[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

18 minutes ago, Estelle said:

Hello, I've just read the poll. But I don't remember where it shows that SH has memory loss :sweatingbullets: Could someone enlighten me? Thanks in advance! :D

It is not really confirmed that she has memory loss, but she keeps getting memory flashes (of future too)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

#ELLE Chemie Factory #Cho Seung-woo #Park Shin-hye #Sisyphus's

"If you post something like this during your home visit... Elle I love you very much."
"The heart surprised to see Sisyphus, calms down with Elle..."

Youtube comment explosion

JTBC Drama #SIJPs Seung-Woo Jo and Shin-Hye Park #Meet the Chemie Workshop now!

Right view   youtu.be/dFChczwcn1w

Imagen

Imagen

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Hello Hello everyone.  I see some familiar names here. wave @nrllee.  Coming from watching Stranger 2, I enjoy seeing CSW emote, esp his slick and smooth talking glib.  A good change, somehow I feel Tae sul exudes a lot of the real CSW's personality. :D -- @pompyavi@larus@taeunfighting  are you watching?

Hi @bedifferent, it's good to hear from you and to also see other friends here! I do plan to start either tonight or this weekend (along with Vincenzo). I've read a few comments here and there about CSW's characterization here compared to our dear Shi Mok. Should be fun and interesting! :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Estelle said:

Hello, I've just read the poll. But I don't remember where it shows that SH has memory loss :sweatingbullets: Could someone enlighten me? Thanks in advance! :D

I think it’s implied.  Her dad told her to remember 3 things before she left and when she landed she broke all 3.  But she does get flashes and remembers things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imagen

9 o'clock tonight
Watching the JTBC drama <Sy Jeep>,
Muse with a good feeling #Time to spend a good night with Park Shin-hye!
-
JTBC Drama #SIJP's Bonbang Shooter Event 
Even if you just leave a cheering comment, you have a chance to win over your mouth!
If you shoot the JTBC drama <Cyprus> and leave a certification shot!
Good feeling model Park Shin-hye's suggestion and autograph.
-
✔ How to participate in the event
1) Good feeling model “Park Shin-hye” Leave a comment to cheer for the new drama!
2) Take a certification shot for watching the JTBC drama <SiJips>!
3) Upload your stories by tagging @ykgoodfeel!
4) If you regram with the hashtag below, your chances of winning will increase!
#Feeling good x Park Shin-hye #SIJPs #Bonbang shooter event
* Those who have authenticated will be exposed to Good Feeling Stories together.
-
✔ Event Prizes
[10 people] Autographed by actor Park Shin-hye + Guang sleeping pillow + Good feeling mouth-over genuine product
[50 people] Good feeling mouth over regular product 1 pack (random size)
-
✔ Event period: 

With a good feeling! Park Shin Hye's Proposal to Sleep

cr. https://www.instagram.com/p/CLYBTKFJuPF/?igshid=b2r8pxzeo1ws

Imagen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other notes from Ep1.  The camera panned in on these pamphlets at the initial future terminal where they are teleported back to the past.  Written in many different languages.  Advertising “Uploader”.  Seems to be some sort of service that helps them in their transition back to the past?  Is this what Sung DongIl’s character is part of?  He seems to play the part not dissimilar to a people smuggler.  

spacer.png

@wenchanteur mentioned (in another site) that potentially there are 2 classes of people making the trip back to the past.  Hence the Busan train scene where Sun (?) talks about the differences between rich and poor folk.  So similarly, time travel can be done 2 ways.  Illegally (like boat people, refugees) or legally (if you can pay).  And the Control Bureau deals with illegal immigrants from the future.  I guess if you take the whole story to it’s end point, then presumably in a Nuclear Holocaust, if you are rich, you have your posh bunker stocked with food and you can avoid radiation.  But if you’re poor, you don’t have those luxuries and therefore live in less than ideal conditions with the radiation, bad food etc.  I take it SeoHae is a poor refugee.  An illegal immigrant.  And you have mercenaries like Sung DongIl who act as people smugglers?  I am assuming that’s how TaeSan travelled back in time.  And the key (to the safe) was payment for passage?  All guesswork but it’s intriguing all the same.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Other notes from Ep1.  The camera panned in on these pamphlets at the initial future terminal where they are teleported back to the past.  Written in many different languages.  Advertising “Uploader”.  Seems to be some sort of service that helps them in their transition back to the past?  Is this what Sung DongIl’s character is part of?  He seems to play the part not dissimilar to a people smuggler.  

