[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

47 minutes ago, corey said:

My dear, do not be disheartened :). I am still here, although I have not been commenting for quite some time (too many shows watched at the same time), I am still watching and waiting for every episode. And the very fact that I am watching without fast forwarding means that I am loving every moment :).

The thing is I'm not disheartened, but I do feel like I'm watching another show;) For me Gun Soo is pretty easy to read in his confusion. Just like I tremendously enjoyed all the stuff with DanBam members and I do like Jangga parts. Maybe some parts are not totally realistic (like Ma Hyun Yi, but that's only because of the changed timeline), but it's reel and not real for a reason.

For me IC is doing a great job by keeping duality in characters and giving them hardships, without entirely discouraging them. And some "easy" winning points were given as basically presents to Park Sae Roy or Jo Yi Seo for being who they're. If they were different kinds of people things wouldn't work in their flavor, but it did because of who they're. Like with Tony's grandmother.  Sae Roy was super lucky, but if he was less a man than he is, he would never be able to catch her attention in the first place, no matter how much he would've been lucky to have Tony around. The lesson here is "good things happen to the good people", imo. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

With all your judgement and your weird theory about this drama, i'm surprised you're still here and still watching it until this far :w00t:

hahahahaha.

Thanks....i too have been disappointed in the last few episodes. I was hoping for OSA, not because i particularly like her (pretty but materialistic and a mental weakling) but because she was PSR's goal and we know how focused and determined his character has shown to be and I was hoping his greatness would rub off on her. All these characters are weaklings except old man Jang. Go old man Jang - the old wise one who knows who he is and accurately knows how others are but stays true to who he is!!!!  

• Unamused 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, softestfairy said:

GS confirming (again) that his only motive for joining Jangga was because of YS is......yeah...no.

That's just poor writing. I would've felt more sympathetic if his reason was to gain his father's love/approval or something. That would've made sense. I'm ready for this to wrap up lol. It's not bad but compared to earlier episodes it feels like the writer is having trouble tying everything together.

Anyone who's read the webtoon, how is this supposed to end? I'm curious. 

Yi Seo's only motive to join DanBam was her love for Sae Roy too, let me remind here some facts;) 

Gun Soo is someone, who lacked love all his life. Why he would suddenly need his father's love or approval after 20 years of not needing it. But he showed that he understands and knows his old man very well in their first talk when he declared that he is leaving home. Yet he admired, liked and was always intrigued by Jo Yi Seo. For a person, who never knew what love is, he is right now burning with jealousy and wanting for once to have something for himself. Basically his motivation is not really Jo Yi Seo, but his own selfishness. 

https://underceruleanwater.tumblr.com/post/612010104816074752/as-a-writer-myself-who-creates-characters-daily

I also like this post on tumblr and mostly agree with author. 

• Like 8
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1

I feel Mr. Jang and OSA has developed a fatherly child relation in a way that they respect each other. He provided her backup and she proved herself to him and stayed loyal which also showed as time passes, our feelings change for a person if we spend time with them and develop understanding. In the end, they cared for each other in a way, not directly but with their acts. She cried to him when she found out he has few months left and he hated that tears from her side because he didn't want her to feel bad.  Such complex relations!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

I’m reading so many negative comments here just because ratings slightly dropped, that I feel like I’m sadly for some reasons not welcomed with my love for every moment, every character and especially every actor in this drama anymore... 

No preview. New film making. 

Brutal ending. They changed it a bit from webtoon to make more clear parallel between Sae Roy and his dad.

We are still here, the ones that truly enjoy the show and also loving the progression of the story. We do just need to scroll down a bit more and not read those weird negative comments of people who I feel are just so determined to either not like our beloved FL Yi Seo or just determined to find flaws with the show. I sometimes wonder why they need to leave so many vindictive comments about the show when they clearly are no longer enjoying it. They just have to find another show to enjoy is all and not have to rain so much on our parade duh.

Anyway, I love the progression of the story, I was holding my breath the whole time watching episode 12, it was just that intense.... It’s pay off time for us fans and for our beloved characters, they just have to go through this trial by fire though to finally have their happy ending... So ep 15 and 16 bring in the angst, the terrifying climax and the sweetest night for our hero Sae Ro Yi and the woman who Sae Ro Yi can bet his life on, our dearest Yi Seo who has shown us how to love fiercely and bravely... I want everything you can throw at me show, Sae Ro Yi’s love confession to Yi Seo, Yi Seo and Sae Ro Yi finally seeing each other’s smiles looking at each other with love and a glimpse of their married life pretty please....

• Like 9

Yiseo is one of the best female characters i have ever seen in k dramas. Most of the time female leads are flowerpots to glorify male leads , or playing ott or playing sacrificial leads. Finally we got a female lead with different vibe. I am loving it and i hope , Dami sweeps all awards!

