[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shin Sung Rok Gets Hilariously Intense About Cooking On “Perfume”

by E. Cha
e8444079ecdd4ac2aede3a68d029f847.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s “Perfume” has shared a fun sneak peek of Shin Sung Rok from its upcoming episode!

On June 15, the fantasy romance drama unveiled new stills of Seo Yi Do (played by Shin Sung Rok) preparing to make himself useful in the kitchen. Because Min Ye Rin (played by Go Won Hee) is unable to cook, Seo Yi Do must become a chef for one day—but due to his many phobias, the task requires great courage and determination on his part.

In the newly released photos, Seo Yi Do has a fierce glint in his eyes as he steels himself for the mission at hand. Armed with a cap and latex gloves, he practically resembles a surgeon as he gets ready to cook his first meal.

The producers of “Perfume” praised Shin Sung Rok’s comedic acting, remarking, “Thanks to Shin Sung Rok’s unending stream of creative ad libs, we’ve reached a point where we’re facing an emergency situation because [everyone] on set is struggling to contain their laughter.”

They added, “We ask that you show a lot of interest in ‘Perfume,’ in which every scene is infused with the cast’s passionate acting and love for the drama.”

Shin-Sung-Rok-Go-Won-Hee.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1332252wpp/shin-sung-rok-gets-hilariously-intense-about-cooking-on-perfume

It's sunday! One more day to Perfume ep 9-10 :lol:

Here's the preview

I wonder how Jae Hee is gonna apply the perfume now her hands are in a cast.

------

Theory time!!!

1) from the flashback, I think Yi Do was once overweight or slightly on the bigger side

2) i think theres a possibility he fell in the water on purpose when he was a kid

3) i don't think they know each other directly. Only that explains why Jae Hee seems to not remember Yi Do at all. Maybe Yi Do only liked Jae Hee from a far. Or maybe the girl in the flashback and Jae hee are totally different people all together. Just doppelgangers with similar traits haha.

I’m all caught up. The first couple of episodes was quite all over the place but I really liked how things took off last week . Was surprised at how well matched the OTP were - Go Won Hee is able to hold her own against such a veteran like SSR . She  is perfect for this role - she’s able to give of that ahjumma vibe in spite being so young . 

So will she really die if the perfume is finished ? 

21 minutes ago, triplem said:

So will she really die if the perfume is finished ?

I don’t think so. I think she only said so because she was planning to end her life before coming across the perfume. So no more perfume means no more meaning in life. 

I really don’t know how it will end because I’m pretty sure eventually she will go back to her old self. So what will that make of the relationship developed with Edo? 

@triplem and @ktcjdrama I also don't think she'll die. She is assuming she will die but the label on the perfume bottle is torn. We need more perfume info.

I read an interesting Kviewer theory. Kviewer speculate the perfume and the bottle is a reinterpretation of Beauty and The Beast red rose. That's why there's a red marble thingy in the bottle. So when the perfume is finished, her time is up just like how the red rose in beauty and the beast works. The time limit is borrowed from Cinderella, when the clock strikes 12 midnight she changes to her original self but in this it is a 12 hour timeframe. So its a fairytale mashup. Hahahaha

I do think JaeHee will return to her original but healthier self at the end. I'm kinda curious how far they will take the relationship between Yi Do and Ye Rin. I like them together no doubt. Go Won Hee and Shin Sung Rok are killing it. But I can't support it fully when I'm pretty sure Ye Rin will dissapear. I don't want Yi Do to be heartbroken. My heart nearly broke when he had difficulty breathing, followed by his vioilin playing and his melancholic moments. Gahhhh

71nMnQ.gif

He's playing Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso Op. 28 

Go Won Hee Pushes Forward To Make Her Dreams Come True In “Perfume”

by S. Park
455f747034a14afe982cdb33cbb2a92f.jpeg?s=

Go Won Hee has been spotted with both of her arms in casts in the latest stills for “Perfume.”

The actress currently appears in the drama as a middle-aged woman who was given a second chance at life as a rising model after discovering a magic perfume. She accidentally spilled the bottle of perfume, which reduced the length of her ability to use the magic potion from a year to half a year.

