[Drama 2020] Good Casting, 굿 캐스팅

larus

16 hours ago, Wook's Fan said:

As already someone mentioned, there are a lot of unanswered questions. One of them is, whom did  So Hui called Dad?

It's just two episode left, I just want the live lines to accelerate and approach in time.

That can be explained that she is a kid and very impressionable. If she was a little older maybe I would have believed that she can recognize her father from a picture. But in the same time I wonder if that information was a red herring or it was supposed to be another piece of puzzle. I personally never believed that Min-Seok was a double agent or he faked his death (from what I saw so far and from my gut feeling) but I will never say never. Chief Seo was alive when he took the poison.

16 hours ago, Wook's Fan said:

Especially, Kang Woo Wan, he doesn't even know yet that she is an NIS agent. Moreover she is a mother of a kid.... {he even called her a virgin

He found out that she is a NIS agent and his first reaction was that she faked her ID. I like how he pointed out that she can`t be a real agent because she is a quilable person. :lol: He has to find out that she has a kid. Woo Won was a character that the only reason the writer created him was to bring laughter. I don`t mind his childish behavious because I did not take him serious.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, jelly said:

Despite the drama's flaws, I do find myself rather enjoying it. It promoted itself as a female fronted action/spy thriller, and I got that. I do agree with what @larus said about Seok-ho's character. Ep 14, he only had 2 minutes of screen time LOL just like the screen time he got in Once Again last episode too. He is utilized well in this drama, since its not his show, when he does pop up its always a hoot! Overall, despite the lack of screen-time for him, the show uses his abilities as an actor well. IA with @reddragon on his lack of care for his company. I think he only took on the role to follow in the patriarchal lineage of his deceased father, but never cared for it.

Meanwhile the idol storyline/actor is very weak and annoying. After he's no longer suspected, he should've been killed off or sent away. I did love the female bonding moment in the karaoke booth though!

I agree!  I am enjoying this drama too.

And although he is not a lead, just love Seok-Ho and all his scenes.

Also, I wish they stop the scenes of the Woo Wan.  He is supposed to bring laughter to the show and lighten it up.  But his antics and his diva attitude isn't funny.  And seriously, if you had a relationship with a real man, would you be attracted to a high maintenance girlie guy?! 

Good Casting: Episode 13

by Sunny

GoodCasting13-00169.jpg

As one of our agents spends time recuperating, the rest of the team scrambles to find the person responsible for a major crime within the NIS facility. As the spies draw more conclusions about the nefarious criminals running amok, our intrepid CEO and his right-hand man are making connections of their own.

EPISODE 13 RECAP

GoodCasting13-00001.jpg

Reviewing security footage, Mi-soon and Gwan-soo find the deliveryman who’d brought Kook-hwan’s poisoned soup had an “M” tattoo. Gwan-soo interviews the security agent in charge but the man can’t remember the deliveryman’s face. Gwan-soo storms out finds another team of agents clearing out Kook-hwan’s office. He tells one of the men to store Kook-hwan’s possessions separately and joins Mi-soon and Ye-eun in their operation room.

While Moo-hyuk reports on the poison in Kook-hwan’s food, Mi-soon explains to Ye-eun it’s a natural toxin that has no antidote. Moo-hyuk adds Ok Cheol hasn’t made any movements. At the same time, Ok Cheol is on the phone with Director Myeong, discussing the third stage of development and suggesting he’s earned a special bonus. Director Myeong laughs cruelly and warns him Kook-hwan has already been eliminated for getting greedy.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/good-casting-episode-13/

I am only watching this for KWW and Ye Eun. I think they dragged the whole Michael thing out too long, and I just kind of lost interest the last 3 episodes.

