Imagen

CAPTION

#박신혜 #Parkshinhye #朴信惠
JTBC <시지프스: the myth>
온라인 제작발표회 포토타임 속
신화 속 여신처럼
우아하고 신비로운 비주얼의 박신혜 배우
-
#JTBC #10주년특별드라마 #시지프스 #Sisyphus #themyth #강서해 #온라인 #제작발표회 #포토타임 #박신혜배우 #우아 #신비 #순백의여신 #아름다운 #비주얼 #

#Park Shinhye #Parkshinhye #朴信惠
JTBC <Sisyphus: the myth>
Online production presentation in photo time
Like a mythical goddess
Actress Park Shin-hye with elegant and mysterious visuals
-
#JTBC #10th Anniversary Special Drama #Sisyphus #Sisyphus #themyth #Seohae Kang #Online #Production Presentation #Phototime #Actor Park Shinhye #Elegant #Mystery #Goddess of pure white #Beautiful #Visual #

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ilovenico said:

It’s so nice to see our fav CSW play a character so different from the Stranger and Life characters. And I love it even more that Tae In Ho is playing his trusty aide in this drama - wonder if these two actors are also close in real life. 

I am puzzled- can anyone tell me why PSH character went to look for CSW when her dad told her specifically not to? Just too strange for her to go against what her dad told her to.

I just copy paste what I said to another people asking the same question on another website :

Spoiler

What I remember, she only try to contact Taeseul after an anomaly. She watch TV (around 51:30 minute), and learn about the plane crash and Tea Seul was on the plane. Look like she's worried. As she know loto numbers, she probably know others informations about present day, and this crash wasn't expected. (I even suspect she not only know loto numbers but this specific info flash, or the encounter with young guy of restaurant isnt random, but not sure). Not only that, but she sizzle. I guess an energy interference with another time travel energy device from another suitcase, Taeseul brother one. Not sure about what mean this brief disparition more, maybe the energy cell not only is used for time travelling, but also to keep you in the past time, so when she sizzle, it's like she briefly half go back to the future. (Here I suppose the sizzle happens now and not before because it's the moment she get the info. it's like quantum physic experience, like Bell's one, Alain aspect, intrication. Nature/path of wave/particules is defined when you measure it. It's like the moment when you get information and measure it change what was before. So here, it doesnt matter the other suitcase was already here, the energy interference happens only when information is get).

Additional note : knowing loto number is a good way to make easy and quick cash, then etablish a campment if you go back in time. So, we can suppose some organization about that, for people who's mission is to go back in time. First scene, look like an organization of this kind.

After the sizzle, she pass out. But first thing she do when she wake up, she open her suitcase. I wondered why she do that already, and I don't understand yet why she do that when the young guy can watch her, maybe she don't care it's not important in the context. Now I think she do this because it's an emergency, she need to check something, and she look at the energy cells. Something wrong maybe, because she look woried again. She eat a banana but look absent while that and do not participate to the dialog with the young guy. She's thinking about what decision she should take. And maybe put in balance if she should or not contact Teasul. Then she decide to contact Tae Seul. So the decision to contact him is because there is an higher danger than to not contact him. The danger is he's about to open the suitcase There is a line about this later in the episode, (1:07:30) when she leave a message to the client service, she say "don't open the suitcase, if you do it, we are all condemned" . If you look at the trailer, who know ? When he open the suitcase, maybe it will be apocalypse ?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 4

Other than the entire airplane crashing sequence, I thought it was a solid opening episode.

I am really curious about Kang Seo-Hae's static image fading/distorting - Is she some sort of hologram that can take physical form? - but then she was eating ... looking forward to that explanation.

Liking it so far.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Just watched the first episode going in blind and know nothing about the plot.  I am intrigued with what I watched for now and I hope I will not end up abandoning this. I want to know how did Seo Hae managed to get passed all those people with drone over her head? And the whole airplane scene, while I get the writer trying to emphasize how a genius Tae Sul is, I can't take the scene seriously at all, but I guess it was necessary to introduce the suitcase mystery to Tae Sul.

What I gather, Seo Hae is from the future, going back to the past illegally, and her dad just want her to stay away from Tae Sul because it will exposed her to the baddies who have been keeping their eyes on Tae Sul for whatever reason we don't know yet. But since the the company name is Quantum and Time, I'll assume he will be the key person to time travelling some sort. Seo Hae warning him not to open the suitcase because that will be the start why he starts whatever he did that make people from the future keeping eye on him. I don't mind time travelling plot but pretty please, do not ever ruined it like Alice. Dubious science theory is fine but set up the rules and play by it. Not bending the rules for the sake of the plot.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Done EP2 and one thing I remember was I am laughing all the way through the fighting scene. I am sorry that I can't take any of it seriously. Use silencer because there are a lot of people around, but why do the whole troop gathering all over the stairs with guns pointing to one door. What about that face mask when there is no tear mask or gas bomb used. I thought the whole pump looking thing was for them to release gas but it was only for unlocking the door? Until when are we going to be keep in dark with whatever power Seo Hae has? Feels like I am too nitpicking a lot of things rather than just enjoying the ride. 

