[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

Its a big fault to watch ep 14 in the plane.

Because the last 15 min of the episode make me cry because of sae royi :(

The determination of him it showed much.

Btw for those who already read webtoon 

Can you help me solve something 

Spoiler

Isnt this is like almost ending in webtoon?

Saeroy survive. He still hurt

Yi seo got kidnapped by geum won.

And then sae royi bow to JDH and then somehow he fight geumwon and he go to police? Yi seo survive too right?

I mean if there is no dramatical things that can be finished in less than one episode.

Will we got ep 16 full of happiness for our couple????????? Also soo ah redemption and geum soo redemption too. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Oh.. that honey night pub is actually his real restaurant? Wow. He did a good promotion with the webtoon and drama itself. I don't know much about the other stuffs of IC. Like last time I realized they have an IG account for danbam and post their live story in there. I wonder then, was those fun comments coming from real fans? LOL. Anyway... hope the story wraps up well. Does anyone know if they have done filming or not? ;) seeing all the recent outbreak of Covid-19. I hope everyone stays healthy. 

They're still filming. There were no announcement of them warping up the filming yet;)

• Thanks 1

@Alice Wonderland

It just goes to show that while this drama is makin' strides in putting a mix bag of characters. There's a biracial, a transgender, a sociopath & a former thug (did I leave anyone out LoL?!) That it's still South Korea, and they still stick to women having long dark hair (as they're very conservative on how women should look) Hence why Yi Seo & Hyun Yi both having such awful hair makeovers. 

I'm just glad they left Tony look the way he does naturally & I wished Royi grew his hair out but whatever LoL. Seung Kwan looks great in a suit & he has hair underneath that cap he keeps wearing eheheh. Yea he's the same actor from Her Private Life. Both dramas he lost the girl. Also he & Park Seo Joon have co-starred with Park Min Young a lil fun fact there.     

• LOL 1

@Latte_Anyday I thought they have this same trope for time skip marking. That the hairstyle will change. If in the pre-time skip they have long hair, post-time skip they'll cut their hair. And when it's long before they'll go short or a little shorter. 

And they keep SR's hair consistent from ep 1 till now. Lol. But I like that. Both his principles and styles stay the same. 

2 hours ago, platinumbeauty said:

They are still filming for the finale Eps?! How is that possible? Shouldn't they be wrapped up by now?

Kdrama production usually does live shooting. Before the premiere they might have done filming for some episodes before the airing deadline. So even they're still filming the final episodes they might have recorded some parts of it. They still have one week to finish all the scenes and the editing team will work on it like a lightning. It must be really tiring to keep working in such condition but since they're all professionals, they might do their best. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, platinumbeauty said:

They are still filming for the finale Eps?! How is that possible? Shouldn't they be wrapped up by now?

It’s usual practice for K-dramas. I also don’t think that they’re filming everything cohesively, like episode by episode. They probably filming scenes how it will be easier for them to handle schedule. Itaewon Class before premiere was already shooting for 4 months and finished filming just 8-10 episodes. And during the run they were working hard on the second half of the show. I think it’s good, that production had no hick up in terms of broadcasting episodes.

BF5855-C9-1-C65-4555-8728-D75126-B577-BE

btw, I’m so surprised to see IC still trending on Naver right now O.o 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

@Alice Wonderland

Same, i also do rewatch to see it in more detail every scene, facial expressions and gestures of the actors that I might have missed bcs of being distracted by reading subtitle :joy:
Yup, since the drama aired, based on its IG account, the pub has become more famous and now people stand in line to get a table. 
Btw, his pledge is to throw special events like inviting fans to drink together in a bar. But bcs of COVID19, it's hard to fulfill the promise now. 

4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I personally love the scene where SR puts his jacket on sleeping YS. He is flustered and wanted his jacket back. I love the small detail that PSJ did as to portray SR's awkwardness because he is flustered. His hands tries to get a grip on the top of the chair but it fails. LOL. It looks so cute. 

(skip..) 

You know what, that's one of many things i like about PSJ acting. He is always very good at giving small and detail gestures in his acting (especially the comical one, i think it's his speciality lol) . And I'm sure that's his own idea/improvisation. He's always full of ideas like how he should react, when the right timing he should do adlibs, how about we do it this way..that way.. to his co stars, and so on, because he really understands very well the character he's playing. I also like Saeroy who always pats his head in a certain situation. I noticed he always did it everytime he felt flustered or held back his anger. But i wonder when he was with Sooah at the cafe and met with Yiseo-Geunsoo, he did it again. What exactly did he feel at that time? Did he feel anxious that Yiseo was jealous seeing him being with Sooah? Again, i feel that gesture is his own idea too from the beginning. And i think that's just brilliant! Oops, sorry i can't hold back my inner fangirl feelings :wub::P

@Kimsungrin

Once again, we can learn one or two things from the drama. This time i think i can learn from Sooah. That it's true everything needs money, but money isn't everything. She has live the life she always wanted. Has a nice house and nice car by her own hard work. But she still feels empty. None of those really gives her the true happiness. Like they said, lonely is a man without love. At the end of the day, love is all we need. Sounds cliche but that's the truth. I see a lot of this kind of thing happening around me. Finally i'd like to quote Benjamin Franklin, "if you would be loved, love and be lovable" instead of being selfish. It's her choice after all. But we can see no one is really on her side now. 

@serenilmauve

Ikr.. Now people are craving for the preview))

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ari_bian said:

About Sae Ro Yi, taking very long to realize his feelings towards Yi Seo is actually classic of most great stories.

In hunger games, Katniss realizing how she feels about Peeta after quite some time because she was not in that headspace yet to realize what she feels and was even more hesitant to realize what she feels because of Gale.

