[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

Jenny and ES finally got married! Yay... I guess? I'm just waiting for them to get revenge on shady mom. The wedding scene was beautiful though.

MS was about to leave until KI stopped him. I see them as a couple soon... not if shady mom ruins everything.

Shady mom and the aunt were glaring at each other like they were gonna fight again! For some weird reason they both hate JH. And I guess grandpa is happy for ES... that speech was beautiful.

Wow, shady mom's speech was horrible. It really highlights how selfish she is. She's got no class either... she made everyone uncomfortable. Everyone was like "what the hell?" MS just got up and left because he was so embarrassed. I'd do the same damn thing! That lady is bats**t crazy! I love shady mom's new hairstyle though.

Uh oh, MS heard the conversation between DJ and KS... I'm concerned... but it seems like things are gonna get harder for shady mom!

Ooh, I love KI! She might be my favorite character! I loved how she went off at YM. He and his bratty, annoying sister deserve it. And EJ.. can they please just... get her off the show?

"I know how to have fun by myself. It's quite fun." This is my favorite line from the drama now. Oh, I love MS.

MS, the investigation into the Black Rose involves you now! Get ready and join them! 

Ooh, the preview! Shady mom is going crazy and she will hurt anyone in her way now! The suitcase?! Looks like AY is here to stay and stir up more drama!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The detective work seems to be focused on the mysteries of MS right now, and I think his identity will be discovered before shady Mom is discovered as the Black Rose.  I wonder if Jenny's reunion with Mrs. Ji is pushed back even farther.

It's a matter of time before Ae Young is discovered in the house... she sneaked into ES's room with her snacks to spend the night after hiding under the table when Oh Ae Ri walked into the kitchen.

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

These last two episodes were really funny.  And you know what? I get everyone wants KI for MS, but I rather like the EJ-MS pairing too.  We know he likes ditzy.

Yikes, I don't know about that :wacko:... I don't wish EJ on anybody except crazy Sherlock.  I saw him on one of those KBS programs recently and he's just as nutty in real life as on this drama!

Jenny made ES promise that he would find a good doctor to help restore some of her memories.  She is tortured by the faint black rose tattoo that she is convinced she has seen.  She is totaling up the bizarre behaviors of her mom.

ES, DJ, and KS are trying to connect the dots between the money transfers with the MS and Lucky association, and the deaths of Lucky and the Black Rose detective, as well as the accidents involving shady Mom and MS.  In the preview, ES asks MS who he is trying to protect, and "Why aren't you telling me everything?"

MS to shady Mom, "If ES keeps tracing the evidence, he'll find out that you and your brother are behind this.  You should leave ASAP!!"  Looks like the ball is in her court.

Can somebody clarify why the money transfers from MS?  Was he providing money to Lucky to hire people to snuff out anybody who was investigating the Black Rose?

16 minutes ago, msmy said:

Can somebody clarify why the money transfers from MS?  Was he providing money to Lucky to hire people to snuff out anybody who was investigating the Black Rose?

this is just my understanding but not 100% sure. so if am wrong, someone please correct.

my impression was that shady mom has to pay some sort of dues for being in this criminal underground organization and in exchange, she finds all these random bad people to do her tasks like scaring jenny, kidnapping jenny and trying to kill man soo. now, she didn't want to pay the dues herself as it might be connected back to her and so would ask man soo to prepare the cash and send it to some accounts without traces. she didn't prepared the cash herself as she is a spendthrift going through jenny's money and so made man soo pay for those dues. lucky as his right hand man was channeling the money through various bank accounts and was doing it out of Hong Kong. man soo basically agreed to do it so that he can gather information and submit all the info to the police. however, man soo didn't know that the police chief is the brother and head of this criminal gang and this got lucky killed.

Ooh! A lot is going on!! AY is about to be discovered, the connection is being traced back to shady mom... Wow!

But one thing I don't like about this drama is how the men are doing most of the investigative work. What about the women? Jenny, KI and someone else should team up to fight against shady mom too. This part bothers me a lot.

