[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the sketch guy is none other than the goon in the gang that was supposed to get rid of MS.  The bank receipts are connected to him.  Yes, he's threatening shady Mom that he'll get rid of her and MS if they don't get the bank receipts to destroy.  That's what MS was putting on the USB, so even if Mom finds and destroys the papers, it is recorded and she's doomed.

MS kind of slipped up when he was telling KI that Jenny was a Scorpio, born in November, when KI was told something different.  Oops.

Mrs. Ji is beginning to get a big clue when pouring over the info given to her that her daughter and Black Rose  disappeared on the same day, same place.

This episode (96) and the next are getting pretty wild.  The pics are shown to the hypnotist, and Jenny is slowly putting the pieces together about being abused by her mother and the tattoo she keeps seeing.  She confronts her mother and the episode ends with Jenny getting slapped (of course).  ES gets one of the deposit slips delivered to him with Wang Soo Jin's name on it, and  he and DJ compare it to the illegal bank accts. that Kyung Soo provided.

MS is sharp and snarly with shady Mom, and preview shows him being threatened with a knife by a masked attacker.  I'm hoping someone saves him.  Dumb Chairman is too cozy with gangster bro / police commissioner and provides copies of bank slips that are torn up and thrown away.  The walls are closing in, but I suspect there is going to be a wrinkle somewhere that stops the momentum.

11 hours ago, msmy said:

This episode (96) and the next are getting pretty wild.

@msmy ~ yea definitely wild! jenny regained a bit of her memory and realized it was shady mom abusing her and not some gypsies. she doesn't tell anything to eun seok though. she is starting piece together and is wondering if shady mom had a tattoo and is the black rose. she is horrified to think like that and confronts shady mom to just tell her the truth and promises that she will understand and pretend it never happened. however, jenny is really desperate for some closure and wants to know what happened. shady mom keeps denying but when jenny asks if shady mom is the black rose, then she gets a slap. so in the preview, jenny is wondering what will happen if eun seok finds out. so there is the problem -- she is also confused on why shady mom would do this to her...

@nohamahamoud2002 ~ am keeping my fingers crossed that nothing happens to man soo. think dong joo is upset because of kyung soo's accident and his death being unsolved. in this ep, they found out the hit and run driver died in an accident. it is very strange but he was supposedly drunk. so am guessing that dong joo is frustrated and taking kyung soo's death quite personally. hence his frustration. as for wearing black, won't be surprised if they went to the funeral of the hit and run driver to try and possibly find some clues...

on the lighter side, yong man and ae young are having twins.

Ae Young is really fun! (Perhaps this is my Dal Shabet bias coming out?) I can’t wait for her to manage the entire house! We should all have such cheery confidence! And she is right, Ae Ri’s abusive actions towards her son’s girlfriends and wives is basically child abuse to their children. Not good for the kids’s minds and stress levels. 

This show has become so much fun now. It started out so slow and was rather boring in the beginning, especially when they went on and on about matching the two families together in the house and how they longed for their missing relatives, but even that seems to now work well in creating the current tension. 

53 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@nohamahamoud2002 ~ am keeping my fingers crossed that nothing happens to man soo. think dong joo is upset because of kyung soo's accident and his death being unsolved. in this ep, they found out the hit and run driver died in an accident. it is very strange but he was supposedly drunk. so am guessing that dong joo is frustrated and taking kyung soo's death quite personally. hence his frustration. as for wearing black, won't be surprised if they went to the funeral of the hit and run driver to try and possibly find some clues..

thank you :) 

I think MS still needs to confront shady mom, as her biological son, so his role is not over yet :) 

I know it won't happen, but I wish MS would get stuck by that knife tomorrow and I never have to see his deceptive, sneaky, greasy, delusional face again.

Then KI can open the safe and actually reveal all the secrets he's been keeping. Who the hell does he think he is to be the one to decide whether Jenny can handle the truth? He's not revealing everything because he's still holding on to his obsessive fantasy that she'll end up with him. If he wasn't, he'd tell her she's Ms Ji's daughter so that she won't torment herself thinking her mum (Shady) killed ES dad. But no, he's happy to giggle with them both over lunch dates every day, but he won't reveal their true relationship because then when it's discovered that Shady is the Black Rose, Jenny won't leave ES out of guilt and he won't be able to swoop her up. He's as shady as his mum.

