[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Although LR's ultimate goal feels like taking other half of the flute from Lee Gon and become all powerful, i think one of his goal is also replacing Lee Gon with Lee Jihun ( i believe he's alive since we didn't see his death scene). 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, OR Ng said:

or just simply throw Tae Eun into randon gansters group who holds rage with Luna and they will surely kill her? )

PS: reading preview ep.11 and I still wonder what REALLY makes Luna jealousy with Tae Eul? 

a decent life?

a passionate lover? 

or 3-months left to live and has nothing to lose? 

Oh yup I think the gangsters idea is something quite smart haha... No need to expend your minions and you get the job done, from LR's perspective.

Hmm well I guess all of those above could make Luna jealous, yeah. She definitely has nothing to lose. But she doesn't seem like a dumb minion overcome by greed who would follow LR to the ends of the world, so that could possibly be a key turning point in LR's plan if Luna decides to betray LR for whatever reason. Also would be interesting to see what kind of deal LR strikes with Luna, and if the flute has other powers like healing someone/whatnot, which might be the one of the only things Luna could be interested in -- getting rid of her cancer.

P.S. If JTE dies this Friday/Saturday I don't know if I can handle it ;-; 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Orientalfan said:

I think a different case indicated something...as though there is a change in history. I dont think the one who stole the card would bother changing the case prior handing it to Lee Rim...

I'm wondering which one was handed over to LR since we saw the difference in cases. Is it current JTE's ID or LG's ID? But I do agree there might be a change in history. Something definitely happened in this current lifetime that didn't happen in the previous loop. Maybe she wasn't even going to lose the ID this time around so yoyo kid had to make it happen to fix the fate. Perhaps in the prior time loop she actually did lose her ID accidentally. Or change in events could be indication of a happier ending. Also with each more recent timeloop, I think prior timeloop LG trying to travel back in time to leave clues, so that also can change current events.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, OR Ng said:

after all, he is the man in Kim Eunsook's drama; he must not disappoint us in term of love

He won't. I believe so. But that was still my prediction. We haven't seen it happening for real in the episode. But if it does, he will recognize who is the real TE. 

And how will LG react when he meets Luna, I've imagined it countless time in my head. Like he would be curious about her first. Like how could she end up being a criminal, where's her family and might help her. But if Luna meets LR first than him. Things would be more complicated. LR might poisoned her with some ideas and used her to his plan. 

1 hour ago, OR Ng said:

Lee Gon is determined and generally polite but he can be very cold-hearted towards those who has bad intention

(remember how he treats Seo Ryung cuz she keep flirting with him and crossing the line some time) 

Oh you remind me this part. How I love he dismissed her that short and clear. ES's reaction is somewhat MINE at that moment. :lol:

1 hour ago, OR Ng said:

PS: reading preview ep.11 and I still wonder what REALLY makes Luna jealousy with Tae Eul? 

a decent life?

a passionate lover? 

or 3-months left to live and has nothing to lose? 

Probably all of them. Luna might want a decent life, someone who cares at her earnestly, and being healthy. But some scenes of her we got so far, I still want to give her chance that she might not be that evil as she looks. I think from what I've concluded, she won't hurt someone if that person didn't bother her first. So far we hears about her only from the gangsters perspective. I'm still hoping she's bad but not evil like LR. 

1 hour ago, OR Ng said:

also, the outfit that Tae Eul wears in preview is casual, it seems she was just at home or chilling somewhere nearby when the event happened

how horrible it is to be dragged in such time

(and I just hope Jo Young does not get into this, because if he was there and still lost it means he will hurt badly also)

Hmm... it seems so. From what she said that she's on her way to the palace. I guess LR kidnaps her and kept her somewhere. Then LG might try looking for her. Since she's a fighter herself, so she might be able to escape and rush back to the palace. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

I'm wondering which one was handed over to LR since we saw the difference in cases. Is it current JTE's ID or LG's ID? But I do agree there might be a change in history. Something definitely happened in this current lifetime that didn't happen in the previous loop. Maybe she wasn't even going to lose the ID this time around so yoyo kid had to make it happen to fix the fate. Perhaps in the prior time loop she actually did lose her ID accidentally. Or change in events could be indication of a happier ending. Also with each more recent timeloop, I think prior timeloop LG trying to travel back in time to leave clues, so that also can change current events.

Or could be a Continuity Error. Its Like the Shoe, Blue shoe black shoe, plastic with a Hole in the middle or on the sides. 

:naughty:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

The space between the two of you may be hard now, but over the time your distance will strengthen the love that is there. The moments you have together are the one you'll learn to cherish and remember when the time between you becomes longer.

I know it's hard to see now, but the love between you will keep growing, even when you are apart. 

Is this a poem or a line from the drama itself?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Or could be a Continuity Error. Its Like the Shoe, Blue shoe black shoe, plastic with a Hole in the middle or on the sides. 

