[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

Lol Dongjoo's matchmaking attempt was hilarious after you realise all court ladies are technically the king's women.. and she managed to matchmake the king and his court lady! LOL!! Poor court lady recognised him immediately and ran as fast she could. I actually thought court lady would meet NokDu when he was being moody on the swing at night, but seems that still didn't air tonight (unless I missed something)/

This episode was fairly lighthearted for the second half, which is a relief that we didnt go all dark and moody. Only thing I thought strange was that the King is wondering around practically everyday, since they all keep changing clothes (except ND). And I feel like I've been led to believe that he isn't a bad person - he's treating ND nicely, giving him gifts etc, and he made good of the promise DJ forced on him to meet this lady late at night...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

forget about drawing, how she didn’t think the most handsome guy may be our beauty Nokdu :joy:

I am offended for him , how many handsome guy she knows  :tounge_wink:

Remember, as Dong Joo always reminds us about Nokdu, "Handsome, my foot". Her standards of beauty are different from the mainstream.

2 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Lol Dongjoo's matchmaking attempt was hilarious after you realise all court ladies are technically the king's women.. and she managed to matchmake the king and his court lady! LOL!! Poor court lady recognised him immediately and ran as fast she could. I actually thought court lady would meet NokDu when he was being moody on the swing at night, but seems that still didn't air tonight (unless I missed something)/

Heheh Dong Joo is as capable a matchmaker as her Goblin counterpart in Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency. 

5 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

Remember, as Dong Joo always reminds us about Nokdu, "Handsome, my foot". Her standards of beauty are different from the mainstream.

SO TRUE! Hahahaha

Ahhh I really enjoyed many scenes today. Excited for tomorrow so that they are fully back together! I wonder how YM managed to even lose track of DJ when he's so resourceful (and dude, you left her behind in the burning down village? she looked like she was back in her own room). Then you have Ssook's backstory being more or less fully revealed, which gave me all the feels when she saw Madam Cheon get shot :bawling: and then back to the funny with Yeon Guen essentially being NokDu's easy way out to go out and about in Hanyang.  And DJ at least has her wits about with her to not call our NokDu when she spies him hiding behind boxes. Phew one bullet dodged there

10 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

nokdu back to fiancé heart the way her face glow  :joy: - he is the food that never change 

Our girl could wait to see him look handsome, She may have chance on wedding day :D

Since the writers are pretty good at their twists, I have a feeling that we are misunderstanding the King. Besides the fact that he tried to kill his own son when he was born, we don't know an inch about him to call him a bad person. The massacre of DJ's family probably doesn't have anything to do with him because it was Minister Heo that was shown when her family members corpse were being piled up, perhaps in fear of the King finding out the late King's last decree, he ordered the death of all her families. Thus, DJ's revenge is on the wrong person.

One thing I really love about this drama is it's so unpredictable. We literally don't know what the direction it will take. Even the previews, they don't actually show us the important points of a certain episode and it just surprises us while watching it. Kudos to the writers ~! Hope they keep it up. I mean, who expected that this will turn completely dark? The comedy is still ALIVE :D

Everytime ND and DJ is an enclosed space, their chemistry and the tension is literally screaming, "KISS already~!" :joy:

Nokdu being hot the entire episode :blush: I'll miss uri Lady Kim but man Nokdu is just :heart:

ctto

Subs for the preview... credit to dramamilk

PREVIEW

Ssook – The big scholar? (Heo Yoon)

YM – I will help you get revenge

HY – What if we dethrone the current King and make Nokdu the new King?

Gambler – When you come in, it is your body but you an’t go out as your own body

ND – Ah, these Hanyang people don’t have any business ethics

ND – She is busy paying for my debt

ND – Are you going to run away?

AD – You want to put her next to you? that is what you think?

Hwang – They are having a hard time pretending like they don’t like each other

DJ – You? Make a deal? Are you going to the palace in front of the King?

ND – he said I can bring family members also

DJ – So, I can see the King? 