Agree that KWW is really childish, but Ye Eun is such a calm and sweet natured woman, I kind of feel she's good for him. She doesn't seem to mind too much his antics. I'm not into the tsundere guys usually, though. :D

Anyway, seems he's going to confess in ep 15. Will be funny to see how he reacts when he realizes that he's going to become a step father. heheh :D

I've been enjoying the Good Casting, I agree it is uneven, but I do like the mix of comedy and seriousness. Still not sure what to think about KWW, but at times I do feel he has outlived his usefulness. 

Somewhat shocked on the Michael reveal on episode 14, just b/c he came off so inept and at times he did come off as a stressed out salaryman. lol. But I never did notice his M tattoo. 

Stills

202006131667015850_1.jpg

A scene in which Kang Woo-won (Lee Jun-young) invited Lim Ye-eun (In-young Yoo) to her home late at night. Lim Ye-eun is amazed that the whole house is filled with candles and balloons, and Kang Woo-won plays the grand piano and sings serenade with a sweet voice.

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/202006131667015850

Good Casting: Episode 14

by Sunny

GoodCasting14-00136.jpg

We’re nearing the end of our run and as such our team is due some progress in their mission. Ill-advised as it may be to trust a mole, using a mole as bait may be the team’s only chance to catch the Big Baddie. He’s a formidable opponent so our spies will have to tread carefully if they don’t want him to slip through their fingers.

EPISODE 14 RECAP

GoodCasting14-00005.jpgGoodCasting14-00006.jpg

We rewind to Kook-hwan’s conversation with Gwan-soo. He’s unwilling to hand over Director Myeong’s secret, instead recommending Gwan-soo use him as bait to catch Director Myeong. He says letting it be known he’s alive will spur Director Myeong and his associates to act, since exposing Myeong will bring down a lot of people. He promises to hand over the secret once Myeong is arrested.

When Gwan-soo pitches it to the team, Chan-mi is against working with Kook-hwan. Gwan-soo agrees Kook-hwan isn’t to be trusted but adds Kook-hwan claimed they could catch Michael with Director Myeong’s secret. Ye-eun chimes in the third stage will be completed in a week, thinking it best to catch Myeong beforehand. Outnumbered, Chan-mi sighs and asks for the plan. After leaking Kook-hwan’s survival to Myeong, they waited until he took the bait.

Following the men who took Kook-hwan, Mi-soon and Ye-eun recognize the “White Collar” logo on their van. Unfortunately, the drivers notice they’re being tailed and manage to shake Gwan-soo. Thankfully, Chan-mi is in a separate car and still in pursuit. Reaching their destination, the kidnappers drag Kook-hwan inside a house, where Director Myeong is stoking the fireplace. He laments Kook-hwan not understanding when to quit and demands the original audio file. Kook-hwan asks what happens when he hands it over.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/good-casting-episode-14/

Choi Kang Hee’s Rage Bubbles At The Surface As She Aims Her Gun In “Good Casting”

Jun 15, 2020
by J. Lim
e99e159fcb774821b0545f1f84c4b6c3.jpeg?s=

SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Good Casting” has released new stills of Choi Kang Hee experiencing a myriad of emotions as she holds someone at gunpoint.

Spoilers

“Good Casting” is an action comedy that tells the story of women working in the National Intelligence Service (NIS). Choi Kang Hee plays the role of Baek Chan Mi, a black operative for the NIS who goes undercover to catch Michael Lee (Kim Yong Hee), an industrial spy who led to the death of her co-workers.

The new stills show Baek Chan Mi finally coming face to face with Michael Lee, the person she’s been chasing all this time, to arrest him. She aims her gun at him and her eyes are full of anger and sorrow that’s ready to explode out. Her rage against him is palpable as she looks into the eyes of a man whose greed and ambition led to her fellow agents’ lives being lost.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1406844wpp/choi-kang-hees-rage-bubbles-at-the-surface-as-she-aims-her-gun-in-good-casting

“Good Casting” Maintains Solid Viewership Ahead Of Tomorrow’s Finale

Jun 16, 2020
by R. Jun
af4223f714b949c6834294b35162e1c1.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Good Casting,” despite a decrease in ratings, remains the No. 1 Monday-Tuesday drama.

