[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

6 hours ago, minuses said:

KJK actually has never denied the possibility of a relationship with Somin. As you said, he keeps quiet and laughs it off nervously.

However, he did say once that Somin was like a sister but this was way back in early 2019 (ep 451). He only said that one time, that I know of, and when they were obviously not as close but they were getting closer since he didn’t want to hit her unlike the first time Somin got paddled by him. He also said it kinda forced but that’s just my opinion.

Clip:

@minuses I think in this episode he said something else but it got translated into sister in english (at 3:30) i read in a post in this forum. I dont know korean. So somebody help me. 

• Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Silent Shipper said:

So somebody help me. 

He said 좋아하는 동생 (Johahaneun dongsaeng). It can be translated as favourite dongsaeng or the dongsaeng that he likes. Dongsaeng -younger brother/sister. Yes, the subtitle wasn't translated correctly. He didn't say she is like a sister to him but she is the sister that he likes or his favourite sister.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi again, @Silent Shipper 

Wow some interesting Qs actually, hmm.... let's see.

Did he ever state or just casually say that somin is his little sister? 

For this Q I will say that he's pertained to that before BUT instead of using the word sister I believe translations were "family" and it was always the context with another RM fem member. I believe he said "they are like family" and JSM has said the same about YSC x KJK on another show "they are like family." 

This of course doesn't mean anything in my opinion because if they were truly hiding their relationship, it seems like a plausible thing to say rather than "no, I will not date him/her". 

Ah even with what @kyoko22 said about the "dongsaeng" reference. It could translate to mean anyone younger than him but not necessarily associated with the word sister e.g. a younger colleague. Rather I believe: yeodongsaeng translates more to "younger sister" where "yeo" means female. So I agree, KKJ has not sister-zoned JSM here. 

So to answer your first question -- KJK has not directly called JSM his little sister from memory. I've seen reference to family (and the dongsaeng word yourself and kyoko22 discussed). I might be wrong though because my memory is like s sieve lol.

Why are editors of RM  trying so hard to show the people that they are not a thing from past few months(a year actually)?

You know what, the RM editors have annoyed me plenty of times with how they cut scenes and stuff, especially relating to kook-min. My answer to this Q is simple: I have NO idea. I do not know what is happening behind the scenes. I do not know why members don't even romantically tease kook-min (even though YJS has done it before in the past --- everyone just laughs and brushes it off including kook-min like THAT didn't just happen).

Like the whole "do you like JSM?" bit or "is she your gf or something?" or "what if we keep trying to push the chan-min love-line and kook-min get married instead?" There have also been some kook-min moments though and every once in a while major ones pop up too. A huge one for me is that when JSM kisses KJK's shoulder, we get an awkward cut without any follow up. Another one is when KJK "hits" JSM and reaches his hand out to lightly caress her cheek, no one follows up - they just laugh because JSM pretends to slap him back. BUT my thing is that, these scenes still made it in the final cut (even zoomed in on JSM and KJK and everything). 

So, I don't entirely think the editors are going above and beyond to show us that they are not involved with each other (if they are dating). It's also a no-brainer that the RM editing teams tend to focus more on scenes that are entertaining as well as, scenes that fit their narratives more (e.g. the LLs). But like I said, I have no idea what's going on in that department. I can only go off on what I see on screen. 

I think a better Q is: why are the members steering clear of teasing kook-min almost all the time nowadays?

And even in MUD episode, where he was at his solo concert why no one talked about somin and even mentioned about her?

In my opinion I don't think they needed to talk much about JSM there. I mean, KJK's mum said JSM's name briefly as among the members who came to visit KJK's concert but that was about it really. I mean, let's think about this. If they ended up talking about JSM what should they have actually said? 

For me, I think the best time they could have talked about JSM more was after KJK's phone call with her and Jong min suddenly blurts out that they (KJK x JSM) sound suspicious. What do you think?

