[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

On 10/26/2019 at 4:16 AM, tinymel said:

This drama has managed to use birth secret reveals (like YM being the grand prince — I’m going to count that as a birth secret) so effectively. People are not shuffling around and going straight for the jugular. Which I like. 

It is 100% fusion. But 100% believable within its universe. Eg I didn’t balk when it was revealed that YM was a baddy—mainly because I’ve been scratching my head as to how/why a nobleman like him wasn’t part of the civil service. (Obvs doesn’t have to be but seemed incongruous with his personality)

cannot wait for next week :D even if the angst is really about to take off. 

They've blended so many different genres together I'm amazed I don't feel overwhelmed by it. The tropes compliment rather than work against each other. They handled the reveal so well I was amazed because I never saw it coming. The angst is coming for us hard. 

On 10/26/2019 at 4:10 PM, lightbringer06 said:

@Ameera Ali ... everytime JDY is shirtless...

Me too. Just make him take his shirt off every 30 mins. Its always necessary for plot progression to have a shirtless dongyoon. 

On 10/27/2019 at 6:56 AM, lightbringer06 said:

YAHOOOO !!!!... good news :glasses:

I'm not sorry to see baseball go. Goodbye and don't come back.

On 10/27/2019 at 7:59 AM, Kshyn said:

How did DJ role changed from vengeful sole survivor of her clan to a skincare worker hahahah thats so random :sweatingbullets: 

and yayy doosan bears! Thanks for winning the game, now we can watch our drama in peace hehe

She needed an excuse like us for more shirtless dongyoon. I bet dongju secretly represents the audience every time nokdu goes topless. Who can resist those abs.

@Sky8lue Thanks for those (ab)tastic pictures. Keep sending more this way. Since they won't give us the topless making videos we'll have to make do with this. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, his insta post just said that he had been on set since early morning, shot 1 scene, and was sitting waiting for them to get ready to shoot a night scene. He wonders whether he’s going to ve able to make it home that night. He also wrote that while he likes the staff and everyone a lot and so is glad to be there, he was getting sleepy.

So, no actual hints given about his shooting status other than that he’s still shooting in scenes. I do wonder whether they are all going to be flahbacks or whether YM didn’t actually kill him as YM had claimed.

Also, I’m wondering about DJ putting her hair up as per the soompi article. I couldn’t tell from the photos whether DJ actually has her hair up, or whether it’s tied back. Joseon women typically didn’t put their hair up until they had “become a woman” so to speak, either by getting married, being a concubine or a gisaeng, etc. Given how short DJ’s hair had been cut, I can see her pulling it back into a pony tail or a braid as soon as she’s able, but not actually putting it up. Either way, the stills seem to indicate that this next episode will include a time jump as many posts have speculated.

@stroppyse Thank you v much for clarifying the correct meaning of the IG post caption! (I truly need to brush up on hangul comprehension when I get my next holiday.)

On the issue of DJ putting her hair up, I don't think I've seen any stills/teasers showing DJ with her hair bunned up in the manner which would indicate that she is/was married. I wouldn't put it past Dong Joo to take on a disguise in future, but I don't think she needs to pretend to be married in the narrative (at least not yet)! Dear Drama Gods, please do not go down the dreaded k-drama route of since-you-don't-love-me-I-will-force-you-into-marrying-me seen in sageuks. Yulmu has already more or less completely crossed over to the dark side, so please don't take away his last shred of morality.

Here's the text preview for episodes 15-16 (don't have a translation for this yet):

This is us waiting for tonight's episode:

Lt5i3n50iqbp637077899962477308.jpg

Is this the OST from the epic ending scene of episode 14?

13 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

him thinking he done A+ job 

her rate him D  :naughty:

him don’t want to know about grade :mrgreen:

Where does he get that self confidence? He is so sure of himself I love it. Entertainment weekly should cover his reaction to kim sohyun picking yulmu over nokdu. 

7 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

based on what we have been shown so far, I dont think DJ even knows the real personality of YM. Around her, he shows himself as this caring, righteous, gentle man who has had a crush on her for a long time. She also does know he has authority but most likely doesn’t even know why he has that kind of authority. Seeing that he is a lord, she may believe his status is quite high since it is what she knew from him as a kid growing up. Which makes me question if YM really loves DJ or is just lusting after her? He ordered the village burned and killed but he was the one who allowed DJ to be harmed in the first place. Yet, he tried to run fast enough to help her knowing he ordered to kill the village. I think his love is going become a greedy obsession. With his twist of personality, he may actually hurt DJ one day. I wont be surprised how he will no longer hide his facade once DJ finds out the truth and confronts him. She probably already has a hint that he can be quite scary when he told her he can easily kill ND. She just doesn’t know how scary he truly is yet.

