[Drama 2019] The Great Show, 위대한 쇼

lsbsg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Sun Bin And Im Joo Hwan Have A Heart-Fluttering Encounter At The Library In “The Great Show”

lee-sun-bin.jpg

im-joo-hwan.jpg

Upcoming tvN drama “The Great Show” has released stills of Lee Sun Bin and Im Joo Hwan!

“The Great Show” is a new drama starring Song Seung Heon as Wi Dae Han, a former General Assembly member who hopes to get back into office. In order to appear more relatable to voters, Wi Dae Han decides to take in four troublemaker siblings (played by Noh Jung Ui, Jung Joon Won, Kim Jun, and Park Ye Na).

Lee Sun Bin will play Jung Soo Hyun, Wi Dae Han’s junior during university and the main writer of a TV program, while Im Joo Hwan will take the role of conservative lawyer Kang Jun Ho.

The stills released on August 24 attract attention as they contain a heart-fluttering meeting between Jung Soo Hyun and Kang Jun Ho.

While Kang Jun Ho has his gaze intently fixed on her, Jung Soo Hyun looks surprised by his affectionate interest. Their fateful encounter is already heightening the anticipation for the future direction of their relationship.

The production crew stated, ” The romance between Song Seung Heon, Lee Sun Bin, and Im Joo Hwan is also another enjoyable point along with Song Seung Heon’s family cosplay with the four siblings. Please look forward to the romance that the rivals of 21 years, Song Seung Heon and Im Joo Hwan, will have with the ‘girl crush’ Lee Sun Bin.”

“The Great Show” premieres on August 26 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1347885wpp/lee-sun-bin-and-im-joo-hwan-have-a-heart-fluttering-encounter-at-the-library-in-the-great-show?fbclid=IwAR3ujLCluWoBmsJZRdCg-6A4gzTdtWW7mogZOnKNGQZ8j0jTflOnx2FWHqg

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] The Great Show, 위대한 쇼 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

@lu09 You can say that again!  After a serious political drama comes a light political drama. Oh and well written too.

I can tell from 30 mins of an episode if I'm going to like it or not. Well verdicts out.

Me at the beginning the middle and end of Ep 1--> :):D:lol::lol::love::thumbsup:

Damn.. that ending scene. I was like oh no!!! I was laughing already during the cell phone convo  anticipating and when Da Jung ( Roh Jeung Eui..  the young actress from Kill It) showed up and  saw Wie Dae Han expression I burst out laughing.  I was entertained by this drama. And it's only Ep 1.

DH lost the election due to him getting that "reprobate son" contronversy. He was actually leading all the way up to a week  before the election his estranged father died. However but a video went viral. During one of his campaign sorties the estrange father was amongst the crowed and called him out. He noticed him shouting but he ignored  him ans the crestfallen look of the father was captured making DH look so bad.  I guess in that instance he forgot he was candidate and putting up a show for the voters. His genuine feelings was probably to ignore. After all he was 8 years when  he chose to live with his mother instead of choosing to be with his father. His father cheated on his mother. Had an affair.  Father then chose to be with the other woman. Since then he lost contact with father for 30 years and did not even visit his mother's funeral.

His rival candiate Kang Kyung Hoon was  already a politcian even before. Flashback showed when he was young ( Lee Do Hyun played the teen DH.. first time wacting him )They're getting evicted from their resturant business in their district. He begged.  He was told he'll look into it.  DH knew KKH wasa scumbag politcian from then on made his choice.

But....  DH lost the electionn. Lost a seat a assemblyman. KKH won.

The 'reprobate son" tranished his image. Voters saw something like an ingrate son. 3 years after back to present time. He's now earning money being designated driver. He still reminds locals who he is terying to rebuild image. Trying to think of ways to get on voters again. And wow... like an answered prayer, the daughter he doesn't know suddenly showed... mind you  with a plan of her own. DJ set up elaborate plan to get DH attention in guise of asking for helo to look for her missing brother. On that day  Jung Soo Hyun ( Lee Sun Bin's character) saw  DH and bumped into him  so they ended uyp talking. They are college roomates.. and her first love. She's segment writer for tv news. So they both started to look for the DJ missing lil bro. Heck it's he wasn't really missing. But gave chance for DJ and DH to communicate and she told him abput how she never knew who her father was and that her  mom remarried to another man and that her mother died. DH..well genuinely cared and listened and like a good politician whished  for her  to see his father and have that great reunion ( and light bulb in his head.. thinking.. if he can reunite father and daughter.. it will boost his image! Well Boo yeah! jokes on you Sir! 

