[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

15 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

Hai... i get SA is not a bad person.  I just feel she lost her timing and opportunity with SRY.  She and SRY is like some of the relationship we may know... too long and already lost the spark feelings but still cling onto it without any goal.

I understand people feel the pain if SRY did not end up with her.  But they both at fault.  One is too engrossed with revenge and the other too scared to let go her successful career to help the only person she loves. ((Shrug))  It is good to be young.  You can be reckless.

About SY?  She let go all her opportunites to support SRY because she love him.  Can SA ever do that?  Give up her everything to support SRY?

I guess if we can here the thoughts of SRY then we will know when his heart has shifted subconciously.

Very true @tok-soompi SA isn’t a bad person. When I first started to watch it I couldn’t bring myself to like but if Park SAae-RoYi chooses her I can be happy for him. SA is a very complex character , she is selfish and works hard so that she can be successful. She doesn’t  want charity and I like that about her. As I watch I feel that she doesn’t believe she should be loved by PS because she can’t really do anything for him because she is trying to survive. She told him she wants a man with money.  I think SA confuses her affection for PS as a lover but to more as family and it is vice versa for Park Sae Ro-Yi. It’s that they haven’t realized that yet. 
I believe Watching PSR & SA and PS &JYS are so very different. PSR is more talkative towards JYS than SA. He talks about his struggles, what he wants and his feelings. JYS sees a man who who is an idealist, has empathy and is honest but see that he is struggling alone. She wants to remove that burden for him, give him some freedom. In episode 9, JSY sais she is crazy in love with her boss and wants him to only think of her which sounds very selfish but TBH , I felt she lied. She wanted him to stop struggling so hard to get back at JGW and JDD. She will always remember the scars on his arms that he got from working so hard. She cried for him because of all the pain he must have suffered since he lost his father.  

I love your comments and so very true on PSR ,JYS ans SA@serenilmauve @greenwatch08 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mentioned before SRY is someone who lives his life with a set of principles because of his father. Like SRY said, he didnt want to live a life of regrets & consequences hence him always being a

Agree with everything you wrote.  Also, it is tad bit disingenuous to say that he changed his mind in a few episode.  He made the declaration to SA in episode 6 but realized his love for YS in episode

Goodbye IC..  It's been an exciting 2 months i spent my weekends with you, and 5 months i start following about this drama in this thread and finally meet you guys and it's so entertaining readin

Just in case you guys are interested, someone has added english subtitle to these making videos below

Spoiler

Caption : our boss.. He sent a proof shot that he's doing well.. 

Saeroy is an old-fashioned man, he doesn't have SNS guys~ :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, Kimsungrin said:

Exactly! She chose not to. OSA is not trying to build a special connection with PSRY nor to overcome her nature.

I am the first to admit that JYS is making much more progression making changes to herself.  OSA is a more fearful person and so I think her movements and changes are much less noticeable.  Her actions are more about not saying or doing things that would definitely help Jangga as opposed to actively helping PSR.  I sense there is a lot of conflict within her and indecisiveness.  Lastly, I will say that I was making an attempt to explain their behavior in light of their personalities.  It was in no way meant to be a justification of any of their behaviors.  In the end, as all have pointed out, each person has free will to make choices and in the end that is the true determination of that person.

Rewatching episode 7.  This is a question for those her our knowledgeable about Korean customs and mores between men and women.  In the scene where JYS grabs PSR's arm and asks about the scars, followed by her grabbing onto his arm while she cried.  It is quite an intimate scene and very romantic.  My question is, would JYS's action have been considered overly forward or overly intimate based upon their then relationship.  From other KDramas, I just got the impression that this type of physical contact would be considered a bit risque or rude since physical contact seems a bit more guarded in South Korean culture.  I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

• Like 1

@Anjalifairy

MHY tells JYS that SRY is old fashioned lol. Like hes 29 years old but has a heart of a sage. He's an old soul kind of guy.

@larrysouth

I'm not Korean or from SK but the way people act on tv shows that I've watched, not sure if it's just pure exaggeration on the tv part, but from what I noticed SKorea people tend to be very handsy? In grade schools, I'm not sure it it's true but only seen on shows, teachers get really rough/touches students when disciplining them. From the US perspective, teachers won't ever touch a student/discipline them physically or else they'll get fine/trouble. In SK

from professional work spaces, seniority is very important so I think older/higher status folks gets away acting inappropriate/physically rude towards younger people/colleagues. In terms of romantics between people, I'm not sure though lol. 

After watching 12 episodes of IC, & thinking of the room scene in ep 7, it really puts everything in perspective how SRY sees JYS & their relationship to eachother. SRY mentioned in ep 11 that he considers JYS as a friend & partner. He also tells JYS that she is mistaken seeing him romantically as he tells her they are like 'family'. By ep. 7, he probably sees her has a friend & partner already because of how she manages Danbam well. He tells her he needs her so it was fine if JYS didnt go to college because it was her choice in ep 6. SRY seems plenty comfortable allowing JYS in his space. So when she touches him & lay on his lap, he seems taken aback but not opposed. It was a very intimate scene so JYS being close to SRY probably gave him a sense of comfort when he let himself be vulnerable. The scene cuts to SRY & JYS on the bus where he puts her head on his shoulder & catches several glimpse of her in which he smiles.  

