[Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

0ly40

1 hour ago, cherriesblue said:

I dunno why Ahreum didnt want Doldam peeps to know she is related to In Beom, but anyway, In Beom just went along with it.  

Perhaps because she doesnt wanna be labeled as "rich". Hence her explanation that her father is even a school teacher. And also perhaps the reason of Eun Tak's reaction when he heard that he's related to In Beom. He might have thought their social-economic gap. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

WAHHHHH THAT WAS THE BEST ENDING EP!!!!

EEEEEE ALL THE FEELS! From EJ & WJ epic kiss, President's farewell, the cutest KSB pre-surgery scene EVER! Dimples galore, puppppppy eyes, PMG redemption, Bad guy tantrums... it had it all, I love this so much!!

I'm going to have withdrawals, can I go to the Doldrum ER for that??? :tears:

PS. Who else was annoyed that Traitor McTraitface Dr Yang got to keep his job grrrr!!

• Like 1

Andwwwweeee!! I can't believe that time flies so fast. I can't bring myself to watch the last episode even though my VIU app has been pinging me. I will really miss the warm family of Doldam. This drama is really beautifully made - I applaud the hardworking writer, producers, staff and actors for really bringing each character to life. It's going to be so hard to let go of the whole Doldam fam, especially Kim Sabu (ok maybe even Park Min Guk) and the fact that all of the actors seemed so sad as well that this ended is so heartwarming. They really loved their roles as well!

I can't help but think that Season 3 is a possibility. They dropped so many hints and Han Suk Kyu himself mentioned it at the wrap party and Sung Kyung posted about it in her Instagram (which is her only highlight in her profile) and of course, the high high ratings this received.

My heart can't take it. :bawling:

P.S. Saw on Instagram stories that the actors won't push through with their reward vacation which is supposedly tomorrow due to the Coronavirus. I hope they can still hangout some time!! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kaqueski said:

Behind the scenes of final episode :3 including the kissing scene :3 

SWJ seems so focused and into the kisses hehehe 

CEJ seems abit shy awww

Loved everything that lead up to their “first” kissss!! :wub:

Will definitely miss these 2 huhuhu

From SWJ‘s strong gazes, glassy eyes and tears to

CEJ’s beautiful face and how her voice can change to be so soft and gentle.

Her  “huh” when she was convincing SWJ to stay on will forever be etched in my mind.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos, thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Argh... why did CEJ go at the ending scene when everyone was waiting for first patients? Sigh....

Why didnt she made any contacts to WJ after 2 days, you cant be that busy that you can even call... and WJ ah, u said u will go and find her if she didnt return after 3 days but u didnt and became miserable... for 10days, hahaha

I would have wish that they have a better ending scenes than just the forehead kiss before she went to Seoul.

Im glad to see AHS's IG first picture is of them together! Screamssss.... hahah... did i mentioned i love the fact that he also wrote in english too so his his English reader fans like myself can read it! Thanks AHS!

Yes the drama needs a 3rd season with more love lines between SWJ and CEJ... i havent watch season 1 but planning to after this.

As Dr Yoon and Nurse Park might have a new drama, i hope AHS and LSK will also have another drama together. Fingers crossed!

Thank you everyone for the recap and discussions! Until the next drama! :wub:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, corey said:

KSB has Multiple Sclerosis (he has not denied it, he said that he is controlling it with medication)

O so I guessed right? It wasn’t just Carpal

Tunnel Syndrome?  MS is notoriously hard to diagnose and often masquerades as other conditions until it’s finally found out.  I was reading previous comments which implied it was something his nemesis was trying to pin on him but he seemed to say it was just run of the mill CTS.

I can binge watch at leisure now that it’s finished. 

• Like 2

Finally, the day has come, and I'm (again) suffering withdrawal syndrome whenever I'm in love with a drama. I've been rooting for DRTK since season 1, and I really love how they simply just talk about humanity and doctor's life rather than focusing too much on dramatic aspects like loveline. It's like a family series in the setting of a hospital, so besides of love, you can see rivalry, frenemies, royalty, sisterhood, brotherhood, familyhood, teamwork, and all above of that, the lectures that Kim sabu teaches his students how to be a doctor by heart, helps them overcome their weakness and be more mature. These lessons are not just for them, but they can be applicable for everyone. Sometimes I see myself in that too. Therefore, it's hard for me to leave the drama like this, especially this season is way too short compared to season 1.

My feeling for another season is getting stronger based on the hints they dropped on some recent episodes: the comeback of In Bum, the collaboration of Dr. Park and Kim Sabu, President Do still there, the trauma center, and the signaling of Seo Jung and Dong Joo coming back from their things. I think season 3 is already decided, they just need time to develop a better story to fit every character.

