[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

59 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

But I got to give it to Yeon Geun. His love is real :D. He still loves Nokdu despite knowing he's a man. Find someone like him who'll accept and love you for who you are :joy::blush:

yes from another universe these two could have been the main couple with another completely different and exotic story :)))) 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@lightbringer06 Fist bump right back to you! ;)

ND is the son of the current king. But YM is also a prince right? Because he also wants to be King? So does this make them cousins? Step-brothers? Maybe i am understanding it incorrectly :blink:

I think it was mentioned in the drama that YM is the current king's nephew. The king called YM his nephew. 

If YM is Grand Prince Neungyang, then based on history, YM's father is the King's half-brother. 

44 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Fist bump right back to you! ;)

kudos to the writer for not giving us a long separation of our OTP. If writer nim had done that, the missed opportunities will have to be made up big time to us :D i will even expect lines crossed haha!

ND is the son of the current king. But YM is also a prince right? Because he also wants to be King? So does this make them cousins? Step-brothers? Maybe i am understanding it incorrectly :blink:

:kiss_wink: ... yes, we need some lines being crossed here :D.. they need to utilize the sizzling chemistry well :joy:

They're cousins. That's what everybody has been saying, so ^^. And he just kissed him...HAHA...

34 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

I think the nature of the king and minister heo are the most grey... I can't tell what they want at all. Why does Minister Heo regard him as a bad king that needs to be replaced? We haven't seen the king really do anything at all (maybe my memory fails me here). YM is just downright the villian now, but how about the rest of the people in this palace battle? I do like Master Hwang especially, so please survive til the end! 

Agree. ND and DJ entering the palace will surely shed light on the real characters and intentions of these two ahjussis. I wanna believe that the King might not be a bad person after all. These are still mysteries that are yet to be unveiled.

21 minutes ago, kaqueski said:

yes from another universe these two could have been the main couple with another completely different and exotic story :)))) 

It's screaming BL to me :joy: But yeah, you're right ^^.

I still can't believe that ...

Spoiler

Lady Cheon really died. If I remember/understand correctly, she's a pretty significant character in the webtoon. Because she was the one who gave her blessings to both ND and DJ. Or I may be wrong about that since I couldn't fully understand the conversations in Hangul. But they just went and killed her off :tears:

.. I watched the first few minutes and DANG, the fighting scene is just DAEBAK, and I love that they're playing that OST in the background. ND is so sleek fighting off those barbarians while protecting DJ and sacrificing his body :blush:. Jang Dong Yoon is meant for Saeguk, really. He's dashing in this entire episode :wub:

I would like the king to turn out to be a good guy, but I cannot think of any forgivable reason to try and kill your baby son. Also, I remember him being very unpleasant to the young prince. Didn’t he threaten him? 

My new theory is that DJ’s family will turn out to have been plotting with YM’s family to overthrow the king and that is why they were killed. YM’s family were too powerful to die. This would mean that DJ can’t blame the king as her family were traitorous.

As for Nokdu, I think perhaps he ends up seeing the king as pitiable and cornered. If we see the king as living such an awful life that he ends up paranoid and forced to see everyone as a threat to his throne, even his son, maybe DJ and Nokdu can feel sorry enough to forgive his actions. Especially if he acknowledges his wrongdoings and repents, and also is no longer the king (which based on historical fact is likely to happen). 

Is it just me or this newest episode flow is awfully slow... There was a lot spacing out of characters, editing also seems a bit choppy.

A few thoughts under spoiler tag after watching the complete eng sub

Spoiler

The politic business is still confusing as ever. There were already hints and some revelation made but everything is still confusing (if not a big mess).

For example we know that Heo Yoon is behind Dong Ju's family massacre and Nokdu's killing when he was just born. Heo Yoon is also the person who order the widow gangs to kill Nokdu family on island. Heo Yoon was one of the king most trusted person to carry out these task. (thats why the king is being so agony on the swing about the thought that HY may be plotting against him).

Now for some reason, Heo Yoon want to dethrone the king. Heo Yoon found a will of the late king through DongJu's dad which may explain what was the reason for this sudden change of loyalty? 

We don't know much about what kind of person is the king, today episode shows him interacting with nokdu seems kind and natural. 