SRY must not be used to recieving physical comfort/touches by people so JYS crying, touching him is still all new? He was taken aback when SA hugged him in ep 2. The one thing I noticed SRY is actually a touchy person when needed to be. He gives comfort to people in physical touches towards Danbam crew & SA. In ep 12 When MHY cried he let her into his chest & hug her. He hugged JGS when he cried & pats JYS's head many times. He held SA's hand at the bus scene. So then it begs the question, does SRY really see JYS just as a friend/partner because you'll never allow a friend/partner lay on your lap lol or caress them on the bus home. In ep 11 when asked the question if he ever had feelings for JYS before, SRY looks at JYS intently, pauses slightly as to ponder upon it & responds, 'Never, not even once.' SRY may not have been aware of JYS's feelings but I think hes bewildered that he might have growing feelings he's not aware of before/or suppressing it. 

Btw, I read an interesting superstition in SK culture about the first snowfall. If a person confess to someone or significant other during the first snowfall, it indicates and foretells a blooming & long lasting relationship of love between the two. I'm not sure if it was intentional but JYS confess to SRY during the first snowfall when she got rejected. That might be a hint into the future? They're already together as a friend & partner, but as lovers? :phew: Hmmm lol. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

The ARMYs are very excited about the OST after Taehyung informed it on "Weverse" before.  Some of the news from KMedia translated by ARMy translators:

The song wishes sweet nights to Park Saroyi who's suffered through many painful nights.

This part is quite touching since we know about PSR's background.

*ARMYs will trend it on Twitter when it is released in a few more hours.

• Like 3

Official Promo stills for upcoming episode. :oB) I'm ready for ep13. These are fantastic shots btw. I didnt know who were behind all these hd quality photo sets. I believe the IG 'lim_hyoseon' is the photographer for some of the major bts photo shots for the show. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OSEN | 2020. 03. 12. 9:37 PM

"Itaewon Class" unveils tense love triangle through still-cut series

6F301A88-1E56-4080-A945-92E5BDBCF58F.jpg

Will any changes happen to the love story of youngsters in the drama ''Itaewon Class''?

On March 13, prior to the broadcast of episode 13, the Fri-Sat drama ''Itaewon Class'' (JTBC, director: Kim Sung Yoon, scriptwriter: Jo Gwang Jin) announced still-cut photos that signaled the flow of time through changes in the appearance of Park Sae Ro Yi (played by Park Seo Joon), Jo Yi Seo (played by Kim Da Mi) and Oh Soo Ah (played by Kwon Na Ra). However, the ambiguous love triangle is still ongoing, stimulating audiences' curiosity about the upcoming development.

In the previous episode, the passionate Park Sae Ro Yi with intact ambition and faith once again blew up his will of revenge. His eyes when saying "Before completing revenge, I cannot be happy" showed his will stronger than ever. In the Best Pub cooking contest bet with the pride of Danbam and Jangga, Ma Hyun Yi (played by Lee Joo Young) won the qualifying round and became famous. In the meantime, Jang Geun Soo (played by Kim Dong Hee) who was blinded by Jangga's winning ambition, made it public that Ma Hyun Yi was a transsexual, causing a shock to her. However, thanks to the sincere support and encouragement of the Danbam members, Ma Hyun Yi returned to the stage and loudly stated, "I am Ma Hyun Yi, the chef of Danbam. I am a transgender person. And today I will win." That moment has moved viewers.

Meanwhile, the changes of the 3 young people when they returned with confident eyes and more mature looks have attracted a lot of attention. Viewers can feel the calmness and depth formed over the years exuded from the look of Park Sae Ro Yi when changing from the Danbam pub owner in Itaewon area with the burning dream of revenge to the CEO of I.C joint stock company, as well as in the appearance of Jo Yi Seo - the girl who always works side by side Park Sae Ro Yi and promotes the brilliant development of Danbam. Accordingly, viewers are looking forward to whether Park Sae Ro Yi with the dream to turn Danbam into a brand and regain No.1 position in the F&B industry really succeeds in toppling Jangga Corporation - which the chairman Jang Dae Hee (played by Yoo Jae Myung) considers his everything.

In another photo, the tension is pushed to the climax when Jo Yi Seo and Oh Soo Ah once again confront in an equal mind game. Previously, when Jo Yi Seo cried her heart out when failing to confess her unrequited love for Park Sae Yo Ri, viewers couldn't help but feel sorry for her. However, in the preview after the episode ended, she still shows an unchanged heart, saying, "That I like the director is the decision of my heart and my right." Then, when meeting Oh Soo Ah, Jo Yi Seo doesn't hesitate over saying provocative words like "You once had the unruffled thought that Sae Ro Yi would always like you, but now you seem concerned that the director will like me." The viewers are anticipating to see whether the straightforward unrequited love of Jo Yi Seo can move Park Sae Ro Yi, who always has Oh Soo Ah in his heart.