The DNA test with the ashes. I never know it is possible, run through Google, NOPE! It is still not a thing. I know that I said dubious science theory is fine, but if it happen in the future, not in the present. And what's up with not checking the DNA before cremation. How did Tae Sul was convinced it was his brother when the body already decomposed beyond recognition? I smell something funny about his partner and ex-girlfriend. Ohhh, I don't even want to mention the credibility of his ex-girlfriend as his psychiatrist. I don't know about law but wouldn't that be weird?

Nitpicking aside, we have the Control Bureau, Illegal Immigrants and Broker. Now I want to know why the safe is important, what is inside it that I believe Tae San hid, and why the Broker is interested in it. It seems Tae Sul will get to see how the future looks like and for now, I will keep watching. The questions raised are still interesting but the execution, for now, I can't take anything seriously. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Conflicted:

I really liked the first two episodes, and will be continuing the entire series. A lot of international fans have shared that they love it so far. However. However. A lot of Korean fans are complaining that the series is childish, or unrealistic, or even cringy. I really think that despite its faults, it is a fun and exciting show! Just wanted to hear everyone's opinions. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just finished the first 2 episode. I must say I like how they present the story but the logic/science part of it is a bit off. Planes usually are capable of flying thousands of KM with a single engine and you cant get DNA from ashes. 

The story is about their attempt to change the future. If they just leave it as it is, Seo-Hae and Tae-Sul will get married and Seo-Hae will die on her wedding day. There is high possibility that she is aware of this.  That is why the first step is to prevent Tae-Sul from opening the suitcase. if that fails, she try to run as far as she can from Tae-Sul, by going to Busan.

But the fate has it that Tae-Sul also going to Busan. there is also an option for Seo Hae to  not jumping to 2020. But maybe they had something they ran from in the future too.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

@LingLing_Wannabe Like I comment earlier, the premise is still interesting and there are lots of questions I am interested in knowing and learning. However, I have to agree with that it is too unrealistic and I really can't take anything seriously. They are going overboard with making things too overdramatic (maybe to flex their big budget) and it is obviously done with lack of sense. I just hope it will be toned down as we go further into the story or it will become stale real fast. It is already 2021 and they can't just spew and do nonsense especially when they want to portray a highly intelligent character (and this is the reason why I don't watch series produced locally in my country. They always sacrifice hard facts to dramatize things and take it far too much). I read somewhere else that some of the watchers have already given up on any scientific accuracy. I for one don't expect much, but I do hope the writer will give out answers and will not bending all the rules just to keep the plot moving. 

@Afxdy I think Seo Hae heading to Busan fully knowing that Tae Sul will be there. The conference is in Busan and there is no way she didn't know that. She seems set trying to save Tae Sul from whoever trying to kill him. It was her father who wanted her to ran away from Tae Sul because he wants her to just live happily. Something must have happen in the future (I am imagining like Space Sweeper bad with all pollutions etc and Seo Hae never even eat banana before) and it was obvious she is an illegal immigrant who went back to the past through an illegal broker. I think the Control Bureau is trying to eliminate everyone coming from the future through illegal broker because they do not want them to change anything that may affect the future.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3
  • Blob 1

The suitcase.  I am leaning towards it being crucial to time/space travel.  Much like how the briefcase worked in Umbrella Academy.  Otherwise SeoHae would’ve ditched it in her flight from her pursuers in Ep1 (it was “baggage” that would’ve slowed her down).  How did she “escape” them?  She was sitting on the roof of the train carriage (rather calm considering the circumstances?) and then poof...next we see is her somewhere else.  Did she dial it up (the suitcase) and poof...she escaped?

Haven’t caught up on last night’s ep yet.  Will do so later today.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, LingLing_Wannabe said:

Conflicted:

I really liked the first two episodes, and will be continuing the entire series. A lot of international fans have shared that they love it so far. However. However. A lot of Korean fans are complaining that the series is childish, or unrealistic, or even cringy. I really think that despite its faults, it is a fun and exciting show! Just wanted to hear everyone's opinions. 

I agree w the Korean fans that there is a couple of rather silly incidents eg the one of park shin hye sitting calmly on top of the train and no one noticed her?? They never showed how she got away and I rolled my eyes at this particular scene. Nonetheless the main plot is different enough from the usual k dramas and to be honest, I am really watching it coz it’s CSW helming it! Haha he’s my bias! 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1