Hi!

Oh !!!

You again ? :hwaiting2:

Youre doing great job with photos and evidence.

Arent you sure you are not hooked too ? ^^

We are in bad condition, because now, theories and information are spread everywhere on the internet!!

What to do ? Copy-paste texts ?

Im going in teasing mode :

Ive maybe (yeah, I will always write maybe everytimes, lol) solved the case of Scene #2 of the drama, so there is no inconsistencies like missing drone, or doing weird thing like relax and modeling while you are surrounded by 30 guys with big guns. :crazy:

All the thing is made to trap us, but alert us "hey guys, stop watching Park shin-hye legs, something wrong happens here, try to find what, connect your brain now, you will need it for the whole drama, ah ah". hum hum, I don't really know, but it's just fun to say that. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Instead of copy-paste, I made some changes.
So I write it all here.

Read previous message on this forum about first scene of drama, and the high probability than people here are time travel migrants.

Time travel/migration thematic.

Many elements revolve around this theme.
- The importance of showing a suitcase with slightly cubic proportions, easy to remember. And whose utility/functioning still holds some mystery.
- The fact that heroin and perhaps other people appear in places where we travel: railroads, airplanes.

The theme of travel by public means is used at the end of episode 2, when everyone goes to the station to take the train to Busan.
- Some travelers (the heroin) are poor and use a normal train (I can't remember the name of the train, but it's a moderate speed train).
- Others are rich (the hero) and take a fast train (TKX, high speed train).
- The scene emphasizes the two characters separated on a different platform (rich/poor).

Maybe this same difference in richness applies to time travel.
- Those who are poor travel/migrate illegally, because populating the past with a lot of people from the future, still, it's not reasonable, even if these people want to escape their bunker! Thank to loto numbers, they will live greatly in the present.
- Those who are rich travel/migrate legally. They are not numerous, so it's ok about statistics, a bit less about morality.
On this fact, I expect to see an antagonist that is:
- A rich man from the future who came to settle legally in the past, at a time before the drama began. Even far before.
- This rich man is part of the hero's environment (perhaps Kim Han Yong, the character played by old actor Jeon Gook Hwan).

Problems of Scene #2 of the drama.

Scene 2, a very strange scene for 4 reasons :
1 - How does the heroine get on the roof of the train?
2 - Why is she not seen by the drone ?
3 - Whatever happens: once on the roof, she will be spotted after the end of the scene.
4 - She acts weird, looks down on both sides, then relaxes (sure she will never be spotted?).

By reflex, we can explain these points as follows:
1 - The climbing of the train is a short ellipse, but it's badly rendered and it's confusing.
2 - The absence of the drone is an inconsistency.
3 - If the heroin is then called, the incoherence of the drone disappears. One can imagine that it gave the information or that the troops saw her on the roof anyway, because she is easily visible, once you stop looking down. We don't know what happens next, and how she escapes if she was called out.
4 - She relaxes because the scene is over, she has managed to hide successfully. The troops don't think to look at the roof of the train and then leave. This adds to the drone's bug. An incoherent solution, but looking to be the right one given the way it is rendered. THE TRAP! Well, I hope it's a trap... :unsure:

In this case, if I was on the roof of the train, I would be on my stomach without moving. And if I were the director, I would show the troops abandoning the search.

All this requires explanations that all point to a flaw or a script error, except solution 3.
Unfortunately, this often happens in dramas, and it has become difficult to trust the writers.
Even the best dramas have some breaking points.

