[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

So in the red corner, we have our golden couple, Yo Han and Si Young going against in the blue corner, team medium boss consists of obsessive prosecutor and creepy nurse, plus team ultimate mastermind aka the evildoer, Dr. Stalkalot and his minion, 2 faced lawyer. 

The 2-faced lawyer.... It really is the lawyer huh... :'( 

I was kinda scrutinising his face to figure out if it's really him.

Coz I had skipped a previous scene between him and the ex-health minister.

Hopefully whatever suspicious dealings that Prosecutor Son discovers about Jinmu Rijund is connected to the ex-health minister. So in that way, he is "saving" YH and SY from falling into what would prerhaps be a similar trap of committing any act that may be considered as medical malpractice under their current legal system (most likely euthanasia since pain and death are the main theme of the drama).

On another note, I was re-watching the first few episodes to figure out when YH and SY started caring for each other.

It seems to me that SY has always been interested in YH from the start because he is a evidently a competent doctor. Then when she found out he (illegally) euthanised a patient and it landed him in jail, she became focussed on why he euthanised the patient. If they hadn't met again she wouldn't have thought too much about it. But they did meet again (feels like fate when such things happen to us in real life, right?) and every rumour or judgement made about YH and the protest on the day of his release + the nurse's words got her thinking about his actions. So she kept bugging him about the issue.

YH, however, didn't express much interest in her other than the "who's this pretty, rookie doctor working in the prison" kinda look. After all, YH's mind is preset to reject all romantic notions because he doesn't wanna get anyone involved with his life and his CIPA. Even when they met again in Hanse, he asked her if it's ok for her to be seen with him (since she's a returnee and he's pretty much a controversial, ex-convict doctor lolol). He just treated her like how he treated the others, no special treatment. But frustrated that SY is bugging him about his euthanasia case since the pending work they have to do (the fighter patient) is more urgent than discussing about the past.

The peak of SY's admiration for YH as a fellow doctor, a junior and colleague is when he saves the fighter's life.

Then she manages to gather some courage and visit her dad. She breaks down. Runs off to her corner on the staircase and sobs her heart out.

YHis leaving work just as he sees her running past with a tearful face.

And THAT is the point where he takes an interest in SY. He has seen SY from the time she worked in the prison (even if it was a super short stint) but she never cried. She has always been hardworking and earnest. YH sits on the steps above her to "accompany" her through her grief (heart ache -> "pain"). He can't cure her pain without knowing what it is yet he can't leave her alone anymore. She's got mysterious deep scars ...

Then when he sees her during the bbq/drinking sesh with her warden uncle, he looks at her in a new way. It is not until she confides about "her patient" to him after the dinner that he opens up about himself when he decided to euthanise his patient.

SY and YH manage to somehow connect with each other that night. That is the start of something between them. The moment they shared something personal.

After that, YH subconsciously starts to look after SY (not just because her warden uncle asked him to).
And SY falls for YH's kindness and how he gives her the strength to carry on just by motivating her.

Throw in some moments of close contact and eyeballing and we have them both seeing each other as man and woman.

Okay I'm stopping for now lol.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMOOOOO

Our first date (?), can we expect some love scenes tonight?

Please.. I need something to count on for the waiting next week :bawling:

And for last night episode, he finaaly call her "Siyoung-ahhhh"

They've come a long away 

DuDuDuDu ~~~~~~

1 hour ago, Tjhin Tanti said:

OMOOOOO

Our first date (?), can we expect some love scenes tonight?

Please.. I need something to count on for the waiting next week :bawling:

And for last night episode, he finaaly call her "Siyoung-ahhhh"

They've come a long away 

DuDuDuDu ~~~~~~

I love his tone of voice when he said Siyoung ah... It's so soft and sexy. It's totally different tone from the tone when he explained about the medical things.

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

Can someone explain going on with the health minister and lawyer friend that makes him 2 face to YH? I’m a bit lost on that.

No explanation at all. I just saw both of them talking twice but there's no explanation about their relationship

2.5 hours to go, everyone!!

I don't know if I will be able to catch it on-air ;(

I really wanna know what is the one step YH will take closer to SY.

The pics of them in the park ... i wonder what they will be talking about? SY insisting on accompanying him home? 

Then what about when he goes to his doctor? Isn't he also wearing the same clothes? The presentation seemed to be during daytime (I didn't see the timing if there was one coz I haven't watched the episode again yet).

I wanna knowwww ><

I was hoping he'd at least confess to her by tonight's episode. Not by saying "I like you" but more towards "I need you by my side"/"Will you stay by my side?"

