[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

I like the scene when SM  talk about how the female  prosecutor  made him remember  ES 

First of all since it show he has that thought of her as we all know how much her death affects  him and he had that guilty feeling for not trusting, listening  or protecting  her 

Second, it show how much he aware how much he comfortable  with YJ  to talk about this random  thought he had and even when he dont aware that it related  to his feeling it bothered him and he wanted to talk about it with YJ, he had no reason to give that information  to YJ but he wanted  to talk about that ( he just talked about in middle  of a series  talk about suspects) 

It nice to see him aware that he has someone  to talk with even on his personal thought and feeling and YJ  just perfect  she totally  understands  how he has abnormal  way to deal with his feeling and she just simply  hear and answer him and make it simple  talk and comfortable  

I love this two :heart:

by the way that make me think is that the reason why SDJ  was nice , caring and so sharing information  with the female  prosecutor  cause she reminds  him of ES  too( he has guilt  feeling too about not treating ES  well too after her death) 

P.s. still the female  prosecutor  still suspects  of anything ( sorry cant trust her yet) it also so much perfect  timing she give that information  to SM when he was asking aging about the death or  case 

• Like 10

Oo dear, my heart is not strong enough to expect that SDJ is  alive :(. For this Togyeong survivor, perhaps SDJ just a mere person that can be dangerous for him.

The show is crazy, no solid clue leads to him before and then give us a shock.

I agree that the pace is kind slower than season 1 (that season is awesome!), but I love the writing in this episode more. Unpopular opinion probably.  But I really love how the writernim lead us to the case little by little. Like how HSM noticed about the bullied boy in the high school picture and found the similarities with Togyeong boys's pic. And also with another cases. I enjoy it. Especially with the Dang! effect :D. Btw, I don't think chief Kang related with PGS case. Was that scene only one of possibility of cases in SM mind? CMIIW.

Aah, what the main lead need to solve the problem is just having meals together, and talk and talk about any possibilities. 

Lastly, I don't remember when the last time I was waiting the new episode of KDrama so badly. My Ahjussi I guess. So glad that the next episode is tomorrow. 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, ayamom said:

Aah, what the main lead need to solve the problem is just having meals together, and talk and talk about any possibilities. 

Yes, SM just needed someone that he can just throw any ideas freely without any judgement etc.  He did go to YJ's place for that purpose right?  

• Like 8

Okay now back to  important  issues  

YJ  : I am going to date artist 

Choi: man who have from 9 am  to 5 PM  job  is the best husband  material ( office  job) 

We: we agree Choi  and add a man who never interesting in anything  besides  his job, under your control, cook and clean for himself, can't even get angry , cheating  is off the table, dont even care about makeup  and silly things already has a house , having a respectful  job and  he like your  job that what we call ideal husband  for you YJ 

Artist  is off the table here :kicks: 

and like Choi  said YJ  already like SM  ( I will cheer  for Choi for only that) but it not like SM  not interesting he only having problems  understand  his feeling  to speak it out 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

What an episode! I could not move from the seat to know what is happening next. We found out so much informations but it is still not over.

Starting with Woo and Choi meeting with Lee Yeon Jae, at Hanjo hotel. Choi Bit was at that vacation house meeting but she lied that she wasn`t. And there was someone from Hanjo. I am not sure if she lied or if she doesn`t know. Was a heart attack or a murder? Why Park Kwang-soo so agitated?

I loved how Shi Mok put the pieces togheter and found out almost everything: that Oh Joo Sun replaced Park Kwang So at working for Hanjo, that Lee Yeon Jae gave Kang Won-Cheol that document.

I just suspected that the boy from Tongyeong drowning case  have had something to do with Dong Jae`s kidnaping from the beginning but I was surprised to found out that the victims were not his friends. He had a motive to harm them. But he really took Dong Jae? I have doubt that he had something to do with the folow up (the bloody tie and everything).  From the preview it seems that Kim Hu-Jeong moved Dong Jae or abandoned him. Why he was not found yet? I still hope he will be alive. I don`t trust the preview.

I liked how we realised now that Dong Jae caught his attention the picture of the boys and not Choi Bit`s interview. Nice. The clue was corect but we did not know then was caught his eyes.

I loved how Shi Mok and Yeo Jin ate togheter and worked on the case together. Shi Mok mentioned Eun Soo! Nice! I was happy to see Shi Mok when  Kim Hu Jeong was up to close the garage door with yeo Jin inside (I saw on his face that he did not have good intentions). The boy remembered Shi Mok from that night. 