Also I think I'll just say this in case some people misunderstand me: I still ship kook-min together (that has not changed). It's just that I am also human and so when contradictory actions pop up I want to discuss them to see what other people think. I want to be open minded. In the end, like we've said many times before, it's up to them what they decide to do in the future, BUT can't lie, would be nice if we can get a confirmation of their relationship soon. For now, I'll keep rooting for them.

• Insightful 4

18 hours ago, Silent Shipper said:

I can tell where are going at when you referred " she knows a unnie that might be interested in dating KJK." 

I also forgot about this. Allow me to clarify my point: this seems like a contradictory action only if kook-min are real because why did JSM feel the need to say that? She also said it in a serious tone after a moment of realization - like something hit her and KJK looked at her like "is this lady serious right now?". You can re-watch it for yourself to see what I mean @5:10:

Also, I watched the MUD clip of KJK recommending JSM for Min Suk. This seems to support the comment I was making about their contradictory behavior on screen in terms of setting each other up with someone. Especially since he is willing to set them up because he believe JSM's type is Min Suk.

Initially I was going to say that KJK didn't technically say JSM's name immediately as his close female friend in the context of setting them up to date one of the men until Heechul mentioned JSM.

My delulu head: KJK didn't look all that enthusiastic about setting them up though. I personally think he's still guarded about his feelings for JSM.

I'm also low-key with Heechul here "shouldn't we listen to her(JSM) opinion?" lol. These all appear to be contradictory behavior esp. if we are to assume kook-min are already dating or are interesting in dating each other.

That's all I was trying to say there but we can have different opinions, it's okay.

On a light note, I still support kook-min regardless.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

26 minutes ago, Lulu lolly said:

Why are editors of RM  trying so hard to show the people that they are not a thing from past few months(a year actually)?

You know what, the RM editors have annoyed me plenty of times with how they cut scenes and stuff, especially relating to kook-min. My answer to this Q is simple: I have NO idea. I do not know what is happening behind the scenes. I do not know why members don't even romantically tease kook-min (even though YJS has done it before in the past --- everyone just laughs and brushes it off including kook-min like THAT didn't just happen).

Like the whole "do you like JSM?" bit or "is she your gf or something?" or "what if we keep trying to push the chan-min love-line and kook-min get married instead?" There have also been some kook-min moments though and every once in a while major ones pop up too. A huge one for me is that when JSM kisses KJK's shoulder, we get an awkward cut without any follow up. Another one is when KJK "hits" JSM and reaches his hand out to lightly caress her cheek, no one follows up - they just laugh because JSM pretends to slap him back. BUT my thing is that, these scenes still made it in the final cut (even zoomed in on JSM and KJK and everything). 

So, I don't entirely think the editors are going above and beyond to show us that they are not involved with each other (if they are dating). It's also a no-brainer that the RM editing teams tend to focus more on scenes that are entertaining as well as, scenes that fit their narratives more (e.g. the LLs). But like I said, I have no idea what's going on in that department. I can only go off on what I see on screen. 

Here I agree with you @Lulu lolly

Actually I think the same way. I love to see them together but I also have this fear of getting hurt if they are not really together. So, I really contradict with myself mostly. But some scenes stand out. I think main job of editor is to make the show entertaining so I think they really dont cut some kookmin which they think worthy or okay to broadcast on TV

8 minutes ago, Lulu lolly said:

I also forgot about this. Allow me to clarify my point: this seems like a contradictory action only if kook-min are real because why did JSM feel the need to say that? She also said it in a serious tone after a moment of realization - like something hit her and KJK looked at her like "is this lady serious right now?". You can re-watch it for yourself to see what I mean:

@Lulu lolly Dude, I love these discussions.

I noticed it too.

42 minutes ago, Lulu lolly said:

And even in MUD episode, where he was at his solo concert why no one talked about somin and even mentioned about her?

In my opinion I don't think they needed to talk much about JSM there. I mean, KJK's mum said JSM's name briefly as among the members who came to visit KJK's concert but that was about it really. I mean, let's think about this. If they ended up talking about JSM what should they have actually said? 

For me, I think the best time they could have talked about JSM more was after KJK's phone call with her and Jong min suddenly blurts out that they (KJK x JSM) sound suspicious. What do you think?