Now, if you trust the accuracy of the writing, and admit that there are no flaws in the scene, there must be a reason for what you see, and even the drone is there to support the scene.

Important Step of Scene #2.

05:30 - When Seo Hae appears, she's not even in a train station, but next to a poor house on the side of the railroad tracks.
Seo Hae's journey is not shown. If we don't know that the drama is about time travel, it is impossible to say that this was all a time travel. To find out, we would have needed a Terminator-type CGI. So here, an important point, I will suppose both there was a time travel, and there is not. In any way, what come next will work the both way, just with a variation.
We suspect that this is the continuation of the previous scene, because Seo Hae is wearing the same white shirt, and she grabs a big pink shirt, just to have a look suitable for a photoshop session, and to strike the minds of the spectators.

In this scene of Seo Hae walking on the railroad tracks, everything is there to remind us of one thing: POVERTY.
It is the poor immigrant woman with her suitcase, a makeshift shirt too big for her, walking barefoot on a low-traffic (almost abandoned) railway track, in the middle of poor people's houses suffering from the noise of a railway.

To add to the symbolism, the heroine is so poor that she doesn't even take a train, she walks on the tracks. The scene could have gone on without any events other than walking on the tracks. Yet the scene chooses to show a train passing over the tracks. It induces the meaning of fast travel (rich, on board the train, go directly and fast to destination), and the sensation of slow travel (poor and on foot, long walk, loose time by taking the way you can, not the way you want).

The heroine arrives at the drawing station, and it is not by chance that the scene takes place in a marshalling yard.
Then some strange and disturbing armed people appear.
By what chance?
This is the control bureau team: they monitor the border, and the places that illegal people are likely to pass through. The whole scene resembles a patrol around a territorial fence. At night, with surveillance means (drone), projectors. All that is missing are dogs, but instead they have devices to detect radioactivity (or waves of that kind).
Note: People with nuclear radiation die quickly, so it may be strange radiation, not life-threatening, or providing abilities, no idea.

Someone rich takes a train that goes straight to its destination.
Someone poor who travels illegally takes a longer route, walk on track and look for a way to pass.
In this journey, there is a connection, "you have to change tracks". Marshalling yard meaning.
One has to go through a discreet place to cross the border, making the trip in two stages, instead of going through the official customs post without being interrupted on the way.
The marshalling yard is a hole in the time fence for illegal travelers.
Here the variant :
- The time travel would not take place in one go, but in two jumps for the illegal ones.
- It happens in one go, in this case this scene does not happen in our time but in the future.

Then come the chase, I don't spot this, it's action.

Possible Explanation of the end of the scene 2.

First think about how the drama shows certain scenes:
The drama shows us a scene of the hero meeting his brother (episode 2, in the cabin), but it's just a hallucination.
Best, it does it 3 minutes later after scene 2, in the plane. The hero meet is brother, and we learn fast than the director traped us, making real an illusion.
Ok guy, so you play dirty like that ? Since when exactly ? :surprisedwut:

When the heroine is on the roof of the train : She looks at the ground, on the right, then on the left, giving the impression to observe the troops.
But... What if she had already escaped, not in space, but in time ?
It is possible that the staging juxtaposes two different realities, and that the heroine and the troops are already separated in different dimensions.
So that explains the heroine's attitude, she looks down right: she sees nothing. We spectator, we see the troops. Because this little joker of a director shows us everything at the same time, with a very well done aerial view, but with a mysterious side.
The heroine looks down on the left, she sees nothing. Then she is relieved, relaxes, and does a photoshop session. Normal, she has just noticed that her time jump has succeeded, and that the Control Bureau troops are no longer there.

To sum up:
Phase 1, the pursuit: everyone is in the same time.
Phase 2, the roof of the train: the troops and the heroin are in a different time. Then, this missing drone is really a joke !

