Jasper is me with spicy noodles - even mild is too much! I laughed at how paranoid LSG is making Jasper...to the point where he's asking if LSG added extra spice in the noodles

-You're right, it was fun to watch them try some local street restaurants - And I agree that uncle was really smart (and nice) to pay for LSG's food. I like that LSG, as an extrovert just strikes up conversations...and I thought it was funny that he just accepted the uncle's compliments for all the Koreans. Haha, represent!

-That ball game was intense (so intense that LSG's shorts ripped!!) and the player Max was super impressive - poor Jasper's team didn't stand as much a chance (and I totally agree - being an underdog was tough, but he sure could headbutt!)

-I was surprised by LSG's cooking skills (Did that lady even do anything to help him besides tell him he was good at it?) It worked out for Jasper also because doing an Art class would be just up his alley.

- Yep, it was surely going to be a LSG fan to make things even. I've been wondering the same thing about whether the fans knew or not - I'd say they would have been told the stars were coming. I feel like they wouldn't want them to not be home or wearing their pyjamas when they came! I did feel like this fan was super lucky with the sunglasses and the boyfriend-feeding-you-gesture....but I totally understand her awkwardness when eating. I'd feel uncomfortable being filmed eating and having to reply to a question. But damnnn, she got those sunglasses! Also have to say, this fan got a little ripped off as she didn't get to meet both of them when the other fans did...I'm sure it didn't make too big a difference since she had quality time with LSG...but that meant no picture with both of them like the other fans got to do.

-I laughed when Jasper thought he had been abandoned by LSG! Also looking forward to Nepal. I've never been and would love to seen all those mountainous views!

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, JenL said:

I feel like they would sell so well if they formed a duo together!

They would right? I feel like it would be such a good lead-in for Season 2! Now who can I call to sell them on this idea. I think I heard one of Jasper's song recently, @Lawyerh posted it in the What Are You Listening thread. I thought he was pretty good!

56 minutes ago, JenL said:

I was surprised by LSG's cooking skills (Did that lady even do anything to help him besides tell him he was good at it?)

It didn't looked like she did much right? Unless they edited out the instructions bit. But its pretty clear the production team chose activities they are both good at so they wouldn't take up too much time. Jasper was really creative with using his hands to make the elephant ears!

58 minutes ago, JenL said:

Also have to say, this fan got a little ripped off as she didn't get to meet both of them when the other fans did...I'm sure it didn't make too big a difference since she had quality time with LSG...but that meant no picture with both of them like the other fans got to do.

That is true! Maybe that's why LSG made it up with giving her so many gifts compared to the other fans.

Ep 7 this weekend!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Finally finished Ep 7! I hope you are watching this weekend too, @JenL

What an anxiety-filled episode about the perils of travelling! When LSG and Jasper met again, it was quite touching for me how they were so happy to see each other. It makes me think how many of such greetings will happen around the world when the pandemic finally passes.

That was a pretty nerve-wrecking wait for the plane to Pokkara! I am so glad they did manage to get on and it was a smooth flight. I imagine the crew was also really anxious!

So it looks like LSG really is a competent cook! Another great aspect of travelling - cooking for yourself sometimes. This show really crammed so many elements of travel for them to experience. Although I don't think I would be hauling bags of ingredients from home to another country. Haha. So funny of the two of them to start laying groundwork for future bribery.

Wow, I was a bit shocked at how hectic the schedule is in Nepal. I thought they would have a little more time.

That hike looks so deceptively easy. I am reminded of my own hiking attempts overseas where I was dying at all those steps. It always look so simple when you just look at pictures. So funny of them to include the crew's footage in there too. Hahahaha! I feel you, Twogether crew! I can't believe they found a fluent Korean speaker among the locals along the hiking route! I am so glad they managed to glimpse Annapurna! Their luck is taking such a good turn in Nepal! I love the scenery and the shots of them at the look-out point, silhouetted against Annapurna. So cool!

I can't believe they have to row a boat after hiking! And then rush to the airport soon after!

Another local game to play. I really like this feature of the show. It's such a simple way to experience another culture. Jasper isn't unlucky at all. He's actually super lucky that he got so many more chances to sink the queen in. Whoo!

