[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] You Are My Destiny 你是我的命中注定

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, lhynne said:

Thank you! But why did she still want to go away after reading what XY had written in the diary though. :crazymad:

At Si Qi's wedding JX also seemed to have come to a stage when she thinks to herself looking at XY : I love you, but I can't continue to love you.  -  I felt like she made her decision to leave and was going to stick to it. 

However I feel like in the last few episodes there was so much to-and-fro, I wouldn't have been surprised if she backflipped. XY kept saying this time I won't let go followed by epid hug scenes, JX seems to be moving towards going back to him, and then next scene the direction changes, then they are back to longing again, then not, then throw in a bit of noble idiocy here and  there and :nonono: 

To me it felt like they dragged it out for the emotional scenes rather than the story.  The scenes are very dramatic and heart wrenching though! :crazily:

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, lhynne said:

Anna looks so uncomfortable during the wedding, she was the only one who looks sad looking at the couple.Based from your translation, XY was disappointed with Anna after finding out what she's done. There was no scene how she was able to reconcile with XY and JX after what she'd done to the point that she was even invited to the wedding so she looks like a gatecrasher on the wedding lol. It would really have been better if they added one more episode to tie all loose ends and give enough time for our couple to be lovey dovey.

It would have been nice to see JX's family and XY's family have a nice dinner at their house, bonding and laughing. We all know JX's mom was heartbroken when she went to visit their house  with her finding out the truth about their marriage life. 

I love his answer with her question. Lots of lovey dovey scenes on the final episode and it would have been perfect.

For me Anna at the wedding n looking sad was a perfect punishment for her as JX got XY heart and love as Anna left with nothing 

Oh man I wish I wasn’t so behind! I’m still waiting for subbed episodes but have been cheating by trying to find any clips and unsubbed episodes on YouTube lol 

I loved the original Taiwanese version and watched it so long ago but it still remains as one of my most favourite dramas. This one is my favourite remake probably because the chemistry is fantastic but I also just like the character styling and progression a little more than the others. 

I’ll be back to comment later once I’ve finished watching and will enjoy reading everyone’s comments for now :D

33 minutes ago, angee818323 said:

For me Anna at the wedding n looking sad was a perfect punishment for her as JX got XY heart and love as Anna left with nothing 

In this version, Anna became clingy and selfish in the end. The writer never even bothered to give her a decent ending, they did not even show a remorseful Anna and how she was forgiven, so it was hard to sympathize with her character even til the end.  It was such a shame coz in the first episode she was portrayed as a good person with her helping JX with her wardrobe problem.

I agree that the actress who played Anna did a wonderful job, she looks and felt like a true ballerina. And she's a good actress too for a rookie actress. And sh'es just so pretty here

14 minutes ago, lhynne said:

In this version, Anna became clingy and selfish in the end. The writer never even bothered to give her a decent ending, they did not even show a remorseful Anna and how she was forgiven, so it was hard to sympathize with her character even til the end.  It was such a shame coz in the first episode she was portrayed as a good person with her helping JX with her wardrobe problem.

I agree that the actress who played Anna did a wonderful job, she looks and felt like a true ballerina. And she's a good actress too for a rookie actress. And sh'es just so pretty here

I agree that they never gave her remorse look 

You are right that she help JX in ep. 1 but i think they both didnt know they land up fight for the same guy 

I totally agree that actress play Anna look like a ballerina and her acting was way better than the other rookies out there

Extended version of this BTS :winkx:

(Caption - BTS: XZL Shyly Show his Abs)

Crew: After he finished saying that mother-in-law is so tired.

Crew: Oh so sensible.

Crew: You have to have that vigor of that coquettish little girl.

(Caption - Warming up the abs)

(Caption in pink - Your abs are currently charging!)

(Caption - Welfare booking)

XZL: I'm shy

(Caption - Suddenly shy)

XZL: I'm really shy. 

LJ: So?