*clear throat* I need to rant a little bit

What was Yo Han thinking when he went to that presentation in that condition? He worked so hard to keep his illness a secret and then decide to go to a presentation in front of 100 people when he is not feeling well and doesn´t know what exactly is going on. He should have canceled it. Yes it would have caused an uproar at first but eventuelly things would have settled down. How was he going to explain things when he collapsed in front of all those people? For someone who is so cautious.. this behiavour was so out of character. 

d8p19a4-8b9b6558-6432-4897-95e6-f34272fd

1 hour ago, Sarang21 said:

*clear throat* I need to rant a little bit

What was Yo Han thinking when he went to that presentation in that condition? He worked so hard to keep his illness a secret and then decide to go to a presentation in front of 100 people when he is not feeling well and doesn´t know what exactly is going on. He should have canceled it. Yes it would have caused an uproar at first but eventuelly things would have settled down. How was he going to explain things when he collapsed in front of all those people? For someone who is so cautious.. this behiavour was so out of character.

Possibly because his tests from the hospital came back normal and that was enough to convince himself that he was okay for the time being and that was a fluke.  From my pov, generally people are in denial of their illnesses regardless of how aware they think they are. 

41 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Possibly because his tests from the hospital came back normal and that was enough to convince himself that he was okay for the time being and that was a fluke.  From my pov, generally people are in denial of their illnesses regardless of how aware they think they are. 

Maybe...but it was still very reckless. 

14 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

Maybe...but it was still very reckless. 

He's a competent doctor who knows about his illness and others and what has to be done but at the same time is also another human living in fear of his illness.  So the defense mechanism is to believe things are still okay hence grab anything positive and run, so that he can live another day.  And I think that's why he needs Si Young because though he thinks he can handle, he can't.  He's just another human.

I like this two so much 

He stopped his denying and accepted the true that he need her and most important that he cant stop his feeling for her

She prove that she can handle it , and it wasn't just words I hope he keep his promise and tell her the truth about the test results  

By the way of test  results  what I could understand  he have a situation but the worst news that the treatment Is more danger in his case than the sickness  itself ( I know they going to play this road since his CIPA make it difficult to have any treatment that includes pain management or effects) :heartbreak:

okay that night date was so cute and lovely, sure subway sandwiches has to be the three partner in that date :joy: but I like

he confessing his feeling without  even saying the word I like you or love you 

He said he going to tell her everything, no hidden secrets  

He tell her he will ask her help from now on 

He tell her that he will try harder too to make sure she dont get worried too ( as answer to her words in ep 8 when she said she will try hard to change for him) 

He tell her she can touch  or check his body anytime ( when she stopped for second  before check his temperature ) it was like saying she the only one is allowed to do that 

He tell her he could hear her thought voice over there and he trusted  her 

Okay I can go on for ever  here why good time dont last so much 

That patient didn't die is that the good  time the nurse  talk about to force CYH  to do it himself??? Are you even human do you feel anything she innocent person here just like your child and she a mother too and her death and suffering only good chance to you , I know the nurse  has lost it 

12 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Come on Dr. Cha, you make lots of money, why did you get sandwiches from the local subway joint for your first date? :p

To have more money to make this drama and more dates  :joy: the good news as subway  in the picture we should get more dates and romance scene :smirk:

P.s. I am sure cyh didnt do it he was  shocked , it wasn't him it was probably the nurse  who did it , if that true she really lost it 

10 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

Come on Dr. Cha, you make lots of money, why did you get sandwiches from the local subway joint for your first date? :p

Thats where I earn my money actually by advertising!

can someone translate the preview later on? Did Yuri pass away and suspect YH shut off the ventilator? The nurse and prosecutor should stop what they are doing. Just gonna send all the people who have terminal illness and more sucide cases. YH can’t do much to terminal illness. His competent but not god to cure everyone illness. He understands that. He just try his best in helping. I also suspect that the guy who got euthanasia is not done by YH but his mom.  

YH keeps wearing the same shirt style and I mixed up the blue and white ones >< argh me.

Does anyone know how they even ended up having a "date" with the subway subs?

Btw @Shinobu I -think- SY was craving subway if I heard correctly :P and it's a great way to ease into the dating scene for our innocent YH :P 

@moomooz I think she did die because that guy who sits on the board of directors (and has that sulky faced minion) said it is murder.

And yes, YH is the prime suspect and YH said he will go through the whole process (of being questioned and blah blah) just like how he did 3 years ago.

I agree with @nona88 that it was the nurse who probably did it. But such great timing tho. Shutting it off just before YH enters the room to check on the patient.

-edit-

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

He tell her she can touch  or check his body anytime ( when she stopped for second  before check his temperature ) it was like saying she the only one is allowed to do that 

Did he tell her that?? Really?? -nosebleed- :wub:

Archived