Also I think I'll just say this in case some people misunderstand me: I still ship kook-min together (that has not changed). It's just that I am also human and so when contradictory actions pop up I want to discuss them to see what other people think. I want to be open minded. In the end, like we've said many times before, it's up to them what they decide to do in the future, BUT can't lie, would be nice if we can get a confirmation of their relationship soon. For now, I'll keep rooting for them.

She even performed in his contest. Did anyone in Rm or MUD commented or atleast mentioned it? Like how she did it ?

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Silent Shipper said:

She even performed in his contest. Did anyone in Rm or MUD commented or atleast mentioned it? Like how she did it ?

Ikr, it's weird. The whole concert performance was practically kook-min opening segment teasing GOLD. Along with: the APAN music awards & JK meeting with Wookmin as per JSM's request. No one mentioned it, once! My goodness, it baffles me. 

And we know they could have easily brought this up because the time JSM performed with SORAN by herself, YJS brought it up saying he was part of the original performance but they left him out. How much more JSM x KJK performing that same song @ HIS concert -- and it's a cheesy, romantic song too?

And the time that KJK linked arms with JSM's carboard cut out, only JSJ was on the verge of teasing them while the others practically left it alone after briefly questioning his actions.

Despite talks on their few contradictions, there are so MANY MORE KOOK-MIN MOMENTS that outweigh them. 

I am still hoping that JSM will make a live appearance on KJK's youtube channel one day.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lulu lolly said:

Ikr, it's weird. The whole concert performance was practically kook-min opening segment teasing GOLD. Along with: the APAN music awards & JK meeting with Wookmin as per JSM's request. No one mentioned it, once! My goodness, it baffles me. 

And we know they could have easily brought this up because the time JSM performed with SORAN by herself, YJS brought it up saying he was part of the original performance but they left him out. How much more JSM x KJK performing that same song @ HIS concert -- and it's a cheesy, romantic song too?

And the time that KJK linked arms with JSM's carboard cut out, only JSJ was on the verge of teasing them while the others practically left it alone after briefly questioning his actions.

Despite talks on their few contradictions, there are so MANY MORE KOOK-MIN MOMENTS that outweigh them. 

I am still hoping that JSM will make a live appearance on KJK's youtube channel one day.

Kook-min, These two are playing with my heart. I hope they announce that their marriage or at least one of them announce that they  are getting married with someone else. I just need clarity. 

But I still hope that they announce their marriage just like YJS mentioned. 

• Like 3

Hi, just popping up to say I'm so happy today, Somin filming Sixth Sense, reunited with the girls + Sangyeob, then have dinner with Wookmin. :love:

I was hoping for this since morning, because Somin updated a lot these days, which I think means she got a bit free time.

I watched new GJK video with Kim Gyeran, just talking with a lot of TMI lol, and KJK schedule is really full...

And with KJK turns out to have an AB blood type, I suddenly remember what Somin said in Life Bar, that she once dated someone with AB blood type, and it's tiring.

Is this gonna be a problem xD

Edited by rainydays94
  • Like 4

https://ibb.co/GJV0Gyc

Guys, in todays episode, near 1:11:44 on the top right corner. Is it KJK holding somin head? I think he is.

4 minutes ago, Silent Shipper said:

Guys, in todays episode, near 1:11:44 on the top right corner. Is it KJK holding somin head? I think he is.

https://imgur.com/a/bi80KLB

9 minutes ago, Silent Shipper said:

Guys, in todays episode, near 1:11:44 on the top right corner. Is  KJK holding somin's head? I think he is.

https://imgur.com/a/bi80KLB

Excuse me guys. Its Masseur actually.

• Like 2

Aww whenever SM’s eyes looking directly at KJK like that, like she’s soooo in love UWU

Spoiler
4 hours ago, MandelBrot said:

E599: Little kookmin moments!!!

i need subs!!!

spacer.png

and I just saw a clip on insta, are they’re celebrating RM anniversary… again? Seems like it? how time flies so fast… and the way they’re sitting so close together…  it’s like they’re goin to announce something special LOL … seriously you two… I need sub now to stop my over ridiculous delulu brain ^^ 

11 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

@Adelige It could be because she was born on year of Tiger (1986). And this year is also Year of Tiger.

