[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Winterfairy said:

This is too cute not to share!!! :blush: His expression :love::love::heart:

Is there any video gather all Jiu Chen starring scenes in the the drama?  His starring scenes really adorable and had given us a lot of laughter:D:love:

7 hours ago, Dramafanatic said:

I just finished the drama and I'm an emotional wreck. :bawling: How did you guys feel about the ending? I honestly thought it was kind of anticlimactic with how easily Jing Xiu and Yuan Tong was taken care of. I'm sad Shi San lost her memories though. And Hua Yan's reincarnation was so random lol. Of course, would have liked a longer reunion scene but pretty happy overall :blush: now i have no idea what drama to follow up such a masterpiece... 

Me too I can't find any drama to take over Love and destiny. I haven't had enough Jiu Chen expressions :bawling: Which I need an extra episode to wrap up my feeling :blush:

On 10/10/2019 at 7:06 PM, LeeN said:

Aska Yang makes my heart aches in the drama great melody great lyrics full of feeling

Zhang Bitchen also makes me feel  the same way touched my heart 

I was so glad to see him singing for this drama as I loved his song in TMOPB. Wonderful!

5 hours ago, zijinini said:

I found this Douban post talking about if western actors could play in this drama who are to play JC and LX. very funny.

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/154841766/

That's a very interesting idea. Since western society doesn't have shen xian (Daoist Gods and fairies) they could change the setting to Greek mythology or something like that and keep the story.

I like their choices. Keanu Reeves, Christian Bale and Benedict Cumberbatch are suitable as JC. They have this mature, sexy, mysterious vibe. As for LX, Saoirse Ronan is a good choice. Her eyes have a magical feeling to them.

1 minute ago, amyloves_snsd said:

That's a very interesting idea. Since western society doesn't have shen xian (Daoist Gods and fairies) they could change the setting to Greek mythology or something like that and keep the story.

I like their choices. Keanu Reeves, Christian Bale and Benedict Cumberbatch are suitable as JC. They have this mature, sexy, mysterious vibe. As for LX, Saoirse Ronan is a good choice. Her eyes have a magical feeling to them.

Btw, Chris Pratt as Yun Feng would be hilarious

On 10/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, Winterfairy said:

I don’t think LAD can beat TMOPB because their fandom is bigger, Just want to close the gap a bit lol

https://www.facebook.com/groups/717353708682009/permalink/806466993104013/

Heres another one for best love  team.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/717353708682009/permalink/806843869732992/

Voted!!

i always did like older guys....

18 hours ago, amyloves_snsd said:

Btw, Chris Pratt as Yun Feng would be hilarious

I read the same thread. Love the idea of Chris Pratt as Yun Feng, that is on point casting. Lol. Also love the suggestion of Tom Hiddleston as Jing Xiu, he would have given Jing Xiu a really interesting portrayal - finding that intriguing balance between good and evil. As for LX, Saoirse Ronan seems a bit young to me, but I am sure that she'd be a good choice. 

8 hours ago, zijinini said:

三生三世宸汐缘:一世埋愁、一世解忧、一世盼自由

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/152980901/

Terrific article I wish someone could translate this

Dayuuuum L&D fans are SO TALENTED

They are so knowledgeable at everything, and just when you think you already got the drama all figured out, in comes some new discoveries!

Basically the article talks about the Buddhism and Taoism messages and symbolisms found in the story. The article is very long -- I can summarize some main ideas:

- to sacrifice the "little love" (personal good) for the "great love" (greater good) e.g. Ah Mo accepting her death to resurrect Ling Xi; Jiu Chen sacrificing his life to save the world

- Fa Shen (soul) vs Bao Shen (body) vs Ying Shen (incarnation) --> a person becomes buddha once they have all three 

- The different stages of calamity LX has to go through to "level up" in terms of not only ranking but also the mind -- to not hate and embrace the shortcomings of life, and that's how she became God

- The "in-between life and death" moments that JC had to go through, which was his own share of calamity e.g. being frozen for 50,000 years, being trapped under the demon mountain for ? years

- Everything in the world needs both yin and yang to reach equilibrium e.g. JC (yin/moon/water/dragon) would've become demon due to his constant killing if not for falling in love with LX (yang/sun/fire/phoenix)

- The red tree in Fu Yun Palace that symbolizes the yang inside the yin, which is just like JC's nature, cold on the outside but warm on the inside

- The deeper meaning of 0 and 9 according to Chinese historical cultures

- Stone as a symbolism of "unchanging" e.g. JC's stone heart, YF becoming stone for QY, Shi San's original name Shi Shan (stone hill)

19 minutes ago, amyloves_snsd said:

Dayuuuum L&D fans are SO TALENTED

They are so knowledgeable at everything, and just when you think you already got the drama all figured out, in comes some new discoveries!

Basically the article talks about the Buddhism and Taoism messages and symbolisms found in the story. The article is very long -- I can summarize some main ideas:

- to sacrifice the "little love" (personal good) for the "great love" (greater good) e.g. Ah Mo accepting her death to resurrect Ling Xi; Jiu Chen sacrificing his life to save the world

- Fa Shen (soul) vs Bao Shen (body) vs Ying Shen (incarnation) --> a person becomes buddha once they have all three 

- The different stages of calamity LX has to go through to "level up" in terms of not only ranking but also the mind -- to not hate and embrace the shortcomings of life, and that's how she became God

- The "in-between life and death" moments that JC had to go through, which was his own share of calamity e.g. being frozen for 50,000 years, being trapped under the demon mountain for ? years

- Everything in the world needs both yin and yang to reach equilibrium e.g. JC (yin/moon/water/dragon) would've become demon due to his constant killing if not for falling in love with LX (yang/sun/fire/phoenix)

- The red tree in Fu Yun Palace that symbolizes the yang inside the yin, which is just like JC's nature, cold on the outside but warm on the inside

- The deeper meaning of 0 and 9 according to Chinese historical cultures

- Stone as a symbolism of "unchanging" e.g. JC's stone heart, YF becoming stone for QY, Shi San's original name Shi Shan (stone hill)

Thank you so much for your translation. I know it's really hard to translate thank you.

Can you please also translate the title 一世埋愁、一世解忧、一世盼自由 which summerizes the three lives am I right? This is also in the theme song.

Thanks a lot!

Archived