[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

Been waiting for this week's episode quite a bit!!!! 

:bashful:

I haven't had the time to watch the whole RM episodes, just clips and update myself using this forum for the past few chaotic weeks. So I keep myself up for the clips at least and OMG it was worth it. :heart4:

Spoiler

For the past month or so I have been keeping old RM episodes in background (from the time JSM joined and when Kookmin were very awkward with each other). So even though I know they are close but after remembering those times and suddenly watching these moments, the difference is just so striking:fullofhearts:. I really couldn't have felt more grateful to see how it turned to be. 

I wish I knew how to add videos because JSM greeting them and KJK's laughter are so adorable to listen to. :elated:

Intro

Spoiler

From off-screen she greets by saying "oppa". 

And I just love how the first thing she does is face him, go straight up to KJK and start playfully pushing him. 

(You should hear them absolutely adorable.:heart4:

Also KJK's laugh haha. I knw some fans calls this, his woodpecker laugh :lol:, reference to EP 586, when he was playing videogames)

JogykRP.gif

Cropped version just because :lol: (Also noticed this because of HH - but JSM not wearing her cast today, hope it heals faster)

24cXVoy.gif

Bus Talk

Spoiler

So here they were talking about the time when majority of them were in quarantine. 

YJS says though they video called each other, JSM felt frustrated during that time.

And YSC explains that JSJ, HH, KJK and himself had group video calls very often.

At that time I think he says JSM "did a lot for them" (maybe like caring for them and probably brightening up their mood too).

But when JSM was quarantined, they all had schedules since they recovered and so the group chat became quiet, so they felt bad they couldn't do the same for her. 

Then when JSM says KJK and JSJ video called her (KJK adds its true it happened once) and I think she says that both were complaining about "isn't this enough, haven't you talked a lot" as the call seems to not end.

[Gif]

But KJK says JSJ still talked about various topics. 

ElEIgnY.gif%5B

JSM adds

"what I found funny was that they told me to stop, but they kept talking to each other more while I was still there"

[Gif]

Volleyball

Spoiler

So everyone getting ready to play, KJK was trying to get them out faster. I think he tells JSJ to hurry up. But JSM is also inside. 

h0n1WuU.png

JSM calls KJK and says "why didn't you tell me come outside even though you saw me? You even met my eyes right now"

He continues walking and laughing while ignoring her comment. YJS and then KJK tells her to rest, basically teasing her with her permanent referee post.

D6Vc8Jm.gif

Spoiler

Also a cute moment when YJS play KJKs song for KJK and with a few seconds into the intro JSM starts singing the verse before it actually starts. 

Also this episode, they all seem to just have so much fun hanging out together. It just makes me happy seeing them have fun, they are one of the biggest reason why I like my weekends.

Looking forward to everyone else's posts.

:fullofhearts:

Note: I wanted to add more gifs but, for some reason the sites been acting up and I could only add some. I will try again later hopefully it'll work then.

Edited by RM1507
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Hello guys, I am new here, actually new for everything. So, Please don't mind my terminology. I started watching k-dramas a year back. I used to enjoy but at some point I was not really into dramas. That's when I saw Running man. It was totally my type. I instantly  became a fan of Jeon Somin. She outshined everybody for me. She's definitely different & weird. She's crazy yet cute. And her chemistry. I ship her with everybody. She's so sociable. I really liked kwangmin, chamin too yoomin, jjisukjin and somin, hamin, mong dol(I told you I ship with everybody). But what made me fall in love was Kookmin. They were so natural and beautiful. Those interactions are not knitted by people but themselves. 

But I really don't mind (as if, I would be sad for days) if they are not the end game

I really hope the best for them

Okay now, I dont want to start interacting with you guys, with a negative vibe. But...

Did you guys watch recent MUD episode(287). In this episode, He tried to set up somin with someone(im very bad with names). Minsuk, i believe. so here's my question.

Is it possible for a man to actually set his crush or his gf with someone? 

So let me think he sees her as his little sister, junior, fav writer and all. But his eyes when sees her, his protectiveness, his adorable laugh, his reaction when shes dancing, these things prove other-wise 

• Like 6

Just now, Silent Shipper said:

Hello guys, I am new here, actually new for everything. So, Please don't mind my terminology. I started watching k-dramas a year back. I used to enjoy but at some point I was not really into dramas. That's when I saw Running man. It was totally my type. I instantly  became a fan of Jeon Somin. She outshined everybody for me. She's definitely different & weird. She's crazy yet cute. And her chemistry. I ship her with everybody. She's so sociable. I really liked kwangmin, chamin too yoomin, jjisukjin and somin, hamin, mong dol(I told you I ship with everybody). But what made me fall in love was Kookmin. They were so natural and beautiful. Those interactions are not knitted by people but themselves. 