It could be… now, that’s the perfect excuse heheee

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Want to add something or two about KJK. He told his friend that we would be perfect for Somin, which frankly speaking, i don't think is a "good thing" for the ship BUT to be honest, for me it just means that IF they are dating, they clearly have NO PLAN to reveal it anytime soon. So them playing around on TV doesn't really matter, because in one year, it wouldn't have mattered what he said. 

Also, after the last "sky insta synch" uploads they had, which was THE MOST OBVIOUS one that something was up between them and frankly speaking, I think they felt it too. We haven't had any sky posts for a long while, from neither of them. Isn't it funny ? They used to, out of nowhere, both post about the sky the same day (and it was not on schedule, it was random) and they both stopped doing it, at the same time. Just saying... 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, Rahayu Muktiayu said:

This is suspicious for me

I think he is teasing Haha. we all know that KJK and Haha are best friends. So KJK might know about Haha Past relationships. As they all are talking about that topic, KJK might have referred to Haha's wife and told him to be good to her. This is what I understood. But after seeing in your perspective, I think what you said might also have happened. As we are Kookmin shippers, Let us think in your way.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote Tweets that contain images, gifs or videos. Thanks!
  • Like 2

If you look at each episode in detail, they almost always say something about each other (since early 2020 I think).

Rarely does KJK say anything about SJH, for example even JSM knows more about SJH than KJK. But, KJK always says something about JSM in every episode and for a long time so has KJK's JSM.

example: In yesterday's episode kjk said "Pink suits somin..."

@Silent ShipperThat part is suspicious when SJH said: "KJK became quiet too..." and HH responds "he just didn't make it official"

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

19 minutes ago, MandelBrot said:

@Silent ShipperThat part is suspicious when SJH said: "KJK became quiet too..." and HH responds "he just didn't make it official"

@MandelBrot I agree.

Sometimes I feel I am imagining. but some scenes stand out making it obvious that there is something going on. In some episodes they are shown as strangers with no interactions(may be credit goes to editing team) and in some episodes, they are shown like they are each other's encyclopedia. 

KJK always says something like that("Pink suits somin...") in case of somin. I think I never heard of KJK saying about others in the way he says to somin. He never hesitate to give his opinion about her. That is really a obvious sign of a close relationship(I can't guarantee whether it's a romantic or not). But what makes it weird is everybody ignores those comments as if it's a natural reaction from him. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, ashima mahajan said:

6. He mentioned to set somin to minsuk which was normal as they were on show. And as you guys know kwangsoo having girlfriend outside used to flirt with every female guest come on show. Remember when one of female guest rejected kwangsoo all the members make it big deal saying that kwangsoo must have been hurt even though all of them knew about his girlfriend. It's all variety show after all they have to be what they are not. Kjk and somin interactions are what comes naturally that's why this ship is strong. 

Lastly all I can say even if they are not dating they are definitely close to each other as friends.

I would like to add that I feel like KS actually dialed down his "flirting" character a lot compared to past episodes (before JSM and YSC joined). The members would tease him with female guests instead thereafter because that was his "thing" but KS himself was not so focused on it as much as he would have done before. As in he doesn't go out of his way to initiate that character unless brought about by members (even then he didn't maintain it long). I believe this subtle on-screen character change might have reflected his relationship status too.

Looking at KJK and his reaction to him being teased with a certain female member in comparison with him being teased with JSM. KJK became uncharacteristically fierce when denying the LL to the point of raising his voice and yelling at the members for teasing him with her. His face is serious and everything. Some would say he started responding to the LL like this the moment he became closer to JSM. Not sure but I'd like to think so. 

Also JSM's love-frog character has dialed down by a lot too, some might say due to the CM LL but I low-key like to think it's because of something or someone else...

Deffo fishy indeed like the rest of your observations too :ph34r::heart4:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2