You know how politicians pretends to like children and babies but in reality they hate it.. they hate kids and tantrums and all that...omg.. that's how DH is. So now with the end scene. It's gonna be fun to see how he deals with  four children. Two teens and two young ones.. Hey.. remember image rebuilding. Voters love family guy!

Oh and  I like  how he narrates what he could have had as an assembly man. I mean, I was nooding my head because it's so true. They give all preference iof your politician.  Big office,  secrtaries, salary, allowance, car, no lines and no immigration to go through. Yeah the perks. But.... he lost so he's struggling.. and rebuilding. But he's sany as ever.  You got my vote DH. You gotta win Assemblyman next election. :thumbsup::lol:

So yeah after that teeny recap. I'm looking forward to Ep 2. I like the writing the writing for this drama. Very good. This maybe political comedy but it becomes good when it's well written.  So thumbs up to that.

I laugh much at his scenes which means... he's funny. The way he threw a tantrum inside the car. When he did the  mourning march  three steps at a time. Like he was planking face on on th ground. All for the show and  upping his votes. Hahaaa. :lol:

But wait. I did feel his genuineness at the end of the march... going to where his father was... but he passed out. Then I laugh  again.

The scene I was laughing.  The ideas popping in his mind. Something that will work out and restore his image. Thinking about reuniting a father and daughter  getting coverage and becoming good again in voters eyes. Instead he got long daugher showing up with 3 siblings from different parents.  If you watch the ep, you know he's " allergic" to kids. But gotta have that family friendly politician image to persuade voters. Yout got your wish DH Work it.:lol:

Flashback of young  Dae Han and  Hyun Soo. Oh I'm Liking Lee Do Hyun ( guess I better check HDL?)

So DH isn't the biological dad. We might see a custody battle in the future that will endanger his election chances when he has to choose playing a villain that is stealing other people's kids or abandoning them to protect himself.

@jongski I finally watched both eps and it's hilarious lol. Indeed, he is allergic to kids :mrgreen:.

One of the funniest moment in the first ep is how he chose which parent he stays with after the divorce lol :mrgreen:. Not to mention, he did the same with the kids in the second episode ROFL:sweat_smile::joy::mrgreen:

And the way he throw that tantrum in the car at his dad's funeral lol:mrgreen:. I hope BJ helps him run for the election this time again. I feel sorry for the dude but he is the only one who can deal with him:sweatingbullets:.

@zoks I was surprised that the test came back negative. But yeah, considering the fact that he is not the real father of the kids, he is gonna have some custody battle ahead. The stepfather is nowhere to be found and has some gambling problems along with the debt that he left behind. Not to mention, he is a former detective. I have a feeling this entire problem is gonna happen the moment he is close to winning like what happened with his father's suicide.

By the way, it was not mentioned if the mother's hit and run driver was caught. Do you Chingus think that the accident was intentional or not? We also don't know why the mother lied to her daughter about her bio father. We have a long way to go....

5 hours ago, zoks said:

So DH isn't the biological dad. We might see a custody battle in the future that will endanger his election chances when he has to choose playing a villain that is stealing other people's kids or abandoning them to protect himself.

Yeah I had an inkling already when Da Jung first appeared on the scene. She said it's gona be hectic day and be prepared.  Like she she conning him..well she did.. pretending that lil bro was missing. Yeah. custody battle migh tarnish image again.

credit as tag

@lu09 you know when elections getting near the more the opposing candidate gets all the  negative raps on his opponent. So all the secrets will come out.  DH doesn't have the machinery behind him unlike KKH but... the gist of the story (being political comedy human draman) is how he will handle the situation 4 kids in tow. How he can make this to his advantage.  A politician with a heart for children always wins voters votes.