The schoolgirls were hilarious! I love how they mobbed the director, after being egged on by the guys. HAHAHAHA. But really, production crews deserve the love too! :wub:

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 11:34 PM, wallflowersforjane said:

What an anxiety-filled episode about the perils of travelling! When LSG and Jasper met again, it was quite touching for me how they were so happy to see each other. It makes me think how many of such greetings will happen around the world when the pandemic finally passes.

That was a pretty nerve-wrecking wait for the plane to Pokkara! I am so glad they did manage to get on and it was a smooth flight. I imagine the crew was also really anxious!

@wallflowersforjane Haha I've finished Episode 7 and on track to finish episode 8 today! Yayyy!!

Yes, this is how I imagine people will feel once we have this pandemic under control and people can see their friends and family from overseas again. It's so bittersweet to think about travel at the moment, but Twogether definitely reminds you of all the good things about it. Yeah, the weather in Nepal looked crazy for travel - I wonder if anyone ever gets to their destination on time! But the scenery looked beautiful regardless of rain or clouds

So it looks like LSG really is a competent cook! Another great aspect of travelling - cooking for yourself sometimes. This show really crammed so many elements of travel for them to experience. Although I don't think I would be hauling bags of ingredients from home to another country. Haha. So funny of the two of them to start laying groundwork for future bribery.

LSG definitely looks like a good cook! Haha and Jasper eating everything while making it was so funny. I was really craving Korean food while watching. Haha, it was smart of them to trap PD and play him at his own game!

That hike looks so deceptively easy. I am reminded of my own hiking attempts overseas where I was dying at all those steps. It always look so simple when you just look at pictures. So funny of them to include the crew's footage in there too. Hahahaha! I feel you, Twogether crew! I can't believe they found a fluent Korean speaker among the locals along the hiking route! I am so glad they managed to glimpse Annapurna! Their luck is taking such a good turn in Nepal! I love the scenery and the shots of them at the look-out point, silhouetted against Annapurna. So cool!

Hiking is always harder than it looks! Haha, I loved how the crew member was told he should be fit coz he filmed Running man and his response was, ..."Several years ago, I was younger" LOL Yeah, what are the odds of finding a Korean speaker in Nepal!! It was funny that he missed the Korean food too.

The schoolgirls were hilarious! I love how they mobbed the director, after being egged on by the guys. HAHAHAHA. But really, production crews deserve the love too! :wub:

Hahaha, I actually wonder if the school kids were Australian! That is totally how they act here and I do know a few schools that do trips to Nepal,

My own observations and favourite things from Ep 7:

Episode 7 High lights & thoughts (contains spoilers so read at own risk if you haven't seen yet)

-I thought it was cute that Jasper and LSG were  accidentally wearing similar shoes after not meeting for a week. They must have really missed each other XD

-It's cute that Jasper's mum said he was still talking English in his sleep. I love that he still lives with family.

- Haha that waiting in Nepal in the airport was crazy....I loved how the show kept using the phrase "At least they thought so..." They thought they were leaving, but it did not turn out to be the case each time

-I like how Jasper guilts LSG with his newly learnt Korean phrases about trust and friendship referring to the locking incident

-LSG's cooking was so good - and Jasper was so cute to be eating while making the food.

-The nature shots were so pretty when they were hiking and I'm jelly they got to go to such a pretty place

-They were super lucky to get to see Annapurna! 30-40% chance is not high and the fact that all the locals said they wouldn't see it was stressful. Poor Jasper looked so dejected when the locals said 1000% they wouldn't see it or 1% chance- still glad they persisted!

-I didn't know LSG was known as the weather fairy. That is quite a cute name and maybe his luck did work!

-Haha I laughed so hard at the part about 'Lazi' being about French kissing and LSG and Jasper looking shy but also talking about how they loved Lazi...oooooh!

-The local game Carrom looked tricky, but the crowd seemed fun to play with and it was quite funny when they joked they would call the police on LSG for possible cheating.

-Those school kids were so lucky!! I wish I could have run into international celebrities when I was on a school trip!

-The silky pajamas make their first appearance! I laughed seeing LSG wear them in the credits XD Matching sleepwear

• Love 1

It's my last Twogether viewing post, though might post other interview/content updates if they pop up. A big Thank you to @wallflowersforjane and @Lawyerh for making this Twogether journey fun. Also I hear from these guys that you couldn't believe how slow we were with our viewing @endeavor...But I've finally finished :) (And I rewatched a few episodes too!) I'm super sad this show is over, but you can find me posting on other Jasper threads across the internet :)

3tp5m92.jpg

Episode 8 High lights & thoughts (contains spoilers so read at own risk if you haven't seen yet)

-That beeping truck was a weird way for the airport to chase the birds away in Nepal! 