But... did the king seems to like dongju and will take her in as court lady/concubine??? That misunderstanding where dongju ask him to meet at the swing does make it look like dongju has the hots for the king (or at least if i were the king i would mistake it like that :))) ) 

I found Yulmul character is a bit of a contradicting character. I dont get why he is so obsessed with DongJu, something just doesnt click - the way he is heartlessly killing others for what he wants and the way he loves dongju and stay silently by to watch her. Now since his real character reveals and nokdu appear, he shows more of a possesive kind of guy (order his guard to take DongJu by force). I notice YM is quite superficial as well, compliment dongju when she dressed up a giseng, but for some reason hesitate to touch her cheek when she was brought back injured from the bandit (is it because she looks dirty?) 

After watching the preview, seems like the big misunderstanding gonna happen - YM is directing widow's revenge on Heo Yoon and maybe have them working for him instead. Same with Dongju's revenge, i hope it is not to the wrong person... 

I don't know man, there could be so many hipcups/expected frustration misunderstanding coming up next. I just hope there won't be any noble idiocy and I pray that whatever misunderstanding, it will be resolved fast. 

More dongju/nokdu interaction IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED! 

Have to admit, I miss the lighter tone in the first few episode :p politics killlllll 

I was so mad at Aeng Du for ratting out Nok Du like that:P Can't believe I'm annoyed at a child for goodness sakes! It's horrible how they decimated all the widows..:unsure: What were their crime?! They were just trying to live their lives. Even in modern day  South Korea, patriarchy still reign supreme & they don't take too kindly toward anyone who stands out..-_-

I don't understand how a parent could kill their own child but that's the ugliness of human nature I suppose. The King feels a connection to Nok Du/Yeon Soo, hopefully this will change his opinion of him & hopefully Dong Joo's as well..

Ahahah Nok Du's suitor, "You are still beautiful~" I know LoL:w00t: Pink suits him;) 

I’m a broken record but I love this drama. 

There are so many times that I think any other drama would really muck X up but here I find it believable and exciting. 

As for the king wanting to kill to kill his son... I’ve always thought it was because the mother is the current queen dowager. So his father’s wife. If it had been found out then she would have been killed. While it is ugly to kill your own child, I think it was in part to save the woman he loved. I could be wrong... but it was all about timing... maybe?

also, wow. The ability of the writer and actors to shift from YM being the nice to bad and now the king from bad to less bad/possible good father figure is astounding. I’m loving the chemistry between Nokdu and the king! Even if it turns antagonistic, I appreciate how in a single episode they managed to build the connection with a series of brief meetings. Excellent work team!

3 hours ago, elan1 said:

Ep 8

4.9% / 7.3%

Ratings are an improvement from last week but still lets get it knetizen! Do your job and turn on that television LOL

The first part being low is quite understandable because of the other SBS drama that premiered, but I'm glad it picked up on the second half and even higher than last week. And still mainstains as the top Mon-Tue drama. Yeah, fighting, TTON ~! :D

EDIT:

So this is that high five, it was during the attack :D  posted by Mi Young...

ctto

My thoughts on ep 8:

wohoo, they didnt do the 'I ThOughT 4 ReAlz You iS dEAd" kind of story hehehe and glad they will have more scenes together next episode based on the preview coz their chemistry is unreal. There's fireworks when they are together especially in tight spaces + intense staring lol. I hope DJ will hug or even better, kiss ND to trick the king. pretty pleaaseeee.

The king looks like a nice person and cute too when he actually came to the swing,:P, Im kinda loving ND and the king together. 

BTW, It was nice of the bandits to wait for nokdu to put dj down gently and safely before attacking him :joy: and ND got sliced and hacked by a hammer but still can fight. Boy is indeed amazing hahahah:wub:

and congratulations tale of nokdu team, the rating went up!:blush:

9 hours ago, kaqueski said:

Is it just me or this newest episode flow is awfully slow... There was a lot spacing out of characters, editing also seems a bit choppy.

A few thoughts under spoiler tag after watching the complete eng sub

Reveal hidden contents

The politic business is still confusing as ever. There were already hints and some revelation made but everything is still confusing (if not a big mess).

For example we know that Heo Yoon is behind Dong Ju's family massacre and Nokdu's killing when he was just born. Heo Yoon is also the person who order the widow gangs to kill Nokdu family on island. Heo Yoon was one of the king most trusted person to carry out these task. (thats why the king is being so agony on the swing about the thought that HY may be plotting against him).