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1

35 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

I feel Mr. Jang and OSA has developed a fatherly child relation in a way that they respect each other. He provided her backup and she proved herself to him and stayed loyal which also showed as time passes, our feelings change for a person if we spend time with them and develop understanding. In the end, they cared for each other in a way, not directly but with their acts. She cried to him when she found out he has few months left and he hated that tears from her side because he didn't want her to feel bad.  Such complex relations!

That was one of my favorite parts of the episode. It felt very real.

27 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Yiseo is one of the best female characters i have ever seen in k dramas. Most of the time female leads are flowerpots to glorify male leads , or playing ott or playing sacrificial leads. Finally we got a female lead with different vibe. I am loving it and i hope , Dami sweeps all awards!

I hope female leads like YS become a trend in kdramas. She has a strong personality and it's consistent. Too often female leads are these awkward, goody two shoes, lifeless blank slate characters so the audience can "self insert" i guess in a way? I really love YS as a character and yes KDM deserves!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, softestfairy said:

I hope female leads like YS become a trend in kdramas. She has a strong personality and it's consistent. Too often female leads are these awkward, goody two shoes, lifeless blank slate characters so the audience can "self insert" i guess in a way? I really love YS as a character and yes KDM deserves!

Strong women is good. Bit**y is not and JYS definitely was one....although this aspect has been toned down recently thank god.

• Unamused 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, softestfairy said:

Yiseo is  definition of how many human beings are.. Many humans are selfish, smart , ruthless and she is one of those. Why it is always expected from women to be always good, sacrificial types? Its simple. People still expect women to leave their desires and sacrifice everything for the man. Its plain old misogyny. Yes she isn't perfect and not saying she was right in being abusive or using people to get her way in past, but human beings do that a lot.

I can relate to her character in many ways as i have done such things in my life.. I can't relate to people being good all the time tbh! She was still  a 20 year old . Like people here never got into fist fight or anything? Lol then i will be judged for what i did ( fights ) during my college time my whole life? Then rip i must say!  If we look at people with just particular mindset, we will only see negative traits only. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, x75274 said:

hahahahaha.

Thanks....i too have been disappointed in the last few episodes. I was hoping for OSA, not because i particularly like her (pretty but materialistic and a mental weakling) but because she was PSR's goal and we know how focused and determined his character has shown to be and I was hoping his greatness would rub off on her. All these characters are weaklings except old man Jang. Go old man Jang - the old wise one who knows who he is and accurately knows how others are but stays true to who he is!!!!  

I don't understand why does he have to make SA sacrifice for him? Just because in the beginning he said he would destroy Jangga so she didn't suffer anymore? I think he's clear enough with saying that this revenge was his business. He told SA that she didn't need to think about him and felt guilty. Also he said that their relationship was determined by her, meaning he was ready to have a relationship with her at any time. But SA lost her timing. She remained idle and did nothing (well, maybe it's just like what he instructed to her). But the thing is,  there is YS in his life supporting him and giving him what he needs without him asking. Just like in episode 14, YS's presence in his life is his luck. So do you think he can't or shouldn't change? He's not a stone. What happened to SR is very realistic in this life. If you expect him to continue on his stance to stay focused on SA who barely do nothing and is just all about "me, me, me", and just because you said he's a stoic, determined and unchanging person, i don't know what to say, maybe it's your personal preference because you like SA character. For me, it doesn't make sense. 

9 hours ago, x75274 said:

Strong women is good. Bit**y is not and JYS definitely was one....although this aspect has been toned down recently thank god.

It's what we call character development dude

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2

I don’t know about anyone else, but I just love this show. Every peace of it precious. I guess if you don’t care enough for DanBam members, Gunsoo and Jangga family, Park Saeroy and his ultimate journey you would try to skip some parts, but for me personally Itaewon Class’ true charms comes from it’s leading man, rather than leading ladies (and I do like them on my own way very much, let me be clear). That’s why I enjoy every step that he takes and he had a lot of them in episode 11-14. It’s been learning, trying to find himself and his footing storytelling episodes. 
Also, Dami gets a lot of deserving credits, but let me praise here my favorite Park Seojoon for once. I’ve been holding my love for his acting this whole time, to not distract anyone from enjoying the show, characters and other actors, but I think he deserves recognition for being able to portray character like Park Saeroy so effortlessly believable. This whole episode was a feast. Including that incredible ending, omg. I cried because of how sudden and unfair it was. And his inner monologue. They always bring it in the lowest emotional points in Park Saeroy’s life...

