[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

23 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

It’s long conversation but what I love how oppa point out the game she playing isn’t working his job & experience  easily let him see through her act :D

# I was so dump I wasn’t expecting my friend to profiling me :D

**If you didn’t watch it with sub , I PM you Website with the sub 

OHJ is so manipulative... It's crazy! I adore him!! :)

OH, please! I'd be greatful if you could PM me a site with subs... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

After watching how he talk to CSY while killing  the detective  we can be sure that the final game will have CSY in the middle . It a fact that he thought  it okay she can understand. That he still her oppa that she want to see even after all that 

I dont think he was joking there he did think like this. It not like he don't know what kind of person  is CSY   it cause he aware of it that why it so interested to him . Even known what kind of person she is and exactly  what she cant accept or forgive he  enjoying being with her 

When she said she need to see OHJ cause OHJ need to have someone  that trust him now . He  said " you drive me crazy, " that too I think it was a honest reaction  not an acting . I dont know maybe he so interested  in her being the opposite from him or more the opposite  from everyone  he meet and control or killed 

I think although  he really enjoying proving that all the people  are the same they slave to their hidden desire  and can do anything  when Time come , he was so attachment to CSY different  natural  that she always  put the other before her even when she has her own hidden agenda  she never make that be above the others pains and need 

That she can understand  and connected to everyone pain . I am not saying it a good things it more danger  that he see her in different and specially way 

More then doll or family I think he see her as a precious  item that he rarely  find , I think some part of him want to try making her understand  and accept  the really him . So here why it more danger she maybe be specially  but she not his, he maybe loving her being different but not when she not in his side 

I still think that CSY must be the really big player  in this game by the end. Being th only one who can save OHJ. And be the only one who can win over the oppa killer  game logic . She the only one who can make him lose since she the only one who wasnt like others

P.s. more then the killing, more then anything the guy really enjoying being above human being, seeing through  them and controlling them, I think cause he dont understand  feeling  he thought  that understand  their mind and hidden inner  is more interesting.  This game to him is  a way to prove his ability to  read everyone  and that he more higher human being from them ( he hating their dark and selfish nature and dont like what he see in them , and he think it only natural killing this kind of people )

• Like 3

'Tell Me What You Saw' Jang Hyuk BEST 4 'Breathtaking' Scenes

Actor Jang Hyuk has been exuding a strong presence with perfect character depiction in OCN's original drama ‘Tell Me What You Saw’. With expectations rising for the remaining two episodes, we look back on the highlights of the previous episodes.

*Episode 2 - The genius profiler who disappeared from the world

Oh Hyun-jae, played by Jang Hyuk in the drama, was a cool-headed, fearless genius profiler who calmly solved cases looking through the eyes of the assailants, even at scenes of the tragic murders. But five years ago, Oh Hyun-jae, who lost his fiancée to a serial killer, disappeared from the world and laid low waiting to track and catch him.

In this scene, Jang Hyuk played the character with extreme emotions when facing a situation of desperation and conflict to catch the Guy, as he was not able to save his fiancee trapped in a car right before the explosion, enhancing the richness of the drama.

*Episode 6 - Turning the tables

Five years later, Oh Hyun-jae, who disappeared from the world, revealed his true self with the resurrection of ‘The Guy’. Oh Hyun-jae, whom all thought to be unable to see or walk, suddenly got up from his wheelchair and faced ‘The Guy’. Jang Hyuk delicately studied and expressed every small detail of the character's eyes and expression, completely deceiving the viewers, giving them goosebumps in the scene.

*Episode 8 - Special Co-operation

Officially back to police-force, the collaboration between Oh Hyun-jae and Cha Soo-young (Choi Soo-young) began to shine. In a kidnapping case, when arresting Kim Na-hee (Baek Ji-won), who was delusional after losing her son, Oh Hyun-jae was able to persuade her saying, "Let him go now, he can rest in peace". The way he said it with empty eyes was enough to arouse regret.

