[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

That kimchi PPL didn't gain a new costumer from me since I already buy that brand. :sweatingbullets:

But I normally get the jar cause that's too small for me. :D

@AgentQuake I also like to support the smaller Korean restaurants too. Personally think their food is better than the chain most of the time.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, Kdramatic said:

Good point! Like I said, there’s so many things going on I can’t remember what’s being said or who said it! Lol

I already know I’m going to have to rematch the entire drama all over again to catch all the little details after we finally find out what’s happening! :lol:

This thread moves fast. It is hard to keep track of who says what and what is being said lol. I can’t even keep track, either. But the good thing is that no one gets upset here if we forget. They will simply help us remember theories and details. 

But right now, some of us are like this (especially ME):

giphy.gif

:joy:

@SweetButters i have begun to think the same. Exactly which LR are we seeing? If LG is traveling all the way from a far universe to meet TE (by now, I am going with the mindset that the LG we saw end of ep 10 is LG from ep 1) then which LR are we being shown? :blink:

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

This drama is full of mysterious.............

15 hours ago, madmad min said:

When was The Adopted Scenario Mentioned?

The Most confusing and missing point is that How many times Has the KING experimented to Search INSIDE the Passage. 

>>>Presence of 1 balloon which the King himself placed before episode 5 is now in multiple.

He does mentione He has spent time there but How many balloon pointers has he marked Or are the placement of Balloons due to his Multiple Time Travel attempts Is not Cleared uptil Now.

>>>He wanted to get hold of LR when he saw him in laptop then ran away to the passage, Alright!!But Did he seriously take the ROK money with him to call JTE? He had that much time in hand or again this was not the Linear Timeline we were watching...meaning THE FIRST Attempt to Search for LR instead it was the nth attempt??Then he actually took the money but Met JTE there itself that's why He also was CRYING. 

Episode 11-12 to the Go!!

I re-watched the episode....ha...i guess i was wrong. 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@SweetButters i have begun to think the same. Exactly which LR are we seeing? If LG is traveling all the way from a far universe to meet TE (by now, I am going with the mindset that the LG we saw end of ep 10 is LG from ep 1) then which LR are we being shown? :blink:

Good question.  People mentioned of different LG and JTE but never mentioned different LR .... or did we missed that point?  Well anyway, I'm just visiting he he.... .. just like LG... I'm going now.  Take care.

• LOL 6

8 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

They're not moving on and away from each other. The time loops that LG initiated afforded them to meet again and again until.....the day gates must be closed between universes. But they will eternally live in each other's heart ❤ 

This gives me lumps in my throat. This one will be so cruel if LG will be stuck in a time loop just to see JTE :(

7 hours ago, kaqueski said:

When you watch all the reunite scene together like this, note how it always mirror their first encounter in episode 1, only in increasingly dramatic/emotional. The very last one is my favorite, so much emotions. 

I really love this FMV. It makes you remember how the beautiful love between our couple developed. I mentioned before that most scenes of LG and JTE are facing each other, as if there's a line separating them. Like the two parallel words. One from KoC and the other from RoC. The first time they've met, it was LG who crossed the line between them. Then it was JTE who hugged him as if telling the viewers that she is finally willing to cross the line between them. Whenever they hug, I do not just see it as a simple hug showing affection or longing to each other. It's as if they are showing us that both of them are very much willing to cross the line between both worlds to be with each other. I hope that somehow in the end, they will find a way for them to continue crossing the line between them. :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yea exactly are we seeing LR from 2019, 2020, 2030, 2040 and beyond?? My brain cells are literally dying from thinking about this show!!!

Pretty much this is how I feel with TKEM right now :

DxmSFy0.png

eb5a60f7d8f193073f24d48865e572a1537c062b

My main goal for getting the flute would be to time travel to 6/6/2020 just so I can binge watch the rest of the series and see what happens :joy:

---------------------------------------------------------------

*Edited

So I was thinking of JTE's phone case and its reference to the "Back to the Future" movie....whelp here's a summary [look at the first paragraph in the pic]...... what if every time lightning strikes...LR AND LG ARE TRAVELING BACK IN TIME?????!!! 