XZL: I've never filmed such a scene with an actress

(Caption - What kind of play?)

LJ: You just treat me like a bro.

XZL: No, it's too difficult

LJ: Treat me as your little brother

(Caption - Sudden departure)

XZL: My brother?

XZL: There must be some perseverance and dignity even between men

XZL: See, there are so many people 

(Caption - Pretend to request for clearance)

XZL: Those that have nothing to do may leave

Crew: Come, those that have nothing to do may leave. Thank you.

XZL: You can't see the muscle if I lay like this.

(Caption in blue: Addicted to abs, Inextricable)

Crew: Looks good.

XZL: Shy.

(Caption in pink: There is no wave in the heart)

XZL: There are so many people (watching) me filming

Crew: Both of you perform very well.

LJ: Painful? Is there something wrong with your waist?

(Caption - Bad waist, Bad waist)

LJ: Bad waist?

(Caption in white - Breakdown)

XZL: There is nothing wrong with my waist. My waist is perfectly fine. Look!

LJ: But you also said this place hurt and that place also hurt? 

(Caption in pink - More shyness all in the film)

14 minutes ago, libra22 said:

Extended version of this BTS :winkx:

(Caption - BTS: XZL Shyly Show his Abs)

Crew: After he finished saying that mother-in-law is so tired.

Crew: Oh so sensible.

Crew: You have to have that vigor of that coquettish little girl.

(Caption - Warming up the abs)

(Caption in pink - Your abs are currently charging!)

(Caption - Welfare booking)

XZL: I'm shy

(Caption - Suddenly shy)

XZL: I'm really shy. 

LJ: So?

XZL: I've never filmed such a scene with an actress

(Caption - What kind of play?)

LJ: You just treat me like a bro.

XZL: No, it's too difficult

LJ: Treat me as your little brother

(Caption - Sudden departure)

XZL: My brother?

XZL: There must be some perseverance and dignity even between men

XZL: See, there are so many people 

(Caption - Pretend to request for clearance)

XZL: Those that have nothing to do may leave

Crew: Come, those that have nothing to do may leave. Thank you.

XZL: You can't see the muscle if I lay like this.

(Caption in blue: Addicted to abs, Inextricable)

Crew: Looks good.

XZL: Shy.

(Caption in pink: There is no wave in the heart)

XZL: There are so many people (watching) me filming

Crew: Both of you perform very well.

LJ: Painful? Is there something wrong with your waist?

(Caption - Bad waist, Bad waist)

LJ: Bad waist?

(Caption in white - Breakdown)

XZL: There is nothing wrong with my waist. My waist is perfectly fine. Look!

LJ: But you also said this place hurt and that place also hurt? 

(Caption in pink - More shyness all in the film)

I love this scene! XY pretending to be hurting!:lol: love their awesone chemistry..very comfy with eachother!♥️

Ep 37 should have been about the lives of our otp after getting married again and having another baby! And probably how JX became more famous as potter and XY becoming succesful as businessman..:)

5 hours ago, lhynne said:

Thank you! But why did she still want to go away after reading what XY had written in the diary though. :crazymad:

After finished watching all the eps, my thoughts were she is still determined to leave despite knowing that XY is Mr W because she had earlier promised Dylan that she will return XY back to Anna. To her then (before she realised that the supplementary agreement was swapped by Anna), Anna did nothing wrong to her, as what she said to Dylan. Hence, it is a right thing to do to return XY back to Anna.  

XZL updated his tik tok today!

Congras! YAMD crossed 1.2 billion viewerships.

006TYGm6ly1gg34zsg1y7j30u01iou10.jpg

46 minutes ago, libra22 said:

After finished watching all the eps, my thoughts were she is still determined to leave despite knowing that XY is Mr W because she had earlier promised Dylan that she will return XY back to Anna. To her then (before she realised that the supplementary agreement was swapped by Anna), Anna did nothing wrong to her, as what she said to Dylan. Hence, it is a right thing to do to return XY back to Anna.  