According to Nielsen Korea, the June 15 broadcast of the drama recorded nationwide averages of 6.6 and 8.1 percent viewership, for a 0.4 point decrease from the previous episode. Despite the decrease, the drama still boasts over double the viewership of its closest competitor, MBC’s “Dinner Mate.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1407017wpp/good-casting-maintains-solid-viewership-ahead-of-tomorrows-finale

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Good Casting, 굿 캐스팅

“Good Casting” Actors Reveal Final Thoughts And Favorite Scenes As The Drama Ends

Jun 16, 2020
by C. Lee
deed59d24ad6483692ab15d09cfabb19.jpeg?s=

The actors of “Good Casting” shared their final thoughts and chose their favorite scenes upon the drama’s finale!

The SBS Monday-Tuesday drama, which aired from April 27 to June 16, is an action comedy that tells the story of women working in the National Intelligence Service (NIS). Choi Kang Hee plays the role of Baek Chan Mi, a black operative for the NIS who goes undercover to catch Michael Lee (Kim Yong Hee), an industrial spy who caused the death of her co-workers.

Choi Kang Hee showed off her wide range of acting skills through her fierce character Baek Chan Mi, and she expressed her gratitude to viewers. She said, “I’m thankful because I think a lot of people had fun watching the drama.

She continued, “I had a happy time working with great actors and staff members. I hope ‘Good Casting’ will be remembered as a gift to those who have been with us.”

As for her favorite moment from the drama, Choi Kang Hee chose the fight scene in the abandoned warehouse that became a hot topic after the episode aired. She said, “I remember the scene where Baek Chan Mi and Hwang Mi Soon went to the abandoned warehouse to save Im Ye Eun the most. It was a really exciting scene. I think the energy and explosive power that comes out of Baek Chan Mi’s and Hwang Mi Soon’s small selves, as well as the victory at the end, was pleasing and vicariously satisfying to me.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1407168wpp/good-casting-actors-reveal-final-thoughts-and-favorite-scenes-as-the-drama-ends

So this drama finally ended. I watched the final episode without subs so there is couple think that I have to check again after the subs are available but I liked how this drama ended.

This was fun drama maybe little bit dragging. I loved all the action scenes hated the stupid not so clever agents stuff but overall this ended on the plus note.

“Good Casting” Comes To An End With Significant Boost In Ratings

Jun 17, 2020
by R. Jun

“Good Casting” Comes To An End With Significant Boost In Ratings

SBS’s “Good Casting” came to an end with a significant boost in ratings.

According to Nielsen Korea, the June 16 finale of the drama recorded nationwide averages of 7.9 and 9.8 percent viewership. After maintaining ratings in the 8 percent range for 8 episodes, the drama saw a 1.7 point increase for its finale, nearly breaking back into double digit territory. Unfortunately, the drama wasn’t able to top its own viewership record, which it set at 12.3 percent with its premiere.

Following the finale of “Good Casting,” SBS will be taking a short break from Monday-Tuesday dramas. SBS stated previously that the drama hiatus is due to plans for this year’s Tokyo Olympics falling through, and that the empty slot will be filled with a variety or cultural program.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1407264wpp/good-casting-comes-to-an-end-with-significant-boost-in-ratings

On 6/11/2020 at 7:29 AM, jelly said:

Despite the drama's flaws, I do find myself rather enjoying it. It promoted itself as a female fronted action/spy thriller, and I got that. I do agree with what @larus said about Seok-ho's character. Ep 14, he only had 2 minutes of screen time LOL just like the screen time he got in Once Again last episode too. He is utilized well in this drama, since its not his show, when he does pop up its always a hoot! Overall, despite the lack of screen-time for him, the show uses his abilities as an actor well. IA with @reddragon on his lack of care for his company. I think he only took on the role to follow in the patriarchal lineage of his deceased father, but never cared for it.

