Jin Ze Hao as Dan Zhigang
Shao Feng as Qiu Shan
Pan Yi Yi
Li Yi Xiao as Yi Zu
Zhang Ding Han
Wang Guan
Yu Yuan

Synopsis:

In 1947, Reverend Qiushan killed the demoness Si Teng in the town Hu Shang Zhen. Before her death, the corners of her mouth turned up in a strange smile as if she had been relieved of a heavy burden.

In 2013, Qin Fang and his fiancee headed to the western part of China, Nang Qian, in search of his ancestor’s benefactor. When his car went off a cliff, a sharp stake at the bottom went through his heart and his dripping blood revived the long-buried demoness underground. Claiming to be Si Teng who died in 1937, she forced Qin Fang to be under her control to play a game of revenge. Qin Fang tried all ways and means to break free of Si Teng’s control but as he treaded the painstaking path of revenge, he gradually realized his fate had been arranged more than seventy years ago...

Cr @bluehibiscus

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Rattan 司藤 Viki Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

Whaaat?! I had no idea this novel is being turned into a drama! I purchased the novels a while back but forgot about it due to crazy work and wanted to read a bit of a creepy story as Halloween approaches. Thus, I am reading book 1 right now and Si Tang is such a great character. The novel so far is good - keeps you guessing and definitely not so predictable.

I don’t follow Jing Tian at all and have only seen her in the terrible film with Matt Damon so in my head I can’t imagine her as Si Teng. Bin Bin as Qin Fang is OK I think. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2019 at 12:00 AM, stella77 said:

Whaaat?! I had no idea this novel is being turned into a drama! I purchased the novels a while back but forgot about it due to crazy work and wanted to read a bit of a creepy story as Halloween approaches. Thus, I am reading book 1 right now and Si Tang is such a great character. The novel so far is good - keeps you guessing and definitely not so predictable.

I don’t follow Jing Tian at all and have only seen her in the terrible film with Matt Damon so in my head I can’t imagine her as Si Teng. Bin Bin as Qin Fang is OK I think. 

Bin bin is OK? Lol... I am actually upset he has been delegated again to these kinds of role where he only seems to be an accessory to the female lead. I guess I have to read the novel to understand. Is it available i  english online?

Hi @sugarplum892 

I read the book’s synopsis in Baidu and there are some discrepancies in Dramawiki so I have done another translation.

1946年,天师道长丘山于沪上镇杀女妖司藤,临死前,司藤嘴角现出一抹如释重负的诡异微笑。
2013年,男子秦放携未婚妻前往西部囊千寻找一位祖上的恩人,车毁坠崖,崖底的尖桩刺透心脏,滴落的血复活了长埋地下的女妖。
她自称司藤,卒于1937年,逼秦放听从自己驱使,要下一局复仇的好棋。
秦放千方百计想脱离司藤的控制,但抽丝剥茧的复仇路上,他渐渐发现,自己的命运,早在七十余年前,就已经有了安排…… 

In 1947, Reverend Qiushan killed the demoness Si Teng in the town Hu Shang Zhen. Before her death, the corners of her mouth turned up in a strange smile as if she had been relieved of a heavy burden.

In 2013, Qin Fang and his fiancee headed to the western part of China, Nang Qian, in search of his ancestor’s benefactor. When his car went off a cliff, a sharp stake at the bottom went through his heart and his dripping blood revived the long-buried demoness underground. Claiming to be Si Teng who died in 1937, she forced Qin Fang to be under her control to play a game of revenge. Qin Fang tried all ways and means to break free of Si Teng’s control but as he treaded the painstaking path of revenge, he gradually realised his fate had been arranged more than seventy years ago...

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Rattan 司藤
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wow... this is giving me Twilight vibe... it may not be as good as the book because of censorship. From trailer subs,,, looks like they turned her into an alien instead of a halfdemon due to censorship. We wil see how Zhang Binbin and Jing Tian can pull this off. I am not sure about Zhang Binbin's range yet... although I know he can be hot as hell when he chooses... Youku timeline showing a March to April release. What do you think of teh trailer so far?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, English Tofu said:

wow... this is giving me Twilight vibe... it may not be as good as the book because of censorship. From trailer subs,,, looks like they turned her into an alien instead of a halfdemon due to censorship. We wil see how Zhang Binbin and Jing Tian can pull this off. I am not sure about Zhang Binbin's range yet... although I know he can be hot as hell when he chooses...

I haven't read the novel, and I'm not aware of any censorship issues.

As for Zhang binbin, imo he did really well in the kings woman and the flame's daughter. 

29 minutes ago, English Tofu said:

Youku timeline showing a March to April release. What do you think of teh trailer so far?

Good to know, thanks! So far, the trailer looks promising. I'm really looking forwad to this drama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, English Tofu said:

oh my god... I’m screaming right now.... is it confirmed for English subbed streaming anywhere?

why is this not under Vin Zhang’s thread drama list? 

check viki and/or youku for subs. ;) 

"YoYo English Channel" on youtube will also sub this drama upon release. 

• Like 1

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Rattan 司藤

Omg, Youtube recommended me the trailer and I watched it and it looks sooo goood! I'm hyped up to watch but I'll wait a few more weeks so that there's more episodes.

I'm confused why they want to kill her -- is she really a demon? Because she and her powers are so beautiful. :sparklyeyes:

• Like 3