[Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸

larus

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shin Sung Rok Shares Excitement About Starring In First Romantic Comedy

by U. Kim
31fbf5f655984eda9cdf5ec5c16d2b79.jpeg?s=

Shin Sung Rok is determined to make himself known as an expert in romantic comedies!

The actor will be be starring in KBS 2TV’s “Perfume” as the male lead, and this will be his first time acting in a romantic comedy. The drama tells the story of genius designer Seo Yi Do (Shin Sung Rok) who has fallen into a creative slump and suspicious model Min Ye Rin (Go Won Hee) who comes back from hell.

At a press conference for the drama, Shin Sung Rok expressed, “I’m thinking, ‘I’ve finally gotten the chance to show myself in a romantic comedy.’ [The opportunity] is finally here.”

He elaborated on his words, saying, “Of course, I do feel burdened about this being my first lead role [in a romantic comedy]. Now that the premiere date is nearing, I’m getting nervous. But I chose this project because I felt confident about it. I had a lot of fun reading the script, so I think the viewers will enjoy watching the drama. I’m so fully synchronized with the character that it makes me think that I should have taken on this kind of role sooner.”

He also shared that he’s the one who lightens up the mood on set by walking around and chatting with the cast and staff.

Co-star Cha Ye Ryun agreed that Shin Sung Rok plays a central role in the drama as well as on set. She explained, “He has a lot of screen time in the drama, so he has a lot to do. He’s a very important person who takes on various roles on set.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1329493wpp/shin-sung-rok-shares-excitement-about-starring-in-first-romantic-comedy

Go Won Hee And Shin Sung Rok Share Ratings Promises For New Drama “Perfume”

by J. Lim
988e13fdae9e4eb8866b82e89ca5a0e5.jpeg?s=

Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee have shared a special promise for their upcoming drama!

The two actors appeared on KBS Cool FM’s “Lee Soo Ji’s Music Plaza” on June 3 to promote their upcoming drama, KBS’s new Monday-Tuesday series “Perfume.”

Lee Soo Ji asked who was the person who brings the most energy to the set, and Shin Sung Rok replied, “It’s me. I have so much that I do. I don’t try to purposefully be funny or make people laugh, it just naturally comes to me. The content of our drama is quite funny too, so a lot of time, I struggle to act because I’m laughing so much.”

When asked if they’ve thought about ratings promises, Shin Sung Rok said, “If our drama surpasses 15 percent in viewership ratings, we’ll do a free hug event and spray a nice-smelling perfume at the venue.” Go Won Hee agreed to the suggestion and added, “I often dance in the drama, and [if we surpass 15 percent,] I’ll dance with Shin Sung Rok.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1329477wpp/go-won-hee-and-shin-sung-rok-share-ratings-promises-for-new-drama-perfume

6 minutes ago, Khinqian said:

I can’t seem to watch live. Anyone care to share a recap? 

I can't watch live too. But raw is available at some sites.

Anyways~~~ i hope this is true..i read on DC gallery the real time rating is around 10%. But there might be a 3-4% difference. So maybe the 1st ep rating is around 6-7% :D

https://m.dcinside.com/board/dramaperfume/196

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I can't watch live too. But raw is available at some sites.

Anyways~~~ i hope this is true..i read on DC gallery the real time rating is around 10%. But there might be a 3-4% difference. So maybe the 1st ep rating is around 6-7% :D

https://m.dcinside.com/board/dramaperfume/196

I will check the raw file :wub: Hope rating in Korea is good 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Perfume 퍼퓸 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

@Netizendrama

Ratings190603:

SBS #TheSecretLifeofMySecretary: 3.1% | 3.7% 
KBS #Perfume: 5% | 6.4%
MBC #PartnersForJustice2: 3.7% | 5.7%

tvN #Abyss: 2.7%
JTBC #TheWindBlows: 3%

“Perfume” And “Partners For Justice 2” Premieres Take Top Spots Among Monday-Tuesday Dramas

Jun 4, 2019
by R. Jun

June 3 welcomed two new dramas to the Monday-Tuesday lineup!

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere of KBS 2TV’s “Perfume,” starring Shin Sung Rokand Go Won Hee, led the field with 5.0 and 6.4 percent viewership for its first episodes.

Also premiering on Monday was MBC’s “Partners for Justice 2,” which features the return of season one cast members Jung Jae Young, Jung Yu Mi, and Oh Man Seok. It took second place with 3.7 and 5.7 percent viewership.

Meanwhile, SBS’s “The Secret Life of My Secretary” recorded 3.1 and 3.7 percent viewership, seeing a 0.7 point increase from the previous episode.

(Source: Soompi.com)

59 minutes ago, bubu678 said:

@Netizendrama

Ratings190603:

SBS #TheSecretLifeofMySecretary: 3.1% | 3.7% 
KBS #Perfume: 5% | 6.4%
MBC #PartnersForJustice2: 3.7% | 5.7%

tvN #Abyss: 2.7%
JTBC #TheWindBlows: 3%

“Perfume” And “Partners For Justice 2” Premieres Take Top Spots Among Monday-Tuesday Dramas

Jun 4, 2019
by R. Jun

June 3 welcomed two new dramas to the Monday-Tuesday lineup!