XZL updated his tik tok today!

Congras! YAMD crossed 1.2 billion viewerships.

006TYGm6ly1gg34zsg1y7j30u01iou10.jpg

Congrats to YAMD 

XZL look cute

For JX i think she doesnt know that Anna lost XY to her already no matter if she give XY back to Anna because XY will never go back with Anna

Another BTS posted yesterday! XZL's height is 1.87m and LJ's height is 1.66m. Difference of 0.21m! :hypehype:

(Caption - Complaint of Angel Liang)

LJ: This is too unfair for me.

LJ: He is so long.

(Caption - Fiercest height difference)

LJ: I am left with this

(Caption in red - Difference)

(Caption in white - The cruelty of reality)

LJ: I feel like an ugly dwarf.

(Caption in pink - He started again)

(Caption in pink - Praise/Like!)

XZL: Thank you, director.

(Caption: The playful boy's daily life)

XZL: Oh, last filming! I feel like crying.

Ep 36 preview! :hypehype:

SQ: JX, though there is no beautiful bouquet, but I still hope to pass this joy and happiness to you.

JX: Thanks, my dear.

XY: 3, 2, 1.

Anson: Ok, right!

Anson: I'll take a photo for you. Come on, go over. I'll take picture for you. Go, go!

JX: It's you two who get married.

SQ: Then I'll go down first.

Anson: Come on. 1, 2, 3!. 3, 2, 1, Smile!

5 hours ago, lhynne said:

Yes, Anna even tried to delete the supplementary agreement in ep 36 when she taught that the law firm had sent the agreement to XY (this was actually a trick arranged by Dylan to find out the truth whether Anna was the one who swapped the agreement after hearing XY and JX's side of stories). She finally willing to let XY go after the truth was revealed and XY is aware that she was the one who swapped the agreement.

Fans discovered the below deleted scenes. Actually I am ok with the deleted scene of the cousin's love life but not the one where our OTP was riding and embracing on the tour bus. :nonono:

006uVVWIly1gg35v4wpmkj311h0p2whh.jpg006uVVWIly1gg35v5uvrjj30u01hcdwy.jpg006uVVWIly1gg35v6jz5lj31hc0u0gs9.jpg006uVVWIly1gg35v66uthj31hc0u0gs4.jpg

9 minutes ago, libra22 said:

Yes, Anna even tried to delete the supplementary agreement in ep 36 when she taught that the law firm had sent the agreement to XY (this was actually a trick arranged by Dylan to find out the truth whether Anna was the one who swapped the agreement after hearing XY and JX's side of stories). She finally willing to let XY go after the truth was revealed and XY is aware that she was the one who swapped the agreement.

Fans discovered the below deleted scenes. Actually I am ok with the deleted scene of the cousin's love life but not the one where our OTP was riding and embracing on the tour bus. :nonono:

006uVVWIly1gg35v4wpmkj311h0p2whh.jpg006uVVWIly1gg35v5uvrjj30u01hcdwy.jpg006uVVWIly1gg35v6jz5lj31hc0u0gs9.jpg006uVVWIly1gg35v66uthj31hc0u0gs4.jpg

I saw that too but i now understand that not all scene we see on MV are on the show 

They get deleted or cut

The scene when JX found the diary written by XY was very touching. Here is the translation of what was written in the diary.:crybaby:

(Not in video)

XY: It has been 6 days since losing little ximi. I've loss control of my mind. Kept thinking about little ximi. Thought about the moment I signed on the consent form, little ximi, you must have blamed papa. 

XY: It has been 17 days since losing little ximi. Discovered mama snail's recording. Little ximi, papa missed mama very much. Can you tell mama? Let her return back soonest possible.