Actually, I think Jenny is getting pretty suspicious and is trying to put some of the pieces together, but she still has the memory issues, so there's that.  But ES is really pushing MS's buttons!  It will be great fun to see the fall of shady Mom since she is so smug and is wanting to ignore the warning signs given to her by both MS and her gangster brother.  Can't wait for the subs... there's a lot here.

8 hours ago, msmy said:

It will be great fun to see the fall of shady Mom since she is so smug and is wanting to ignore the warning signs given to her by both MS and her gangster brother.

yea it will definitely be fun to see her fall. she is really smug because she has gotten her way for so many years and really good at manipulating and pushing people around. she is someone who can't stand losing and is very impulsively and bad tempered. the brother boss is smart and can tell there's something else on man soo's agenda however she doesn't listen. now that he has refused to help her, wonder what she will do. will she come up with some scheme to kill man soo herself?

12 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

seems Youngman longs to be a father

Finally, YM is becoming more serious. I've been waiting for 80+ episodes...

19 hours ago, msmy said:

It will be great fun to see the fall of shady Mom

It would be fun to see that! She's so smug, and condescending. Maybe what happened to HS from The Women's Room (she died) will happen to her. No forgiveness for shady mom, she's a horrible person.

26 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Finally, YM is becoming more serious. I've been waiting for 80+ episodes...

Actually when Youngman treated  ES well in the last episodes, I started accepting him. He is punished by having a snoring wife, lol.

However I hate ES's aunt and EJ. Eunji is going to harass MS, but he is way tougher than DG. Still she is so disgusting :confounded:

Hmm, seems Young Man is manning up!  

As for Shady Mom, she has been a real dummy all these years.  Everyone knows you have to invest in property or get your own foothold as a police commissioner like her "orabeoni" did to retire properly.  She just relied on Jenny and then on getting a rich son-in-law and didn't even take up MS as a rich adopted son.

I am rather amazed at ES and DJ just thinking that MS should answer their questions.  They're not the police or Korea's version of the FBI, so why should he?    Pretty arrogant of them.  And ES was quite hostile with MS.  All he had to do was ask nicely, but he was being an richard simmons.  Or maybe the actor can't act?

@Lmangla.. you were so right about the money MS provided to shady Mom going to the gang.   Thanks for that.   I totally missed that.  Now her brother is telling her that MS is dangerous, and who is he?  It sounds like shady Mom is determined to get rid of MS by trying to kill him again.  My prediction way back at the beginning of this drama was that she was going to bump him off and would only learn later that he is her son, and that he was trying to protect her for as long as he could. We're all rooting for MS to survive once again, but we'll see how dark this writer goes.  In his own thoughts, MS admits that his mother is not the greatest, but he is not willing to give her up yet.  Yes, she is so arrogant when MS warns her of the investigation, and laughs in his face when he pleads with her to leave.

Jenny may get some help by visiting the same Dr. as Mrs. Ji... I hope it works.  I would like to see the reunion soon.  

@msmy ~ since they seem to be leaning towards giving a romance for man soo in the form of either eun ji or kyung in, am hoping he won't get killed off. without him, there is a lack of spark in this drama.

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

And ES was quite hostile with MS.  All he had to do was ask nicely, but he was being an richard simmons.  Or maybe the actor can't act?

think it is the actor maybe. all his reactions have been so weirdly flat lately that I was surprised to see him so aggressive all of a sudden. even the love story with him and jenny had no feeling. they are supposed to be newlyweds right? but yet, they act like they have been married for years. not much chemistry at all.

I don't expect MS to die. Instead shady mom will learn he is her son soon.

4 hours ago, msmy said:

My prediction way back at the beginning of this drama was that she was going to bump him off and would only learn later that he is her son, and that he was trying to protect her for as long as he could. We're all rooting for MS to survive once again, but we'll see how dark this writer goes

This is my first SBS daily. So I can't predict. But the general atmosphere of the drama is cheerful. The writer didn't even separate DG and SA for longer than 1 episode. MS is not a villain (he isn't like Namjun in Left-handed wife). So there is no reason to kill him. Shady mom is the most likely to die. I will let my imagination run wild. Shady mom learns that MS is her son and dies while saving him :)

Archived