Now for some reason, Heo Yoon want to dethrone the king. Heo Yoon found a will of the late king through DongJu's dad which may explain what was the reason for this sudden change of loyalty? 

We don't know much about what kind of person is the king, today episode shows him interacting with nokdu seems kind and natural. 

But... did the king seems to like dongju and will take her in as court lady/concubine??? That misunderstanding where dongju ask him to meet at the swing does make it look like dongju has the hots for the king (or at least if i were the king i would mistake it like that :))) ) 

I found Yulmul character is a bit of a contradicting character. I dont get why he is so obsessed with DongJu, something just doesnt click - the way he is heartlessly killing others for what he wants and the way he loves dongju and stay silently by to watch her. Now since his real character reveals and nokdu appear, he shows more of a possesive kind of guy (order his guard to take DongJu by force). I notice YM is quite superficial as well, compliment dongju when she dressed up a giseng, but for some reason hesitate to touch her cheek when she was brought back injured from the bandit (is it because she looks dirty?) 

After watching the preview, seems like the big misunderstanding gonna happen - YM is directing widow's revenge on Heo Yoon and maybe have them working for him instead. Same with Dongju's revenge, i hope it is not to the wrong person... 

I don't know man, there could be so many hipcups/expected frustration misunderstanding coming up next. I just hope there won't be any noble idiocy and I pray that whatever misunderstanding, it will be resolved fast. 

More dongju/nokdu interaction IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED! 

Have to admit, I miss the lighter tone in the first few episode :p politics killlllll 

To me, the show is no longer elaborate since ep 4. They came back from Hanyang and politics involve in, the writing get out of genre. No one know the reason or goal of any party. The game get confusing and drag too long with no significant movement. For romance, it's worse. DJ knew ND was man so soon but they were clueless abt each other for so long, they have no doubt or investigate on each other, they just kept asking and got mad because they cant get the answer. Then, they love but they continue living their own life with their own revenge and political things (excuse me, it's already half way now)

Esp for DJ. I have to say, she's not just out of character,  she's out of the story too. If she's omitted, the story still run well. I know this drama has the male lead center, but they cant put the Fm lead that random. She was taken away by YM, and she came back with no preparation in case the fighting hadnt ended yet? She came back calll ND name, but Aengdu already spill out that shitty sister/brother dont-know-how-to-call-in-the-very-important-time (that kid now gets on my nerves).  So a girl at a woman town hide a man in her room is nothing weight here huh? Ppl know she know he's a man and... that's all. 

Lady Chun died. Lady Sook recalled her memory then she set her mind to follow lady Chun path. But our fm lead just learn the fact and cry and... that's all. Idk why lady Sook has to call her only to the grave? What makes she special to lady chun? How lady chun's death affect on her? No, there's nothing.

And the swing scene a.k.a the king's blinddate... Ottoke, you bring her here and there's nothing like she miss the-rainny-day-recalling-painful-childhood-with-the-man-now-she-loved? And what the point with meeting a King and she just ran away? I hope at least she hear the guard call "Cheonha" or Nokdu name and aware that he's in danger so she can run to the market and save him... BUt...she was just on her way and accidentally met him here like destiny make it so... And that's all...

I'm watching and be like...Ok, those are just hints, then there'll be a twist for the fm lead and we'll know her more... but how long to wait and if there's anything to wait for?

I can't remember whose post it was that highlighted that King Gwanghae did indeed have an issue who was deposed as crown prince when his father got deposed -- sorry, my bad! That changes the potentials of the story because up until this point of the drama, King Gwanghae is still living in the palace without an official, named heir. 

Just finished watching the latest episode from last night and oh my! It's getting more exciting as it goes, but I'm also glad that the writers and directors continue to use comedic timing and breaks to an excellent end. Even in the midst of the rising tensions, we still get good laughs in this latest episode. Yeon Geun's affection for Nokdu despite the sense of betrayal at the reveal has been both hilarious and somewhat heartwarming. I think Yeon Geun does feel a sense of responsibility for the Widow Village, seeing how he was actually quite brave to confront the thugs even though he was quite defenseless himself. And he is grateful to Nokdu for what he did for both the village and Yeon Geun personally. Adopting Yeon Geun as a member of the family by allowing him to use his cousin's name (who knows if this cousin is still alive or not) is quite a huge step to take too. He knows that Nokdu has a story and is not a vanilla character, yet he trusts him enough to allow his family name to be entangled with Nokdu's history now -- see how the king has started to ask after Yeon Geun's family. What if Nokdu was a fugitive with treasonous links (which to some degree, he is!) and your family is found to be harbouring one. 