Of course, I just have to wait next week for all this crumble because I'm wrong again... :unsure:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

DNA from ashes

Documentation on this can be found very easily on the internet.
It is indeed possible to find DNA in the ashes of a cremated body.
However, it is a difficult process with low chances of success.
The majority of the ashes are unusable because they are the residue of carbonaceous molecules.
On the other hand, some DNA manages to remain in some bones and teeth.
These bones and teeth are reduced to a powder during cremation (the powder being mixed with the rest of the ashes). DNA can be extracted from these samples.

As our hero is a genius, I'm sure he have better chance to find it. ;)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

I think I already like this drama. And love reading all the theories.

But I was wondering who this Sisyphus was ( ie I only know the main Greek mythology) So had to google and Sisyphus was punished to roll a big boulder up a hill only for it to fall every time he almost brings it to the top, for eternity.

So I'm wondering is our Quanum and Time creator hero is the Sisyphus in the story. He was already shot and woke up but all the memories intact.

Also wondering if HanTaeSul is the inventor who made all this time traveling stuff possible.

Also I wonder if Sun will be a rich billionaire in the future.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

11 hours ago, nrllee said:

Hence the Busan train scene where Sun (?) talks about the differences between rich and poor folk.  So similarly, time travel can be done 2 ways.  Illegally (like boat people, refugees) or legally (if you can pay).  And the Control Bureau deals with illegal immigrants from the future.  I guess if you take the whole story to it’s end point, then presumably in a Nuclear Holocaust, if you are rich, you have your posh bunker stocked with food and you can avoid radiation.  But if you’re poor, you don’t have those luxuries and therefore live in less than ideal conditions with the radiation, bad food etc.  I take it SeoHae is a poor refugee.  An illegal immigrant.  And you have mercenaries like Sung DongIl who act as people smugglers?  I am assuming that’s how TaeSan travelled back in time.  And the key (to the safe) was payment for passage?  All guesswork but it’s intriguing all the same.

Finished 2 episodes.  Like E2 much better.  It grounded the drama, gave some traction for the storyline to take off, there were more tidbits to chew off.  What this episode improved for me was to establish the emotional pull that is quintessential for kdrama, a good drama needs to have heart. 

I am rooting for TS and HS already. It helps a lot that my mind will always associate CSW as the righteous ShiMok who fights to preserve the good for society so TS character is one I can easily believe in.  Tae Sul is a reluctant hero of sort who is at the cusp of stepping into a role that his genius mind is meant for. A young Steve Job, a young Bill Gates... but like any hero, the spark to move him to the next level of greatness has to be personal.  His need to reconcile his guilt and a chance to redo his life mistake to save his brother.  It will take on a bigger implication for Tae Sul as his work and invention hold the potential to benefit and be exploited by others.  We already see how in the future, his work took a toll on his personal life and endangers his bride.  And we see in the present how HS is wiling to risk her life to meet and save him.  I am not sure how this will end but for now, these two are fighting hard for the people that they love.  TS for TSan and HS for her future family/mom? That is enough for me to keep watching.  I am willing to let the technical science stuffs slide... into the fantasy hole. LOL  I am here for the characters and their journeys.  

