Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower/ Nokdu Flower, 녹두꽃

Wait. They just started filming? Why do I think they've been filming for quite some time now :sweatingbullets:

Watch: Jo Jung Suk, Yoon Shi Yoon, And Han Ye Ri Excitedly Begin Filming For “Nokdu Flower”

Apr 15, 2019
by K. Lew

“Nokdu Flower” has given a glimpse into the drama’s first shoot!

The drama follows two half-brothers during the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, a protest where Eastern Religion leaders and peasants in Jeolla Province joined forces against the government and its push for Catholicism.

Jo Jung Suk shows stellar, intense acting as the gruff Baek Yi Kang, getting in physical fights and shooting daggers out of his eyes at everyone. He shares, “The first shoot for a drama is always full of tension and awkward. For ‘Nokdu Flower,’ the director, staff, and actors have great chemistry, and the atmosphere is great.

Jo-Jung-Suk-6.jpg

Yoon Shi Yoon is full of elegance and propriety as Baek Yi Hyun. He braves the cold winter with hand warmers and gloves, and he comments, “I feel this whenever I end a project and start a new one. It feels like everything’s been reset. I can’t remember how to memorize lines, express emotions, and move in front of the camera. It feels like I’m wearing traditional clothing and have gone through a time slip. I’m filming very comfortably.” He added, “I can feel the winter wind pretty directly, so it feels like I’m filming in basically a t-shirt. I’ve layered my clothing, but it is still pretty cold.”

Yoon-Shi-Yoon-1.jpg

Han Ye Ri exudes a vivacious personality as Song Ja In. She has fun with her co-stars, easily laughing when she makes mistakes and hanging around with them on set. She remarks, “Even though we’ve started the first shoot, it doesn’t really feel like it. It’s a bit awkward acting as Ja In right now, but I am going to work hard to become her.”

Han-Ye-Ri-1.jpg

“Nokdu Flower” will air its first episode on April 26.

• Like 1

Character posters for SBS sageuk Nokdu Flower

by tccolb

mungj.jpg

More promos have been released for SBS’ upcoming Nokdu Flower which include three new character posters featuring the leads, Jo Jung-seok (Two Cops), Yoon Shi-yoon (Your Honor), and Han Ye-ri (Switch).

The sageuk is set around the 1894 Donghak Rebellion, and centers around two half-brothers who find themselves in opposing factions.

For historical background, in the 1860’s, a religion called Donghak was formed in Korea which combined aspects of several different religions and philosphies, including Confucianism, Buddhism, Taoism, and shamanism. Most of the followers were commoners and slaves, as the aristocracy rejected the belief system. Donghak’s founder was arrested and killed in 1864, and the movement went underground until 1893. In the 1890s, rising frustrations from religious persecution, worsening economic conditions for the lower classes, and the presence of foreign nations (including Japan) in Korea all brewed into an atmosphere ripe for rebellion. Thus, the 1894 rebellion began.

In the first poster, we see older brother Baek Yi-kang (played by Jo Jung-seok) wearing peasant attire and staring intently into the camera. As an illegitimate son, he spent his life being treated as second class. People called him by pronouns like “him” or “you” instead of by his name. Despite the challenges in his life, he doesn’t let himself stay resigned to his circumstances and gradually rises up as a leader in the rebellion. The caption on his poster is written in the character’s Jeolla saturi, “If we really do this, that new world will come true, right?”

more  http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/character-posters-for-sbs-sageuk-nokdu-flower/

• Like 1

Yoon Shi Yoon Thanks Jo Jung Suk For His Acting Advice

7c358acbaa744b0093016a2b9384c6e0.jpeg?s=

Apr 15, 2019
by S. Cho

Yoon Shi Yoon shared a story about his co-star Jo Jung Suk before the premiere of their new drama “Nokdu Flower.”

SBS’s “Nokdu Flower” is a new Friday-Saturday drama that begins on April 26. It is about two half-brothers during the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, a protest where Eastern Religion leaders and peasants in Jeolla Province joined forces against the government and its push for Catholicism. This drama has garnered high expectations for its production, message, and more.

As the drama focuses on the two half-brothers Baek Yi Kang (Jo Jung Suk) and Baek Yi Hyun (Yoon Shi Yoon), their relationship is especially important. Yoon Shi Yoon is also gaining attention for expected transformation from his previous drama “Your Honor.”