I also loved the comedy of errors surrounding Nokdu and his father in this latest episode, right down to their taste of robes, considering Nokdu has just that one robe compared to the king's royal wardrobe. :lol: Just love how the confusion will continue to play, allowing all these ill-fated characters with misunderstandings heaped upon another to actually get to know each other before the big reveal. With Dongjoo having told the king at the swing that there was a misunderstanding and as the matter was one of love between a man and woman, and then the king having encountered Nokdu as a young man (dashing, no doubt) with a mission and personal ambition, then encountering them in a somewhat compromising state in that dark store... for sure he's going to put 2 and 2 together and come to a partially correct yet incorrect conclusion that the two of them were simply meeting in secret because... the dramatic ironies all interplaying with each other! 

Loving the writing so far, loving the characters. Loving how I am hating Yulmu too. He's the ultimate villain here, I swear. I just want to know how Minister Heo is going to also pay for all his manipulative schemes thus far and what he's going to give Gwanghae as his reason for snooping around here and there, secrets abounding. He's still bent on replacing Gwanghae and plans to pit father against son - that's just plain nasty. Will someone call him out for it soon please?

1 hour ago, valNK said:

Idk why lady Sook has to call her only to the grave? What makes she special to lady chun? How lady chun's death affect on her? No, there's nothing

Lady Chun is special in DJ life and vice versa. She rescued Dj when her family was massacred. Supposedly dj mother was good friends with lady chun. She in a sense became dj adoptive mother figure more than lady kim(nokdu). Dj at least twice shown in the drama helped out lady Chun from several predicaments such as protecting the little girl and preventing the pervert from cutting lady chun hair by offering up her hair & when lady chun was persistently refusing to let dj go to the pervert, dj said no and that she will go with the pervert. She didn’t want to cause problems for lady chun. At that scene dj expressed her gratitude for everything lady chun did for her. Lady Chun has a special fondness for Dong Joo as you can see her patience towards her gigaseng training and questioning lady Kim/nokdu motive in adopting her and was relieved to know that they will stay in in the women village which is close by to her. 

I really enjoyed this lastest episode!!! The fighting scenes and to know there were survivors from that cruel massacre. 

I'm happy ND & DJ reunited again and what a encounter :3 that tension there between them herherher

Btw I found this vid, how cute is our Nokdu-ya 

I just finished episode 8 and the politics seem more confusing than ever. So apparently Nokdu is NOT the king’s son? At least that was what Minister Heo was implying. I guess we still didn’t get the whole truth.

62-DEFF9-A-BFEB-4670-A08-C-8-EB67-AB5-A8

I was quite surprised we got to see the other side of the king. I thoroughly enjoyed his interaction with Nokdu, but he seems to be suspicious of Nokdu after he checked Nokdu’s supposed background. I’m also curious why he went to that particular swing that means so much to DJ.

D5836-D56-0-CAE-4034-8162-85-E64912-F2-C

(The king has a great smile when he’s not being a psycho).

I loved it when Yool Moo turned out to be a more interesting character than a useless second lead. However, I’m not fond of what the writer is doing with him. I hate the clingy second lead and that’s exactly what he’s turning into. He had two lines in this episode and both of them were about killing Nokdu. 

Our poor Yeon Gun. I really feel bad for him. His scenes were both hilarious but also quite heartbreaking. I think he’s still in love even though he knows Nokdu is a man. I know he’s supposed to deliver funny moments but I do genuinely feel sad for him. But as they say... the heart wants what it wants.

582-E13-C9-9-B7-C-43-DD-91-A8-97-BB60702
(And honestly how could your heart not skip a beat at the sight of him?)

Ok, I'm in a love-hate relationship with this drama. I hate its character development as much as I love the characters.

Those scenes still catch my eyes... esp when he's topless :vicx: God, forgive my inconsistence

NEW STILL CUTS

0002819928_001_20191029131718420.jpg?typ

cre: Naver

Archived