In addition, the location tracker that was given to a survivor to catch Min Hyung-joo, who was a serial killer discontented with society, not only saved the victim from death, but also displayed Oh's superb profiling skills, which when used in the right place, provided a sense of tension and enhanced the immersion of the drama.

*Episode 14 - Face to face with the guy, the breathtaking chase that runs to the end.

After the revelation of ‘The Guy’s identity, the scene of his confrontation with Oh Hyun-jae gave viewers a tense atmosphere. Besides Oh Hyun-jae, the late Chief Choi, Soo-young, and team leader Hwang are all trying to catch him for different purposes. Oh Hyun-jae, the first to know his identity, gave the man before him an overwhelming look, saying, "Don't get caught by others, I'm worried," with a low-pitched voice of charisma to complete the ‘breathtaking' scene.

The original OCN "Tell Me What You Saw" featuring Jang Hyuk, who makes every episode a masterpiece with such perfect character analysis and acting skills, is airing every Saturday and Sunday at 10:50 pm

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200316

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202003161223385096652_1

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I’m curious...where do you typically watch though:sweatingbullets: cause what I understand is that all sites should have released it already.. 

And him being manipulative...I love it too! Haha...When I saw him I’m like... “You go boy!” Woohoo!:joy: “Take out that ring, yeah!”

Im waiting for subs too :( can you PM me where you watch pleeeeasssse? 

@Sushimi You make good points, except I don’t think Hwang wants to arrest The Guy. She wants to kill him to silence him, just like she tried to silence the other guy (I doubt she shot him in the head to save OHJ) She wants to bury the past and make it disappear not “deal” with it. Her way would not bring her healing and she’d also be denying OHJ his closure. 

@corey Thank you for the link! Im mad at OHJ and Hwang, but why SY? I don’t think she is to blame? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

But essentially I think that in the beginning she does have the idea of trying to bring justice...it’s just that her motives starts to change as it gets harder and harder to cope with her symptoms and stress. 

I hope it becomes clear why she was trying to hide that she named Isu. Even if “subconsciously” she felt envy of Isu? as it has been implied in the drama, she wasn’t going to act on it. I understand that guilt and trauma can make a person act irrationally but she took it to extremes! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

I’m curious...where do you typically watch though:sweatingbullets: cause what I understand is that all sites should have released it already.. 

And him being manipulative...I love it too! Haha...When I saw him I’m like... “You go boy!” Woohoo!:joy: “Take out that ring, yeah!”

I usually watch on ......, but to this moment they don't have the ep with subs, not sure why.

Now, that I've seen the episode with subtitles, I realize that he is even more manipulative than I though. Sitting there in the interrogation room calmly, knowing that CSY will come for him... In a way, you could say that he was grooming her, just like he said that killers do... OHJ is the scariest protagonist I've ever seen! Oh, how I wish we could have seen him with his fiance, to see a different side of his...

What I love about the show is that everyone of the main cast got to shine. The only one that has yet to be given the opportunity is the young detective. Maybe next week :)

Next week is going to be epic! Knowing JH he's preparing a very emotional performance, very powerful. Can't wait!!!

Edited by bebebisous33
illegal webside
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, corey said:

She left Man Su alone watching Hwang interrogate Kang Dong Sik and then she asked Man Su to leave altogether to go after OHJ. If Man Su had not gone as she asked, he would have seen KDS going after Hwang at the end of the interview and nothing would have happened. Is that not against the regulations??? I am not even mentioning going to see OHJ - because Hwang was acting weird I would have done the same in her place. But leaving your colleague alone with a potential killer - big no no from me.

What potential killer? Come on! At that point she didn’t know that did she? Also, Man Su is a man! Much stronger than her! SY was also working on the case, she didn’t step out to get a soda. She was working. I don’t think she was expected to babysit Man Su. I feel very sorry for what happened to him but it’s not SY’s fault. The only one who literally knew he is the killer is OHJ at that point (and I still can’t understand how comfortable and careless he is at letting a monster like that lose, I thought he “cared” at least a little bit for SY and would try to warn her that her best friend is the killer but no) 

I don’t even know if Man Su and SY were supposed to be watching Hwang’s interrogation because I haven’t watched with subs :grimace: is that the case? 