XY: It has been 3 months 6 days since losing little ximi. Discovered that mama snail left behind the Happiness Cheng Jie 2.0 (Company's proposal). I've decided to set up nursery rooms in the office and conduct regular parent-child day activities. Little ximi, because of you, papa cricket understands the meaning of happiness. Hope that mama snail will also have a happy life.

XY: It has been 1 year 2 months 9 days since losing little ximi. Starts the plan for paving asphalt roads across the island. Also ready to start work for the house of little ximi (this is the glass house that XY built in the island for kids to play). Little ximi, papa hopes that when mama returns home one day, she can feel that you have been waiting for her at home.

Video Translation:

JX looking at the note that she gave to Mr W for purchasing memento.

XY: It has been 3 years one month and 19 days after losing little ximi. Little ximi, you brought papa to find mama. We all miss you in our own way.

JX: It turns out that the person who has been with me from the beginning to the end... is you

On 6/24/2020 at 5:38 PM, libra22 said:

The scene when JX found the diary written by XY was very touching. Here is the translation of what was written in the diary.:crybaby:

(Not in video)

XY: It has been 6 days since losing little ximi. I've loss control of my mind. Kept thinking about little ximi. Thought about the moment I signed on the consent form, little ximi, you must have blamed papa. 

XY: It has been 17 days since losing little ximi. Discovered mama snail's recording. Little ximi, papa missed mama very much. Can you tell mama? Let her return back soonest possible.

XY: It has been 3 months 6 days since losing little ximi. Discovered that mama snail left behind the Happiness Cheng Jie 2.0 (Company's proposal). I've decided to set up nursery rooms in the office and conduct regular parent-child day activities. Little ximi, because of you, papa cricket understands the meaning of happiness. Hope that mama snail will also have a happy life.

XY: It has been 1 year 2 months 9 days since losing little ximi. Starts the plan for paving asphalt roads across the island. Also ready to start work for the house of little ximi (this is the glass house that XY built in the island for kids to play). Little ximi, papa hopes that when mama returns home one day, she can feel that you have been waiting for her at home.

Video Translation:

JX looking at the note that she gave to Mr W for purchasing memento.

XY: It has been 3 years one month and 19 days after losing little ximi. Little ximi, you brought papa to find mama. We all miss you in our own way.

JX: It turns out that the person who has been with me from the beginning to the end... is you

Thank you @libra22... I am too shy to ask you to translate this part. I think this is one of my favorite part of the finale episode :heart3:

Does anyone know how director’s cuts work in Chinese dramas? They literally just needed one more ep to fill in the missing scenes which makes me mad since I thought the overall pace was pretty good without a super melo-drag. It was interesting though since honestly the trailers made everything more angsty than the last 6 eps really were which surprised me.

1 hour ago, lhynne said:

Thank you @libra22... I am too shy to ask you to translate this part. I think this is one of my favorite part of the finale episode :heart3:

Me too. This scene was so touching that I cried while watching it. More so than the accident scene. That’s why I need to translate it to share with you all. 

9 hours ago, lhynne said:

I agree with you. There’s no proper closure for her. It’s just a revelation that she did that nasty thing 3 years ago, and then that’s it. and she even got invited to the wedding. 
Although, on a side note, while in airport, JX received a message from Anna. And I wonder what’s in it - I’m guessing a full confession of what she did? @libra22 may I ask if you can translate that text of Anna to JX? I felt like, it’s one of the reasons why JX made the decision of accepting XY again. 
Also, as much as I hate this version of Anna, whenever she dances, I temporarily forget that I hate her. Lol. 
I’m just mesmerized by her. Especially in ep 23 when she danced the swan lake for XY. 

10 hours ago, WinCee said:

At Si Qi's wedding JX also seemed to have come to a stage when she thinks to herself looking at XY : I love you, but I can't continue to love you.  -  I felt like she made her decision to leave and was going to stick to it. 