I also want to know why Woo Tae Ha said to Yeon Jae "if he (Dong Jae) was around, you could her in a very difficult position now''. Why he said that? And Hanjo had microphones in the elevator as well? :o

And Kim Sa-Hyun is getting suspisious. He hired the fake witness to put the police in the bad light? I just loved how Shi Mok reacted after he got caught in Kim Ha Kyun`s office. :D

Little by little we found more pieces of the puzzle. We still have to find out more. Three more episodes left. I will miss this show. I want Season 3 with new cases.

I forgot to mention that I loved the girl talk (Yeo Jin and Choi Bit) about Yeo Jin`s potential  love life.:D

• Like 10

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode... 

Wish SDJ is alive somewhere.. 

And Hwang Si Mok smiled.. And showing emotions in the preview.... 

But I really can't believe that it's getting over so soon.. 

But glad that the writers and the director didn't dissapoint... 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, nona88 said:

Okay so the death prosecutor  is mostly die in the vaction  house while making deal with woo  and maybe others powerful  police  and prosecutors  team 

So no matter  if his death is natural  or not they could never let anyone  investigate  his death in that house since it will be linked  to find about everything was going on 

And they put him and his car on the road in a perfect stop. Even Shi Mok realised that if Kim Kwang So died driving his car he would deviate from the right direction.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, pompyavi said:

@Sleepy Owl @larus @bedifferent @nrllee and everyone else, even i too believe Seo Dong Jae is dead. And that tongyeong survivor may have drowned his friends.

:bawling:

I caught this episode late.  Wow.  What an exciting one!  Seo Dong Jae!!!!

Screencap of Kim Hu Sang who just bought a new percussion pad.  

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 4.07.38 PM

His music room, similar floor? I tried to lighten the color of the second photo.  Room has been cleaned and bleached :dissapointed_relieved:  Definitely not the color of the floor in the bloody tie photo.  Someone else was using Dong Jae's disappearance for his own agenda.

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 4.11.27 PM

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 4.17.45 PM

3 hours ago, larus said:

And they put him and his car on the road in a perfect stop. Even Shi Mok realised that if Kim Kwang So died driving his car he would deviate from the right direction.

Yup, someone possibly drove PGS to the highway and moved him into the driver seat.  If he was driving, he would have pulled over or we would have skid marks on the road.  Did WTH call 911 after he drove the car with PGS to the spot?  Someone has to pick WTH up - was it why Choi Bit came?  She was his Uber? PGS prolly had a heart attack at the house and no one can know the meeting took place at this vacation home.  Hanjo repaid WTH and CB's silence with their promotions.

Eun Soo's memories stayed with ShiMok all these years.  I absolutely love how past season's characters affected those in this season.  First, it was Yeon Jin witnessing Mr Yoon living well while atoning for his actions.  Then we get LYJ finally acknowledging her husband's great determination and perseverance to reach his goal.  We get to hear ShiMok's verbalizing his  regret of losing Eun Soo, how things might have been different in hindsight.  Life is truly precious.  

=======

[Naver TV] 'Stranger' Season 2 - Episode 13 Comments and Reaction

(Exploding Tension) Cho Seungwoo's intuition - is Kim Youngjae the new suspect? 

1. [+326][-0] Kim Sahyun who was just standing still made my heart palpitate too

2. [+235][-0] Goosebumps brr

3. [+189][-2] Wow Kim Sahyun's expression before opening the door was scary.. but Simok doesn't seem to be phased at all ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+167][-0] Tongyeong survivor Kim Hoojung is confirmed to be the suspect so what's with Kim Sahyun being portrayed suspiciously? Is it a MacGuffin? (T/N: an event/scene that seems irrelevant by itself but is important to the plot) It feels like there's something more ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+146][-2] I think it was Kim Sahyun who brought the photo of the police watch

Connection between Lee Joonhyeok's disappearance and the Tongyeong drowning incident?? And a person Cho Seungwoo remembers, Shin Hyesun

1. [+470][-2] No but the Tongyeong case from episode 1 continues like this? Wow..

2. [+424][-1] He asked the age thinking of Young Eunsoo...

3. [+379][-2] Simok thought of his junior ㅠㅠ

4. [+344][-2] I already miss Young Eunsoo ㅠㅠㅠ The actress Shin Hyesun was good at acting

5. [+323][-0] Today Young Eunsoo was mentioned and earlier Lee Changjun was too ㅠㅠㅠ It's a bitter feeling

[Chase Ending] The imminent arrest of the kidnapper? Cho Seungwoo X Bae Doona seek out the survivors of the Tongyeong incident

1. [+1017][-4] Hey our Chowon-ie's leg is worth a million dollars, you're dead ㅠ

2. [+824][-11] Writer-nim, I'm sorry for suspecting you. Please plan a Season 3...

