[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

6 hours ago, mujisano said:

Some characters are not making much sense, especially JGS, I really dislike how his change was so drastic and jarring. Yes, he's entitled to hold both light and darkness in him, but the way this change was executed and shown was not believable.

And now they're claiming that he is his father's mini-me? Not by a long shot.... If he was, he would have been able to save Danbam each time they were in hot waters, and not have had to rely on Yi-seo's abilities. JGS says he's madly in love with Yi-seo, but WHY? I wish there was some time dedicated to showing how that love began & flourished.

I found it unsettling how extreme his shift was. But you’re right, he wasn’t competent to save DB every time it hit trouble, so why would he be considered as heir and a mini me to his father? Well, seeing as he bugged his coworkers phone or recorded their conversations (maybe by getting him drunk first to put his guard down?) the only reason he even got so far in Jangga was relying on his connections to DB to get inside intel that would ever so slightly get him ahead in the game. Which will most defiantly come back to haunt him. What will happen to jangga in  he end? Will GS or GW Inherit it? Or the ahjumma that was relocated and possibly become the step mom of that cute daughter (forget her name)?

• Insightful 1

6 hours ago, veespn said:

Is it just me or KDM outshines everyone in the drama? 

I think her acting is becoming more stale. Initially I thought she was a great actress, but in the last few episodes her acting is very similar to the acting of OSA and JGS: deer-in-the-headlight expression with some weird pouting of the lips. I guess her range of acting is not broad enough yet. She can play one hell of a b-i-t-c-h, but playing a more vulnerable character is not convincing.

I enjoyed watching Itaewon, but I am happy it is coming to an end. The series almost had a freefall in terms of quality and the drop in rating really shows it. I think they pushed KDM a bit too much after she gained popularity amongst viewers. But the core of the story should always have been PSRY vs the chairman.

It is a bit of a Park Seo Joon thing. Secretary Kim also started out super strong to end up quite average.

• Unamused 4
  • Confused 1

I’m reading so many negative comments here just because ratings slightly dropped, that I feel like I’m sadly for some reasons not welcomed with my love for every moment, every character and especially every actor in this drama anymore... 

No preview. New film making. 

Brutal ending. They changed it a bit from webtoon to make more clear parallel between Sae Roy and his dad.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I'm currently watching Episode 14 and 

Spoiler

although I understand what people are saying about the audience's blind spot - the time jump and the audience not seeing what happened in those 4 years for PSRY to eventually fall for another woman or something - I'm not that concerned about it. I'll just use my imagination. Two people working closely together like PSRY and JYS, for instance... so many things can happen. I also understand the drop in ratings because I also found myself skipping some of the scenes but I'm still hanging on because of Kim Dami and the ending I want for JYS :D

Here, in Episode 14, I like how the show handles PSRY's relationship with OSA. He had a free day and he called OSA because for him, he likes her. So they go out on a date and they talk about their plans. Then you can see the change in PSRY when he saw JYS. Some will say how can he change just like that, but to me it's realistic. Have you ever been in a relationship where you just go by your routine? You're in a relationship so you think you love him, he loves you, etc. but over time, you don't think about whether you love the person anymore or not, you're just together because... you are. That's how PSRY is. He's too focused on getting revenge that the part of him who needs love just froze, and so he's stuck with his feelings for OSA. Then one day, boom! He just realizes he needs something else. That's what the date scene with OSA was like for me, and I think it happens to many couples more than people think.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 4

Does the writer lost the grips of story ?

Why eps. 13 like nothing significant  

drama which started with deep heartfelt unsung heroes story why suddenly turns to be  a kind random soap operas ?

Confusing me waiting a real brilliant plot down turn to happen. 

• Like 1

Story has gotten lame. JGS is lame. JGW is lame and still stupid. PSR is now lame after episode 14. JYS has gone from super annoying who needs a good beating to someone who has gotten less annoying but still annoying nevertheless. OSA and old man Jang are now the real stars.

• Unamused 2

I am done with OSA's entitlement. All these years you were never there for him in his crucial moments, now you have a home and a stable life, you are indirectly ask PSR to settle down with you and confess his feelings to you? What the hell? Did she ever care about his emotions at all? Now he is rich, you want to settle down? But what contribution you brought from your side? I am done with her. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

I'm currently watching Episode 14 and 

Hide contents

although I understand what people are saying about the audience's blind spot - the time jump and the audience not seeing what happened in those 4 years for PSRY to eventually fall for another woman or something - I'm not that concerned about it. I'll just use my imagination. Two people working closely together like PSRY and JYS, for instance... so many things can happen. I also understand the drop in ratings because I also found myself skipping some of the scenes but I'm still hanging on because of Kim Dami and the ending I want for JYS :D

Here, in Episode 14, I like how the show handles PSRY's relationship with OSA. He had a free day and he called OSA because for him, he likes her. So they go out on a date and they talk about their plans. Then you can see the change in PSRY when he saw JYS. Some will say how can he change just like that, but to me it's realistic. Have you ever been in a relationship where you just go by your routine? You're in a relationship so you think you love him, he loves you, etc. but over time, you don't think about whether you love the person anymore or not, you're just together because... you are. That's how PSRY is. He's too focused on getting revenge that the part of him who needs love just froze, and so he's stuck with his feelings for OSA. Then one day, boom! He just realizes he needs something else. That's what the date scene with OSA was like for me, and I think it happens to many couples more than people think.

