[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJ concludes that the sketch guy got arrested too easily, and that it seemed like he was waiting for them.  DJ and ES are suspicious that there is something else in the picture.  Next episode (preview) shows ES approaching Chairman and telling him that it seems that the Deputy and Commissioner are close.  Red flags.  :o

The masked guy got very little from MS's laptop, only the transcript of the book.  Shady mom will see it as the masked guy will prepare it for her.  MS took the red suitcase with the bank slips home .  He calls shady Mom and asks if she really wants this kind of showdown.  I guess it's time for him to kick it up a notch and start closing in on her.  

Jenny knows that her mother is the Black Rose but is not telling ES.  The memories are flooding back, including when she was 4 and snatched away.   Under hypnosis she is saying that she wants to go home.  So when does she get a DNA test to prove she's not related to shady Mom?  :unsure:

liked the little quasi date that kyung in had with man soo. he invited her to dinner and they had a simple meal -- something that reminded him of his father and he hasn't had in years. he tells her that he expected the publishing journey to be long and difficult but working with her made it fun. she asks him what his plans are after and he mutters something about a new start and it being long and solitary. she has no clue what he means and he laughs and says neither does he. it was nice to seem him relaxed and smiling...

1 hour ago, msmy said:

He calls shady Mom and asks if she really wants this kind of showdown

think man soo is really close to the end of his patience. so far, he has been holding it in but the more she pushes him, the more aggressive he is now getting with her. so what will be the breaking point where he thinks this has got to end? at this stage, can't seem them reconciling even after she finds out the truth that he is her son. 

I love the drama that will probably unfold soon, I explain myself, jenny knows that shady mom is black rose but did not tell ES. While ES knows that shady mom abused Jenny child but necessarily did not know his true identity and will be very angry with jenny for hiding it, especially that black rose killed people dear to him. Meanwhile Jenny does not know yet that she is not his biological mother(and even though she knew the truth now, shady mom has unfortunately raised her)  , I see the drama coming, jenny will feel sorry for ES and his family and will want to divorce.
I can not wait, I love this kind of tension

On 10/3/2019 at 4:34 AM, O said:

He does have this gloomy face that richard simmons me off before he even opens his mouth :D

When he told Blackie (she's no rose!), that he wanted to marry Jenny and live with her real mother, I thought he was an arrogant sob.  The best thing for Jenny and her mother and sister would be to disclose the truth.  Not him thinking he's some kind of hero by arranging it such that they all live together under one roof.  Whatever little pity or good thoughts I had of him died the moment he said that stupid line to his evil mother. 

Although I like the actor, but I am not blind to the character's faults.  Now it is clear that  he is not straightforward 

I belong to the villains fan club :D as many of you know about me lol 

Jenny learns that her mom is the black rose in ep 97. When will she know she is not her mother? At this rate it will be in episode 120 -_-

There are more pieces coming together, so we'll have to wait for subs.  Shady Mom makes her way to the new Dr.s office and got nowhere trying to badger the good Dr.  He pulled out the abuse photos, so he knows where Jenny has been and where she needs to go, so shady Mom is beginning to hit some roadblocks.  Preview showed her barging into ES's office with the photos and ragging on him.  That's useless.  Jenny had some serious questions for Mrs. Ji, so waiting to see what that's all about.

I had the same feeling as @marrez1that Jenny may have such guilt that she could possibly want a divorce or separation.  MS sees Jenny in the bar drinking, and he is perplexed and shaken.

So how many episodes do you all think we have before Jenny dumps ES in some senseless cruel way because of her guilt over believing that her mum killed his dad? 

At least MS will get his dreams fulfilled, as she's sure to use/run to him for support.

A scheme has been concocted for sketch guy that the illegal bank accts. were for his gambling habits.  ES and DJ are not buying it, and ES tells Chairman other incidences that indicate that police commissioner and Deputy are suspicious, and  stop telling them anything.

Jenny is reaching back and is beginning to remember a house with a garden and a Mom and Dad.  It's not all there yet, so we'll see what MS does when he sees her in meltdown mode.  She is burdened by knowing that shady Mom is the Black Rose.  Funny how there are not numerous photos in Mrs. Ji's house (like most Korean houses!) of family and events that Jenny would have noticed.