In Episode 13, broadcast on March 13, Jo Yi Seo will express anger at Jang Geun Soo's vile action (played by Kim Dong Hee) of revealing Ma Hyun Yi's transgender identity in the previous episode. However, because of being triggered by Jo Yi Seo's unwavering love for Park Sae Ro Yi, Jang Geun Soo is expected that he will not stop. On the other hand, facing the unpredictable risk of the Jangga Group, President Jang is accelerating to compress Park Sae So Yi's growth. The two's 10-year battle is still going on, getting more and more attention from the audience.

The production team of "Itaewon Class" said, "Episode 13 today (March 13) will add more tension as the unclear triangle love of Park Se Ro Yi, Jo Yi Seo and Oh Soo Ah is still ongoing though the time passed by. Hopefully, you guys will watch to see whether Jo Yi Seo's unchanged frank confession will be able to shake Park Sae Ro Yi's heart."

OSEN = Reporter Kang Seo Jung /kangsj@osen.co.kr

Photo = Provided by JTBC 

Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive

https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Taehyung is my bias in BTS and i was quite disappointed by lack of screen time and lines in last few years because of bighit's bias.

Thanks his friendship with park seo joon, he got chance to express his talent as an artist. The song is the genre that he likes and he got deep soulful voice which fits the emotion of drama. He is just gifted with natural emotive voice. So happy as his fan

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Taehyung is my bias in BTS and i was quite disappointed by lack of screen time and lines in last few years because of bighit's bias.

Thanks his friendship with park seo joon, he got chance to express his talent as an artist. The song is the genre that he likes and he got deep soulful voice which fits the emotion of drama. He is just gifted with natural emotive voice. So happy as his fan

I’m one of the very few people, who don’t follow BTS, but I like Tae;) Probably because of PSJ, but he is indeed talented though. Didn’t expect song to be in full English:w00t:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

Thanks to those who like #SweetNight by Taehyung.  The ARMYs have flooded Weverse to congratulate him on his song.  Thank you to BH for giving the members opportunity to create their own songs.  Credit to those involved:

:glasses: This'll be the last post about the song from me here and can't wait to watch the next episode of this drama.  Enjoy.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

I’m one of the very few people, who don’t follow BTS, but I like Tae;) Probably because of PSJ, but he is indeed talented though. Didn’t expect song to be in full English:w00t:

Same hereee! I don't follow BTS and i know only a few of their songs, but i'm happy V, as a world star and of course as PSJ's lil brother took part by lending his voice to the drama OST. Yeah, i was surprised too the song is full in english :w00t: Nice song btw :)Drama sure has amazing OST line up ;)

I knew it, Sweet Night now trending. The power of Armys :lol:

Top chefs in SK are cheering on Danbam:)

JYS : daldalhan bam (means sweet night) #danbam

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
1 hour ago, serenilmauve said:

22 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Same hereee! I don't follow BTS and i know only a few of their songs, but i'm happy V, as a world star and of course as PSJ's lil brother took part by lending his voice to the drama OST. Yeah, i was surprised too the song is full in english :w00t: Nice song btw :)Drama sure has amazing OST line up ;)

I knew it, Sweet Night now trending. The power of Armys :lol:

Thank you both. 

Spoiler

I owe Taehyung  because I got to know BTS through him when he acted in the drama "Hwarang" which both took part in.  The world is small :blush: and interconnected.  

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

I knew it, Sweet Night now trending. The power of Armys :lol:

For sure, it’s #1 on Melon too (biggest music streaming service in SK). I’m glad to see, that Gaho, Kim Feel and Ha Hyun Woo songs also climbing up charts;)

4-ACB6-BFB-D4-F9-45-DF-A989-576-F08-B787

• Like 3

Wow song is smashing. From sources.

First korean ost to debut at top of us itunes.

Highest unique listeners on melon in first hour by solo artist in 2020!!!!

I don't mind extra buzz for the drama. Hope they play it today during episode.....and we cross 15% rating marks.

Btw song  is at top of 63 itunes charts!!

Most iTunes #1’s for a Korean Soloist 'SONG' (countries): 1. Gangnam Style (86) 2. Chicken Noodle Soup (79) 3. Sweet Night (63) [So far]

• Like 1
11 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:
Official Promo stills for upcoming episode. :oB) I'm ready for ep13. These are fantastic shots btw. I didnt know who were behind all these hd quality photo sets. I believe the IG 'lim_hyoseon' is the photographer for some of the major bts photo shots for the show. 

@greenwatch08 Thanks so much for the photos.  I love the shot where PSR and YSA are talking in the office.  The background makes me think that they are in some sort of government battle bunker.  LOL.

If the red boxes represent operational franchises, they have about 46 locations across the world. including four locations in North America.  That would be really impressive growth.

• Like 2
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