[OFFICIAL] ♥Lee Dong Wook♥ Yoo In Na ♥ Pichi Couple/Ointment Couple

Yoo In Na

Spoiler

How does B&C keep hitting it out of the park every episode? It's outright criminal that ratings aren't in the 10% range (pun intended lol).

So everybody talks about the bromance with K, and I like it too, but I don’t see anybody talking about bromance with Jae-seon. It’s dang underrated if you ask me! When they were having lunch with the little girl, how hilarious was this interaction? The little fist pound lol. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110a2a2b9ce3e402397f

Spoiler
Also when Jae-seon elbows Hui Gyeom to get back together with SY and how protective he was of her in the meeting at the end haha.

I love that despite the pacing, there are still little details like this that reveal a lot about the characters. He loves his hyung and he ships hyung with the colleague ex aww 

I also like that they are showing SY’s journey in slowly reconciling with his deep sense of morality and justice. It would make no sense if SY suddenly shifted into this full-blown vigilante after a single event. I also don’t get the complaints that SY is greedy — there are countless kdramas out there following the same old recipe of “handsome, righteous man going out of his way to fight injustice“. Do we seriously think the police force is full of guys like Oh Kyeong-tae? Isn’t a story of a jaded man turning “good" way more interesting? A Macbeth, but in reverse?

Lastly, just going to leave these here... 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611109a3eab90ceb93035giphy.gif?cid=790b7611d2bdf406d0ce34669c

(Oh what the heck, let's do one more...) 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f622f990a5f2204f66

Edited by Emily Bett
Please keep all conversations in relation to the ship. Any drama discussions should remain on the respective drama threads please. Thank you!
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Spoiler

@dramachaserxoxoI’m with you! I love SY with Jae Seon too, they are such a good tag team and JS is loyal to SY, despite knowing SY’s failings. 

Yes one of the best things that BC has going for it is the pacing and realistic plot and character development. And thank goodness there is coherence. Nothing makes me drop a drama faster than an incoherent plot and haphazard writing/ directing.

Aside from gasping at Wookie’s beauty in that beautiful Sandro brown suit, I immediately saw the parallel to TYH’s lettuce stuffing part! Thanks for the gifs, so much nicer when we can compare the scenes side by side hehe. We know Wookie improvises scenes a lot on set and is brimming with ideas so why not throw in a little reference to TYH right. 

The 5 second scene of him in black framed glasses seems sus to me. We have so far not seen him in glasses again since those 5 seconds. Reminds me of the time in TOTNT when he found an ingenious way to slip in mention of Amazing Saturday because he promised them he would. The little metal detail at the top corners of Pichi’s black frames are so similar too. Except the gold bit on Wookie’s frames is placed horizontally while YIN’s is placed vertically. Yes I zoomed in very carefully lol. 

I’m waiting for Wookie to show up in a green bath robe/dressing gown in B&C next hehe. 

Edited by Emily Bett
Please keep all conversations in relation to the ship. Any drama discussions should remain on the respective drama threads please. Thank you!
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

So today was the press call for Wookie’s Happy New Year movie. Never mind that he seemed more interested in another couple’s romance lol but check out what he said which I circled below. Why does this remind me of Kang Ha Neul and YIN’s audio book using only their voices in funding together? And how they did a mini “romance” story of meeting at the bookstore and going on a picnic? Sus much hehe. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

21 hours ago, dramachaserxoxo said:
I also like that they are showing SY’s journey in slowly reconciling with his deep sense of morality and justice. It would make no sense if SY suddenly shifted into this full-blown vigilante after a single event. I also don’t get the complaints that SY is greedy — there are countless kdramas out there following the same old recipe of “handsome, righteous man going out of his way to fight injustice“. Do we seriously think the police force is full of guys like Oh Kyeong-tae? Isn’t a story of a jaded man turning “good" way more interesting? A Macbeth, but in reverse?

Lastly, just going to leave these here... 

18 hours ago, Almondcroissant said:

Aside from gasping at Wookie’s beauty in that beautiful Sandro brown suit, I immediately saw the parallel to TYH’s lettuce stuffing part! Thanks for the gifs, so much nicer when we can compare the scenes side by side hehe. We know Wookie improvises scenes a lot on set and is brimming with ideas so why not throw in a little reference to TYH right. 

I just saw the 4 ep. B&C, and I must agree with you, Lee Dong Wook's perfomance impresses me, he is doing it soo well! 

There are always parts of his personality that you can recognize in his work and that's also related to his sincerity and courage to show it,very similar to Yoinna. Both are so creative and can manage it!

It is a very particular way to interpret the characters and make their performance something different and special. Maybe it's not what some people usually expect or interpret for a good perfomance.

I believe that this free spirit + responsibility and genuine relationship with  themselves and their work makes them really unique,that's why it's almost impossible for some of us not to see them as the good & special couple they really are. Acting is also an Art, I like that.