However I feel like in the last few episodes there was so much to-and-fro, I wouldn't have been surprised if she backflipped. XY kept saying this time I won't let go followed by epid hug scenes, JX seems to be moving towards going back to him, and then next scene the direction changes, then they are back to longing again, then not, then throw in a bit of noble idiocy here and  there and :nonono: 

To me it felt like they dragged it out for the emotional scenes rather than the story.  The scenes are very dramatic and heart wrenching though! :crazily:

Yeah, there’s too much push-and-pull. I particularly love the scene where XY met JX in a cafe, XY walked out after saying his piece, JX following and saying she’s sorry (at least I’ve watched too many Chinese drama now to know the common words like Sorry. Lol) and they hugged tight. I thought that’s it. The beginning of a reconciliation. But, nope. It actually went the opposite way. 
One thing I love with the TW version is that, they resolved all issues with 2 episodes left. And with the last 2, we saw mostly how ML pursued FL again, get married, and finally have a baby. The only thing I don’t like is that silly noble idiocy on FL’s part when she learned she might not get pregnant anymore, hence, she can’t accept ML’s proposal.

I continue to keep my fingers crossed that the writers and producer will take pity on us that they’ll give us a special episode showing our OTP’s lives as a married couple. 
:Fist1:

@savingrace  As requested, here you go! :coolshades:

XY: Hello, Anson, the thing that I asked you to get check-in counter's assistance, is it done?

Anson: Yes, it has been dealt with.

XY: Good.

XY: CJX! 

JX: XY

XY: Open the letter quickly!

JX: No. I already know that you are Mr W. If I open the letter, don't want to go, what if I can't go?

XY: Open the letter quickly. Everything will be revealed. Take a look. Quickly take a look.

Message from Anna: JX, I've heard about what happened between you and my brother. I've also understand that feelings can't be forced upon. I want to sincerely apologise to you. I was stunned by jealousy then. Made use of your trust and secretly swapped the agreement that XY gave you. Because of my selfishness and eagerness to do better than others, caused a lot of obstacles to you and XY during this period, added a lot of trouble. Also hurting you. I am very sorry. Hope that you will forgive me. If you are willing to forgive me, when you return to Shanghai, hope that there will be opportunity to give you a treat, and apologise personally. 

JX: WXY!

JX: What is this?

XY: This is... the divorce agreement. The supplementary agreement to replace prenuptial agreement. The one that was replaced three years ago. We were all being deceived.

JX: You didn't don't want me.

XY: All I want is you. You are my destiny.

Nice MV made by fans with the ost from TW version! :doggie:

On 6/24/2020 at 9:01 PM, libra22 said:

@savingrace  As requested, here you go! :coolshades:

XY: Hello, Anson, the thing that I asked you to get check-in counter's assistance, is it done?

Anson: Yes, it has been dealt with.

XY: Good.

JX: XY

XY: Open the letter quickly!

JX: No. I already know that you are Mr W. If I open the letter, don't want to go, what if I can't go?

XY: Open the letter quickly. Everything will be revealed. Take a look. Quickly take a look.

Message from Anna: JX, I've heard about what happened between you and my brother. I've also understand that feelings can't be forced upon. I want to sincerely apologise to you. I was stunned by jealousy then. Made use of your trust and secretly swapped the agreement that XY gave you. Because of my selfishness and eagerness to do better than others, caused a lot of obstacles to you and XY during this period, added a lot of trouble. Also hurting you. I am very sorry. Hope that you will forgive me. If you are willing to forgive me, when you return to Shanghai, hope that there will be opportunity to give you a treat, and apologise personally. 

JX: WXY!

JX: What is this?

XY: This is... the divorce agreement. The supplementary agreement to replace prenuptial agreement. The one that was replaced three years ago. We were all being deceived.

JX: You didn't don't want me.

XY: All I want is you. You are my destiny.

Nice MV made by fans with the ost from TW version! :doggie:

You’re so awesome @libra22 thank you very, very much! 

:heart1:

Archived