SH plays games  after work..is like IRL :D 

Viki subbing this. Thanks.

btw, when you search fo the show, half the time it's Lee Do Hyun coming. He plays the young Wie Dae Han. :)

Done with Ep 2.  " The gravity of a Decision"

Once again I like the quality writing for this drama.  It reminds of Five Children/Five Enough drama.

At the end of the episode,  you'll realise why  people hate politicians and see them as nothing but phony.  I wish what Dae Han was doing was out of genuine concern. Out of sincerity. But once again, he had a light bulb moment ( just like when he did the mourning march). To lose that reprobate son image he needs to put on a "great show".  So In that way the children  to him was like "winning a  lottery".  Knowing that Kang Kyung Hoon son- Joo Hoo will likely run  for the seat of his father,  Dae Ha doesn't want to lose to Joo Hoo, he wants to win the next election. The children are the tools.

cr: Fia1700

EDDn8BrWwAE5wGi.jpg

To be fair to Dae Han, he doesn't have the money, doesn't have that white collar job,  supporting kids will be hard. Plus he's not fond of children and he admist to it. It suffocates him, he's not used to  having his singlehood being disturbed by 2 kids and 2 teenagers. . Being family oriented, using children for photo ops,  his image will get that image boost he needs. But Da Jung is smart one. She probably knows it's all for the show, but she'll go along  if it means protecting her siblings from thugs.

With the paternity test showing DH is not the biolgical father, Dae Han and his friend/adviser/secretary Bong Joo theorise why Da Jung would lie . It could be the father is someone she cannot reveal.

Kang Joo Hoo character feels vague  for now. I feel he'a a good man. A good son. But he can disagee with his father. Like how he defended  Dae Han from the negative press during the election. They were classmates and  in the flashback, Joo Hoo was downcas learning seeing that Dae Han was top 1 in their class while the other one was  happy and  kind of gloating about it.  Joo Hoofrom the car ride scene that his father always put politics first befor family, and I see the resentment feeling. Kyung Hoo is oushing his son to run for his seat. He doesn't want to but.. bumping  into Dae Han and then their confrontation.. triyng to best or out do  each other. It probably triggered  him to say, he can beat Dae Han.

Soo Hyun will play the all important woman for both Dae Han and Joo Hoo. But it's not even question who will she side with or choose. Her first love is Dae Han.. I always confuse Lee Sun Bin and Nana bcause they look similar and has same character rolses sometimes.

I like the episode. The first few scenes had me laughing. But then it got serious. I like the pacing. I like Roh Jeung Eui acting she's good. Watch out for this girl.  She was the  young girl in Kill It that JKY will do anything to protect . In this, she plays again teen  SSH character Dae Han will protect.. after realizing  who the father is? 

Waiting for episode 3-4 next week. From the preview looks like  Dae Han  starting to make his move to restore his image.. using the children. You know at some point in this drama,  that will backfire. Da Jung like I said is smart one.

cr: aallin

EDA3mpOVAAAuDHY.jpg

EDA3mHBVUAUvi7l.jpg

So yeah...Using the children the sway voters. Pffft. Lets hope it doesn't back fire.

Voters love it when  a politician becomes in good terms with children. Holding babies doing family stuff.

That's true in real life. :D The nex assemblyman, Wie Dae Han.

Let the battle begin for millenial politician.  :D

Hi everyone! I’m new to this thread, so far I’m loving the first two episode and I will continue to watch the character development of the main characters. I’m sucker for children story family drama because I came from big family and I’m working in a nursery so children interest me so much. 

I love the fact that he is not the birth father and he is willing to be their dad even if he has an ulterior motive because of politics and I can’t wait how he will really fall in love with the children and treat them as his own. I love as well  Soo-hyun she has heart with the abandoned children I feel that here back story is related to abandonment as well that why she empathize with the children. I also love the fact that Dae Han was her first love, I hope this time they will really fall for each other and support the children. Anyway actor LJH is the second lead again.... but he is great portraying his character. KJH genuinely like SH so let’s us see how he will play his character. 