He explained his reasoning for picking this drama, saying, “I originally have a lot of interest in the Joseon Dynasty. Since it is the closest era to modern day, its history seems ancient but is simultaneously much like us today. It is a story of the people. The voices of many people within that era are so charismatic. I wanted to participate in that.”

His character Baek Yi Hyun is someone who dreams of a better future instead of solely expressing frustration at the falling Joseon Dynasty. He is also the character that experiences the most dramatic transformation throughout the movement. That made his role that much harder, and Yoon Shi Yoon turned to Jo Jung Suk for frequent acting advice.

Regarding his character, Yoon Shi Yoon stated, “Baek Yi Hyun is an unusual character, who is aware of hardships and grows from them. Between the influences of the country and the Donghak Peasant Movement, he is a character who thinks of other methodologies, which drew me to him.”

He also spoke about why he was thankful to Jo Jung Suk, saying, “In the beginning, I thought a lot about how to portray my character’s transformation. That’s when Jo Jung Suk gave me some critical advice. He told me that a character who is initially very comfortable and free-spirited appears much stronger if the density builds throughout the story. It was an approach I hadn’t thought of, and it felt as if a problem I couldn’t solve finally had an answer.”

In the preview teasers and posters for “Nokdu Flower”, Yoon Shi Yoon has shown off a new and powerful image, allowing viewers to look forward to his passion, hard work, and dedication to his character.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1317744wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-thanks-jo-jung-suk-for-his-acting-advice

• Like 1

Teasers are impressive! Everything will be tragic and scary ... Some shots are scary, but it is not surprising. Sects are always frightening. And already in ancient times ...:blink:

I wait !!! Highly!!! Hopefully the subtitles will be released on time.

• Like 1

April 15 2019

Teaser trailer #3 & character posters for SBS drama series “Nokdu Flower”

Nokdu_Flower-cp1Sm11.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 & character posters for SBS drama series “Nokdu Flower” starring Cho Jung-Seok, Yoon Si-Yoon and Han Ye-Ri. The character posters are of Cho Jung-Seok as Baek Yi-Kang, Yoon Si-Yoon as Baek Yi-Hyun and Han Ye-Ri as Song Ja-In.

“Nokdu Flower” first airs April 26, 2019 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-character-posters-for-sbs-drama-series-nokdu-flower

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 2:49 PM, Friendly kitty said:

Teasers are impressive! Everything will be tragic and scary ... Some shots are scary, but it is not surprising. Sects are always frightening. And already in ancient times ...:blink:

I wait !!! Highly!!! Hopefully the subtitles will be released on time.

Yes. Drama I'm waiting to watch. The angst in this is strong. The combine with good acting skills of the JJS YSY.

Yoon Shi Yoon, Jo Jung Suk, And Han Ye Ri Look Towards A New World In Posters For “Nokdu Flower”

by Y. Shin
116a2129fbf14f659465fb44d0e91686.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming drama “Nokdu Flower” has shared new posters!

“Nokdu Flower” is about two half-brothers who get separated during a riot that is now known as the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, where religious leaders of Donghak (which translates to “Eastern Religion”) and the peasants of Jeolla Province joined forces together against the government that was pushing for the growth of Catholicism.

The first poster focuses on the main character of “Nokdu Flower,” a common citizen. Designed in black-and-white tones, the poster illuminates the fading distance, hinting at the state of the Joseon Dynasty in 1894. In the middle stands the figure of a man walking alone with a bamboo spear in his hand. Through his pose, the man showcases a firm will and determination towards the start of a new world. The phrase “A tribute to the great warriors of that day” is written in the center of the poster.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1318194wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-jo-jung-suk-and-han-ye-ri-look-towards-a-new-world-in-new-posters-for-nokdu-flower
  • Like 1

4th teaser

Spoiler

you tube

• Like 1

Nokdu Flower 5 more days to go. D-Day Teaser with Choi Won Young & Park Gyu Young :

• Like 1

Press con will be held on April 26, 2pm KST. Live streaming on SBS NOW yt channel.

J-_ftP7ocK_InHXhNIJRqLIuclBiS90lSDV52wZV

At least the half brothers are not liking the same lady based on this character chart. Yay!

• Like 1