[Drama 2021] Sisyphus: The Myth, 시지프스: the myth

0ly40

17 hours ago, ilovenico said:

It’s so nice to see our fav CSW play a character so different from the Stranger and Life characters. And I love it even more that Tae In Ho is playing his trusty aide in this drama - wonder if these two actors are also close in real life. 

I am puzzled- can anyone tell me why PSH character went to look for CSW when her dad told her specifically not to? Just too strange for her to go against what her dad told her to.

Looking forward to the next episode! 

Hello 

Yes, finished watching Ep 1.

Yes, I am also puzzled why PSH insist on looking for CSW.

Hope the coming episodes shed some light.

And I lol when she ate the banana without peeling off the skin.

19 hours ago, milanese8 said:

Tae Sool is a genius, he seems to own a lot, but he has already lost something important in his life, he wants to find the person back; Seo Hae is a worrior, she has lost imprortant person in her life, she wants to find the old world back to save the one she loves. Not just save the world, but the world of her own. Will they succeed? Let's wait and see.

Tae Sool has a hallucinationhe could see his dead brother, and talk to him but the dead brother didn't exist in the world at all.

He takes several pills, such as Risperidone and Amisulpride, both are antipsychotics; he also takes DiaZepatn and Zolpidem to fall asleep. But his symptoms don't improve at all. Why?

He is punishing himself. He almost "killed"his brother, if only Tae Sool waited to talk with his brother that day, he would have survived, wouldn't he?  The thought lingers in his mind, he regrets all the time, he couldn't forgive himself, so the hallucination came out, played a role, as if his brother was still alive.

The journey to find his brother or save him is a journey to free Tae Sool. He has to do it so he could have a chance to go back to his own world.

I think CSW feels guilty for his brother death, that is why he is taking those drugs to ease his pain and sufferings.

• Like 6

[Making] Behind the scenes of Taesul's plane /  Seohae's train- Cho Seung-woo x Park Shin-hye first appearance! | SISYPHUS

Imagen

Imagen

[메이킹] 태술이는 비행기  서해는 기차  조승우x박신혜 첫 등장씬 비하인드! | 시지프스 SISYPHUS

18 feb. 2021

네이버티비 https://tv.naver.com/v/18567063

• Like 4
  • Love 4

@kdramagrandma I have a feeling that Tae-Sul got something to do with Seo-Hae's mom's life. Maybe that's why she still searching for him eventhough her father forbids her.

Although this drama might be off in terms of logic/science, I think I still can accept it as long as the story and plot make sense. not everyday we get Sci-fi Kdrama.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Feb 18, 2021,04:53pm EST|233 views

Mysterious Beings Chase Park Shin-Hye And Cho Seung-Woo In ‘Sisyphus’

Park Shin-hye plays a fierce warrior from the future in 'Sisyphus: The Myth.'

Park Shin-hye plays a fierce warrior from the future in 'Sisyphus: The Myth.'

NETFLIX

Time travel is a popular sci-fi theme because it’s tempting to think that changing the past would improve the present. Even if time travel were possible—as it is in the k-drama sci-fi thriller Sisyphus: The Myth—fixing the past is not likely to be simple. In the JTBC drama Park Shin-hye plays the well-intentioned time traveler Kang Seo-hae. She lives in a hellish future that was reportedly set on course by the actions of a single man, Han Tae-seul, played by Cho Seung-woo. So, when Seo-hae arrives in the present, without shoes and carrying a mysterious suitcase, she wants to start looking for him and fix the future. Yet she’s pursued by mysterious beings and, despite her warrior skills, has to hide.

The mysterious beings may also be after Tae-seul. Someone is so desperate to kill Tae-seul, they are willing to sacrifice a plane full of people to do so, and possibly take out a section of Seoul. Luckily Tae-seul is very smart. He’s a genius engineer, whose achievements have landed him on the cover of Forbes and he is capable of McGyvering a damaged airplane with duct tape. But he’s also very troubled, haunted by the death of his brother, who tried unsuccessfully to warn him about some mysterious beings. After refusing to believe his brother’s warnings, Tae-seul feels responsible for his death. To calm his anxiety and guilt, he takes an unhealthy collection of tranquilizers and mood-stabilizing prescription drugs.