Episode 3: "The Price of a Family"

When it's more family drama with political implications.  I like this drama. I enjoyed the episode. I like the writing.

sc cr: kdramaunnie_

EDhoj2oVAAEDKn_.jpg

EDhoj2nUYAArKL2.jpg

EDhoj2oUYAA7fKi.jpg

Dae Han decides to be the legal guardian for the children. He's really n biologicial father of  Da Jung. It's going to be ugly with latter episodes, I can already see the predicament he's going to face.  He better redeem himself to the children.

I said previously, Dae Han had that light bulb moment again.  He's going to use the children to clean up his image be rosy again to voters.  It's not out of concern for the the children as it is more for himself. Once  the voters warms up to him and he got desired numbers in the polls,  and if the real father shows up, without batting an eyelash he said  it's even better, he will hand them the kids. 

In politics you either have to lie  to get by or be true to yourself and take the risk. In Dae Han's case,  he has to lie and take the risk. The reason for Dae Han to take tin 4  children will be his downfall or his rise up. It all depends on how the he is portrayed by the media or how voters view him.  Dae Han told his friend. he's "going to milk the media" in other words to exploit the situation  for his own benefit using the children. But Bong Joo ( his friend and aide) warned him already  it will be weird rathern than heartwarming but Dae Han is adamant to lose the reprobate son image.  Bong Joo questioned him  why he must go this far.  It's his pride. His pride was shot. Kang Joon Ho  told Dae Han he can do better in politics and beat him. So with that, he decided he'll do anything to gain voters trust and win the next election and beat Joon Ho (they've been rivals since high school). DaeHan not wanting to appear like a- down on his designated driver after losing election- wanted to prove to  Joon Ho that it will not happen. He doesn't want Joon Ho to get a seat in the assembley. 

But little did Dae Han know.  Joon Ho doesn't want to run for office, enter politics. He quuestioned his father if it's true  Da Han mom's store was kicked out. The father said people lie to get what they want and that  many in politics are like that ( Hello Dae Han!?) they spread likes and make them up as truth. He told his father the reason why he doesn't want to run is because "politics ruins people".

Joon Ho character  feels like there's resent for poltics  and to the father.  During that flashck in Ep 1 when Dae Han beat him to be top one in their class, he looks sad. He even questions his father why he's never around and alway put politics first.  I'm going to assume he did not have good emotional support from the father when he was growing up. I also think he knows that his father has done some wrong things  for the sake of career and politcs. The father doesn't even  seem care about his mother too.  But you know when you're in the political lime light one must present (or pretend) an ideal family.

But Da Jung is smart. I knew  she'd find outwhy he changed his mind and why  they were taken in.  I'm confused however. Paternity showed Dae Han is not the biological father but she was talking to this guy  (Hyuk) on the phone ( not sure what's the relationship though) she told him she wanted to see her biological father but found out he's not well off even took her siblings and realize it was shock to him (Dae Han). So, she's sure Dae Han is the father? because that's what the mom told her or.. it could be someone else, she doesn't really know and the mom could have lied.

So  Dae Han already knows that she knows by  he took them him, Da Jung wanted a contract. A written contratc that has father and daughter relationship and that he and siblings will be with him until she graduates becomes independent.  That Da Jung will not do anything as to disgrace Wi Dae Han and will also appear on tv with him when necessary. They also agreed  not to leak information to third party but Da Jung wanted an exception if duties are not fulfiilled. She will blabber to everyone that it's all just for one big show. And you know how media are, once they're fed lies. Hah.

And so begins the journey of reparing  reprobate image. Articles appeared Wie Dae Han has become father of four, interviews,  being seen at stores with the children. Some are scoffing it off as just a show ( they caught on too fast) but others are seeing him in different light. There are interviews for him and he's ranked hight in the searh engine. And the last scene,  Tae Poong the little cute boy,  playing with rc , crossing the street  but there's a truck of doom and Dae Han saw him, and run to save the boy.

And yes,we can probably guess, he'll be hero. Preview to the episode  he's being called "National Dad"

I'm just confused  who is the real father of Da Jung.  Looking forward to episode 4 sub.

He was an assemblyman before, right? Maybe the real father is the current assemblyman. You know, the old guy. Da Jung might have just told her that her bio dad is the assemblyman from that area and she got confused by which one.

Archived