:naughty:

The ID that was given to JTE was the one that was left 25 years ago.  The new ID was stolen by someone while the Lady Noh had it.  Remember when JTE first came to the palace she had to place everything she had on her in a box, including her ID.  When the King was ready to take her back to her world, the Lady wasn't able to find the ID and because the CCTV camera had been turned off, she could not determine who came into her room.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, csmiller1954 said:

The ID that was given to JTE was the one that was left 25 years ago.  The new ID was stolen by someone while the Lady Noh had it.  Remember when JTE first came to the palace she had to place everything she had on her in a box, including her ID.  When the King was ready to take her back to her world, the Lady wasn't able to find the ID and because the CCTV camera had been turned off, she could not determine who came into her room.  

I know that :D, debate is weather the ID that baby LG grabbed from Pulse checker savior(EPISODE 1) was same or different one than what LR got hold off ( JTE ID on the timeline that we are watching). As per Timeline/Time reversal/Timeloop magic they should be same (Date publishing significance), but somehow plastic placement error is raising doubts in some of us theorizers which as per me right now is not a conspiracy but simply a continuity error by Production.

• Like 9

This is indeed concerning news. So Luna wants to take what JTE has. Will she change her appearance to fool LG and how will she get what she has? What JTE has is mostly inside Luna's world? 

Where did this spoiler come from and can anyone verify it?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Probably all of them. Luna might want a decent life, someone who cares at her earnestly, and being healthy. But some scenes of her we got so far, I still want to give her chance that she might not be that evil as she looks. I think from what I've concluded, she won't hurt someone if that person didn't bother her first. So far we hears about her only from the gangsters perspective. I'm still hoping she's bad but not evil like LR. 

I also think Luna won't be evil as Lee Rim 

but if she really is, and with the benefit of Tae Eul's face, many scary scenarios can be happened

(for example: if Luna do criminal things and get arrested or known by society, Tae Eul and Lee Gon will never have a future in Corea

or even Lee Gon knows Luna acted as Tae Eul, he maybe cannot do anything cuz others will mistaken later)

also Luna's character script still get on my nerves as she "sees Lee Rim as a deity" 

it may be easy for Luna jealousy with Tae Eul's life

but how come it get connected to Lee Rim and turn Luna to worship him? 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

Hello guuuuys, when will that special episode be aired and where can I watch it? 

It was on 17/5/2020 if I'm not mistaken. You can watch it at sbs channel. But for us international audience, they probably uploaded much later at some streaming flatforms, both legal and illegal. You can try googling them to find out. But as far as I know, SP is used to be the condensed version of the episodes. Last week @syntyche shared the link and some articles to this, it was on page, hmmm.... I forgot, sorry.

I always want they will include some bts or bloopers into the SP or some interviews of the cast on set. But well, this will be for another plan like dvd director cut version near the ending of the drama. So they might keep the stuffs for it. 

I also think Luna won't be evil as Lee Rim 

but if she really is, and with the benefit of Tae Eul's face, many scary scenarios can be happened

(for example: if Luna do criminal things and get arrested or known by society, Tae Eul and Lee Gon will never have a future in Corea

or even Lee Gon knows Luna acted as Tae Eul, he maybe cannot do anything cuz others will mistaken later)

also Luna's character script still get on my nerves as she "sees Lee Rim as a deity" 

it may be easy for Luna jealousy with Tae Eul's life

but how come it get connected to Lee Rim and turn Luna to worship him? 

@OR Ng I see. I shared the same worries as yours. Luna shouldn't be exposed on public. But the fact she has been known by some like the gangsters, the KOC detective, and the national heartrob prime minister KSR. It will take times and effort to clarify JTE's identity as well. Because like or not, JTE existence in KOC has to do with the parallel world, i.e. the KOC people won't believe this easily. As how LR knows well that LG couldn't tell to his people that LR is the one that commited the treason, he's not aging and alive. They would think he's mentally ill. So instead of revealing who LR really is, he labeled him (LR) as the followers of LR. 

Maybe that description would like to describe how big LR can influence Luna (which is not yet we've seen), she worship him means that she will obey his orders or followed whatever he says to her (and still not yet happened so far). 

aaahhh...... Friday is right on the next two days, two more stations until we reach the last station, Friday palli wa!! 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I know that :D, debate is weather the ID that baby LG grabbed from Pulse checker savior(EPISODE 1) was same or different one than what LR got hold off ( JTE ID on the timeline that we are watching). As per Timeline/Time reversal/Timeloop magic they should be same (Date publishing significance), but somehow plastic placement error is raising doubts in some of us theorizers which as per me right now is not a conspiracy but simply a continuity error by Production.

The ID that LR takes out of the book at the bookstore looks different from the ID that LG kept in the Alice book and different from the new ID that TE was issued.  The answer is:  w a i t  a n d  w a t c h.  :)

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

All of you coming together with your thinking caps on while I’m over here floating because THEY ARE WAY TOO STIKIN CUTE!

Oh, you know, just lmh messing with kge.

Video-by-ps-minho.gif

Oh, you know, just kge messing with lmh.

Video-by-ps-minho-3.gif

Oh, you know, just MinEun being MinEun, laughing their hearts out.

Video-by-ps-minho-4.gif

My heart can no longer be still. 

I’m just wondering when we’ll hear the wedding announcement :lol:

Can no longer decide who I love more, MinEun or LeeEul. I can’t decide to save my life :lol:

All wonderful gifs by @graceyco

• Like 11
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3