But I really don't mind (as if, I would be sad for days) if they are not the end game

I really hope the best for them

Okay now, I dont want to start interacting with you guys, with a negative vibe. But...

Did you guys watch recent MUD episode(287). In this episode, He tried to set up somin with someone(im very bad with names). Minsuk, i believe. so here's my question.

Is it possible for a man to actually set his crush or his gf with someone? 

So let me think he sees her as his little sister, junior, fav writer and all. But his eyes when sees her, his protectiveness, his adorable laugh, his reaction when shes dancing, these things prove other-wise 

but... It's not the first time...

So weird :S... i can't find the old compilations of "sbs now" and "snack" of JSM & KJK 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MandelBrot said:

but... It's not the first time...

True!  Should he go to such extent. This guy though.  Better they announce something soon.  Kookmin are driving me crazy.

What do you guys think about the reasons for them not announcing their relationship officially if it exist(I hope it is)

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote videos. Thanks!
  • Like 2

Been wanting to write a post about all the moments from MUD recently, but its turning out to be longer than I thought :sweatingbullets:And after today's episode I definitely wanted to post it even more. Maybe in 2 or 3 days, once I finally get the time, I will.

But like mentioned above by @MandelBrot KJK (not only him but YJS, HH and even YSC once - also other Sixth Sense members) tried setting her up with the guys they know. They have never or very rarely give a follow up of what happened after that, whether she liked it or not or why or what happened. If the date worked, it makes sense to why they wouldn't want to give follow up ensuring JSM's privacy. But this happens most of the time. So they keep setting her up or keeping an eye on someone (especially RM members) without any information about previous dates. 

@Silent Shipper Welcome, I'm also fairly new here, been having a great time reading and making posts here. Everyone in this forum is really great. I hope enjoy your time over here without much worry.

:elated:

Edit

Could think of quite a few big and small reasons they are not announcing, that is if they are together. 

One is putting RM in danger and their works. Having two of the members in relationship, will definitely change the way viewers watch the episodes. LLs being one reason but the entire team dynamic will be viewed differently along with the guest interactions.

They will probably unnecessary (not that they want to) but large amounts of attention to them and their relation rather than the episode itself. And things like, when one of them shows chemistry with a guest or another member, they will be quite a few viewers comparing them and so on. It will damage the show, and its probably the last thing they want. Having a show run for 11 years, they must have that pressure to keep it up while it can.

So it's probably the best for them to keep it low, so they can both keep working whether its JSM's drama or KJK's variety shows. 

Also as mentioned by @kyoko22 both of them don't want to go public with their relations.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Whether he is serious or he is just talking for the sake of situation, we have to wait and see. Will he really set blind date between Somin and OMS or not. But let say Somin if really single and seriously want to find her future spouse, I doubt she wants to do that through variety show, where everyone can see. Yes, she maybe can meet the man thru variety show, but I doubt she wants the phase where they want to know each other become a variety thing. Though she has a flirty character, but she is really secretive about her love life. Her first and last public relationship is enough lesson for her not to date in public again. And I think if JK really serious, he will do privately not publicly like that.

But things I find funny from that scene

1. He said Somin and OMS looks good together. But he is also the one who got upset several times because of chanmin LL. He is also the one who got upset because Somin reacted to Lee Jae Hoon. He is also the one who got upset when Somin just greet Kim Dong Joon. He persistently to block Somin from playing with Chae Jong Hyeop.

2. He said Oh Min Suk has the criterias that Somin likes. But he is also the one who asked Wookmin what kind of man Somin should meet. He is contradicting himself.

24 minutes ago, Silent Shipper said:

What do you guys think about the reasons for them not announcing their relationship officially if it exist(I hope it is)

Somin said public will only know she is dating when she announces her marriage. She won't dates in public ever again. So as JK. If they really have a relationship, this is the reason.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I also remember watching their compilation early on but couldn't find it afterwards. Then once I searched using Hangul and found the one I was looking for. (The video doesn't come up if you use English for me atleast) 

I don't remember whether this was uploaded on other channels like "snack" or "sbs now" (I feel like there was because I faintly remember English titles). (But I've also noticed in this channel, they tend to change the titles even after some days/weeks, so it could have the same video)

But there is Eng Sub, which is good. 

@MandelBrot So I'm not sure if this is the compilation you were referring to, but this is the only one I could find.