Shady Mom learned that sketch guy/gangster was the one who was responsible for her accident.  He's so loyal to his boss that he was willing to kill the boss's sister.  

Jenny has it all figured out but is reluctant to tell anyone.  That really is a dilemma , being a well known person and married into a corporate family, as well as the guilt and baggage she'll have to endure.  MS was right about her having to deal with it now and in the future.  Good thing MS has made preparations with the vault;  I'm afraid that is coming into play.

The end of this story is not only the identity of the Black Rose, but the organization behind her and her Kingpin brother.  She is not going to rat on him, so the investigation will have to be intense.

On 10/2/2019 at 6:19 PM, Bejaffled said:

he won't reveal their true relationship because then when it's discovered that Shady is the Black Rose, Jenny won't leave ES out of guilt and he won't be able to swoop her up. He's as shady as his mum.

you really hate the guy 

shady son-in-law :)

I am in Mansoo's fanclub, and  I am loyal to the actor, so I can't say anything now :D  I will wait till the final episode lol

PS: I can never hate a guy who can sing, play the guitar and the piano (my weakness :) )

@msmy Shady Mom is surprisingly loyal to this fake brother.  he is going to throw her in jail if he can to save his own skin, and not even blink his lizard eyes, no offense to all those hard-working lizards out there lizarding.  

As for Jenny, people don't like to rat out their moms.  That's the dilemma both she and MS are facing, her because she thinks that's her mom, and him because he knows it's his mom.  

3 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

I know it won't happen, but I wish MS would get stuck by that knife tomorrow and I never have to see his deceptive, sneaky, greasy, delusional face again.

Then KI can open the safe and actually reveal all the secrets he's been keeping. Who the hell does he think he is to be the one to decide whether Jenny can handle the truth? He's not revealing everything because he's still holding on to his obsessive fantasy that she'll end up with him. If he wasn't, he'd tell her she's Ms Ji's daughter so that she won't torment herself thinking her mum (Shady) killed ES dad. But no, he's happy to giggle with them both over lunch dates every day, but he won't reveal their true relationship because then when it's discovered that Shady is the Black Rose, Jenny won't leave ES out of guilt and he won't be able to swoop her up. He's as shady as his mum.

Damn you hate MS. 

I understand you, I despise EJ too. I wish she got stabbed instead

What the hell do I even write?

This by far is one of the best episodes in the drama! Jenny remembers and even stood up to shady mom! I guess we should start calling her Black Rose, since Jenny figured it out! Revenge, revenge! Off with her goddamn head!

DJ is increasingly getting frustrated with the roadblocks about the Black Rose. In the preview, it looks like he meets the driver who killed KS...

ES, you're getting closer to the truth! Keep going!

Oh no... what will happen to MS? He better not die, his mission ain't over yet!

God, I hate that gangster brother so much... But today's episode and the rest of the week's episodes are looking fantastic!

Whew!  :sweatingbullets:  Everybody's alive... so far.  Call received at police station about sketch guy and his whereabouts.  DJ is there so goes along for the pickup.  Sketch guy is handcuffed and DJ goes berserk and starts beating him up, since he's the one who had Kyung Soo killed.  Guy is hauled off, but what will gangster bro do since he is now the police commissioner?

MS and KI go out for spicy food and talk poetry and laugh.  He takes her home.  Masked man sneaks into MS's office and is looking for the bank slips and stuff.  MS goes into office and sees him.  Scuffle... guy goes after MS with a knife, but MS's asst. comes in and give a karate kick.  Masked guy escapes but grabs the USB in the laptop before he runs out.  Guy is at warehouse with shady Mom and they are trying to get info from the USB.  Not sure if it is what they want.

Jenny reflects and is so sad.  Preview shows she has another Dr. session.  MS calls shady Mom when she gets home... he is livid and threatening.  More later.

10 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

He does have this gloomy face that richard simmons me off before he even opens his mouth :D

When he told Blackie (she's no rose!), that he wanted to marry Jenny and live with her real mother, I thought he was an arrogant sob.  The best thing for Jenny and her mother and sister would be to disclose the truth.  Not him thinking he's some kind of hero by arranging it such that they all live together under one roof.  Whatever little pity or good thoughts I had of him died the moment he said that stupid line to his evil mother. 

Archived