e3U7shf.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:

being said, I’m from Seattle and will NEVER drink that bottled coffee 

Yup! Agreed! :lol: I’ll NEVER drink that coffee! Off topic, but I am a big fan of Seo In Guk - especially in Shopping King Louis, and one of the never ending PPL was for this brand of instant coffee - Maxim Gold! I spotted it in a Korean grocery shop, so I bought a packet to try - Gah ... Couldn’t drink it! I never liked 3-in-1 coffees anyway and Maxim Gold is just ... Gah ... Since SKL was one of the first few KDramas I watched, I was also introduced to jajangmyeon!! So yummy!!  LOTBS was my first live KDrama and that’s when I first learned about LMH plus ramyeon and eating at a convenience store (so cool!) and jajangmyeon!! YUMS! (JJH made it look even more messy delicious but I think her favourite is pasta! Hahaha)

Now, the FRIED CHICKEN, though ... we have so many Korean places in Singapore, but somehow, after seeing all the PPL for this brand, none seems to look as good as this brand! :rolleyes::D Power of LMH endorsing FRIED CHICKEN!! Seriously, though, fellow Chingus in SG, do we have this brand here?? I think I really need to order soon ... Haha 

I am tagging Chingu @vangsweetie637 here! Hahaha - cos like you, I also love food and each time I see the amount of unfinished food in the drama - I get so hungry ... And I REALLY wanna have a bite of that fish cake or rice cake  on the stick that JTE & KSJ were chomping on ... uuugghhh! 

Another question for our Chingus in the US, how’s our drama doing on Netflix US? Is it even on Netflix in the US? Just curious! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, SweetButters said:

My main goal for getting the flute would be to time travel to 6/6/2020 just so I can binge watch the rest of the series and see what happens :joy:

YESSSHHH!! Me too!! Or maybe just get tf out of 2020 ... sigh and maybe into 2022 or 2023, when this COVID would be over and there’s a vaccine... :sweatingbullets:

3 hours ago, Jaja said:

possible spoiler for next episode? 

Spoiler

Sigh ... I am a pessimist, especially when it comes to our Writer Nim ... I was 50-50 about JTE being dead here but now I think I am 60% sure ... I think JTE has to be dead (at least in the present timeline) to add even more challenge/ motivation for Lee Gon to go back in time or to explore the other timelines ... 

Anyway, I am just rambling! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

I wasn’t able to back read every single post but what I have gathered from the last two pages is that some of the PPL worked on us. Not so much the kimchi but everyone seems to crave the fried chicken, me included. And definitely not the coffee! But mostly, we crave ourselves LMH Lol. 

36 minutes ago, SweetButters said:
1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Yea exactly are we seeing LR from 2019, 2020, 2030, 2040 and beyond?? My brain cells are literally dying from thinking about this show!!!

I have a solution that is quite simple. There’s only one LR because LR will never posses the whole flute hence will never be able to travel in time. LG will defeat LR and gain the flute which will allow him to time travel. 

45 minutes ago, Jemrie said:

their hands speak itself:heart:

I am reposting your gif because we can’t quote gifs. 

The hand grabbing somehow made this scene so much more emotional. It feels as though she never wants to let go. All I have to say is bravo to the actors and the person who directed this scene! This scene set the bars for all other scenes to come and all other love confessions in other dramas to come! 

5ca42837b2ac0865a18194300ac6b18908795994

I might be alone on this but this scene hit me harder than when Kim shin vanished into thin air in Goblin. 

33 minutes ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Another question for our Chingus in the US, how’s our drama doing on Netflix US? Is it even on Netflix in the US? Just curious! 

To wish for top 10 would be too much to ask for but it’s gotten on the popular list a few times. I guess that’s all I can ask for. Americans be sleeping on Korean dramas. 

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I'm in the US, and all of my friends are busy watching Riverdale, of all things.

Hahaha I love how you said “of all things” because I can see where you’re coming from. God, the show just went south. Season 1 was the best of all seasons and I gave up on the show completely midway through season 3. 