They haven't told us much about what dongju knows about yulmu. Did she know she was engaged to a prince? I somehow don't think so but her grandfather would have known. I like psycho yulmu but his love for dongju is definitely borderline obsession. What surprises me is she never blinks when he says he'll kill someone. Has she already seen him kill people? That would explain some things.

1 minute ago, faye406 said:

This coming OST titled It Hurts and Hurts 

Maybe this one is the OST that we waiting for, even typed the song title hurts me :tears:

I tried to search up the singer's other songs to compare, but can't really tell / doesn't sound like her in the ending song of ep 14. But I hope it is!

5 hours ago, herina_90 said:

Ooooh I like the stills where both of them meet the King - it sort of brings the whole story together. Although why the King is wondering around like that is kinda odd - do the commoners not know his face? Although I remember in ep 1 there was a stand-in in his seat (when rocks were thrown at him), so maybe they actually don't know what he looks like. 

And this also means DJ will get some action! She's clearly holding a painting of someone, so I wonder who she is looking for...

@vangsweetie637 yeah you are right, I suspect the same. But looks like the story will start to convege now with the king meeting every one of the main leads!

I don't think anyone knows his face. Dongju didn't know either that the man she was trying to kill wasn't actually the king. Poor girl would have been tortured and killed if she succeeded without even achieving her mission. I've felt disconnected by the storyline of the king till now. I'm glad they finally decided to bring him into the plot but if he actually ordered the murder of an entire family I don't want a redemption arc for him. I don't want a redemption arc for the minister either. I'm already predicting their characters will die at the end. 

@Sky8lue I love where he going with it :joy:

option C may let us see his back flipping again :lol:

of course in kdrama logic all men will come again together in a group to fight him :grimace::mrgreen:

So he will win it one back flipping move :joy:

5db6d09c0799d085889247.gif?download

5db6d30b776eb530296919.gif?download

His killing move :lol:

5db6d0763f95b886425646.gif?download

* I have faith on my ninja :mrgreen:

I saw someone posted this in Twitter...

1572264196569.jpg 

Am not sure if this is the role of this new character but the character in the webtoon has been there since the beginning. I don't know the name of this character since I just skimmed thru the webtoon but I think she likes ND. Is this the one you're referring to, @Sky8lue?

6 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Am not sure if this is the role of this new character but the character in the webtoon has been there since the beginning. I don't know the name of this character since I just skimmed thru the webtoon but I think she likes ND. Is this the one you're referring to, @Sky8lue?

I think this court lady is new character created to increase love tension between ND and DJ.

If I'm not mistaken that fan art is for Hwa Soo, DJ best friend.. Because if refer to webtoon she's the one that loves ND too but scriptwriter has lessen her role ATM.. 

I hope her presence just for a while because I only need ND x DJ doses.. :P

14 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Spoiler

This webtoon character is Hwasu, though her role in the webtoon is quite different from the Hwasu in the webtoon. And yes, it seems that that this character nursed a crush on Nokdu in the webtoon.

Think she might be playing a new character like Yulmu. There's no court lady character in the webtoon. Though since she's a new character that only started appearing in episode 8, I hope she just has a supporting role instead of being some conniving third-lead who tries to drive a wedge into the OTP's relationship!

@faye406  My post crossed with yours! But yes, regarding the webtoon, that's consistent with what I know.

23 minutes ago, petunia said:

Option C. Replace master for nokdu with less clothes obviously. I mean why would you need so many layers of clothes to work out. Scientifically it makes no sense. 

Are you calling for lady Kim fight :joy::mrgreen:

Then how dare you see me naked :joy:

5db6d7875d31d115660102.gif?download

48 minutes ago, faye406 said:

If I'm not mistaken that fan art is for Hwa Soo, DJ best friend.. Because if refer to webtoon she's the one that loves ND too but scriptwriter has lessen her role ATM.. 

48 minutes ago, Sky8lue said:

Think she might be playing a new character like Yulmu. There's no court lady character in the webtoon. Though since she's a new character that only started appearing in episode 8, I hope she just has a supporting role instead of being some conniving third-lead who tries to drive a wedge into the OTP's relationship!

Ah yes, Hwa Soo *facepalm*.... lol.. how did I forget about her. Someone already pointed out that before :lol:. Thanks, chingus :).

I agree, Hwa Soo's role is very different in the drama and we didn't get to see her much in the drama compared to the webtoon. So pretty sure this court lady is just an extra supporting one, just like you guys say, to spice up ND and DJ's relationship a little bit... for us to see a jealous DJ ^^.

I also remember this one female actress before who's taking a role of having feelings for Yulmu and is jealous that YM's attention is focused on DJ. Where's that now? Or is that a misinformation?

Archived