3. [+599][-3]  So he's not here too... Simok is seriously pissed off.. seems like the first time

4. [+586][-5] Can't believe the Tongyeong case is connected like this... as expected, Stranger is Stranger. It's getting more entertaining in the second half

5. [+585][-5] When the shutters came down I was anxious that something would happen but Simok appeared just like that and put his foot under it, he's so cool I'm screaming ㅠㅜ Is this guy the real culprit?!!

AGB Nielsen rating

Episode 1 (8/15/20):  7.627% (9.012% Seoul)

Episode 2 (8/16/20):  6.415% (7.585% Seoul)

Episode 3 (8/22/20):  7.014% (8.190% Seoul)

Episode 4 (8/23/20):  6.422% (7.378% Seoul)

Episode 5 (8/29/20):  6.041% (7.070 % Seoul)

Episode 6 (8/30/20):  6.281% (7.487 % Seoul)

Episode 7 (9/5/20):   6.502% (6.950 % Seoul)

Episode 8 (9/6/20):  7.493% (8.856 % Seoul)

Episode 9 (9/12/20):  7.190% (8.553 % Seoul)

Episode 10 (9/13/20):  7.203% (8.031% Seoul)

Episode 11 (9/17/20):  6.843% (8.017% Seoul)

Episode 12 (9/18/20): 7.458% (8.707% Seoul)

Episode 13 (9/26/20): 7.179% (7.755% Seoul)

Source

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The funniest  scene in  episode  13 

YJ  start eating fast since she running  off the time ( she supposed  to be out for launch  break only)  it almost  13 o'clock 

And SM  still relaxed not understanding  why she eating fast suddenly:sweat_smile:

Ei36KWqVkAAedG0?format=jpg&name=large

till she asked him If woo know he here and it really hit him that he also need to eat fast  since he realized they both working behind  their bosses  back and should hurry  back before they know about it 

And he just do the same and  start eating fast :joy:

Ei36KJAVoAAFJov?format=jpg&name=large  

He totally  off sometimes when it come to the normal standard   of thinking and clueless on everything when he just focus on something but he so cute  we love him :heart:  

Okay I really love those two  I am not  happy with only 3 episodes  left  without  enjoying  so much of them :bawling: writer  and PD  you really should prepare  enough  in the coming  episodes  :unamused:

• Like 8
  • Love 3

@nona88 when Shi Mok mused to Yeon Jin on how fragile and short life is.  I said to myself That's why you two should get married and have little ShiMok and YeoJin! :lol:

My fave bit was the girl talk between Choi Bit and Yeo Jin.  YeoJin exclaimed " You and Chief Woo had coffee together?" which CB retorted 'Why not? I can't even have coffee with him after going through this ordeal together? You're always with Pros Hwang".   YeoJin, here I am thinking, why put him down to a level of cockroaches.... you don't have to deny that hard!? LOL  She was so animated too!  CB then asked Yeo Jin if she is more "invested", ie: she likes SM more than he is interested in her.  Which she denied by saying she is going to date an artist.  Cuz artists are more in tune with their emotions than our prosecutor, right?!  :lol: 

That's the bit I get out of the scene for all the shippers out there!!!:hwaiting:

So far, the 25th class has among its members: Park Gwang Soo (CP), Kang Won Cheol (CP), Oh Joo Sun (judge),  Woo Tae Ha (CP), Kim Sa Hyun and Lee Chang Joon (CP/Blue House Sec)?

The only one who has not risen in rank is Kim Sa Hyun... anyone thinks there is a motive in here for KSH? :D  He needs the council more than all of them.  What he wants is the National Assembly seat and to keep the reform in status quo for prosecution!  The photo set up makes sense.

Ohhhh, and I would like to add a little more to the lunch scene between Shi Mok and Yeo Jin.  I would never in a million years imagine we get to hear Shi Mok philosophize about life and death.  There was regret in his tone for not able to fulfill the promise to Eun Soo's father in protecting her ... but this season, Shi Mok identifies more things with life and death.  I would say he understands it more on a personal level.  Sitting at the rest stop, seeing family sharing lives together, nowhere to go, no one to see during that break, he must have seen and thought about what life could be about outside of work.  He's learning about desires, emotions, the values and joy that life brings... things that are beyond the ambition and corruptions he has to deal with.  I am really touched at that scene you guys.  This scene was as powerful to me as when Yeo Jin met Mr Yoon.  Did really put in perspective for Shi Mok, in tangible form, why he must pursue justice for every victim... because each life is important for the potential it holds.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

Damn.  Just....damn.  I almost cursed at my computer when Hu Sang broke into a run.  That's when I finally realized that it was most likely him.

