[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=735760

Google translation :

The King: Lord of eternity' Lee Min-ho, a different look and mood in the teaser video…"When is April"

'The King: The Lord of eternity' teaser video was released. 

The teaser video of the SBS drama 'The King: The Lord of eternity' was released on the 28th, and Lee Min-ho's image in the video is drawing attention. 

Lee Min-ho, who met with Kim Eun-sook through SBS 'successors' after his military service, gathered a topic after being known to meet again after more than six years. In addition, opponent Kim Go-eun also meets Kim Eun-sook for the second time after tvN 'Goblin'. 

735760_457045_254.jpg

Lee Min-ho in the video overwhelms his eyes with a calm narration in a strange imperial atmosphere. 

Intense light is filled with passing eyes, attracting more expectations. 

The netizens are "What is Lee Min Ho's voice", "Awesome eyes, the atmosphere has changed completely", "I'm sure I've heard it very well", "Voice sounds really loud", "Real emperor Lee Min Ho cool", " The atmosphere is overwhelming, "and" I'm really looking forward to it. " 

On the other hand, SBS 'The King: The Lord of Eternity' starring Lee Min-ho is reportedly to be aired in April with the story of Emperor Lee, who tries to close the door to the devil, and Detective Mun, who protects life and love.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Youtube version :

'나는 대한제국의 황제고, 내 이름은 이곤이다'
김은숙 작가의 판타지 로맨스드라마
수식어가 필요없다, 무슨 말이 더 필요해?

'I am emperor of the Korean Empire, my name is Igon'
Kim Eun Sook's Fantasy Romance
No modifier needed, what more do you need?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like LMH but not a fan of all his dramas. So far I just love MR and BBF. But since I like him I watched all of his dramas. Isn't that funny? I still watch them even the story quality didn't impress me that much.

But the recent teaser got me so excited. "I am the emperor of this country. My name is Lee Geon" woahhh... the joseon accent he speaks is just so charismatic. It feels it's going to be good, that kind of feeling. I didn't feel this fascinated with The Faith before. But here he sounds different. Hope it will be good. Now I want they to air this asap!! 

• Like 5

Watch: Lee Min Ho Makes Dramatic Return In 1st Teaser For New Kim Eun Sook Drama “The King: Eternal Monarch”

78c62a81b2a145dfb7c5059b0dad8de1.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho is making his much-anticipated return with a new drama!

On February 28, SBS unveiled the first teaser for the upcoming drama “The King: Eternal Monarch.”

Written by Kim Eun Sook, “The King: The Eternal Monarch” is about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the two worlds, while Kim Go Eun will take on the role of detective Jung Tae Eul, who works with the emperor to protect people’s lives.

The first teaser clip features Lee Min Ho with his voiceover, “I am the emperor of the Korean Empire, and my name is Lee Gon.”

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” will premiere in the first half of 2020 as a Friday-Saturday drama on SBS.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385600wpp/watch-lee-min-ho-makes-dramatic-return-in-1st-teaser-for-new-kim-eun-sook-drama-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 8

Lee Min Ho Introduces Himself As Korean Emperor With A Peerless Gaze In Video Teaser Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

A FEW WORDS AND AN ENIGMATIC GAZE FROM LEE MIN HO CAUSED REAL-TIME SEARCH PORTAL FRENZY FOR FANS AWAITING – THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH

As soon as SBS launched the video, it rippled online trending presence exceeding 150,000 views in three hours.

In the released video, Lee Min Ho makes his presence felt with charisma. He introduces his name as Lee Gon, the Emperor of Korean Empire.

Set to play two characters, Lee Min Ho suits up as Korean emperor who is trying to close the dimension to ward off the villain intent to wreak havoc in the kingdom he leads. His other role in the parallel world struggles to protect the people he loves from the projected antagonist.

Based on the initial story sketch, The King:  Eternal Monarch features two settings following its parallel universe concept. It is also billed to showcase romantic moments for the hero and chosen female lead.

2020022901002155400140811.jpg

Following Lee Min Ho’s dual portrayal, the same challenge will be tackled by Kim Go Eun. She suits up for contrasting characters in the two parallel words. In Korean empire she portrays criminal Luna. Meanwhile, in the Republic of Korea world, she is Jung Tae Eul, a detective who will team up with Lee Min Ho’s character Lee Gon.

Rounding up the lead cast are Woo Do Hwan and Jung Eun Chae.

The King: Eternal Monarch is penned by star writer Kim Eun Sook whose notable works include Goblin, Descendants of the Sun, Mr. Sunshine and Secret Garden.

No definite airdate has been decided yet for the series, but it will air some time in 2020 via SBS.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/lee-min-ho-video-teaser-the-king-eternal-monarch/

• Like 3

I can't believe we finally have an official teaser, i swear i have gotten tired of Waiting. 