Cho Seung-woo tries to unravel a mystery in 'Sisyphus: The Myth.'

Cho Seung-woo tries to unravel a mystery in 'Sisyphus: The Myth.'

NETFLIX

cr: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2021/02/18/mysterious-beings-chase-park-shin-hye-and-cho-seung-woo-in-sisyphus/?sh=b6fa65a56bc5

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Imagen

Imagen

#ELLE케미공작소 #조승우 #박신혜
아니 세상에... 서로 이런 것까지 안다고요? TMI 케미스트리의 최강자들 등판!❣️JTBC 드라마 #시지프스 의 두 주인공 조승우와 박신혜가 서로를 인터뷰합니다.

✔️조승우가 박신혜의 액션 연기를 보자마자 내뱉은 감탄사는? 박신혜가 밝힌 조승우의 모닝 루틴? 풀버전은 <엘르> 유튜브에서 확인하세요! @ssinz7

Film Director 정보경(FILMBYTEAM)
Features Editor 전혜진

———
Cho Seung Woo & Park Shin Hye from #SISYPHUS:THEMYTH talk about their chemistry! Check out the full video at ELLE Youtube!

https://instagram.com/p/CLbzNZ4AWKs/?igshid=1s6w9vhqud86b

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I am overwhelmed by the number of mysteries and details hidden in all the scenes!
And I'm already half wrong about the assumptions I made before...

You can see on the BTS all the sensuality of Park Shin Hye on the roof of the train. I don't know why she relaxes like that and whether she will travel back in time afterwards, but in any case, this scene was visually very good. One more cult scene to add to this drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, ilovenico said:

It’s so nice to see our fav CSW play a character so different from the Stranger and Life characters. And I love it even more that Tae In Ho is playing his trusty aide in this drama - wonder if these two actors are also close in real life. 

I am puzzled- can anyone tell me why PSH character went to look for CSW when her dad told her specifically not to? Just too strange for her to go against what her dad told her to.

I believe Tae In Ho is CSW's best friend.   They appeared in many kdramas together.

I am going to throw out a theory lol.  Seo Tae Hae knows the name Han Tae Sul from her father, it's linked to her family and her fate somehow.  She heard his name from the news of the plane crash that evening.  As soon as she registered the name, her image fizzle and she collapsed...perhaps a time quantum thingy event signifies the future meets the present.  LOL My guess is so wild.  Tae Hae knows that a lot of people in the future travels back in time looking for Tae Sul, their presence is the suitcase that they each carry. I think this is why she wanted to phone Tae Sul right away to warn him not to open suitcases to prevent him from changing the future inadvertently... which obviously changes her and her family's fate.  Her trip was arranged through a broker by her father to reset her life so she must avoid meeting him.  She plans to follow her father's instructions but also need to prevent Tae Sul from changing her future self.

=======

Hello Hello everyone.  I see some familiar names here. wave @nrllee.  Coming from watching Stranger 2, I enjoy seeing CSW emote, esp his slick and smooth talking glib.  A good change, somehow I feel Tae sul exudes a lot of the real CSW's personality. :D -- @pompyavi@larus@taeunfighting  are you watching? 

Only saw E1.  First thing to get off my chest.  I am no physicist, no quantum engineering... so my appreciation for this drama comes from pure adrenaline story telling of sci fi genre. 

I appreciate all of your intelligent discussion about the technical and physics stuffs!  I am in this for the storyline, the two leads and just pure entertainment.  Soooooo what things bugged me so far.  The camera angle, the cinematography (excessive use of drone) and those awful close ups of the characters.  For the love of God, please stop with the extreme angles, I can see CSW's pores on his face sitting on my couch.  Not necessary to drive the point.  The man is a good actor, he micromanage his expressions in Stranger and he does fine here (sometimes a little overdramatic) so we need not to spoon feed the audience Tae Sul's emotions. :lol:  I also don't love the tone and overall aesthetics of the drama so far... it's no "When The Weather Is Fine" I get but I wish there were more constraint and thoughts going into the visuals from cinematography standpoint.  It's not as slick and sophisticated as I expect, maybe I am used to western style of the genre.