And that room that smells like bleach is the same room as the guy who was about to write a negative comment about the justice system (police and prosecutors).  He probably kept DJ in the basement, since that could have a wooden floor similar to the one where DJ was kept.  We will have to wait until Ep. 14 to find out. 

My theory was basically debunked :( , because if Hu Sang really did kidnap DJ, then it doesn't have anything to do with Hanjo.  He probably got scared when DJ kept pestering him with phone calls.  Not only because DJ was going to find out that Hu Sang was a victim of bullying, but because DJ was going to realize that that was the reasoning behind the murder (the drowning).  He was going to put the pieces together.  So Hu Sang killed him to silence him.  And the scrapes he had in his hand... The director is reusing the same method of showing evidence from the Segok case.  Even thinking about this still makes me surprised.  :( 

Honestly though, if he cleaned his house with bleach, then most likely it's because DJ is dead.  He will not get rid of a living body.  Mainly because if someone finds DJ and decides to get him medical help, DJ can regain consciousness (if he lost it with the head wounds) and DJ can spill everything once he's okay, and Hu Sang goes down.  It can happen, but not very likely.  

I'm honestly still surprised though...

And Woonchul.  I kind of expected it, because it now seems that he will do anything to bring down LSJ.  But I'm extremely disappointed :unamused:.  Something must've gone downhill for them to trigger PGS's death.

And the comment that Choi Bit made about how someone from Hanjo might've been at the vacation home.... did she see LSJ, LYB (Yeonjae's father), or Director Park there?... At least we have answers to previous questions now.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Woo Tae Ha (CP), Kim Sa Hyun

Bee correct me if I am wrong. Weren't they from 28th class?

I feel there's more to it. Killing your friends who bullied you is one thing. But kidnapping and torturing a police/prosecutor is different thing. My brother watched later than me and he is studying human psychology. Even he told me from the beginning that the Tongyeong survivor would come up eventually because in SF they wouldn't show scenes just for the sake of filling episodes. He may be wrong but even if I feel that there has to be an accomplice. Seo Dong Jae could have got that he was being bullied and even doubt that he might have killed his friends. But he didn't have any evidence as far as we know. 

If Sa Hyun planted that fake witness, that means that wasn't Dong Jae's tie or blood. Or is he the MASTERMIND?

Edit: One more quote-"the devil is in the details"

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, pompyavi said:

Bee correct me if I am wrong. Weren't they from 28th class?

If Sa Hyun planted that fake witness, that means that wasn't Dong Jae's tie or blood. Or is he the MASTERMIND?

You are right! Thank you for correcting me!

25th class:  Park Gwang Soo (CP), Kang Won Cheol (CP), Oh Joo Sun (judge) and Lee Chang Joon (CP/Blue House Sec)

28th class:  Kim Sa Hyun, Woo Tae Ha (CP)

Let’s rewind.  We’ve noticed that Ryu and Kim Sa Hyun were from Seongnam.  Kim Sa Hyun was in Criminal Division 2 while Ryu was in charge of Assemblyman Nam’s case. Seo Dong Jae is from Uijeongbu District Criminal Division 1; he was in charged of PGS case.  Ryu also oversaw the drowning of Tonyeong case which Kang closed for Oh as a favor.  What we can piece together is that Ryu was transferred out of Seongnam in July and his replacement cleared Assemblyman Nam under Supreme Prosecutor office (Woo Tae Ha). Would it be too impossible that Kim Sa Hyun was Ryu’s replacement?  He did a favor for WTH back then so WTH repaid by picking him to be part of the council.

Let’s say your theory is true - KSH is the mastermind.  The common denominator is prosecutor Ryu.  If Kim Sa Hyung replaced Ryu, he would have access to all Ryu’s cases, including  Kim Ju Heong (Tongyeon survivor) and Jeon Gi Heok (the fake witness).  

I’m not convinced that the frail Kim Ju Heong would be able to overpower Seo Dong Jae who is a much taller man.  I still think it was a two person job  for there was no sign of struggle.  Also, the culprit has the green lighter.  Kim Ju Heon doesn’t seem like a smoker... it’s Kim Sa Hyun who smokes.