My hope for season 3 is having all the cast from S1 an S2, but it seems impossible not only because of the cost of production, but also their schedule and how they decide who leads who. Kim sabu's definitely the heart of the series, but imagine YSJ, KDJ, DIB, SWJ, EUJ in the same drama and they are also talented and important doctors, wow that would be a bomb, metaphorically and literally. But my heart still wants all of them in season 3, put the image of Doldam squad be more visible. I think season 3 will be more political, based of what Dr. Park told Kim sabu in the last episode: "There has to be politics, are you ok with that?". I think they will make the "romance" as a weapon to fight with politics, which highlight the motto of the series.

Some of my thoughts about this season:

- Don't get me wrong, I like this season, but it's a little bit rush to me, and some of the cases it seems "forced" to be solved. Compared to season 1, everything is closed and opened perfectly and smoothly. I don't see it in this season.

- Many characters that have less chance to tell their story. Maybe they leave it for another season, Idk, but I'm still curious about Dr. Yoon, I want to know more about Nurse Park since he dropped something related to his past (the eps with the criminal needing a kidney transplant). I also want to know more about Dr. Nam and his restaurant. His restaurant mainly disappeared in this season, which is sad because I see it as one of the place Doldam peeps can hold on to sometimes. If Doldam hospital is the brain, Dr. Nam's restaurant would be the heart. I want to see more Dr. Bae too. He's still mysterious in some way, and I like every time he shows up, there's always a soundtrack that reminds me something magical heehee.

- I'm kinda disappointed how they distribute the main plot kinda revolves around Woojin mainly, and Cha Eun Jae plays the least role in that. She was announced as a main female lead, but I don't see her contribution to the main conflict of Doldam hospital. She is always the last to know everything (Kim sabu hands situation, VIP boy's death), has no connection to some important people like President Do, former President Yeo. She's not even assigned to know about the Oddballs project, which makes me think she might be not in next season as a part of the project. Her role here is kinda a supporting role for Woojin character's development, so I'm confused why she was called as the female lead. Maybe I interpret her arc wrong, but now that's all I can see. Even the last scene she was not in the ER room, whereas Dr. Jung, Dr. Yoon, even Dr. Park were there. S1 they focused on the main leads so well, that's why YSJ, KDJ, DIB stand out so much because they are the "oddballs". This season, only Woo Jin stands out, and he was reaffirmed by Kim sabu that he's one of the "oddballs". I highly doubt that writer-nim will put Eun Jae again in the plot if they outcast her role like that.

- I don't know anything about medical term, but I've seen some post discussing about Kim sabu diagnosis MS as an unacceptable thing for him to continue as a surgeon. I think that's why Kim sabu is rushing to find somebody to take over his position, and this season is kinda a "recruiting" season, and the next one will be the "operating" season since he seems to have enough people to help him already? I don't know, that's just my thought about the detail of the MS note.

Sorry again for going this long. I just have a lot of things to say since I cannot see the Doldam peeps on Mon and Tue anymore. I hope this thread will still be active until we get the announcement of launching season 3. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

8 hours ago, corey said:

I just finished last episode. I only have one comment because I am speechless.

KSB has Multiple Sclerosis (he has not denied it, he said that he is controlling it with medication) and most people seem to love the ending????

As far as I am concerned I take back everything I said about wanting Season 3.

I know when I saw it was MS i freaked out as the possibility of s3 is going to be slim and even more slim with the chance of KSB. Seeing KSB and the Doldam staff bid president Yeo farewell and granting his honourable death is like foreshadowing that something serious will happen to KSB. I know its just a paper scribbled diagnosis that SWJ wrote but KSB didnt deny it. Im just hoping it is something else as I know MS is hard to diagnose so @nrllee Im glad your back, how did you guess this possibility lol!

Maybe it will take another 4 yrs till we see s3. S1 was 2016 and s2 was 2020. Hopefully we get S1 and S2 casts and crew back for s3. Though production cost is gonna skyrocket lol! But dam the ratings will def hit over the 30% mark

ERv3rdYU4AAYZCn?format=jpg&name=medium

ERv7lteUYAMwVQy?format=jpg&name=medium

Just some updates - follow title links to read the articles

Reward trip has been cancelled. Stay safe all.

“Dr. Romantic 2” Cast To No Longer Go On Reward Vacation Due To Coronavirus Concerns

Kim Min Jae On Love Line With So Ju Yeon In “Dr. Romantic 2,” Meeting Ahn Hyo Seop As Trainees, And More

OMG!! the actors want s3 too :joy::love::thumbsup: and I love how our dimple couple *cough,cough* good real life friends would GET TOGETHER to "discuss" what to post on their IG :heart: :joy:

Spoiler

Kim Min Jae talked about his latest drama “Dr. Romantic 2”!