-I can imagine the wait being tougher than the missions since waiting always seems longer (apparently psychologically time seems 3 times slower when you wait)

-Their last missions seemed so much harder! That city was huge, but it's a good thing that LSG is brave in talking to strangers and Jasper had good intuition to find the strangers! 

-LOL Those cashmere scarves. I love that LSG went so hard with the budgeting the whole trip in order to meet fans only to splurge in Nepal - so much so that poor Jasper is told there's no lunch coz shopping expenses!

2uNf2U4.jpg

-I'm so glad they showed some local food in this episode. It looked really good. And I laughed so hard when the boys were dragged up for dancing. I can't believe they were singing about the food the whole time - what a strange way to dine and what a tricky mission.

-Jasper had total puppy dog eyes when asking for a hint from PD. Haha, the fact they were asked to pay for lunch was hilarious. 

-Poor Jasper just sitting there while LSG met his Nepal fan - I felt like maybe they should have swapped the solo meet with his Thai fan since she seemed prepared to meet them both (she had a present for Jasper) while the Nepal fan didn't. But it's so Jasper to make himself useful. Haha, it was considerate of him to pull out the marker and lighting.

-Haha did anyone else notice that several times in the show, old ladies were swoonie and giggling at LSG and Jasper? Even old ladies are not immune from their charms!

- I can't believe the fans choosen for the show not only got to meet the idols at home, they also got to fly to Korea. What a dream!

- I laughed when LSG yelled out "Starbucks don't cry!" I know they didn't know about the time limit, but I did feel kind of annoyed with that fan for crying and not giving him the hint - like surely you'd know he was doing something important? Also you already met him at least once, which is luckier than most fans!

-The Korean Jasper fan's husband was so sweet to make an application for his wife. What a real keeper!

-I laughed that she use to be a big LSG fan and switched to being a big Jasper fan! But she got a good deal - to meet both the idols she's liked her whole life. Her current entertainer and Ex-entertainer. What was the rumour about LSG ??

- I thought it was hilarious but probably true when the fan was telling LSG about how surreal it was meeting him since he was always in her room (on posters) and she saw him when she woke up and got changed. Hahaha! What an achievement for her to make LSG blush.

That's the end of all my notes! Thanks to anyone who has read these :) See you on another Jasper thread!

• Love 1

I have been delaying writing this because once I write it, the show is really over. But looks like I must, to start moving on and to hope for a new season sooner than later.

Ep 8 or 8

Wow, the production really faked us out about the "emergency. But I have to say I never thought of birds landing on the runway, I just assumed they would fly out of the way when an aircraft approached. I am just glad that this flight was less nerve-wrecking than the previous one.

I thought that having to search for people in the crowd was quite a cool way to let SG and Jasper explore the area and show it to us!

I figured something was going to happen with the performance in the restaurant. But I wasn't sure which was the distraction - the food or the performance! Having to recite the sequence of food is straight out the quiz show Problematic Men! The food looks amazing though, I love food like that. SG was so quick to point out he didn't say Challenge! So smart!

The Nepalese fan is so cute! I was screaming along with her as SG sang to her. He really needs to release more music so fans have more songs to listen too! I LOL-ed when Jasper knew to get out the marker for SG to sign. They have such great teamwork at this stage but its also shows how considerate Jasper is.

It's great that the Show went back to South Korea but I was also disappointed that there wasn't a Taiwan episode to balance it out. Next season, okay PD-nim. No lack of SG fans there.

The fans are so lucky to feature one more time in the Show and spend more time! Such a wonderful memory that they can keep forever. I am so impressed at how SG and Jasper strategised to find Starbucks Girl but also really sad that they couldn't go up to her. I hope she understands why when she watches the episode.

Isn't it interesting that SG's fans are more boisterous like him while Jasper's fans are quieter, like him too? Haha!

I found myself wanting more BTS footage as the episode ended! I hope the team can release more on Youtube to tide us over till the next season!

@JenL It was a pleasure to watch the show together with you and so cool that we became friends through this. Thanks for always checking on our watch progress @Lawyerh @endeavor @Alice Wonderland. We are finally done!

• Like 1
  • Love 1