Whewww..... sorry for the above.  That said, the story is fun so far.  I like the dynamics of PSH and CSW.  I will let some logics go at this point as long as they rein them in as the drama settles.  The first two episodes often are attention grabber,  it takes 4-6 episodes to truly judge the drama's direction and potential for me.

Have to watch E2 to comment more.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

@bedifferent How you have been? 

I watched both ep 1 and 2. As of now I am not hooked to the storyline yet. The plot lacks something but I don't know what :sweatingbullets:?? I think many noticed that the plane crashing scene was overdone. Simple things were neglected like contacting the control tower. The simple things stand out the most. @Sleepy Owl the whole 3.5 minute stint was actually about 5 minutes. And how good the network was to have such a good quality video call.. I need that kind of network service :D.  Apart from the transition between different scenes the scene where Seo Hae was relaxing at the top of the train was so cliche.. wonder where and why did the drone vanish???

The only good things I liked in ep 1 were the scenes between Eddy Kim/Tae Sul and Tae San/Tae sul. 

Spoiler

Like wise in ep 2 also.. getting DNA from ashes.. the fight scene was going good and then suddenly the guys from control bureau couldn't land a single shot. Aren't they supposed to be trained??? Some of the guys wearing mask and some don't confuse me..

I feel the plot has potential but the writing is off and the director seems to use cliche for some scenes. Hope it does not turn out to be a mess.

34 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I am going to throw out a theory lol.  Seo Tae Hae knows the name Han Tae Sul from her father, it's linked to her family and her fate somehow.  She heard his name from the news of the plane crash that evening.  As soon as she registered the name, her image fizzle and she collapsed...perhaps a time quantum thingy event signifies the future meets the presence.  LOL My guess is so wild.  Tae Hae knows that a lot of people in the future are traveling back in time looking for Tae Sul, their presence is the suitcase that they each carry. I think this is why she wanted to phone Tae Sul right away to warn him not to open suitcases to prevent him from changing the future inadvertently... which obviously changes her and her family's fate.

I believe this is not Seo Hae's first time traveling to past. She had a diary with events noted. In ep 2 we got a glimpse that she and Tae sul know each other. Also there's a number tagged in her arm before she traveled. Don't know what that signifies?? Serial number of travelers?? Also how could a living body flicker, does not matter what amount of radioactive particle you carry within you. Is she being pulled in her timeline?? Or does she belong to a branch timeline and some kind of wormhole is trying to skew the timelines?? I hope they will answer these things..

13 hours ago, LingLing_Wannabe said:

really liked the first two episodes, and will be continuing the entire series. A lot of international fans have shared that they love it so far. However. However. A lot of Korean fans are complaining that the series is childish, or unrealistic, or even cringy. I really think that despite its faults, it is a fun and exciting show! Just wanted to hear everyone's opinions. 

To be honest.. I too felt that. Not the whole episodes but few scenes. May be I am more used to dark and serious tones of scifi

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Woah, the action scenes in Episode 2 are totally cool. I like the fight scene that happened in the apartment. They didn't cut away during the action. It was all one shot. Also, I like that Park Shin Hye did a superhero landing. Deadpool would be proud.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

The first 2 episodes were fine in my opinion, apart from some WTH moments, especially the airplane scene where the ML said he they have 3.5 minutes to deal with it or else there is not much hope, and then he went on to have a video call, had his will recorded, spoke how he went out with his friend's ex-Gf when she broke up with him and blah blah. All was supposed to be done in 3.5 minutes, and as @pompyavi chingu pointed out, it was about 5 minutes long, I think it could be longer. Not really sure about it. I was losing my mind there. At the same time, the least they could have shown the connection with the control tower was disrupted or broken. I mean they could have shown him try to connect with them, that is the first thing he had to do. 

The second one well, I too found it odd how the drone suddenly disappeared. Did that team didn't properly charge their drone? :joy:

The fight scene was really good, and well, we had the FL do a super hero landing too. At least one dude could have shot her or the guy with her. I mean I would have been fine, if a bullet would have scratched past either of them.