@Sushimi You may be right about Hwang fearing both the killer and OHJ. Since I don’t understand OHJ at all, I can’t anticipate what he’ll do or what he thinks or feels, what he’ll forgive or not, not sure if he wants revenge, and on whom, does he want closure just by understanding what happened? He completely loses me if he blames Hwang for everything because to me it is absurd, ilogical and he is supposed to be very rational. What is his deal?  If its just that he is capable of becoming very angry and this is what Hwang fears, I’d find that very simple and boring. OHJ actual motives and personality have been so mysterious that it better be something good. I hope so. I wish someone profiled OHJ for me because I can’t 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

10 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

What potential killer? Come on! At that point she didn’t know that did she? Also, Man Su is a man! Much stronger than her! SY was also working on the case, she didn’t step out to get a soda. She was working. I don’t think she was expected to babysit Man Su. I feel very sorry for what happened to him but it’s not SY’s fault. The only one who literally knew he is the killer is OHJ at that point (and I still can’t understand how comfortable and careless he is at letting a monster like that lose, I thought he “cared” at least a little bit for SY and would try to warn her that her best friend is the killer but no) 

I don’t even know if Man Su and SY were supposed to be watching Hwang’s interrogation because I haven’t watched with subs :grimace: is that the case? 

no they weren't supposed to do that 

team leader want to do it in secret but detective man su  couldn't stand seeing her acting like this he know something wrong 

so he was watching her in secret 

and was going to do that alone but then he saw csy and ask her to come with him 

csy on other hand OHJ ask her to work with man su since he know team leader like him so he will notice that something wrong 

so from the start she was there by chance not it was planned or it was her work to do so 

but still known CSY she will feel sad, guilt and brokenheart about what happen to man su especial it the oppa and she didn't notice early so she will blame herself for that too 

man su was in the guy plan from the start he said he planing a grand part and will send the invitation soon to team leader 

and when he throw man su he said to CSY that this was his invitation so he was planning starting a hunt party before even team leader talk to him and man su was his first i know that he maybe meet him by chance after that but i think he was in his list 

he need to kill him to break team leader more and break everyone since he was importing to all of them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I really like the concept of him throwing the doll..It sort of indicate the emotion levels in him...Which is *throws doll* 0

Like he said ealier...He is emotionless..

But then again..I feel like the guy have changed. In a sense whereby he once had emotions which is presented with the doll...but now he doesn't..

Also loved how he threw that doll... So negligently. Nothing is holy to him. Nothing scares him... 

10 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Can i say...That smile and crazy look though.. me love..I want to see it again. Haha..Cause that is like the only time he have emotions :w00t::lol:

Oh, yeah! I want that x1000! The tears in his eyes... he was on the edge there. The only thing that stopped him, was that gun shot. What will he do when he has Hwang in his clutches? It's clear he doesn't really care about the guy. The wild card here is CSY. She is the only one OHJ has a real soft spot for. Come to think about it, so does the guy. What would that mean for the confrontation between them?

• Like 1

What will he do when he has Hwang in his clutches? It's clear he doesn't really care about the guy.

Is interesting now because Hwang always play like she Is the Alpha so now oppa knows who his target is , oppa will show her who is real Alpha :naughty:

* I hope we can see some fight - the way he rubbing his hand together show underneath anger need to come out 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@Biology Lesson The fact that he doesn’t seem to feel anything for Hwang, not even as a former colleague or friend, is what’s making it all so trivial to me. I can’t anticipate or care what he’ll do with her because there’s not an actual “relationship” there 

He looks like maybe he has a soft spot for SY but it also doesn’t “seem” too important. He didn’t move an inch to protect her knowing the killer is so close to her. 