Agreed!

This is very realistic. Nothing more to add you said it all

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2020-03-14-23-59-09.png

IC trending on Naver:

1. IC webtoon ending

2. IC preview

3. IC 15 ep. preview

46 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

I am done with OSA's entitlement. All these years you were never there for him in his crucial moments, now you have a home and a stable life, you are indirectly ask PSR to settle down with you and confess his feelings to you? What the hell? Did she ever care about his emotions at all? Now he is rich, you want to settle down? But what contribution you brought from your side? I am done with her. 

The thing about OSA's, I don't like her as a person, but I do like her as a character in the story and how much by using her writer critiques or challenges certain types of people. 

Also, if you guys skip some parts, of course, you will not understand some characters. And Gun Soo never did 180 turns. To understand characters in IC, people should stop viewing them as "evil vs. good". Gun Soo is driven by jealousy, broken heart and determination to be someone bigger than he is. He had hope because Sae Roy didn't seemingly feel the same way as Yi Seo. But because he found a goal where to put his energy and mind, it doesn't mean he turned into "evil Gun Soo". Deep down he is still confused about the world, his life and what is the love the same way all characters feel confused. Including Oh Soo Ah and Park Sae Roy. Having the goal or dreams doesn't mean you figured out all the right things or how life works. 

"Good" people capable of doing bad things, make mistakes and be super selfish, just like "bad" people can feel reliable or understandable pain, have familial problems or reasons why they decided to be more "brutal" in life, than your average "good guy".

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

Boo....what should happen is PSR bends OSA to his will and makes her sacrifice something to be with him. This is in character with his stoic, goal focused, never changing nature. Not this lame PSR-JYS crap. PSR has become lame after he already put JYS in her place. He shouldnt change now when he never expected anything different from OSA. If he really planned to make her a goal like he stated, then he should have given instructions and guidance to eventually be with her. Now he has feelings for that brat JYS when his plan all along was OSA???? LAME...PSR loses the ultimate (what a man should be) card and falls into the bucket of the typical confused average guy

• Unamused 4

GS confirming (again) that his only motive for joining Jangga was because of YS is......yeah...no.

That's just poor writing. I would've felt more sympathetic if his reason was to gain his father's love/approval or something. That would've made sense. I'm ready for this to wrap up lol. It's not bad but compared to earlier episodes it feels like the writer is having trouble tying everything together.

Anyone who's read the webtoon, how is this supposed to end? I'm curious. 

• Like 1

Please cut the writer some slack:confused:. Like someone said earlier, he's a webtoon writer, not a drama writer, meaning he doesn't have much experience in this particular field: he's a rookie. And for a rookie, he's doing waaay better than some experienced writers. I understand your disappointment in the story (believe me, I share some of it too). But let's support them and hope for the best. We still have 2 more episodes left. :wink:

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, x75274 said:

Boo....what should happen is PSR bends OSA to his will and makes her sacrifice something to be with him. This is in character with his stoic, goal focused, never changing nature. Not this lame PSR-JYS crap. PSR has become lame after he already put JYS in her place

With all your judgement and your weird theory about this drama, i'm surprised you're still here and still watching it until this far -_-

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 5

53 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

g on Naver:

1. IC webtoon ending

2. IC preview

3. IC 15 ep. preview

The thing about OSA's, I don't like her as a person, but I do like her as a character in the story and how much by using her writer critiques or challenges certain types of people. 

Also, if you guys skip some parts, of course, you will not understand some characters. And Gun Soo never did 180 turns. To understand characters in IC, people should stop viewing them as "evil vs. good". Gun Soo is driven by jealousy, broken heart and determination to be someone bigger than he is. He had hope because Sae Roy didn't seemingly feel the same way as Yi Seo. But because he found a goal where to put his energy and mind, it doesn't mean he turned into "evil Gun Soo". Deep down he is still confused about the world, his life and what is the love the same way all characters feel confused. Including Oh Soo Ah and Park Sae Roy. Having the goal or dreams doesn't mean you figured out all the right things or how life works. 

"Good" people capable of doing bad things, make mistakes and be super selfish, just like "bad" people can feel reliable or understandable pain, have familial problems or reasons why they decided to be more "brutal" in life, than your average "good guy".

Thanks for saying GS didn't do a 180 round. The show has been preparing the viewers for his leaving Dan Bam ever since he found out the truth about his family and SRY and especially ever since YS told him he could win her over if he took over Jang Ga. And the fact that he had a puppy love for YS doesn't mean that he can't have brains like his dad and run the company.

I think he is more complex than more of would like to accept. Maybe what makes it so hard to see is the actor's limited experience.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1