Other than that, the plot seems interesting, and I was ready for some WTH moments when I decided to watch this drama, since such dramas do have WTH moments, but the airplane scene was a major WTH moment which I would not really expect from any drama. Whenever someone sets a time like "this needs to be done in this much time" and if it is short, I actually check it. I was too lazy to check it yesterday, but knew it was well above 3.5 minutes. I love it when these kind of small details are actually accurate, like in Kairos, when the call between the FL and ML was supposed to be 1 minute, it never crossed more than 1 minute (at least the ones I checked while watching). 

Let's hope the plot will be interesting, and have less WTH moments. 

On another note, Chingus, please reach out if you have suggestions for poll questions for this drama. You can DM me or just tag me in this thread, I would recommend the former one though :heartxoxo:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Hey @bedifferent and @pompyavi :).  We meet again.  I am still a bit tentative about this whole sci-fi thing.  After the disappointment that was Alice I just stayed away from this genre.  I did try Space Sweepers and I enjoyed it.  And for CSW I will try anything.  But I agree with many here who think a lot of the scenes seem overdone.  Sigh.  I am trying very hard to get on board.  I will keep going for a few more eps, if only to see if the whole time travel story makes sense.  It’s such a hard genre to get right.

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

believe this is not Seo Hae's first time traveling to past. She had a diary with events noted. In ep 2 we got a glimpse that she and Tae sul know each other. Also there's a number tagged in her arm before she traveled. Don't know what that signifies?? Serial number of travelers?? Also how could a living body flicker, does not matter what amount of radioactive particle you carry within you. Is she being pulled in her timeline?? Or does she belong to a branch timeline and some kind of wormhole is trying to skew the timelines?? I hope they will answer these things..

I agree about this not being her first time.  I guess that ties in with the whole Sisyphean concept (repeating the same thing over and over again).  If she relies on the diary, does it mean her memory gets wiped with the time travel?  Which is why she needs the diary to jog her memory?  But wouldn’t you keep a more detailed journal though?  Not just dot points?  I believe the flickering is significant and your wormhole or timelines crossing seems plausible.  If her memory is wiped then that would explain why she didn’t follow any of her father’s 3 rules?  Start running, don’t trust or talk to anyone and stay away from Han TaeSul?  But if she’s done this a few times and she knows her memories would be wiped then shouldn’t she have written down those rules by her dad?  :lol:

EDIT - O @Sleepy Owl is on board too.  Should be a fun ride.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I agree about this not being her first time.  I guess that ties in with the whole Sisyphean concept (repeating the same thing over and over again).  If she relies on the diary, does it mean her memory gets wiped with the time travel?  Which is why she needs the diary to jog her memory?  But wouldn’t you keep a more detailed journal though?  Not just dot points?  I believe the flickering is significant and your wormhole or timelines crossing seems plausible.  If her memory is wiped then that would explain why she didn’t follow any of her father’s 3 rules?  Start running, don’t trust talk to anyone and stay away from Han TaeSul?  But if she’s done this a few times and she knows her memories would be wiped then shouldn’t she have written down those rules by her dad?

@nrllee hello. Exactly my thoughts. Memory getting wiped would explain why she did not know how to eat bananas :P

8 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I am still a bit tentative about this whole sci-fi thing.  After the disappointment that was Alice I just stayed away from this genre.  I did try Space Sweepers and I enjoyed it.  And for CSW I will try anything.  But I agree with many here who think a lot of the scenes seem overdone.  Sigh.  I am trying very hard to get on board.  I will keep going for a few more eps, if only to see if the whole time travel story makes sense.  It’s such a hard genre to get right.