I think The King might Air April 17th replacing Hyena. Based on an article that was either posted her or on Lee Min HO's thread, the mentioned the king after Hyena. Hyena is currently on the friday and saturday spot. I think it makes sense no? and i see the pattern that usually Teaser comes right around a month or so before the air date. Just speculating, but im hoping that it will air on April 17th.

Also, i don't see the teaser trailer or a conversation about this drama on dramabeans site. There is an open thread there, and considering that lee min ho and the king teaser is trending, i'd assume people will mention it. and i haven't seen any on their social media platfrom like twitter and or IG.

but anyway....here's to the 2nd chapter of Actor Lee min ho and the year of "The King"

Can't wait for poster, 2nd teaser and Official Trailer.

Ya'll are the real heroes here, i can't imagine being his fan right before his MS. It must have been hard to wait!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, scrawford said:

I can't believe we finally have an official teaser, i swear i have gotten tired of Waiting. 

I think The King might Air April 17th replacing Hyena. Based on an article that was either posted her or on Lee Min HO's thread, the mentioned the king after Hyena. Hyena is currently on the friday and saturday spot. I think it makes sense no? and i see the pattern that usually Teaser comes right around a month or so before the air date. Just speculating, but im hoping that it will air on April 17th.

Also, i don't see the teaser trailer or a conversation about this drama on dramabeans site. There is an open thread there, and considering that lee min ho and the king teaser is trending, i'd assume people will mention it. and i haven't seen any on their social media platfrom like twitter and or IG.

but anyway....here's to the 2nd chapter of Actor Lee min ho and the year of "The King"

Can't wait for poster, 2nd teaser and Official Trailer.

Ya'll are the real heroes here, i can't imagine being his fan right before his MS. It must have been hard to wait!

My thoughts exactly, the April airing is more likely than the July airing, which is five months from now. Teasers are usually released one to two months before the airing. And yes, Hyena is the current Friday-Saturday drama. So here's to hoping for the April airing! 

Hmm, dramabeans did post months ago when news broke that LMH accepted the role for The King. But for this teaser, I haven't seen any either.

Can't believe the 3-year wait since his last drama is coming to an end! The wait was worth it. :)

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, syntyche said:

My thoughts exactly, the April airing is more likely than the July airing, which is five months from now. Teasers are usually released one to two months before the airing. And yes, Hyena is the current Friday-Saturday drama. So here's to hoping for the April airing! 

Hmm, dramabeans did post months ago when news broke that LMH accepted the role for The King. But for this teaser, I haven't seen any either.

Can't believe the 3-year wait since his last drama is coming to an end! The wait was worth it. :)

Ok, maybe the just haven’t catch the news just yet, or something. 

Seriously!!! You guys are amazing. I discover Lee min ho March last year, so, it was long of a wait in comparison, but still, this drama really take its sweet time, which I understand, they want to do it right :)

the wait is is almost over!!!

• Like 4

Watch: Lee Min Ho Makes Dramatic Return In 1st Teaser For New Kim Eun Sook Drama “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Updated February 29 KST:

In a recent report, a source from production company Hwa&Dam Pictures confirmed that upcoming drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” is set to premiere in April.

The source said, “‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ has confirmed its broadcast schedule for April, and will be officially folding into [preparations]. Please look forward the story about parallel worlds from Kim Eun Sook, how she will write the story in a new way, and how it breaks out of the boundaries of standard fantasy romances.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1385600wpp/watch-lee-min-ho-makes-dramatic-return-in-1st-teaser-for-new-kim-eun-sook-drama-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 4

SBS Drama Official IG Update 022920

"Spring 2020, the Eun Sook Drama we've been waiting for is coming! April! SBS Friday lineup is crazy!" 

New SBS fantasy romance 'The King' starring Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun confirmed to air this April

1582938541-20200228-theking.jpg

SBS's blockbuster fantasy romance 'The King: Eternal Monarch' has finally confirmed its premiere, as a special Fri-Sat drama series this April!

In addition to new of the drama's official premiere this spring, SBS also unveiled a firsthand teaser for 'The King: Eternal Monarch' starring male lead Lee Min Ho, currently unavailable outside of Korea. 

Previously, 'The King' garnered massive attention as the newest production by scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook, the mastermind behind 'Secret Garden', 'The Heirs', 'Descendants of the Sun', 'Guardian: The Lonely and Great God' 'Mr. Sunshine', and more. Starring male lead Lee Min Ho and female lead Kim Go Eun as well as actors Woo Do Hwan, Jung Eun Chae, Lee Jung Jin, etc, 'The King' tells the story of a king whose purpose is the close the ancient, cross-dimensional gate connecting various worlds together, and a a detective who strives to keep the door open for the sake of love and friendship. 

Stay tuned for even more teasers and information leading up to 'The King: Eternal Monarch's premiere this April!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/02/new-sbs-fantasy-romance-the-king-starring-lee-min-ho-x-kim-go-eun-confirmed-to-air-this-april

Finally, the airing on April is confirmed! :heart:

• Like 5