Last week, she had her hands full tending to the needs of Seo Yi Do (played by Shin Sung Rok) as well as working hard to become a model. Min Ye Rin placed second in the pictorial assignment and got to shoot the look book for brand “E-do.”

In the stills, she’s receiving hardcore training from Seo Yi Do. She runs with a tire attached to her waist and has both of her arms in casts. Min Ye Rin collapses on the floor due to the intense training session and looks at Seo Yi Do with resentment.

Go-Won-Hee11.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1332434wpp/go-won-hee-pushes-forward-to-make-her-dreams-come-true-in-perfume

Ratings 190617:

SBS #TheSecretLifeofMySecretary: 3% | 3.8%

KBS #Perfume: 4.9% | 6.4%

MBC #PartnersForJustice2: 5.9% | 7.5%

tvN #Abyss: 2.2%

JTBC #TheWindBlows: 4.7%

cr: Netizendrama

hmm its 2nd now.. i hope the story get better

1 hour ago, bubu678 said:

Ratings 190617:

SBS #TheSecretLifeofMySecretary: 3% | 3.8%

KBS #Perfume: 4.9% | 6.4%

MBC #PartnersForJustice2: 5.9% | 7.5%

tvN #Abyss: 2.2%

JTBC #TheWindBlows: 4.7%

cr: Netizendrama

hmm its 2nd now.. i hope the story get better

I saw the slip in ratings too. I watched ep 9-10 clips on kbs drama YT, and it seems like a nice episode. The ending...swoon~ and that was without subs. I might swoon harder when I watch the episode with subs :lol:. And Yi Do being adorable is icing on the cake, so cute! Hahaha

I hope ratings will pick up. Ep 9 rating is lower than the premiere :(.

By the way...ep 11-12 preview made me want to smack Mayu :vicx:

I just finished ep 9-10 with subs.

Personal best moments:

- Jinkyung and Jaehee conversation. Loved it. So we now know that Jaehee does keep in touch with Jinkyung via phonecall. And Jinkyung is fine with her mum being away. If anything she wants to be supportive of her, she feels so guilty after treating her mum badly.

- Jaehee's confession. I haven't seen enough romcoms to compare confessions. But Jaehee's confession was amazingly direct albeit she was drunk.

- the meteor anology. The short scene at observatory in Perfume was better than the whole You Who Came From The Stars drama. Hahahaha

- Yi Do and Jaehee eating dinner. The looks on their faces. His smile. The 'it's delocious'. The music....feelllssss~ 

- Jaehee talking about her suicide attempt. I'm relieved that it is still part of the narrative. She was once super depressed and wanted to end it all. It was nice seeing her come around and talked about it. Now it seems she is happy enough to move forward even if she believes she has a limited time frame.

That's all for now B).

As for ep 11-12:

If Minsuk is using Yerin to coverup his scandal with Ji Na...I'm gonna flip!! Same goes if Mayu really gave Yi Do alcohol. Urghhhh.

I don't need unnecessary angst. Yi Do and Jae Hee have enough issues as is :(.

Damn,i was expecting Yi Do to throw water at Min Suk from his balcony in the last scene:joy:

I actually think that Jae Hee had continued to keep Yi Do Spartan Diet i think she would have lost a lot of weight even when she was Ye Rin,somehow as weird as it sounds i think it would have affected the real body..I'm yet again plesantly suprised that the characters are most of it sincere,like Min Suk telling Ye Rin all about his past relationship and pictures...That Mayu is such a oportunist and Yi Do really knew she was a fox,i'm quite sure this stuff also happenes in real like in k-industry(trying to say that even if many are jerks saying the woman was the victim by default is tendious,there are planty of foxes out there)

Woah..ep 11 rating is even lower than ep 9. But ep 12 is higher than ep 10. 

Perfume is the only drama I'm currently watching and I like it. I don't find the ratings surprising though evenmore since there's a surplus of romcoms on air.

At this point, I think the ratings will maintain within this range. Hopefully it doesn't get lower than that and increase. Don't be disheartened cast and crew! Fighting!!

Archived