As far as I know JTBC has changed it to mystery fantasy. It is not a sci-fi. So, I am not expecting scientific accuracies but atleast I hope they do follow their own made rules. Otherwise it may follow the same path as Alice. I am more used to serious and heavy tones when it comes to sci-fi genre.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@pompyavione thing did bother me about the “bird strike” (or TaeSan strike).  When a hole like that happens, everything gets sucked out because there’s sudden cabin decompression.  That’s where you get passengers sucked out or pilots sucked out when it happens in real life?  And that didn’t exactly happen in the drama?  It just looked like air was blowing into the cabin.  So that kinda bugged me.  Yes I have nightmares that it will happen whenever I am on a plane.  Watched too many AirCrash investigations. :lol:

eg

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/british-airways-pilot-saved-from-being-sucked-out-of-plane/news-story/9e702c626df361410b2062634669000f

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

As far as I know JTBC has changed it to mystery fantasy. It is not a sci-fi. So, I am not expecting scientific accuracies but atleast I hope they do follow their own made rules. Otherwise it may follow the same path as Alice. I am more used to serious and heavy tones when it comes to sci-fi genre.

At least, for most of the things happening, Alice did give scientific theories and the events happening could be related to them, it went off track in between though, but still remained consistent with many theories. For this, how much I wish they could have done the same and remained sci-fi, giving some proper reasonings for something happening. Now they can actually get away with anything which would be impossible. 

16 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I agree about this not being her first time.  I guess that ties in with the whole Sisyphean concept (repeating the same thing over and over again).  If she relies on the diary, does it mean her memory gets wiped with the time travel?  Which is why she needs the diary to jog her memory?  But wouldn’t you keep a more detailed journal though?  Not just dot points?  I believe the flickering is significant and your wormhole or timelines crossing seems plausible.  If her memory is wiped then that would explain why she didn’t follow any of her father’s 3 rules?  Start running, don’t trust or talk to anyone and stay away from Han TaeSul?  But if she’s done this a few times and she knows her memories would be wiped then shouldn’t she have written down those rules by her dad?  :lol:

EDIT - O @Sleepy Owl is on board too.  Should be a fun ride.

Hey there Chingu, hopefully it will be fun ride, happy to be on board with you all. 

I think her recent memories are still there (she didn't answer the guy much but her hunger took over her and she spoke to him), and the reason she tried to contact Tae Sul is maybe she wants to break the cycle, "if he opens the bag, everything will repeat" and so on. Maybe her previous memories, like the older ones or better say from past travels, are wiped to some extent. Like, nothing would happen if she travels to this dimension but if she travels back, it erases her memory.  

• Like 6
    • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, nrllee said:

one thing did bother me about the “bird strike” (or TaeSan strike).  When a hole like that happens, everything gets sucked out because there’s sudden cabin decompression.  That’s where you get passengers sucked out or pilots sucked out when it happens in real life?  And that didn’t exactly happen in the drama?  It just looked like air was blowing into the cabin.  So that kinda bugged me.  Yes I have nightmares that it will happen whenever I am on a plane.  Watched too many AirCrash investigations.

I can write a whole essay on that. But I won't otherwise I might come off as a hater. The whole plane crashing scene was a mess. I am not sure whether it was Tae San though. It looked Tae San from Tae Sul's point of view. My guess is there will be branch timelines. Everytime they try to change something a new time branch will be created. Otherwise if either Seo hae or Tae sul dies in any timeline, how that will work out then? It will only be possible if the events are already in a loop like Tenet. Also does Seo Hae previously comes to past and then she and Tae sul fell in love or did she originally belong to tae sul's timeline. If it is the latter then there will be two Seo hae's currently. Hope it is not the latter because if that is not handled properly it will get messy

• Like 4
    • Blob 2

Suppose TaeSan and Seo Hae were from the future world called M,  they came the R world where Tae Sool lived, both carried the suitcases, with a number printed on the arms. The transferred agency may be called "Upload",  Seo Hae came without danger, but TaeSan was just the opposite. When he was downloading, something went wrong. So where was he?

The telephone from unknown agency told Tae Sool they had a deal with TaeSan, what price should he pay for?

TaeSan always set the same password for any lock to use, the number came from Tae Sool's birthday, it meant he was very honest to Tae Sool; on the contrary, Tae Sool's house was heavily guarded,symbolizing his heart closed tightly, that's why he got a hallucination.

Edited by milanese8
    something wrong
    • Like 4
    • Blob 2