In Gone with the wind, Scarlett took a long time to realize that she loves Rhett Butler as for many years she was too focus on her love for the weak Ashley...

And in Itaewon Class, Sae Ro Yi also took a long time to realize what he feels and is also hesitant to even entertain the thought because he thought he likes Soo Ah and the age gap and his revenge...

These three characters had to undergo a huge wake up call for them to realize who they truly love...

OT.. as you mention it already, i miss scarlett o'hara.. i love gone with the wind very much.. maybe after IC i will read the novel again until Black Widow (any marvel fan here? :phew:) in may :ph34r:

• Like 1

@Anjalifairy Ep 14 is really bugging me. LOL. I keep wanting to write more.

Spoiler

Ah.. I remember now. That drink service could be possible. But of course with the current situation, it's better to make a few outdoor activities. If it is not really necessary then it's better to stay at home. Here in my part of the world, some schools and college here are being temporarily off and all the learning will be done online for the time being. Anyway, hope all of this virus could be overcome asap. 

Yup the actors usually discuss how to do their scenes in details or making some adlibs. It is good that the outcome turned pretty well. 

3 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

. I noticed he always did it everytime he felt flustered or held back his anger. But i wonder when he was with Sooah at the cafe and met with Yiseo-Geunsoo, what exactly did he feel at that time? Did he feel anxious that Yiseo was jealous seeing him being with Sooah? Again, i feel that gesture is his own idea too from the beginning. And i think that's just brilliant! Oops, sorry i can't hold back my inner fangirl feelings 

He pats her hair because he shows her his affection or like giving her a compliment after she did a good deed. He stop doing it when his heart start feeling uneasy after the confessions. It's cute to see him seems pretty oblivious with the new feelings he experiences toward YS and pats his own hair awkwardly. That gaze is just him feeling some sort of guilty. No one ask him to go after YS. He's like he has to go after her. Now he can sense that she is hurt that moment she sees him with SA. The script usually adds some details like this and the actors will likely to discuss how they'll execute their emotions for those scenes. Watching some dramas bts gives me a little knowledge in this. LOL. No worries. It's just what I am doing now. Fangirl over PSR or PSJ, well both. Hahaha

Also, do we have talked about this scene yet? SR can't stop feeling worried for YS when he left her for the stakeholders meeeting. His mind was not in that room. He keeps thinking of collapsed YS. Then rushed back to check on her right away. When he stops YS from leaving her room. Aww... that part when he warns her to stop over-working or else he would fire her on the spot. It's just very pleasant to see how he really worried for her and how she really stays there as he said. I love that expressions they have for those moments. If only YS wasn't sick she might have kicked that guy and runs for help. I wonder where's MHY while SR asked her to stay by her side 24/7. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sueeila said:

OT.. as you mention it already, i miss scarlett o'hara.. i love gone with the wind very much.. maybe after IC i will read the novel again until Black Widow (any marvel fan here? :phew:) in may :ph34r:

OT... I  love Scarlett too. One of the best female heroine for all time...

Now that is another very strong woman who loves with a passion lol.

i even quote her more times than I can count...

”After all, tomorrow is another day” :D

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@Alice Wonderland

The same thing is happening in my country. The situation here begins to get more and more alarming because of the virus :unsure: Hope we can overcome this as soon as possible and everything will get better. Stay healthy everyone!

Spoiler

The thing is from what i see, not all young actors like him seem to have a lot of ideas where the idea is well received. And why i confidently emphasize this, because I keep hearing almost all of his co-stars always say the same things and praise him for this. Of course he should discuss how to do it with the director and co stars so the result comes out naturally.

Well, i should stop here bcs i must sound too biased now. Kkkkkk :P :D

Oh, so i think i guess it right. All i know when he patted his hair the moment YS saw him with SA 1. He experienced a great internal conflict in him. I guess at that time he didn't know what he was doing but instead just got up and tried to go after her. And if he had managed to catch her at that time, i don't think he would know what to say to her. He's still confused and just being impulsive. 2. Also when Sooah saw him patted his hair, it's the moment when reality hit her. She finally realized that Saeroy doesn't have the same feelings for her anymore. Oh probably she did know it, but it's more like a verification. So in other words, it's a moment where Saeroy and Sooah both are aware that their relationship was hopeless.

Yeah, when he warned her to stop over working and would fire her if she kept insisting, why i see it as him being so romantic and sweet :wub:  Like he ever would do it to her, huh? :D

lol i wonder the same thing. Just where is mahyuni during the kidnapping

• Like 6

But i am as dejected as SY in the 3rd slide.  He said he clearly told her he has no feelings for her.  It reminded me of the hospital scene where she wanted to work super hard to be able to be with him.  And her tear at her sofa after seeing SRY together with SA.

Credit to author

• Like 4

17 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I thought it showed PSR being obvious. I was on episode12 yesterday and only got to ep 14 this morning. The only reason why I started commenting now is that I have been busy with real life. And only had time to even think about IC now.

PSR's mind was clearly operating on automatic mode that he likes SA. You could see the dawning realization that he felt something emotionally when he saw YS reaction at the date with SA. Is there something wrong with being clueless? That's the standard for Kdramas.

. . . .

Good writing. Consistent characters. I like the director by the way and the lighting. I am currently on another drama where the pace is so s... l... o... w...  Where every. Word. Is. Important. And. Needs. It's. Own. Sentence.

So yeah Itaewon Class is fine by me thanks.

On point.  Nicely summed up.

[COVID 19--How awful it feels to live through a moment in history, assuming we all live through it.]

• Sad 3