[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

14 minutes ago, zijinini said:

Chinese houses always face south. The main door of the room is on the south side. The main seat is on the north side. So the most honorable seat is the one on the north side of the room and facing south (the door). So to put this simple the seat facing the main door is the highest seat, the seat facing opposite to the main door is the lowest seat. 

73055193_2414005282250348_19042757647448

Omg you’re a genius!!! Brilliant observation.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

Omg you’re a genius!!! Brilliant observation.

In Chinese culture, the most honorable person always sit facing south (facing the door). The lowest rank person always sit facing north.

An emperor always sit facing south. 

Unfortunately I sit facing north everyday.:bawling:

72183549_2412319805752229_37247955869986

2 hours ago, zijinini said:

In Chinese culture, the most honorable person always sit facing south (facing the door). The lowest rank person always sit facing north.

An emperor always sit facing south. 

Unfortunately I sit facing north everyday.:bawling:

72183549_2412319805752229_37247955869986

My dear, here your seat will always face south and high above all, no doubt.

love that picture!!

4 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

This might have been answer before, but what is LX second tribulation?

First is dao ling second shan ling

But ling Xi biological father Not sure no idea

i have misunderstood sorry:sweat:

2 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

1, live tribulation (ep30-31),

JC see this tribulation live from Si Ming's telivision.

2, death tribulation (start losing all her five senses and die young)

Si Ming told JC exactly what this second tribulation will be.

3, love tribulation (the one she loves betray her and want her dead for another woman)

JC asked several times but Si Ming didn't tell him what this last tribulation is because this is also JC's tribulation.

1 hour ago, Winterfairy said:

1st would be family (where her father attempts to kill her), 2nd is death (where she will gradually lose all her senses and die) and 3rd is love relationship (her heart and absolute trusts towards Jiu Chen is literally broken by Jiu Chen when she realized that he is actually waiting for her death so that Ling Xi can come back). Supposingly the death tribulation should not be the 2nd one because if Ah Mo really is dead, it means that Ling Xi would not even get the chance to pass the 3rd tribulation, so Jiu Chen's whole plan in washing away the demonic aura in Ling Xi would fail. Hence, there was a scene in the guest house between Jiu Chen and Si Ming, Jiu Chen actually did question Si Ming "if her death tribulation is coming soon, what and when would be her next next tribulation. Would there be any mistake?" So, in a way, we do have to give credit to Jing Xiu for giving away his pearl of life to save Ah Mo's life, because without him, Ling Xi may not even have the chance to pass her last tribulation with Jiu Chen :tears:

Ok I thought it’s has something to do with the bandits, because JC saved A’Mo so that changed her faith. He was hurt because of that too.

Since LX’s third tribulation is also JC’s did he pass? (I guess he did) because it’s his was to watch his love suffer?

23 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

Ok I thought it’s has something to do with the bandits, because JC saved A’Mo so that changed her faith. He was hurt because of that too.

Since LX’s third tribulation is also JC’s did he pass? (I guess he did) because it’s his was to watch his love suffer?

Perhaps  he didn't realize at that moment If we remember what shi Ming told Jc in episode 49

Not sure if this was also JC's trial, but JC is definitely A'Mo's love trial. That is one of the reasons that Si Ming never told JC what A'Mo's second trial was. A'Mo has to fall in love with JC and then have JC break her heart to pass the love trial. I think JC might have figured out by the end of the 2nd arc. This is why he would not answer directly when A'Mo asked him whether he loved her. From A'Mo's standpoint, JC betrayed her with another woman - JC was here to ensure she dies so LX can be reborn. But it is also an incredibly painful position for JC to be in - he has to break his lover's heart in order to save her. This fundamental conflict is sad, heartbreaking, and yet necessary. Kudos to the wonderful performances of the two leads that really helped to deliver the nuanced feelings of this situation. 

3 hours ago, CasualW said:

Not sure if this was also JC's trial, but JC is definitely A'Mo's love trial. That is one of the reasons that Si Ming never told JC what A'Mo's second trial was. A'Mo has to fall in love with JC and then have JC break her heart to pass the love trial. I think JC might have figured out by the end of the 2nd arc. This is why he would not answer directly when A'Mo asked him whether he loved her. From A'Mo's standpoint, JC betrayed her with another woman - JC was here to ensure she dies so LX can be reborn. But it is also an incredibly painful position for JC to be in - he has to break his lover's heart in order to save her. This fundamental conflict is sad, heartbreaking, and yet necessary. Kudos to the wonderful performances of the two leads that really helped to deliver the nuanced feelings of this situation. 

Lin Mo's death is really heartwrenching. One of the episode where my tears just rolling down without me noticing when I watched the episode. How she told Jiu Chen that there was a mortal named Lin Mo that loved him so much, that she wasn't the person he was waited for, and how Jiu Chen's expression when she died in his embrace... It is needed, something that must be done, but that scene is very tearful and angsty for me. One of my favorite despite all the angst emotions; Chang Chen and Ni Ni's acting are really awesome for this one.

That scene deserves a moment of silent. As you all have said it’s heartbreaking and necessary sacrifice. Of all the dramas this angsts makes the most sense. This is true sacrifice and this is truly being corner without options. Just thinking about it’s making me crying on the inside (we can’t randomly cry in public). NiNi acting and delivery of that line is a knife to the and Chang Chen expression is a nail the  coffin. 

I’m reading anti-fan comments too, just to see how they can not love this scene and trying to see any flaws in this scene but none found.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:47 AM, zijinini said:

I have absolutely no interest in Pillow Book at all after seeing Love and Destiny. Airing after L&D will be a stupid decision. After seeing Ni Ni and Chang Chen's phenomenal performance it will be a disaster for PB.  The two leads of PB...ehhh:scream:... they just don't know how to act...at all.

This is me now. Just thinking of watching PB is hard because this drama has set such a high standard.

But PB has its own charms so I’ve decided that i’ll just concentrate on their lovely faces and not mind their acting and i hope that is possible and effective. 

On 10/18/2019 at 1:58 AM, LeeN said:

Actually I want to see jiu Chen and Ling Xi wedding  more than Yh and Bq 

*Sigh* Me too. 

On 10/17/2019 at 5:19 AM, NEVERending said:

their daughter, seems to be a lot like JC.

what do you all think her form is. A white dragon, red dragon, bird or Phoenix 

I want her to be a red dragon even if she’s a girl (because her parents are not ordinary and low class immortals).

3 hours ago, Mikina said:

Lin Mo's death is really heartwrenching. One of the episode where my tears just rolling down without me noticing when I watched the episode. How she told Jiu Chen that there was a mortal named Lin Mo that loved him so much, that she wasn't the person he was waited for, and how Jiu Chen's expression when she died in his embrace... It is needed, something that must be done, but that scene is very tearful and angsty for me. One of my favorite despite all the angst emotions; Chang Chen and Ni Ni's acting are really awesome for this one.

Yes while shooting this shot he was pretty heart ache Chang Chen couldn't pull out his feelings after called for cut Too heartbreaking I saw on YouTube  behind the scenes .

Archived