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2

14 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

I don't understand why does he have to make SA sacrifice for him? Just because in the beginning he said he would destroy Jangga so she didn't suffer anymore? I think he's clear enough with saying that this revenge was his business. He told SA that she didn't need to think about him and felt guilty. Also he said that their relationship with was determined by her, meaning he was ready to have a relationship with her at any time. But SA lost her timing. She remained idle and did nothing (well, maybe it's just like what he instructed to her). But the things is,  there is YS in his life supporting him and giving him what he needs without him asking. Just like in episode 14, YS's present in his life is his luck. So do you think he can't or shouldn't change? He's not a stone. What happened to SR is very realistic in this life. If you expect him to continue on his stance to stay focused on SA who barely do nothing and is just all about "me, me, me", and just because you said he's a stoic, determined and unchanging person, i don't know what to say, maybe it's your personal preference because you like SA character. For me, it doesn't make sense. 

It's what we call character development dude

Brilliant response! 

Your breakdown of Sae Ro Yi’s journey shows how the rookie drama writer/webtoon writer knows exactly what he is doing when it comes to his hero and what he truly needs to have the happy ending he deserves...

*clapping for @Anjalifairy post as loud as I can

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

Btw, that look of terror on Gunsoo’s face and that calm determination of Saeroy’s face when he finally accepted his feelings were so good.

I feel like Saeroy already had something inside him all those years ago, but as it was clarified in this episode “Gunsoo, age gap, job, being afraid to hurt his first love” were things that blocked his mind. He was afraid to admit to himself his own feelings. Otherwise he would never feel regret over rejecting her years ago. You can’t be sorry over feeling nothing, but you can be sorry if you choose to feel nothing.  

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Hidden boss love story :wub:

Who the heck put onions in my room?! It was brought me to tears starting from this scene when he found her drawing of him in her drawer (whose passcode is his birthday :tears:), when he was finally about to confess his true feeling to her but then he found out something bad happened to her, like his whole world would collapse with remorse. I think it's the 2nd biggest crisis in his life after his father's death :tears:

• Like 8
  • Sad 5
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Hidden boss love story :wub:

I too really loved this scene!!:wub:

I really liked this episode and mostly i watch it for these two. I was waiting for this since the begining.

• Like 11

42 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Who the heck put onions in my room?! It was brought me to tears starting from this scene when he found her drawing of him in her drawer (whose passcode is his birthday :tears:), when he was finally about to confess his true feeling to her but then he found out something bad happened to her, like his whole world would collapse with remorse. I think it's the 2nd biggest crisis in his life after his father's death :tears:

I love scenes, when clueless before about their own feelings characters release by someone's questions how they actually feel. It's my 2nd time seeing (or remembering because how much it touched me) in in dramas/tv shows :wub:

WEBTOON SPOILERS!!! Please, be aware!

Spoiler

I wonder who will call an ambulance. 

Will we see JYS near PSR's bed in the hospital? 

Will we see PSR coming to save her?

They changed details in ending a lot, that I'm really curious how things will be played out in the drama.

I do hope we will get to see JYS holding PSR's hand while he is in a coma. I liked that moment so much...

two things:

1. It was PSJ's idea to lift MHY.  Which is brilliant because I love it so much;)

2. Chris' most favorite Korean food is... Subway.  It was the slip of the tongue, but I laughed;)) I just remember so many Subway PPL's in k-dramas, that it's really feels like Korean food at this point xD

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

I love scenes, when clueless before about their own feelings characters release by someone's questions how they actually feel. It's my 2nd time seeing (or remembering because how much it touched me) in in dramas/tv shows :wub:

WEBTOON SPOILERS!!! Please, be aware!

Hide contents

I wonder who will call an ambulance. 

Will we see JYS near PSR's bed in the hospital? 

Will we see PSR coming to save her?

They changed details in ending a lot, that I'm really curious how things will be played out in the drama.

I do hope we will get to see JYS holding PSR's hand while he is in a coma. I liked that moment so much...

two things:

1. It was PSJ's idea to lift MHY  Which is brilliant because I loved it so much;)

2. Chris' most favorite Korean food is... Subway  It was the slip of the tongue, but I laughed. I just remember so many Subway PPL's in k-dramas, that it's really feels like Korean food at this point xD

Haha.. Subway... classic...

• LOL 3

@serenilmauve I love how they incorporated that drawing. I want to make it clear. Park Saeroy didn’t just saw some random drawing of himself and released something, he saw Jo Yiseo drawing him smiling. Which is a big detail, I think. Jo Yiseo all this time was someone who wanted, dreamed and worked to see him to be happy. And she expressed it by drawing Park Saeroy smiling. Especially since we know she did this drawing when she wasn’t even aware of why she was so intrigued and interested in him, but she still wanted to see him being happy.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 3