Btw, I love your profile photo. Looking good :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 4

This thread is moving too fast! Whilst I am still digesting the storyline, all of you have advanced so much on your analysis and has scoured all the details. Am really amazed by your deep understanding of the whole storyline. I feel superficial watching it only to hope to see a good ending. I am not sure if I am the only one who finds certain mysterious scenes a little scary. Even the simple scene of LG suddenly noticing that the video of JTE walking past the bookstore in the front of the little boy was dated in 2022, sent chills down my spine. All in, love this drama. Really amazing that the writer can think so deeply of the whole storyline, no wonder the writer is so popular.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

As this series process like everybody I am going crazy a bit in ideas and even this chould be mentioned before, but I just noticed Lee Min Ho is about to be 33 years old, same as his character King Lee Gon in the series and the historical character whose death resulted in two seperate timelines; Prince Sohyeon whom died in 1645 when he was 33. This can't be the reason why writer chose that histoical figure, can it? 

Edited by Gariyada
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Spoiler pics inside, and theory number 103949.  Maybe all those math filled blackboards in LG's study are just the visualization of all of our brains. 

Spoiler

c407f28cde6454a800f8431ab5c1e8f2f312b37e

Based on the spoiler video of the streets of Busan, I think this is how the next few episodes might play out:

• The end scene of episode 10 hasn't happened yet in real time
  • JTE gets kidnapped by LR and is brought to Corea, and he makes her fight Luna to the death
  • Luna either dies, or manages to fatally wound JTE to a degree where JTE is able to escape, but dies. 
  • LG finds her but she dies in his arms
  • LG's basically lost everything at this point but he figures out the time travel thing
  • If the Luna/time remant theory is true, she will help him
  • We finally see the moment in episode 1 where he's standing at the gates with his jacket and his sword
  • Before going to fight LR, he goes to visit past JTE and says goodbye, we see the ep 10 end scene again with more embellishments, I think we're missing some stuff in the scene as well.  We'll probably get additional dialogue
  • LG grabs SJ, maybe JY.  They travel back to 1994 and we see what happens in episode 1, most likely with more stuff going on.
  • The photo above is LG in the savior outfit, and tiny JTE.  Perhaps he, SJ, JY travel back to 1994 while still in ROK, and he goes and influences bb JTE to be strong and brave, and to set off her journey.
  • Savior scene happens, we get a sort of soft reboot of the show for the next 4-5 episodes resulting in one mashed timeline/universe?

I DON'T KNOW I JUST DONT KNOOOOW I need some fried chicky UGH

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
  • Insightful 10

29 minutes ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Yup! Agreed! :lol: I’ll NEVER drink that coffee! Off topic, but I am a big fan of Seo In Guk - especially in Shopping King Louis, and one of the never ending PPL was for this brand of instant coffee - Maxim Gold! I spotted it in a Korean grocery shop, so I bought a packet to try - Gah ... Couldn’t drink it! I never liked 3-in-1 coffees anyway and Maxim Gold is just ... Gah ... Since SKL was one of the first few KDramas I watched, I was also introduced to jajangmyeon!! So yummy!!  LOTBS was my first live KDrama and that’s when I first learned about LMH plus ramyeon and eating at a convenience store (so cool!) and jajangmyeon!! YUMS!

They mentioned LMH's sales power in Shoppeing King EP1:lol: I just remember LMH about that drama :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

6 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

To wish for top 10 would be too much to ask for but it’s gotten on the popular list a few times. I guess that’s all I can ask for. Americans be sleeping on Korean dramas. 

Ugh, it's the subtitles.  I swear this country can't read or move their brains.  Although, considering Tiger King, 90 Day Fiance, Love is Blind, and whatever that other show was are trending, maybe us Americans just don't deserve Asian dramas hahaha.

Love your profile pic too :bawling:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Just now, AgentQuake said:

Ugh, it's the subtitles.  I swear this country can't read or move their brains.  Although, considering Tiger King, 90 Day Fiance, Love is Blind, and whatever that other show was are trending, maybe us Americans just don't deserve Asian dramas hahaha.

Love your profile pic too :bawling:

I’m guilty. I watched two of those 3 shows :lol::lol::lol: and even watched Too Hot to Handle while killing time waiting for this drama one week :lol::lol::lol:

Am quite embarrassed to admit it lol.

• LOL 5

No I just wonder what happned KGE in this drama kiss scenes? looks like her first kiss:lol: Yes This is my only fear :lol:

I brace myself for sad ending, I think this drama will finish without good kiss scene , no can't you give us at least Heirs level kiss ( it is high school drama ) I hope it won't finish with  just middle school kiss , who is guilty? KES or PD I just know isn't LMH :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 7