Recently, Kim Min Jae starred in SBS’s “Dr. Romantic 2” as nurse Park Eun Tak. Following the conclusion of the drama, Kim Min Jae sat down for interviews through which he talked about the project and his close relationship with the cast.

On the drama’s success and high ratings, Kim Min Jae shared that although he didn’t necessarily expect such results, he hoped many people would tune in because it is a drama that can relay positive messages. He said, “After season one ended, I had the thought that I wanted to do season two if it happened. I got to do season two, and it was definitely really great.” Kim Min Jae also revealed that the difference between the two seasons was that filming the surgery scenes for season two felt more fast-paced as the actors had already gone through a trial and error period through the first season.

Kim-Min-Jae.jpg

Kim Min Jae also talked about the potential for a third season, saying, “I personally am hoping that there will be a third season. I was so happy while filming. It was such a rewarding project, so if I receive an offer to star in a third season, I think I will definitely do it. Although there has been no detailed discussion about season three yet, [the actors] are always asking for it, saying, ‘We want to do season three.'” He added, “I think it is a great blessing to be able to film a drama that is this fun as an actor. What’s fascinating is that I think all the actors felt that. I definitely want to do a third season.”

kim-min-jae-1.jpg

Since three years passed since the first season, Kim Min Jae pointed out that many cast members returned as more experienced actors, including himself. He explained that he felt happy to see the familiar faces of the senior actors he had acted with in the past, saying, “I felt the warm feeling of returning home after having done a lot of work to hear, ‘You’re back?’ I was really happy while filming [the drama] as a result.”

On his portrayal of his character for the new season, Kim Min Jae said, “I didn’t try to show a new side [of my character]. I think what was important was that although three years had passed, he was still in [the same] position at the same place,” adding that he wanted to portray his character naturally.

Kim-Min-Jae-4.jpg

When talking about memorable scenes from the drama, Kim Min Jae picked the scene in which Oh Myung Shim (Jin Kyung) apologized to Seo Woo Jin (Ahn Hyo Seop) and the sweet romantic scenes he filmed with Yoon Ah Reum (So Ju Yeon).

On his chemistry with the other actors, Kim Min Jae shared that it was awkward and funny working with Ahn Hyo Seop, who he has known since he was 18 when they were idol trainees. He explained, “I never imagined that we would meet in the same drama.”

Kim-Min-Jae-5.jpg

Due to his close relationship with So Ju Yeon and the sweet photos they posted together on Instagram, many viewers commented that the two felt like an actual couple. On this, Kim Min Jae said, “After seeing the response, the people on set jokingly said, ‘Good luck, you two. Aren’t you two dating?’ but I was thankful because it meant we acted that well, and she was a really good [acting] partner.”

He continued, “We are close friends. We took photos to encourage people to tune in, so we just took them while discussing, ‘What should we post this week?'”

The actor also mentioned reuniting with Yang Se Jong from season one through the same project three years later. He said, “After season one ended, we contacted each other and met up from time to time,” adding that he had a lot of fun filming with Yang Se Jong.

“Dr. Romantic 2” Main Cast Says Goodbye To Their Drama + Talks About Possible Season 3

Nawww these 2 are so cute, what a great sunbae Dr Do was for Dr Seo

Watch: Yang Se Jong Returns To Dol Dam Hospital In “Dr. Romantic 2” + Reunites With “30 But 17” Co-Star Ahn Hyo Seop

I'll definetly watch his next project - Actor "Kim Joo Hun FIGHTING!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

I know its just a paper scribbled diagnosis that SWJ wrote but KSB didnt deny it. Im just hoping it is something else as I know MS is hard to diagnose so @nrllee Im glad your back, how did you guess this possibility lol!

Because KSB was concerned.  I watched the scene where his hand spasmed at the start of the op and I could see he was worried.  That coupled with his contingency plans of a handover meant that he was floating other differential diagnoses through that brilliant brain of his.  Usually what happens when a doctor is presented with symptoms is they come up with a list of differentials (potential diagnoses) and then they run tests and procedures to tick them off the list.  MS has no definitive test where you can pinpoint the disease.  It’s a diagnosis by exclusion.  So generally what happens is that the patient will undergo a barrage of tests, treatments to prove the patient doesn’t have the other diseases on the list and when they are all crossed out and the patient still isn’t getting better, you decide...well...The most likely thing is MS then.  MRI can help find brain lesions.  So I think he may still NOT have it but he definitely hasn’t ruled it out.  He may well wait to see if the CTS treatment alleviates the symptoms.  If so then he could well NOT have it. MS is something that waxes and wanes and progressively gets worse.  So I am not sure how well he would be able to perform surgery reliably if he does have it.  The good thing is that it’s usually very slow progressing.  So I can’t see why he can’t perform some duties howbeit in a reduced capacity.  Maybe even sit as Doldam Administrator/President with the view to continue mentoring young doctors and providing second opinions?  The wonderful thing about KSB is that he knows where his limitations are and patients are his uppermost concern so MS or not he will soldier on to the best of his ability and keep on giving in whatever capacity that he can without endangering their lives.  There’s a lesson in that. Life may throw you curveballs but you work with what you have to the best of your abilities.  That’s a life well lived. :)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