Title: (ENG SUB)[예능맛ZIP/런닝맨] 김종국X전소민 꾹민남매 모음.ZIP / Runningman

Trans: (ENG SUB) Kim Jong Kook X Jeon So Min Kookin Siblings Collection.ZIP

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X9fqNphY0I

There could be one more different compilation but highly unlikely more than 2 compilations because LLs started forming and majority of the time following content were heavily focused on that. There could hidden ones like these though. 

This was definitely one of first few fav videos that I came across at my beginning of my Kookmin journey. It was like my welcome video that made fall into their chemistry; most of it, it's their classic and iconic scenes from the older episodes when they started becoming closer.

:fullofhearts:

Wish there was a part 2 uploaded -_-

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@RM1507Thank you very much, that was one of them!!!.

But, I remembered that I had a list noted in a text document and I can confirm that they are no longer on youtube. :(

"There could be one more different compilation but highly unlikely more than 2 compilations because LLs started forming and majority of the time following content were heavily focused on that. There could hidden ones like these though.   "

i know, but they were compilations with kookmin, chanmin, etc...

• Like 2

I'm so glad we talk about this. I've been overthinking :joy:

First about the kookmin videos, when I read it, I immediately searched it, using hangul too, but yeah I only found the one RM1507 shared. Then I remember I made a youtube playlist for Kookmin videos and Somin's old photoshoot / shows.

And I found the one from snack, but they deleted the caption on the thumbnail. And it appears on when you typed "jongkook somin". I searched thru my files, and most Kookmin video from KOCOWA used "jong kook, so min", with space. But KOCOWA's old video is not available in my country anymore ㅠㅠ

(Btw I'm so glad I see many kookmin fanmade videos ㅠㅠ I remember when I first liking the ship, the search has the other ships..)

For MUD, I only saw the cuts

Spoiler

I was actually a bit down over this, because... what if the reason KJK asked people about what kind of man JSM likes, is because he wanna set her up with Minsuk? But I remember he also asked whether Somin talked about him behind his back. So. Scratch that.

And reading your analysis really help.

The context is Heechul suggested a "relay blind date" and they asked whether they have close female friends to set them up with.

When it's KJK's turn, it's like this:

Heechul: I never seen KJK's close female friends.

KJK: I'm close with SJH

Heechul: And JSM too.

KJK: I'm close with SJH and JSM. (eyes suddenly looked around)

So at first KJK didn't name JSM, at one time I wonder why he didn't mention Jessi? Jessi is really really close with him. She knows Tiny, she even went to ICSYV backstage to greet KJK. And she was on MUD before.

And then suddenly recommending Somin for Minsuk. I actually searched up Oh Minsuk, he's 6 years older than JSM. But I think it won't happen? JSM is still busy filming drama, if she has time to film other show, I'd rather her be in Sixth Sense 3 or HDYP WSG Wannabe audition xD

And I'm glad Heechul said, "Shouldn't we listen to her opinion?"

I actually want Somin in MUD to meet Siwon because they have the same birthday XD

About KJK being a new MC in Problem Child in House

Spoiler

Honestly I was so happy when i read the news, because I really love this show! I've watched at least 80% of them, because at one time I really like Min Kyunghoon, he's effortlessly funny. I was like, "I'm gonna watch this all week now. KJK might share more about himself too."

Then I saw the preview. I know KJK is replacing Kim Yongman, but I don't see Jung Hyungdon? I also saw the first guest is... SJH :|

Haha, JSJ, JSM had visited before, so the chance of them appearing again is small. Then I saw the caption: fighting like siblings in a family, sooo let's see..

The program is so fun, and you will gain many fun knowledges. But their schedule have changed so many times, at first from Wednesday-Monday-Tuesday, now back to Wednesday again. 

Bonus:

If anyone interested with young Somin

Spoiler

She's the model of this MV, she looked so thin...

She was on that TAXI show, but there's no eng sub ㅠㅠ

Spoiler

It's too long... But I have more

That Baskin Robbins ad with Ahn Jaehong lol

An interview with eng sub!

https://youtu.be/JVFC3iJ4mzk

This is have become too long ;;;;;; sorry

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

@rainydays94 Oh Min Suk isn't even in JK's circle of friend. Yes, I don't know JK personally, but from his variety shows, his IG, his friends IG, he has pretty close circle of friend. His dongsaeng group (Choon, Kapjin, Shorry, Sukbin(his manager), Sechan, Dindin, Haha...), RM members, Dragon Brothers Club, Tiny. Yes, he has lots of friends but close friend? It is very obvious who is his close friend (friend that he hangs out with outside of his work).