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere of KBS 2TV’s “Perfume,” starring Shin Sung Rokand Go Won Hee, led the field with 5.0 and 6.4 percent viewership for its first episodes.

Also premiering on Monday was MBC’s “Partners for Justice 2,” which features the return of season one cast members Jung Jae Young, Jung Yu Mi, and Oh Man Seok. It took second place with 3.7 and 5.7 percent viewership.

Meanwhile, SBS’s “The Secret Life of My Secretary” recorded 3.1 and 3.7 percent viewership, seeing a 0.7 point increase from the previous episode.

(Source: Soompi.com)

Glad that rating is success in Korea... I will watch eng sub when sub ready... :wub:

38 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

I am watching it right now

Heh! Share your thoughts please~

Anyways..congrats perfume cast and crew. Hopefully the ratings can sustain, hopefully increase for upcoming episodes~

Annyeong everyone!

Thanks @larus for creating this thread. This is the first time in ages, I post something in Soompi. This drama is a must watch for me because its Shin Sung Rok. And I have been noticing Go Won Hee since Strongest Deliveryman and like her in Your House Helper.

Will drop by here on and off from now. I wonder if any of my chingus are here........

18 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I loved this drama , to think to end it like this , is something funny :mrgreen:

# final surprise party useless husband :joy:

Welcome to the thread @Ameera Ali! I'm glad you enjoyed the episode. Do drop by often~ hahha

3 hours ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone!

Thanks @larus for creating this thread. This is the first time in ages, I post something in Soompi. This drama is a must watch for me because its Shin Sung Rok. And I have been noticing Go Won Hee since Strongest Deliveryman and like her in Your House Helper.

Will drop by here on and off from now. I wonder if any of my chingus are here........

Welcome to thread!! The more the merrier~ yay! I like GWH since Strongest Deliveryman too. In fact she and Kim Sun Ho were the reason I stayed. Have you watched Perfume ep 1?

loving this so far all three characters

Seo Yi Do and both versions of Jae Hee

Edit: confused now. I read that there is Jae Hee and Ye Rin? I thought they were the same person? or? or she's actually actually the fashion model that died but is alive or is it Jae Hee with just the fashion model's body ?

35 minutes ago, sandjh said:

loving this so far all three characters

Seo Yi Do and both versions of Jae Hee

Edit: confused now. I read that there is Jae Hee and Ye Rin? I thought they were the same person? or? or she's actually actually the fashion model that died but is alive or is it Jae Hee with just the fashion model's body ?

Currently I think Go Won Hee is the younger version of Ha Jae Suk (she ripped. Maybe she'll go with the name Ye Rin. But there might be more than 1 version of Go Won Hee. I believe more will be revealed today. 

Shin Sung Rok IG update!! He looks good~~

KBS IG update! Today's stills. SSR look good here too :tounge_wink:

@katakwasabi  and hi, guys! So I ran over here, soon as I finished watching ep 1. I like it. It's quirky and crazy and bizarre, loved SSR and his over-the-top antics, no one but him could pull off those crazy faces, and get away with it. Never watched ths lead actress before, but she's pretty, and some of her scenes are pretty touching. So many laugh out loud moments: begone, you devil!  Lolol and the scene the mistress cracks up over the scroll,:D:D We die today

So I'm thinking

1. He's met her before...something happened, an accident? A near- drowning experience that scarred him forever? But if it was 17 years ago, she'd be about his age now, so I'm thinking maybe he had a crush on her, but she never knew about it.

2. So he'll know the real her, I'm guessing, and that it's the perfume that's making her beautiful. But, what happens after that? He'll fall for the beauty inside? 

Go Won Hee And Shin Sung Rok Don’t Think Getting Along Is An Option In “Perfume”

by S. Nam
84a10e9b681f4ee19b285ce27d248c5d.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Perfume” has released new stills of Shin Sung Rok and Go Won Hee!

The new drama tells the story of the neurotic yet brilliant fashion designer Seo Yi Do (Shin Sung Rok) who has fallen into a creative slump and the mysterious model Min Ye Rin (Go Won Hee) who comes back from hell. Already, “Perfume” has taken the top spot among Monday-Tuesday dramas.

Spoilers

Previously, Seo Yi Do watched Min Ye Rin jump in to the river while holding a live social media broadcast in hopes of getting a job. The action triggered a memory in his mind of a young boy falling into the water, which caused Seo Yi Do to have trouble breathing. Suffering, Seo Yi Do hurriedly offered Min Ye Rin a job while rescuing her from the water. Afterwards, he took Min Ye Rin to his house, which he had been left empty for a year, and threatened to fire her if she didn’t finish cleaning up the entire house before he came back from work. Min Ye Rin successfully and skillfully cleaned the place up and passed the suspicious internship.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1329745wpp/go-won-hee-and-shin-sung-rok-dont-think-getting-along-is-an-option-in-perfume

Archived