Follow us on Twitter for updates! 

Some Knetz comments...

Jang Dongyoon and Kim Sohyun were finally reunited on the new episode of 'The Tale of Nokdu'

8393f16ecb48be0067bb3aaa1f0eb8a7.jpg

Jang Dongyoon and Kim Sohyun were finally reunited on the new episode of 'The Tale of Nokdu'

Capture.PNG

netizen comments :

(+149,-2) You're making me laughed so much ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ  It's really love. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

(+129,-4) Jang Dongyoon really suit well with his Nokdu character ㅎㅎ The mask is also good, let's keep winning from now on. You are so cool ㅎㅎ

(+107,0) Woah.. The ending is amazing.. Yulmu is really... Bad... Today Nokdu look so cool!

(+49,0) Time flies.

(+41,-1) Jang Dongyoon's face is so good. Wow! There are all kinds of expression like seriousness, and etc. I think even if you act with various characters, you'll be able to perform well.

(+17,0) Nokdu is so cool today ㅠㅜ Why the pink outfit look so good? ㅠㅜ

11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

these two reactions say it all :joy:

Hold me tied girl , he was my first love :joy:

Shut up crazy man , I can’t believe , I have bath with him & rub his back :joy:

But I got to give it to Yeon Geun. His love is real :D. He still loves Nokdu despite knowing he's a man. Find someone like him who'll accept and love you for who you are :joy::blush:

Everyone, may I introduce you to the newest bachelor in Hanyang, now known as Yeon Soo:

This is Nokdu's profile for Dong Joo:

Plus points

1) His real father has a top-ranking title. By top, I mean the ultimate top (but we're not sure whether he'll be sitting in that throne for long with the Game of Thrones heating up).

2)  He's handsome/smexy and he knows it.

3)  He's the most thoughtful and adorkable guy around, even if he gets into ridiculous situations a bit too much.

4)  He proves himself with his actions, not empty talk. Case in point: he takes responsibility for their little chicks, Dong Dong and Dong Joo.

5)  He's the master of disguises. Widow Kim can do everything that a woman can do or even better.

Minus points

1)  He's a wanted man. By all the villains you can name in this drama. Capturing him seems to be on every royal guard/assassin's year-end KPI.

2)  He's a wanted man. By both ladies and gentlemen. Way too many competitors/stalkers.

3)  He's a noob at dating and excels at annoying Dong Joo with his outlandish dating antics.

4)  Romeo-and-Juliet risk alert. I'm not sure how Dong Joo is going to handle the truth after she realises his real father is the current king (fingers crossed that her revenge is misplaced and that Minister Heo Yoon is the one behind her family's massacre).

5)  He's bad at naming children. It's mighty confusing for chick no. 2 to have the same name as Mama Dong Joo. Note to Dong Joo: take over naming rights for future kids.

@lightbringer06 Fist bump right back to you! ;)

tenor.gif

kudos to the writer for not giving us a long separation of our OTP. If writer nim had done that, the missed opportunities will have to be made up big time to us :D i will even expect lines crossed haha!

so, a question to you guys:

ND is the son of the current king. But YM is also a prince right? Because he also wants to be King? So does this make them cousins? Step-brothers? Maybe i am understanding it incorrectly :blink:

I bet that as the King gets to know Nokdu the Civilian, he'll come to appreciate him and take him as his son by the time his real identity is revealed. Like you, I was surprised how he didn't seem so evil after all. Could the plot twist be how YM is not just the 2nd lead, but he's also the main baddie? :o

I'm not sure yet how DJ will be able to forgive the King, or at least be "friends" with him, but he also seemed to like her esp after that Matchmaking Incident. :)

I think the nature of the king and minister heo are the most grey... I can't tell what they want at all. Why does Minister Heo regard him as a bad king that needs to be replaced? We haven't seen the king really do anything at all (maybe my memory fails me here). YM is just downright the villian now, but how about the rest of the people in this palace battle? I do like Master Hwang especially, so please survive til the end! 

Archived