I think OHJ is written in such a way and JH’s acting him is so subtle, that, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it’s probably TOO subtle for me. I’m missing all his cues, so I keep relying on people to explain him to me 

@Sushimi To me, OHJ seems constantly unamused and bored with it all. When he threw the doll I thought he was saying “Ok, I cracked this one, no longer useful, next” but other than arrogance, and smug and too cool for school attitude I’m no longer perceiving a human in him (I did during first episodes) My distancing from this character only gets worse with each episode. I need to see him react to something soon. This dead soul eyes of him have gotten a bit tiresome to me. I wished the change didn’t come in the form of anger because we’ve seen that already, but if its the only other emotion he’ll show then so be it. 

13 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Is interesting now because Hwang always play like she Is the Alpha so now oppa knows who his target is , oppa will show her who is real Alpha :naughty:

* I hope we can see some fight - the way he rubbing his hand together show underneath anger need to come out

And this all sounds very disturbing to me. She has clearly been presented as a victim. She is traumatized. This will only make OHJ looks more abusive. I don’t see the appeal of this scenario at all let alone, the “healing” that was promised :unsure:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

And this all sounds very disturbing to me. She has clearly been presented as a victim. She is traumatized. This will only make OHJ looks more abusive. I don’t see the appeal of this scenario at all let alone, the “healing” that was promised :unsure:

I give up on healing , first I have faith on our girl to help him heal and bring justice but when he say yesterday hey girl remember 

15843704871584370484.gif

I know he will do whatever he want , he will be in the mood of An eye for an eye :D

@Sushimi I know she isn’t alpha anymore but she still think of herself something  she isn’t 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Sushimi I wish I had seen him come alive before the final two episodes but it is what it is. I would’ve appreciated him emoting occasionally regarding SY though. But eh, Im not the writer or the PD or the actor so, enough with what “I wish”. I’m kind of annoyed that the actor who plays the killer gets to emote more and is even more relatable. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I give up on healing , first I have faith on our girl to help him heal and bring justice but when he say yesterday hey girl remember 

I know he will do whatever he want , he will be in the mood of An eye for an eye :D

@Sushimi I know she isn’t alpha anymore but she still think of herself something  she isn’t 

i don't think that scene was bad ( even though he want to hide from her that the oppa is the killer)

okay she cant be clam if she found that oppa is the one and he need her to find  the ture , okay that party  is using but it not that he didn't know she going to find from the clues about team leader and the oppa 

in that scene she was going to ask about the oppa  being suspect he didn't want to lie to her or  tell her the true now so he was harsh and made her remember that she was the one who asked him to give her the order not him asking her for that 

the translate was a little misleading at some site

what he said "" to remember who asked for instructions "  he meant remember  that she was the one who asked him to give instruction so she should do it when he give them ( you asked me  to tell what to do so you should do what i tell you )

not that he the one who give instruction here 

i really hope that there hope on him and that in one or other way he really trying to protect her and getting her out from the oppa way , known csy she was going to confirm him , if he didn't say it himself she was in deny refusing to not her mind but in the same time refusing to believe 

and her confirming the oppa will be danger in her later 

11 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

@Ameera Ali Yup. She couldn’t come to terms with it. Because her will is too strong. 

@corey @dramafan33 He is empty for a reason and I would say, his character doesn’t require empathy...I know you want to feel for him, but honestly in his nature you are not supposed to really empathise with him..well you can’t :sweatingbullets:... to me I’m not angry with his ways because I know it’s his nature to be different, hard, fearsome..(this is just a drama..but..) Put trust in OHJ that he is doing the right thing..even though it doesn’t look like it...he knows what he is doing:sweatingbullets: *fanning the both of you* please don’t be upset with him:sweatingbullets:ha..ha..he is trying to heal..trust him..

dear i am here trying to believe on him too 

i know that i am angry and can't accept his action or justify it 

but i still want to believe he could be saved even when the logic say don't 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 2

@Sushimi Lol! I’m not so upset with him, I’m just detached, tired, maybe beginning to get bored? Maybe I feel for OHJ what OHJ feels for the world B)