Shady Mom tracked down the Dr. and she got nowhere with her badgering about not helping Jenny.  He told her to stop distorting Jenny's memory.  It's refreshing to see someone genuine about helping Jenny instead of being "bought off" or intimidated like in other dramas.  I'm not looking forward to many more episodes of the tormented Jenny, so come on MS, let's get on with it.  <_<

I’m going to be slightly evil and say that after KI richard simmons-blocked EJ’s time with MS at the store, I hope at the end, he decides he wants the ditzy trophy wife type and goes for EJ and leaves with her for Switzerland.

Ah, man, what is up with you guys and the way you treat Jenny? If anything I feel incredibly bad for her.

She's ignorant to the world and incredibly naive, you don't like it. Even though she was abused and brainwashed by shady mom.

She falls in love with ES. You don't like it and want her to be with MS. She gets engaged to MS because shady mom forces her to, you don't like it.

MS breaks off the engagement and she goes back to ES. You don't like it and now want her back with MS?!

She's starting to get her memory back. You kinda like this but don't.

She realizes that she was abused by shady mom and that she's the Black Rose, and decides to keep this from everyone. You don't like this either. Where was this energy when MS was keeping stuff from everyone or when he tried to force his love onto Jenny, or even when shady mom and the grandpa forced Jenny to break up with ES?

I know it's a drama, but come on... it's not her fault that these things are happening and she can't control it. Let her be!

@chococarmela I always wanted Jenny with Eunseok. I thought that despite black rose's abusing ES, there was still hope for them. The 20 episodes left are long, the writer will just use them to give Jenny hard time. This is unfair.

MS's one-sided love was OK, as long as he is helping Jenny, but I don't want them together. I just hoped she didn't despise him. Now things are not OK

kekeke.... @chococarmela ~ eun seok and jenny are good fit but we know they are going to break up and then get together and then it will be "the end". ^_^ hahahhaha... but I feel like there is something in this drama that is missing where the leads are really boring and I don't really care much about what happens to them. am not sure if it is the fault of the writing or the PD but there is a lack of tension where you are sitting on edge thinking "no, danger!".. instead, am watching half eyes closed and thinking if I should get a snack. hahahahah... so am not really invested at all in their journey. the side characters are actually far more entertaining and more curiousity about how they will react and what they do. the drama basically needed to be a little tighter with more music to set the mood. at this stage, am more curious about how the drama will wrap up rather than individual characters like jenny...

@Lmangla I think you are bored because the development is slow. The Youngman, his aunt and Eunji's stories are extra, but they are supposed to provide a comic relief. Still they have many scenes and slow things down. Eunseok and Jenny are OK for me. But I think you are not looking for romance or comedy :) the mystery element is not enough, also the action and suspense is slow, that's why you are bored. For me I sometimes get bored, but then what do you expect from a 120 daily :) ?

4 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

but then what do you expect from a 120 daily :) ?

kekeke.. thats true; daily drama is more like a little something to watch and chill for about half hour. so not great expectations anyway. yea, the mystery element could be better done I think but we are almost at the end. just wanting a good satisfactory ending.

6 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I always wanted Jenny with Eunseok. I thought that despite black rose's abusing ES, there was still hope for them. The 20 episodes left are long, the writer will just use them to give Jenny hard time. This is unfair.

MS's one-sided love was OK, as long as he is helping Jenny, but I don't want them together. I just hoped she didn't despise him. Now things are not OK

That's a great way of looking at things. Ah, these 20-something episodes will be rough. I know. :pensive:

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

~ eun seok and jenny are good fit but we know they are going to break up and then get together and then it will be "the end". ^_^ hahahhaha... but I feel like there is something in this drama that is missing where the leads are really boring and I don't really care much about what happens to them. am not sure if it is the fault of the writing or the PD but there is a lack of tension where you are sitting on edge thinking "no, danger!"..

There is really is a lack of tension. The only "mystery" you get is with the Black Rose/shady mom and MS. They should really fix that somehow. The revenge is missing lol

I thought last week that Jenny was going to retreat and experience some kind of depression, but I'm not so sure now.  She is listening to the recording in the park, and the memories are flooding out.  She skips the team dinner and goes to a bar and starts drinking.  MS and KI just happen to be there and see her.  MS is shocked and fixated on her, so KI excuses herself knowing how MS always acts around Jenny.  Shady Mom calls Jenny, and Jenny starts to unload on her, making all kinds of accusations.  Preview shows MS next to Jenny and she says something like, "Your Mother"... (?)  Jenny is super angry.  :rage:

Archived