Oh Min Suk  doesn't fit in any of this. He is not in JK's soccer team. OMS also not his gym buddy. And I think JK on has interaction with him only on MUD. Even in MUD, when the whole cast gather, JK not really interact with OMS. So, I can summerize that OMS only a colleague to JK. 

Even if kookmin merely a sibling, it is obvious that JK really fonds of Somin. Lol, he even got upset because Somin said she only can rely on YJS and SJH. So, I really doubt he will go so extra by asking Wookmin what Somin's type just because he wants to introduce OMS to Somin. Isn't it much easier to ask Somin directly what she thinks about OMS? Would he really introduce his favourite dongsaeng to a guy (OMS) that he just know only the surface? It is makes more sense if the man he wants to introduce Somin to is from his close circle of friend. A man who JK really can vouch for his character. Also, if he really wants to introduce OMS to Somin, he will do it behind the scene, not publicly like that. 

And I hope this pattern still hold in the future. Somin never go to JK's other  programs. She never offically appears on MUD. She never officially appear on JK's YT (even when Show Window really had minimal promotion). Somin never post photo of her only with JK on IG. JK never appear 6th Sense (imagine how gleeful the staff if they manage to fool JK who has detective instinct). What i want to say is, they never interact in the public outside of RM. So, if this pattern still hold, she will not appear on MUD for that blind date.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4
  • Blob 2

In reply to @Silent Shipper:

Hello, nice to meet you! I think you've raised a very interesting question here in my opinion because it is something I have also often thought about. If I'm being honest that's why I don't necessarily consider myself a HARDCORE kook-min shipper just yet. 

There's something about Kook-min's contradictions that has me asking the same question you have so beautifully put, so thank you for that. 

"Is it possible for a man to actually set his crush or his gf with someone?" 

I personally won't do that to my crush unless I don't want them to KNOW about my true feelings. But then again that puts me in a difficult position if I want us to ultimately end up together. 

Alternatively, If I was secretly dating my colleague I wouldn't want them to be shipped with someone else at the workplace nor will I want to involve myself in discussion about their relationship status so openly. This is just me though. 

In regards to KJK asking Wookmin about JSM's potential boyfriend, I think KJK was just making conversation (now that I think about it). I feel everyone has their own "thing" and with JSM part of her "thing" is that she wants to date or is hoping to find "Mr. Right." Hence the LOVE FROG character that stemmed from RM. Hence why he also asked Wookmin about whether JSM talks about him behind his back. That's supposedly also JSM's "thing" when it comes to KJK.

A few other contradictions:

1. KJK will act like he wants Chanmin together then the next thing we see he totally disregards the idea.

2. KJK and JSM are supposedly finding "potential partners" for each other while sometimes acting like they are interested in each other. KJK has said many times before that he will personally find someone for JSM to date. JSM has also played into the idea of KJK finding his love interest and even once said she knows a unnie that might be interested in dating KJK. 

3. YJS talks about setting JSM up quite openly possibly implying that she has not yet settled down with someone. 

4. Fortune tellings about Kook-min don't actually add up. (not that I believe in FT anyway but thought it's interesting to throw it in). Apparently, JSM is supposed to end up with an older man but will be inseparable if she ends up with YSC (a same aged friend). JSM is eager about it while KJK has to be more cautious with his approach to finding love and apparently he hasn't found her just yet. There is a potential for him to meet her in X amount of years time (can't remember what the FT said but yeah...)

It's quite the debacle when I think about it.

Now, It's not all negative actually. I guess what's positive about all this is that it means that KJK and JSM are somewhat hyper aware of each other's relationship status. Whatever that might mean, who knows but for now nothing is set.

I ship them from the perspective of a viewer who is looking for members who get an along extremely well on camera and off camera (secondary to YJSxJSM and JSJxJSM who already have real life married partners)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

48 minutes ago, Lulu lolly said:

"Is it possible for a man to actually set his crush or his gf with someone?" 

I personally won't do that to my crush unless I don't want them to KNOW about my true feelings. But then again that puts me in a difficult position if I want us to ultimately end up together. 

Alternatively, If I was secretly dating my colleague I wouldn't want them to be shipped with someone else at the workplace nor will I want to involve myself in discussion about their relationship status so openly. This is just me though. 

Let me start with this, I really cant assure that they are dating or having feelings for each other.

thats the problem with this ship. 

This guy KJK is getting on my nervous. Lucky that he's hot , handsome and not to mention  about his character or else I would have cursed him long ago . 

Sometimes he says that he wants to  set up somin with someone and even  he says "you look good with him" and all the things for the show but when she takes the action and the others react to her cute act , then he goes " yaish!" or hit him with a doll or  shouts at her or says " Aren't you going to work"  WHY Boy? 