3 minutes ago, corey said:

Thank you at least for this sliver of hope. Otherwise I will not watch season 3 even if there is one. Life is too horrible in itself to watch a beloved , if ficticious, character, slowly die a horrible death.

MS is not to be confused with MND - motor neurone disease (Ice Bucket Challenge).  MS patients live an average of 7years less than a person with no MS.  It can be managed quite well.  MND on the other hand is debilitating in that once diagnosed, you’re given 3-5years before death knocks on your door.  MND is probably what you are thinking of when you say slow horrible death. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Argh... why did CEJ go at the ending scene when everyone was waiting for first patients? Sigh....

its actually a scene where CEJ arrived doldam hospital after leaving geodae hospital :grimace: she was helping her professor with surgeries.. much more than the 3 which she agreed to help him with.. so instead of the 2 days she promised SWJ.. she went missing for 10 days :sweat_smile:

i like the ending.. even though KSB has other health issues he needs to manage, the victorious triumph of getting the doldam hospital management rights independent of geodae group.. and also the annual 3 million funding.. really brought much much more cheers than anything else! :thumbsup: the scenes from ex Chairman Shim’s secretary.. and the confirmation from Chairman Shim’s daughter.. i was shouting “YES!!” under my breath :naughty: i also like how PMG finally abandoned his pride and helped his fellow doctor (KSB) during his absence and ended up, as an oddball as well :lol: Head Nurse Oh speaking sense into Dr Shim and then seeing her respond like a teammate to Dr Nam gave me a warm fuzzy feel as well haha

oh yes, i wasn’t too happy that Dr Yang just gave a yelp and was back bouncing his way back to PMG.. but i guess his 10yrs worth of loyalty to him.. will prove to be useful to Doldam someday..

• Like 2

Silent lurker here. Hello.

Ive finally watched the final episode! 

Overall, season 1 had superior medical stories -the elaborate season 1 finale on the heart transplant is still unbeatable. The Oddball trio in season 1 were also more interesting than Woo Jin and Eun Jae. Season 2 has more interesting supporting character it more had an ensemble cast. With that, I don't mind a s3! I know it's impossible to combine the leads in s1 and s2 but special appearances would be daebak! As long as we'll be in Doldam with Kim Sabu, all is well

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, jessyqueue said:

Silent lurker here. Hello.

Ive finally watched the final episode! 

Overall, season 1 had superior medical stories -the elaborate season 1 finale on the heart transplant is still unbeatable. The Oddball trio in season 1 were also more interesting than Woo Jin and Eun Jae. Season 2 has more interesting supporting character it more had an ensemble cast. With that, I don't mind a s3! I know it's impossible to combine the leads in s1 and s2 but special appearances would be daebak! As long as we'll be in Doldam with Kim Sabu, all is well

Other than the elaborate heart transplant — the HIV and pellet gun victim of the last special episode was really so memorable and I saw the Season 2 there being cooked.  Season 1 has superb look so real operations while season 2 — the doctors were all good and trained but too scarred of politicking which I really like that it was tackled. The trauma cases were of S1 were so good and our four GS really learned well from Kim Sabu while S2 more of control-expounding their skills. 

Edit: The Dr Do Im Bom we know in S1 is not real and loving the Dr Do Im Bom of S2 - who rationally think, yield and consider things. Getting to the truth and not mixing it with emotions. Just like how he was taught by Kim Sabu. 

“If emotions are added to facts it becomes an instigation. Even if you have hard facts, mixing them with your emotions can ruin the entire (true) picture.”  - Dr Do Im Bom 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 5:00 PM, sadthe1st said:

its actually a scene where CEJ arrived doldam hospital after leaving geodae hospital :grimace: she was helping her professor with surgeries.. much more than the 3 which she agreed to help him with.. so instead of the 2 days she promised SWJ.. she went missing for 10 days :sweat_smile:

Hahha i know... as someone mentioned, she was supposed to be the female lead, yet she wasnt really in the ending scene... sigh...

I dont mind them having another drama since both are so tall.. if Nurse Park can have a new drama with Dr Yoon, why not Dr Cha and Dr Seo right? ..  hahah:wub:

• Like 1