[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

Oh my god. I... shady mom is such a horrible person! She might be one of the- the worst villains in any drama! Why is she like this? She has no conscience and is so toxic... ugh.

MS is really standing his ground. He will get revenge on shady mom no matter what. Even ES, DJ and KS are involved in the Black Rose case now.

I'm saying it right now: ES may be sweet... he's sweet but deadly. Once he finds out everything, the results will not be good. At all... and Jenny will be hurt too. Both of them will be extremely pissed.

This sounds mean but I would not be surprised if they killed off EJ. She has no use in the drama whatsoever

AY... she's tough. I hate how she's so manipulative but at the same time, it's karma for YM for hurting SA!

Poor Ms. Ji... I feel so bad for her. I feel like she's gonna be the "old person who has dementia" character trope soon... I'm worried for her.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, chococarmela said:

But she's such a horrible person. She killed people and hurt Jenny and MS.

Yes she is horrible. I think she will be sorry when she learns that MS is her son 

Actor Son Woo Hyuk (Mansoo) posted this article about the drama in his instagram (on his profile description)

It is in Korean but google translates it good. He discussed his role as Mansoo, his education (he majored in French literature ) ,  his debut in talent show 2011, he acted in the musical Nôtre Dame de Paris.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/015/0004208166

On 9/14/2019 at 4:18 AM, Cassandra E. Bett said:

He's definitely one of the nicest people I know :) That is indeed his birth name and I know him from my fiancé's friend circle haha, we're all close friends ^_^ As for his girlfriend, I'm sure he wouldn't want that information public so I can't say hehe 

am guessing that you live in korea based on your comment? so have a few questions -- haven't seen this actor before in other drama. is this his first tv gig? how has the response been to the character of man soo by viewers? do they like him as well? so also curious about how ratings are affecting daily dramas. @nohamahamoud2002 mentioned the other 2 stations are cutting back on the number of dailys. so wondering what is the usual rating % for daily and where does this drama stack up next to others? is this a buzz drama? or just something that some people watch and like?

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

am guessing that you live in korea based on your comment? so have a few questions -- haven't seen this actor before in other drama. is this his first tv gig? how has the response been to the character of man soo by viewers? do they like him as well? so also curious about how ratings are affecting daily dramas. @nohamahamoud2002 mentioned the other 2 stations are cutting back on the number of dailys. so wondering what is the usual rating % for daily and where does this drama stack up next to others? is this a buzz drama? or just something that some people watch and like?

Haha unfortunately no, I don't live in Korea full time, only a few weeks at a time while visiting my boyfriend there :) I personally haven't heard of Shady MIL being a popular show there (heard about Home for Summer from two of my friends) but then again, most of my friends don't watch daily dramas as they're always busy working/partying. It's usually the evening shows like Graceful Family and Hotel De Luna that get the buzz. As for Woo Hyuk's career, I don't really follow my friends careers or have any knowledge of how his show is being perceived. I just know he's been in the industry for a few years now...hope that answers some questions for you, I'm not familiar with Korean perceptions to tv shows just cause my own friends aren't really drama watchers and the ones who are in the entertainment industry are too busy filming/working to watch stuff hehe.

@Lmangla the rating is low 

http://asianwiki.com/Shady_Mom-in-Law

As for actor Son Woo Hyuk he has several fans on instagram. But not many. I usually found that daily drama actors are not as famous as kpop idols or mini-series actors (who have so many followers that reach 1 million). There is one Korean actor I  searched who has more than thousands of comments on his instagram  posts

Chairman Oh gave a nice tribute to the newlyweds at the wedding, but of course, shady Mom had to use her turn to speak as a chance to speak her warped mind.   So tacky.

Dong Joo and Kyung Soo are on to new info and have approached MS.  DJ shows MS the withdrawal slips and much discussion about "Lucky".  I wonder what MS's strategy will be.

Young Man is out of luck as "snoring lady" has brought her suitcase for Mom and EJ to see.  Yikes.

today's episode was actually funny and there were lots of little bits that were fun. so man soo decides to leave but kyung in sees him and encourages him to stay and watch as material for the book. she almost drags his hand till he says "excuse me" hahahah... so aunt and shady mom are glaring at each other. shady mom's speech is so hilariously bad that everyone is like "what on earth is this???" LOL. instead of congratulating the couple, she talks about herself and how she raised jenny and she is so important. she even talks about how she disliked eun seok and has no idea if the marriage will last! man soo is dying of second hand embarassment that he has to step out of the room for air. he hears dong joo and kyung soo talking about lucky.

yong man meets kyung in and it is amusing to see her spit fire at him. kekeke.. yong man and eun ji try to have a gathering except no one shows up. @nohamahamoud2002 ~ it looks like man soo and kyung in might have a date. so yong man called and tried to get him to come over but man soo said he was at work. he then tells man soo to bring his colleague as well and man soo looks at kyung in and smiles a little. but he turns yong man down. he then tells kyung in about the gathering and asks if she wants to go and she is like "NO!" hahahha... but then she adds that man soo needs to live life a bit and he says that he does have fun on his own. she is curious to see what that would be and he adds that he will show her once when free. so who knows, maybe a small date soon?

dong joo comes to visit man soo and asks about lucky.

The heat is on and Dong Joo is getting pretty direct with MS.  DJ finally got MS to admit that  he knew "Lucky" and that he was MS's right hand man.  DJ knows their history  of  growing up together in France, showed MS the deposit slips of the secret bank accounts,  and the end of this episode ends with MS asking, "What is this about?"  I really can't figure out what MS's game is;  does he want his mother exposed or not?

LOL part when Chairman Oh said he wanted Young Man to get married and have a baby at their house!  Your wish is granted! :lol:

37 minutes ago, msmy said:

The heat is on and Dong Joo is getting pretty direct with MS.  DJ finally got MS to admit that  he knew "Lucky" and that he was MS's right hand man.  DJ knows their history  of  growing up together in France, showed MS the deposit slips of the secret bank accounts,  and the end of this episode ends with MS asking, "What is this about?"  I really can't figure out what MS's game is;  does he want his mother exposed or not?

MS wants his mother to leave Jenny go to her real mom. He kept warning her. So I think he doesn't want his mother to be harmed. But at the same time he wants KI to write  a book about Jenny to help her regain her memory. I think he wants to save Jenny but without sending his mother to prison.

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

shady mom's speech is so hilariously bad that everyone is like "what on earth is this???" LOL. instead of congratulating the couple, she talks about herself and how she raised jenny and she is so important. she even talks about how she disliked eun seok and has no idea if the marriage will last!

What a terrible person. 

@Lmangla the us

On 9/15/2019 at 7:34 AM, Lmangla said:

@nohamahamoud2002 mentioned the other 2 stations are cutting back on the number of dailys. so wondering what is the usual rating % for daily and where does this drama stack up next to others? is this a buzz drama? or just something that some people watch and like

The usual rate is above 20 %  for dailies 

In weekend dramas like My only one, it crossed 45 %  :)

in mini-series, the high is about 12 % 

13 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@Lmangla the us

The usual rate is above 20 %  for dailies 

In weekend dramas like My only one, it crossed 45 %  :)

in mini-series, the high is about 12 % 

SBS morning dramas typically fall into the 7-9% range. Remember these dramas air after working people have left for work so the target audience is not huge. However, every once in a while, SBS does a morning drama that has higher ratings. Sweet Enemy and Happy Sisters consistently had ratings above 9-10% and aired back to back. They both had good writers and PDs with good casts. I’m a Mother Too kind of got blah in the middle but finished strong. I imagine it is hard to maintain an audience with these long dailys.

Archived