What's his point? can't he stand stand on one boat? 

Aren't people around him warning him that he's being too obvious? 

1 hour ago, Lulu lolly said:

4. Fortune tellings about Kook-min don't actually add up. (not that I believe in FT anyway but thought it's interesting to throw it in). Apparently, JSM is supposed to end up with an older man but will be inseparable if she ends up with YSC (a same aged friend). JSM is eager about it while KJK has to be more cautious with his approach to finding love and apparently he hasn't found her just yet. There is a potential for him to meet her in X amount of years time (can't remember what the FT said but yeah...)

I

Fortune telling is definitely manipulated ofcourse it is for the show. I dont mind it at all. But in the latest fortune telling episode when it was somin's turn she was constantly looking at Tiger kookie and pointing towards him and all that. Thats fishy for sure

In regards to KJK asking Wookmin about JSM's potential boyfriend, I think KJK was just making conversation (now that I think about it). I feel everyone has their own "thing" and with JSM part of her "thing" is that she wants to date or is hoping to find "Mr. Right." Hence the LOVE FROG character that stemmed from RM. Hence why he also asked Wookmin about whether JSM talks about him behind his back. That's supposedly also JSM's "thing" when it comes to KJK.

Although I dont have any confusion about his YT with somin's bro. AS you mentioned here,  I want to state that KJK hates fakethings. As everyone  know that Love frog is just her show character, nothing to do with real life.(by the way, Somin  reduced the intesity of her "Lovefrog" character soo much compared to that start). I think he is close enough with somin to know that. After all , he knows about all her favourite things, her past dating life. So I strongly dont agree that he's referring to show character in his YT video.

YJS talks about setting JSM up quite openly possibly implying that she has not yet settled down with someone. 

YJS says many things(facts, jokes, LL's)  for the show. YJS is somin's guardian angel so I can strongly say that he never exposes somin's private life to public. 

If he or any of the members teases kookmin again in the future for the show, That's when I stop the Kookmin ship. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Yeah, like nothing is set but it's so confusing from the perspective of a viewer lol. 

I just want to tell it to their faces that KJK x JSM are genuinely good for each other so stop with the push and pull hahaha joking joking.

@Silent Shipper

Oh and pertaining to my *** section of my previous post it was just general chit chat to the other posts that followed yours, not intended as a direct address hehe ☺️ but I like your opinion actually

• Like 2

KJK and JSM are supposedly finding "potential partners" for each other while sometimes acting like they are interested in each other. KJK has said many times before that he will personally find someone for JSM to date. JSM has also played into the idea of KJK finding his love interest and even once said she knows a unnie that might be interested in dating KJK. 

I can tell where are going at when you referred " she knows a unnie that might be interested in dating KJK." 

See first, I have a golden heart, So I am going to use my most disciplined words for you. 

I respectfully disagree with you  @Lulu lolly 

So now its my turn to ask a question for you. 

Did KJK ever denied when he got teased by members with somin ? He simply shows his teeth as if someone gave him a world cup.

Did he ever state or just casually say that somin is his little sister? 

Why are editors of RM  trying so hard to show the people that they are not a thing from past few months(a year actually)?

And even in MUD episode, where he was at his solo concert why no one talked about somin and even mentioned about her?

Ok thats enough from me. too  many y's from me when I know the answer.

@Lulu lolly You dont have to reply me unless you find the answers for the above questions reasonable enough? 

I can tell where are going at when you referred " she knows a unnie that might be interested in dating KJK." 

See first, I have a golden heart, So I am going to use my most disciplined words for you. 

I respectfully disagree with you  @Lulu lolly 

So now its my turn to ask a question for you. 

Did KJK ever denied when he got teased by members with somin ? He simply shows his teeth as if someone gave him a world cup.

Why are editors of RM  trying so hard to show the people that they are not a thing from past few months(a year actually)?

And even in MUD episode, where he was at his solo concert why no one talked about somin and even mentioned about her?

Ok thats enough from me. too  many y's from me when I know the answer.

@Lulu lolly You dont have to reply me unless you find the answers for the above questions reasonable enough? 

By the way, Hello @Lulu lolly I forgot to greet at starting.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Silent Shipper said:

KJK actually has never denied the possibility of a relationship with Somin. As you said, he keeps quiet and laughs it off nervously.

However, he did say once that Somin was like a sister but this was way back in early 2019 (ep 451). He only said that one time, that I know of, and when they were obviously not as close but they were getting closer since he didn’t want to hit her unlike the first time Somin got paddled by him. He also said it kinda forced but that’s just my opinion.

Clip:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1