I started to try to take him as he is a few episodes ago, not expecting any “heroic” act from him. I thought, ok let me not judge him and just see him like I see a villain normally, without much expectation to “care” for him. But here, even the psychopathic serial killer is more fun to me, because he is more lively. I love when JH plays stoic characters, he is great with his micro-expressions and communicates every inner emotion with his eyes. Here, he is communicating nothing to me, most of the time, so it gets tedious to watch? At least for me. I liked his performance when he was pretending to be blind, because even though he didn’t seem actually blind, I was ok with his dead eyes and I liked what he did with his voice. But I got tired. I guess that’s it. It’s just a matter of taste. 

I know he is empty cause Isu bla bla bla and what she meant to him but was he more lively before Isu? I don’t know. Why do we have a flashback and this whole analysis of the damn killer but I’m left in the dark as to why is OHJ this damn weird? I just wanted to know more of him. Maybe that way I could understand and therefore enjoy more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

:lol: They can always have the plot in which two alpha males try to beat each other for CSY. But judging from the plot, I don’t think that’s the case. The guy thinks highly of OHJ. The scene where the guy looks at the handcuff, he said that this is the connection to OHJ. Via this line we can sort of figure out that he cares for OHJ more.:ph34r: I mean..can see the tension..

CSY I believe she will be the one who will stop them from fighting..I think the best ending would be..CSY asking OHJ to stop. CSY begs KYH to stop and turn himself in. (But based on recent ep..it’s unlikely)

For sure there will be a fight scene between OHJ and KYH, as this is JH after all :)  but I don't think he will be the one who will kill him. Most like Hwang. She needs that, if she is to heal at all... Unless she dies, that is  :) You might be right though, CSY may be oblivious enough to try and arrest him...

I think the important confrontation here is between OHJ and Hwang. That will lead to the revelation of the last secret. And I'm sure OHJ will destroy her in the process. Not physically, but mentally. And that will probably lead to him breaking. And this is where I think CSY will come into play, in helping him pick himself up, and may be feel again...

The thing is that the relationships here are quite complex- KYH is obsessed with OHJ for some reason, we still don't know why. But, OHJ doesn't care about KYH at all! We saw it in the way he tossed that doll behind his back, so negligently :) .  All OHJ cares about is the person that gave the order, meaning Hwang. In the confrontation between OHJ and KYH, you saw that KYH was trying to reduce the importance of the person who gave the order, suggesting he didn't leave her a choice but to say I su's name, thus trying to make himself OHJ's target again. But OHJ is not buying that.

And clearly Hwang has a very complex relationship with OHJ, as you've said. The simplest explanation would be that she was in love with him, and this is why she resented I Su. I think he was friends with her, but nothing more. He said that Man Su knew her as well as he did, so clearly nothing beyond friends.

16 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

We can agree that he is scarier than the guy. That's one...:joy:He is different.. too different from usual protagnist...So i named him as my Anti-Hero.

Sorry to say this..but i don't really think it's going to happened....In this series...It's made sodely to follow cases...Pretty sure it's not meant for too much character expansion. (Clear cut is the theme) Unless there is still more that wasn't revealed from ohj...but all i can say that if there is..it won't be a good one...cause they kept it till the very end. (Which could probably be revealed in the fight between kyh and ohj)

I would say...since we have two more episodes left...Just ride the wave and watch everything unfold... :)

I agree. I kinda hoped that there will more character development, but considering this is the director of Voice and an OCN show, I didn't get my hopes too high :) Right now, as you suggested, I'm riding this rollercoaster and I'm enjoying it for what it is...

@Sushimi I don't know if you've seen Beautiful mind, but in that show JH played a similar character to OHJ (though less scary) and there we got a beautiful character study and development of that character (BTW, the actress who plays OHJ's fiance also had a role in BM). I have a fantasy in which we will get a prequel to TMWYS done by the team of BM and that that show will give us all the missing info we'd love to know about OHJ. I find OHJ to be a fascinating character and I don't want to let him go :tears:, So I dream... 

• Like 1