The second thing we have to consider is from Shi Mok’s workup of PGS meeting in the highway.  He deduced that the person PGS was arranging for Hanjo to meet must have been someone who can help with the lawsuit but who cannot be seen in Seoul.  Someone with enough clout to solve the tax audit or the account discrepancy problem.   It didn’t cross my mind before that PGS could actually drove this person to the vacation home.. he was not alone in the car.  This person would need a ride home from the meeting... cue WTH? 

• Like 9

New still I hope they find him a live 

0001206078_001_20200927141028133.jpg?typ

Side note; the eng translation  is really making me more angry every  day it really not related  to the scene sometimes  and change the understand  of  the scene 

Like the scene with Choi and YJ   Choi didnt  ,: say you can be friend with him but I cant,  she said  something  like this : if it us it affair  but you it a romance ( a full  changing of meaning  and explaining  why YJ give that weird  reaction- it a joke that maybe will have some meaning in the future ) :pensive: why they doing it  

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

What we can piece together is that Ryu was transferred out of Seongnam in July and his replacement cleared Assemblyman Nam under Supreme Prosecutor office (Woo Tae Ha). Would it be too impossible that Kim Sa Hyun was Ryu’s replacement?

It could be. But what we know is he is an assistant chief now and he was dispatched from Legislation committee. Is Ryu also an assistant chief? I suddenly realized SDJ and KSH crossed paths in that restaurant when they had a team dinner. 

32 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

I’m not convinced that the frail Kim Ju Heong would be able to overpower Seo Dong Jae who is a much taller man.  I still think it was a two person job  for there was no sign of struggle.  Also, the culprit has the green lighter.  Kim Ju Heon doesn’t seem like a smoker... it’s Kim Sa Hyun who smokes.

Yeah, how could he even lift him even if he was unconscious. My guess is KSH tried to take advantage of this and planted the fake witness. If the note was sent by him then either he is the mastermind or the note was also a fake.

3 minutes ago, nona88 said:

New still I hope they find him a live 

Looking at these gives me hope but still i will prepare myself for the worst

5 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Hey our Chowon-ie's leg is worth a million dollars, you're dead

This comment. He was quite a runner in Marathon :glasses:

• Like 5

I was asking myself for a few episodes now if Kim Sa-Hyun doesn`t have a bigger role in this drama than being a friend colleague for Woo Tae Ha in the prosecutor`s team for negotiation. Perhaps he was always on the suspect list (as we suspect everyone :w00t:) but we didn`t have anything to "catch" him. I am still not sure if the writer will create a story with him in the further episodes but I am looking forward to see if it is the case.

He is connected with lots of other characters. I can see him sending the police the blood tie and interferring in the investigation. I can`t see the whole picture yet.

In the preview.... I was surprised to see Shi Mok shouting at the suspect. He is really desperate to find Dong Jae , alive it it is possible.

• Like 9

Ah I don’t have time to watch till Monday.  So Survivor boy was bullied?  Like what the pics suggested?

i think KSH picked up the green lighter from the restaurant (where he ate with SM and WTH). The 2 of them went out for a smoke but neither had lighters and WTH suggested going to the reception to get them.  

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Ah I don’t have time to watch till Monday.  So Survivor boy was bullied?  Like what the pics suggested?

Yeah Lee. SDJ was suspicious of that as he has handled many juvie cases and the bullying case he was handling just before his disappearance gave him clues for that.

Sa Hyun was too good for my liking. I was always suspicious of him but could not find any motive yet.

Edit: CB asked if YJ is more invested. I feel like she was speaking from her own past and experience. Did she like Woo and Woo did not have anything for her?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, larus said:

I was asking myself for a few 4episodes now if Kim Sa-Hyun doesn`t have a bigger role in this drama than being a friend colleague for Woo Tae Ha in the prosecutor`s team for negotiation. Perhaps he was always on the suspect list (as we suspect everyone :w00t:) but we didn`t have anything to "catch" him. 

I thought the same. So I am thinking if writer wanted to do same with KSH as she did with Yoon in s.1: we got to know him liitle by little, he was snooping around SM, then joined investigation team, apologised to SM, got close to the team, made us fell in love with him and BAM he was the killer of s1. That's is similar to the KSH - I disliked him at first, then started to notice that he is not that bad, defending SH and I started to like him and now BAM - creating creepy scene when he is standing in front of a doors and being suspicious. I think he could be more important that we think. Again, only a thought. Can't really prove this.

• Like 10