Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower/ Nokdu Flower, 녹두꽃

9 hours ago, Dalhias_YSY said:

Is this true? Will it be aired on May? 

Some sources say that it will air on April 26, after drama The Fiery Priest, on Fridays and Saturdays. If it will air in May (a week later) is close enough. I will announce when we have an official date.

http://koalasplayground.com/2019/02/07/94851/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looks like casting is firming up.  Now all I need is news about start of filming/script reading. 

• Like 2

Choi Moo-sung, Byung-heon joins Jo Jung-seok in SBS sageuk

by tipsymocha

choimoosung-byungheon-mungbeanflower.jpg
Choi Moo-sung, Byung-heon

I feel like 2019 is going to be the year of the well-made sageuks, if all goes well. One of the most promising additions to the historical genre is SBS’s upcoming Mung Bean Flower, which has had a bit of an unfortunate name change from its previous title Ugeumchi. I’ve been keeping an eye out for this drama given the talent on and off screen, and there are two new additions to the cast that I’m tentatively excited about.

Joining Jo Jung-seok (Two Cops) and Yoon Shi-yoon (Your Honor) as half-brothers separated by a rebellion that pitted the landed elite against the poor peasants, are Choi Moo-sung (Mr. Sunshine) and Teen Top’s Byung-heon (A Pledge to God). Both actors will play characters on the peasant side of the Donghak Rebellion, which rocked the peninsula near the end of the 19th century.

Choi Moo-sung’s character is Jeon Bong-joon, one of the real-life leaders of the rebellion, who is considered something of a folk hero in Korea. The descendant of an aristocratic family which has long fallen from grace, at the beginning of Mung Bean Flower, Bong-joon is the owner of the local apothecary. He will transform into a revolutionary leader, especially after his fateful meeting with Jo Jung-seok’s half-slave, half-yangban character. Choi Moo-sung’s stint in Mr. Sunshine left me seriously wanting regarding his character’s dramatic potential as a freedom fighter, guerilla leader, so just imagining the actor take on a similar, and hopefully more meaty, role in this has me jumping up and down on my seat.

Byung-heon will be taking on a less historically significant role, as one of Jeon Bong-joon’s underlings, named Bungae, or literally ‘Lightning.’ Armed with nothing more than a slingshot on the battlefield, I hope he’s as quick as his name suggests, because I’m not betting on his odds in combat. While Bungae may have the face of a young child, he also harbors a deep-seated desire for revenge against Jo Jung-seok’s character, though we’re not told as to why.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/02/choi-moo-sung-byung-heon-joins-jo-jung-seok-in-sbs-sageuk/

• Like 4

Seo Jae-gyu, SBS 'Mung Bean Flower' casting ... Absolute villain transformation

PS19022200017.jpg

Seo Jae-gyu will appear on SBS new drama 'Mung Bean Flower'.

Seo Jae-gyu plays Lee Doo-hwan, the longevity officer of the Tonghak Peasant Revolution. It will give tension to the drama as a villain who takes the lead in the slashing of farmers' troops along with the Japanese troops during the Donghak Peasant Revolution.
http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01128326622393144&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 2

Informations on when the drama will air and how many episodes. :D Premieres on April 26th and will have 48 episodes (2 back to back episodes)

And filming of the drama has been spotted.

• Thanks 2

QYHuNXgklIfOsObsL_B6jwllQ6H5fcnba7a_6tgU

cr: screenshot from SBS Catch site.

There's a Q&A happening for MBF.  Questions can be submitted between 6-19Mar and the leads will answer the questions (I guess potentially they pull them out of a hat - depending on how many there are) in a video broadcast probably in April some time.

• Like 1

Jeongeup City will support the production of SBS new gilt drama 'Mung Bean Flower' in commemoration of the 125th anniversary of the Donghak Peasant Revolution.

182945_176926_1632.jpg

The city announced that the Donghak Peasant Revolution National Day anniversary celebrated the year of May 11, the day of Hwang Tae Hyun, and supports the production of the drama 'Mung Bean Flower' based on the revolution to spread the spirit of revolution nationwide.

http://www.sisamagazine.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=182945#09ne

• Like 2

2019 is the year of sageuk! Historical dramas in Korea are able to shoot. And what a great cast here !!!

Especially, Jo Jung Suk ...:love: Oh, he will play 200% and drama, and romance, if she is there. He can!

And Yoon Shi Yoon is good!

Wait-wait-wait!:w00t:

• Like 1