Meanwhile the idol storyline/actor is very weak and annoying. After he's no longer suspected, he should've been killed off or sent away. I did love the female bonding moment in the karaoke booth though!

I can hardly recall how the actor/idol is linked to the whole plot. Yup they should have  :ph34r: him and SPARE THE KUNG-FU FIGHTING CHAUFFEUR:bawling: who is cute and useful (to the plot).

Good Casting was a fun drama overall. I did not like the fact that the writers have to kill off Sec. Byun. They could have made him live to continue the bromance. I'd rather he stayed than endure the scenes of Woo Won. The character could have been removed from the drama and it will not have an effect on the story line. Why did they have to include a girlish diva who did not have an iota of basic manners in his life. He's a brute, rude loudmouth who wasn't funny at all.

The actor who playing the role Ok Cheol portrayed him as a clownish lunatic.

This is just a personal observation and sorry to the fans of Lee Sang Yeob. All throughout the drama, I feel that there is some thing wrong with his face. He's got large eyes with double lids that do not appear natural. His nose is large. But I find it weird that he's got a thin nose bridge between the eyes before it widens downwards, making his eyes appear further apart, which seem unnatural.

I am not a fan of Lee Sang Yeob but I like him. I did not find anything weird about his face. He is good looking.

OK. I liked the drama when it was funny. I  like the camaderie between the team , the friendship between the ladies, the bromance between Seok Ho and Woo seok, how fiercy Chan Min and Mi soon were, the fights were good, the comedy. I did  not take everything serious but I wish the writer wound have written better the villains. It is good that this was an action comedy because if there was a serious action drama would have been unwatchable for me. Good villains makes a better drama.

The revelations of Michael was a let down. He was such a crazy clown. I did not enjoy watching the imcompetent corrupt Chief Seo,  Sim Hwa-Ran coming from nowhere.

Kang Woo-Won was so unrelevant to the story but Lee Joon-Young portrayed him well.

I don`t want a second season but if they will do it, I hope they don`t give so much screen time to uninteresting villains.

So what was the ending? I am stuck or rather behind in about 6 dramas so can't catch up.

I mean I want to know if she ended up up with the guy. I don't really care about the villains.

I don't really follow actors and cannot remember the names of majority of them.  But Lee Sang Yeob I  know from his many appearances on Running Man (my fav show).  I think he has a cute expressive face.  He doesn't need to say much but can convey a lot just from his expressions.

I didn't like Woo Won from start to end.  And I really felt sorry to see him end up with Ye-Eun.  She's had a tough break and going from a real man to a girlie, sissy diva.. might be better for her to fall in love with Mi Soon who is 10x the guy Woo Won would never be :D

This was a very enjoyable drama.  Love the interactions between the 3 ladies.   It really lived up to its name 'Good Casting' :)

22 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

So what was the ending? I am stuck or rather behind in about 6 dramas so can't catch up.

I mean I want to know if she ended up up with the guy. I don't really care about the villains.

There is a happy ending to each story line. Pretty much in the same way as anticipated from starting.

The major loss was Secretary Byun :dissapointed_relieved::heartbreak: I just loved watching each time (or even re-watch:lol:) when he was onscreen. He lighted up each seen with his funny charisma. The bonding he shared with Soek Ho and Chani mi was so heart warming. I teared up at the scene when he died.

I too agree that so characters were unnecessarily built. For instance, the idol (seemed just for the sake of a young couple onscreen), Soek Ho's ex. But I think each of them served a specific purpose. In case of Soek Ho's ex, it showed the kind side of Soek Ho. Though she was a b***h, still he saved her from the board members. For Woo Won, even though he wasn't of any help after 3-4 episodes still his presence and actions made us laugh at times. [Still the way, his and Ye Eun's story progressed, it was so raw]

I know I am mixing up emotions. Pardon, but that how is my state of mind right now. 

Anyhow, it liked watching it. Hope you too did. Stay safe.

