Quantcast
DontEatMyKimchi

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

18 hours ago, amyloves_snsd said:

Btw, Chris Pratt as Yun Feng would be hilarious

I read the same thread. Love the idea of Chris Pratt as Yun Feng, that is on point casting. Lol. Also love the suggestion of Tom Hiddleston as Jing Xiu, he would have given Jing Xiu a really interesting portrayal - finding that intriguing balance between good and evil. As for LX, Saoirse Ronan seems a bit young to me, but I am sure that she'd be a good choice. 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, zijinini said:

三生三世宸汐缘:一世埋愁、一世解忧、一世盼自由

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/152980901/

Terrific article I wish someone could translate this

Dayuuuum L&D fans are SO TALENTED

They are so knowledgeable at everything, and just when you think you already got the drama all figured out, in comes some new discoveries!

Basically the article talks about the Buddhism and Taoism messages and symbolisms found in the story. The article is very long -- I can summarize some main ideas:

- to sacrifice the "little love" (personal good) for the "great love" (greater good) e.g. Ah Mo accepting her death to resurrect Ling Xi; Jiu Chen sacrificing his life to save the world

- Fa Shen (soul) vs Bao Shen (body) vs Ying Shen (incarnation) --> a person becomes buddha once they have all three 

- The different stages of calamity LX has to go through to "level up" in terms of not only ranking but also the mind -- to not hate and embrace the shortcomings of life, and that's how she became God

- The "in-between life and death" moments that JC had to go through, which was his own share of calamity e.g. being frozen for 50,000 years, being trapped under the demon mountain for ? years

- Everything in the world needs both yin and yang to reach equilibrium e.g. JC (yin/moon/water/dragon) would've become demon due to his constant killing if not for falling in love with LX (yang/sun/fire/phoenix)

- The red tree in Fu Yun Palace that symbolizes the yang inside the yin, which is just like JC's nature, cold on the outside but warm on the inside

- The deeper meaning of 0 and 9 according to Chinese historical cultures

- Stone as a symbolism of "unchanging" e.g. JC's stone heart, YF becoming stone for QY, Shi San's original name Shi Shan (stone hill)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

19 minutes ago, amyloves_snsd said:

Dayuuuum L&D fans are SO TALENTED

They are so knowledgeable at everything, and just when you think you already got the drama all figured out, in comes some new discoveries!

Basically the article talks about the Buddhism and Taoism messages and symbolisms found in the story. The article is very long -- I can summarize some main ideas:

- to sacrifice the "little love" (personal good) for the "great love" (greater good) e.g. Ah Mo accepting her death to resurrect Ling Xi; Jiu Chen sacrificing his life to save the world

- Fa Shen (soul) vs Bao Shen (body) vs Ying Shen (incarnation) --> a person becomes buddha once they have all three 

- The different stages of calamity LX has to go through to "level up" in terms of not only ranking but also the mind -- to not hate and embrace the shortcomings of life, and that's how she became God

- The "in-between life and death" moments that JC had to go through, which was his own share of calamity e.g. being frozen for 50,000 years, being trapped under the demon mountain for ? years

- Everything in the world needs both yin and yang to reach equilibrium e.g. JC (yin/moon/water/dragon) would've become demon due to his constant killing if not for falling in love with LX (yang/sun/fire/phoenix)

- The red tree in Fu Yun Palace that symbolizes the yang inside the yin, which is just like JC's nature, cold on the outside but warm on the inside

- The deeper meaning of 0 and 9 according to Chinese historical cultures

- Stone as a symbolism of "unchanging" e.g. JC's stone heart, YF becoming stone for QY, Shi San's original name Shi Shan (stone hill)

Thank you so much for your translation. I know it's really hard to translate thank you.

Can you please also translate the title 一世埋愁、一世解忧、一世盼自由 which summerizes the three lives am I right? This is also in the theme song.

Thanks a lot!

28 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

@zijinini keep posting as you find more topic on Douban. They analyzed everything there and it’s so interesting to know more details about L&D. 

Sure I will. I didn't know there are so many details hidden in this drama. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, zijinini said:

Sure I will. I didn't know there are so many details hidden in this drama. 

Same here! I usually read comments to see if anyone pick up on anything else. Sometime I wonder if they really have all these hidden meanings and details or are we just over analyze thing. Either way it’s so interesting.

42 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

Same here! I usually read comments to see if anyone pick up on anything else. Sometime I wonder if they really have all these hidden meanings and details or are we just over analyze thing. Either way it’s so interesting.

No they surely not over analyze things. I am so impressed by their analysis. I just saw a post on a Taiwan forum talking about that book on ep30. I was wrong with my translation of the book title before. :sweatingbullets: It should be a book about curing cold disease. 

https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/China-Drama/M.1567626111.A.F68.html

A recent interview where, I'm assuming, Chang Chen talks about his more important works in cinema, including the film he does with Ni Ni. I don't understand what he's saying, but for those of you who can, enjoy. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zijinini said:

Thank you so much for your translation. I know it's really hard to translate thank you.

Can you please also translate the title 一世埋愁、一世解忧、一世盼自由 which summerizes the three lives am I right? This is also in the theme song.

Thanks a lot!

Ok, sure! The title of the article "一世埋愁、一世解忧、一世盼自由" is a summary of the three lives AND is part of the lyrics of the OST "解忧". The sentence in English is "One life burying grievance, one life solving worries, one life hoping for freedom"

• Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Flor123 said:

A recent interview where, I'm assuming, Chang Chen talks about his more important works in cinema, including the film he does with Ni Ni. I don't understand what he's saying, but for those of you who can, enjoy. :)

Lol he’s very funny. At the end of the interview the last question the interviewer asked was - what’s your criteria for choosing projects?

CC - oh I choose projects based on how much I like the scripts, but sometimes people will laugh at me and ask, “why do you choose this type of script?”

he said then that his wife told him to pick scripts he doesn’t like, maybe viewers will end up liking them instead. He ended it with j/k  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1