:winkx:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Anyone feel odd about the way JSH brought up how LDW supported him after JSH felt sad in Yoo Quiz? He brought it up out of the blue, saying “I, too, have dated”. He could have just said I have dated, no? They weren't even talking about dating just before this, but rather their friendship. The editor also put in Goblin’s Stay With Me just as JSH started saying this. But oddly, there was no soundtrack when LDW told the story of JSH calling him while upset and crying... Don’t variety shows usually play this song when they introduce LDW (almost as if it’s his personal theme song lol)? 

Anyway, the timing of JSH saying “I too have dated / have had a gf” just as the Goblin song started playing made me raise an eyebrow. But, like always, I could be reading too much into this lol. It’s this part below. Looking forward to good English subs coming out so I could overly analyze this lol
giphy.gif?cid=790b76110f801747f473a532b3

Also, how similar is the beginning of Goblin's Stay With Me to Chainsmoker’s Don’t Let Me Down?? I hadn’t listened to Chainsmokers in years and this song came on randomly through shuffle and scared the heck out of me. I was sweating, “how does the music service know about my shipping ?!!?!!” :skull:

10 hours ago, Almondcroissant said:

So today was the press call for Wookie’s Happy New Year movie. Never mind that he seemed more interested in another couple’s romance lol but check out what he said which I circled below. Why does this remind me of Kang Ha Neul and YIN’s audio book using only their voices in funding together? And how they did a mini “romance” story of meeting at the bookstore and going on a picnic? Sus much hehe. 

Amazing eye @Almondcroissant very sus!!! The phone-based romance was the MOST memorable? :rubchin: Besides funding together, it also reminds me of all the advice YIN gave on calling your bf/gf in her TVN anniversary video heh heh

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

@dramachaserxoxogood catch! A slip up by JSH or maybe intentional hehe? You can also see Wookie’s body language change, a bit cautious or something? But really there is no need to get all wary, it’s perfectly normal to be dating, heck married even, at this age. Song choice is also sus like you say. I’m beginning to get tired of this soundtrack that inevitably plays when Wookie is introduced lol. Wonder if GY gets this a lot too.

My take is that JSH chose this song on purpose. Show hosts often do the editing for their shows themselves because they know the whole flow and which are the best parts. We saw that in Hometown Cha3 where 2nd ML was a program host and he was involved in all the editing. I’m not surprised if JSH wanted to subtly tease Wookie by choosing Stay with Me lol. It’s like an if you know, you know, kind of thing. 

And going back to KHN and the voice thing, it’s odd that Wookie singled out KHN’s performance (out of 14 actors) and praised him. “The overall performance of KHN felt great and I was most impressed”. Maybe he wants to show KHN his appreciation for helping YIN out with her audiobook. And there’s nothing like public praise and acknowledgment. That’s my shipper take on it hehe. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@dramachaserxoxo

OMG! This is how I understood their mimic.

I only can see how uncomfortable LDW seems to be, his body movement and a subtly uncomfortable deep breath. What was that? 

I couldn't find any video with eng sub, and I really hope Yin &Ldw even they surely find many problems on their journey and everything seems impossible, hold on to their love and come out successful. They both are hiper sensitive persons and I have the feeling Ldw has a complex sensitivity that maybe can do it even more difficult. :cry:  :cutekitty:

21 minutes ago, Almondcroissant said:

good catch! A slip up by JSH or maybe intentional hehe? You can also see Wookie’s

Yes , you are right.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, Almondcroissant said:

And going back to KHN and the voice thing, it’s odd that Wookie singled out KHN’s performance (out of 14 actors) and praised him. “The overall performance of KHN felt great and I was most impressed”. Maybe he wants to show KHN his appreciation for helping YIN out with her audiobook. And there’s nothing like public praise and acknowledgment. That’s my shipper take on it hehe. 

Hahah yes maybe YIN praised KHN to him too! I will say when I watched that episode initially I was mad at this man for trying to flirt with YIN, even though I knew it was scripted lmao. I was like why did he have to sit so close to her when they called IU lol (If anyone has watched Inception, this callout kind of reminds me of Guillaume Canet's "message" on French TV to Leo lol)

38 minutes ago, Lunita said:

I couldn't find any video with eng sub, and I really hope Yin &Ldw even they surely find many problems on their journey and everything seems impossible, hold on to their love and come out successful. They both are hiper sensitive persons and I have the feeling Ldw has a complex sensitivity that maybe can do it even more difficult. :cry:  :cutekitty:

54 minutes ago, Almondcroissant said:

Yes it should be out soon I think @Almondcroissant mentioned that someone will be subbing this.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@dramachaserxoxoindeed Ha Neul did look quite besotted with YIN. I mean, which man wouldn’t right? Yes she’s only allowed to sit shoulder to shoulder with one man on a very small couch hehe. I remember some people on this thread were also low key shipping YIN with KHN after Funding Together aired! 

Yes some fans have said they will sub Youquiz but will take a bit of time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Spoiler

Just reed the nac. rating: Snowdrop 2,7 and B&C 3,1  

I think it will be higher later, and that rating is only from Korean people, if we count the international rating is for sure much higher!  it seems koreans are a bit conservative related special drama plot ... and unique actress/actors. (?) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1