Currently watching - Dinner Mate

Good Casting: Episode 15

by Sunny

GoodCasting15-00010.jpg

As the number of individual threats begins to dwindle, the remaining antagonists decide to step up their game. Time is running out and the spies scramble to complete their mission before the final phase of the tech is leaked and catch the man (or organization) responsible in the process.

EPISODE 15 RECAP

GoodCasting15-00004.jpg

After murdering Kook-hwan, Ok Cheol’s triumphant singing is interrupted by a call from his shady Russian organization warning he has three days to get phase 3 and get out of Korea without blowing his cover. Ok Cheol mutters to himself there’s just one more left and cackles at a picture of Chan-mi with Seok-ho, remembering he’d met her before. News of Kook-hwan’s death reaches Gwan-soo and he calls Chan-mi to tell her they identified “Michael” and fill her in on his way to verify the body.

As the body was found at the airport, Chan-mi worries Ok Cheol fled but Gwan-soo has already put out an alert and thinks Ok Cheol will try to remain in Korea to handle phase 3. Having arrived, he verifies the body is Kook-hwan and tells the officers not to mention anything about the data leak at Il Kwang. Back at HQ, the team listens to Kook-hwan’s 911 call. Through his choking, Chan-mi hears a whisper and when Moo-hyuk isolates the audio, they identify “Hong Kong.”

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/good-casting-episode-15/

Choi Kang Hee Expresses Admiration For “Good Casting” Co-Stars Lee Sang Yeob, Kim Ji Young, And Yoo In Young

Jun 20, 2020
by S. Cho
01184b96ee17446f8ec03a78857b1645.jpeg?s=

Choi Kang Hee recently expressed admiration and gratitude for her “Good Casting” co-stars Lee Sang Yeob, Kim Ji Young, and Yoo In Young.

In an interview with SPOTV News, Choi Kang Hee commented, “Kim Ji Young and Yoo In Young are people from whom I gain strength just by seeing their faces.”

“Good Casting,” which came to an end on June 16, starred the three actresses as talented National Intelligence Service (NIS) agents. One day, after being forced to be pencil-pushers for a long time, they get the chance to go out into the field again on an undercover mission.

In her role as Baek Chan Mi, Choi Kang Hee played a character with many stereotypically masculine traits and behaviors, rewriting the narrative for women in a funny and unique way. She commented, “The shower scene, among others, felt very out of the ordinary. It was the same for [Kim] Ji Young’s character. The stereotypical roles of husband and wife that you normally see in dramas were reversed.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1408045wpp/choi-kang-hee-expresses-admiration-for-good-casting-co-stars-lee-sang-yeob-kim-ji-young-and-yoo-in-young

U-KISS’s Jun Talks About “Good Casting,” Growing As An Actor, And More

Jun 20, 2020
by L. Ki
U-KISS’s Jun Talks About “Good Casting,” Growing As An Actor, And More

U-KISS’s Jun recently sat down for an interview to talk about his recently concluded drama “Good Casting.”

In the SBS drama about secret agents, he starred as Kang Woo Won, a rising star who ends up working closely with undercover agent Im Ye Eun (played by Yoo In Young), who is on a high-stakes mission to save the nation.

Jun commented, “It was a very enjoyable set, and it was a place where I could learn and grow more as an actor. I’m grateful that we were able to successfully finish filming without anyone getting hurt.”

He shared that he had been a little dispirited after filming “Mr. Temporary” due to his dark character. He said that was when he was offered the role in “Good Casting” and the script made him smile a lot. Concerning his character Kang Woo Won, he shared, “I thought he felt a little selfish and bossy on the outside, but he was pure inside.”

Jun continued he focused a lot on the way Kang Woo Won spoke. He explained, “Since he always spoke in a commanding way, I thought a lot about how to seem more demanding and rude. The synchronization rate with me is about 10 percent.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1407983wpp/u-kisss-jun-talks-about-good-casting-growing-as-an-actor-and-more

Archived