Random things that cross my mind @pompyavi @larus @wenchanteur @agenth

• My favorite part by PSH was the bench scene at the train station with Sun.  HS is a weary traveler who must shelters her heart, keeps her secrets closed and maintains distance with others for survival.  She silently observes others with the benefits of hindsight from the future.  In her mind is her father's advice of not trusting anyone and to always run at full speed to survive.  You can feel her loneliness, the kind of a time traveler without permanent home and long term relations always on the run, has.  A curse of some sort for the chance to start a "better" life than where she came from.  You know she tries hard to not connect with Sun. Despite not trusting him, she cannot help but feels something for him, for another person's circumstances and his need.  Really, we as human beings, crave social interactions with one another. We say sometimes we want to get away from everyone but one thing this pandemic teaches us, is human relationships are precious to maintain our mental health.  What's more, can a person be completely void of compassion for another person's circumstances? I don't think so?!  Anyway, this was one of my favorite scenes so far,  PSH did well to portray HS' conflicted feelings toward Sun.  I love how she helped him with his lotto numbers before taking off.  She didn't have to.  This was something I think will carry on throughout the drama.  Our leads doing the extra for others unselfishly in hope that we as society will do the same.
  • I got flashbacks of the movie Parasite and Snowpiercer while watching.  The idea of two segments of society, the privilege and the not so, exist in parallel with one tries hard to maintain its advantages over others.  To the point of preventing "crossover".  The lower class tries to improve their living conditions to better their future.  It's murky but we know time travel in HS' future must be regulated, by social class, wealth, governing authority or whatever.  It forced HS' father to upload her using a different channel than the official one.  The travelers are in ragged clothing, treated with little respect, subjected to force at the time travel entry port.  It was obvious they are lower class citizens in this futuristic society.  Parent sacrifices for children to leave to a better place... no less different than those of the immigrants around the world, our world.  Then we have the two trains at the station: the regular and high speed trains.  Sun clearly noticed the advantage of wealth on social classes here, how it helps close the gap and brings those wealthy behind ahead.  I love the images of TS and HS on the trains as they sped by.  Both see their images in the train, their places in society.  Both see each other across the societal divide and train tracks yet they couldn't cross and reach the other side.  They are curious, they know the other person exists, but they are still left to board their own train.  At least for now.  Of course, TS' KTX train left first.  It's also the second time, HS left looking at the train wistfully.  Her place in society hasn't change.  Will she finally board the same train as TS by the end of drama?  I hope so. I hope we see an ending that said it is possible, this opportunity of better oneself as an immigrant.
  • I also love the idea of the SLR camera capturing history and memories.  For TS, they are clues that he needs to piece together, thus the photos are plot devices. More than that, they were taken with skills, love, purpose and care by his brother.  The camera settings require the touch of the person who took it.  The situation, the lighting of the moment, the thoughts and decisions the photographer made before clicking the shutter button. The photos are very personal in that sense and is a reminder of the person his brother is.  Photos can evoke feelings and memories.  They also serve as guide for future and lessons of the past.  I just love the whole idea of photographs and time traveling.
  • There is also the idea of money as the great equalizer.  We have the smuggler king who holds secrets and realizes dreams/hopes for these illegal immigrants.  Sung Dong Il is an enigmatic character.  We see in E3 preview that he will introduce time traveling quantum mechanics to TS.  Is he like a reluctant wise cracking Yoda who is tasked to open the pandora box for our lead?
  • In addition to our illegal immigrants, there must also be legal time travelers as well.  These must be wealthy folks, those who are respected and legal citizens using a different time travel port.   I'll be interested to know how many are using their future knowledge to elevate themselves to powerful positions and gain control of society.  It's no doubt these people are those who run the Control Bureau to preserve their world.  Are TS' friend Eddy Kim and exGF Seo Jin also part of the legal immigrant?  Eddy Kim obviously tries hard to steer Quantum and Time's success.  Seo Jin is privy to TS' mind and thoughts as his therapist.  What's the chance that these two were lifted out of their second class citizenship into the present world to help the legal travelers.
  • I notice that MIB wear masks and some do wear PPE when they search out immigrants.  I think the masks are to prevent them from inhaling dust or particles emitting from the illegal immigrants who venture outside. It's their class signature and how they are being tracked by Control Bureau.  When they first interrogated TS, a guy checked his answer to HS by scanning him for radiation.  He didn't emit radiation to confirm that they have not met in person. I am under the impression that Control Bureau has no idea how important TS is to their future (yet). They just want to capture HS and TS is the key to finding her.  Sung Dong Il character on the other hand knows TS since his business is based on TS' invention.  The time traveling thing is going to be interesting... SDI can actually help TS develop his technology with the hindsight of its implications. Perhaps TS can really change the world for the future in a better way, changing it.  If he does, he will open a Pandora box, affecting HS and many in good and not so good ways.

I hope I don't place too much hope on this drama.  There are just a few things that tell me this drama has potential, just don't let me down ok? :D

@taeunfightinggood to see you, post your thoughts when you get a chance LOL

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1