[Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower/ Nokdu Flower, 녹두꽃

larus

Looked at ep.21-22.
That's all the same, Yi Kang is so stupid! I am very angry with him that he did not break his brother’s hand with a stone. After all, he then correctly said that he saw in the eyes of Yi Hyun a plea for help. So why not destroy his demon? General Mung helped him deal with his personal demon, but he could not help his brother ....:crazy:
And now in the next episode irreparable can happen. Now the brother needs to go to the real meanness and kill the one who surrendered...
And all because of the stupid Yi Kang ...:tears:

Drama like it, yes! Not a second is not boring here. All the time you sit on pins and needles ...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a brief moment in today's episode YSY looked like Iljimae.  Too bad he didn't keep the look because he was so handsome with that look.  Okay, any look is good. But I liked the shoulder length hair. 

Jo Jung-suk x Yoon Shi-yoon x played by Han Ye-ri 'team work strings.' … 'mung bean flower' is blood.

기사입력2019.06.12. 오후 2:09

[The Sports Chosun the dot com a press spokeswoman Lee] Laughter flowed amidst the set 'mung bean flower'. 

Sbs geumto 'mung bean flower' (Jung Hyun Min and production play singyeongsu Kim Seung-ho) drama is 125 years ago, the grass roots, that shook the land of a Green in earnest to the Tonghak Uprising of a declamatory speech.A historical drama people.A strong story, strong bold production and scale, and message beyond the age of colorful mixed reviews, and it is shown in the message that cold shower. 

'mung bean flower' has recently introduced two started from.The first half to a localised area based on the grass roots only showed why she had not been able to stand up and make the stage of play from the second act, extending it to the turbulence of Joseon, and more.A big shock for.In particular, the Japanese army advanced on the Kyongbok Palace and 27 to 28 times to the ending made to the small screen a heavy a state of shock.Why is 'mung bean flower' a monumental work, how I'm going to uncompress prove a powerful story. 

A strong story and so each film scenes 'mung bean flower', but in premature heat to a gruesome hot rolling out a cordial enough to blow all the laughter.There doesn't. 

A picture released on June 12, were filmed 'mung bean flower' from place to place the acquisition with a bright smile of the actors in.A detached force up colon on the part of an old East West ran up the strapped him to be (Station final baegi), dochaebi with a fierce look in his eyes in the face of death and had fired a gun.Yoon Shi-yoon (station baegiyeon) inform the birth, independent woman character played by Han Ye-ri, such as (Song Ja In Station).'mung bean flower' the three main character's bright smile came to be helpful to good mood. 

Ara Park Hyuk Kwon, which shows mean the end of the play only (station baekka) showing the uncle, a heart-warming Kim Sang-ho sticky for duty and a good laugh, (station choedeokki).And Min Sung Wook (station choegyeongseon) and had been called the couple, shell casings and Yoon Shi-yoon ardent love pain, bakkyuyeong geolkeureosi and (station hwangmyeongsim) heroine No Haeng-ha thick, (Beodeul Station).Hwang Young Hee to add the pleasure of play with an accent (Chae Station) a sad death, the master bedroom.Byung Hun, who managed the theater (Station a lightning strike), strapped him in, and glutinous rice cake with partisans Ahn Gil-kang showing their breath (station haeseung) and Jung Kyu Soo, such as (station dongnokkae) appealing smile. 

'mung bean flower' actors are actually only met a big smile and eyes, cameras found that witty and delightful film scenes such as posing with a message.Thanks to all actors do my best and we take care of each other by working in unison with crew and staff to pay. 

" As soap operas is 'mung bean flower' associated with this crew is solve more powerful story, and to turn those curves.All the actors ' concentration and can also need more energy.'mung bean flower' actors have strong teamwork and passion, committed with caring to create better work.These actors ' efforts and teamwork are dissolved in the work think thank you.Viewers like it always has been in the past you with a warm heart 'mung bean flower' actors and crew support and affection I ask you, '' Gibbs said. 

On the other hand, sbs geumto the Tonghak Uprising of 1894 is 'mung bean flower' the drama of farmers separated into military and a punitive force. half brothers, who had to fight in the vortex of an eventful human story.The stronger the story 'mung bean flower' with the second act when broadcast and Saturday at 10 pm every week. 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003428130

It seems that Dramabeans doesn't recap Nokdu Flower anymore... :( Doesn't appear down in the "recaping" section.

It's a pity that such a good quality show will pass under the rug as if nothing... I can (?) understand since if it is by the number of comments, there are less than 10 per recap...

The show is absolutely breathtaking... every frame and every shot speaks to its quality. The cinematography is cinematic. My interest was piqued when I saw that JJS was among those cast but I knew I really had to watch it when I discovered that the PD for Tree with Deep Roots and Six Flying Dragons was helming it. Moreover, this is a recent history of Korea that is rather unfamiliar to me.

Right from the start we are confronted with the bleakness of Gobu. The often dull and largely colourless palette brings the abject poverty and despair that overwhelm its inhabitants. The rationale for the peasant uprising seems self-evident as the deep-seated corruption strangles the local populace. It's horrifying to see shots of the common folk lining up the streets dying of starvation because the greedy big fish are hogging the goodies for themselves. So many appalling things happening even in those 2 earliest episodes starting with the dissolute governor and then the big man of the town, Baek Ga who has no qualms using his illegitimate offspring Yi Gang as the local brute enforcer. The show is right to focus on the Baek clan and all its dysfunction as a so-called family. It is a microcosm of the deep social schisms of that society that go all the way to the throne itself. The two brothers are pitiful in their own way... both living under the shadow and cloud of their father's misdeeds and machinations. That said, some of the best parts so far is watching these two men act like brothers despite every kind of obstacle thrown in their way.

On hindsight Nokdu was right to want to take it further. It's not surprising that there are reprisals at the aftermath because the perpetrators of the original crime did not learn what it was that started the whole thing in the first place. It's horrifying but there's no doubting the drama and the pathos.

I suppose the drama is making the unequivocal statement that it doesn't really matter what a person's station is in this world, they're all victims in some shape or form. As long as they do their bit to maintain the status quo, they continue to be imprisoned in this vicious cycle of oppression and violence. It's obvious that reformation is needed. However, if it doesn't come from top down, the people at the bottom of will make their move and the results tend to be bloodier. It's a tragedy of human civilization that greed and self-centredness blinds people to their own long-term self-interest. 

There's something ominous in that short exchange between Nokdu and Yi Hyun about civilization and barbarism. Undoubtedly it is a harbinger of Yi Hyun's Heart of Darkness/Lord of the Flies moment when all the education in the world is subsumed by his internal savagery. 

The storytelling in this drama is absolutely first class and to top it off, we get an amazing OST... especially this track...

Hadn't heard of these guys (Forestella) before but after this I've become a fan. The vocal harmonies send shivers up one's spine. It's both rousing and haunting.

Watching Yi Hyun's descent is both fascinating and quite upsetting. The acting is very good but to watch two elegant, educated men conduct a bloody pi******* contest just because their egos have been bruised doesn't say much in favour of education. All that learning has only made them more rigid in their thinking which does admittedly have a certain degree of realism to it. I don't know where they're headed with Lord Hwang vs YH but those two aren't going to end well at the rate they're going. If they don't end up being killed, they'll probably end up killing each other.

I don't doubt that going to war is ridiculous but then so is the people at the top not caring how things are going with the common folk and oppressing the people to the point where the only recourse for them to take up arms and rebel against their rulers. 

I think this show does need romance (so yay for SIJ and BYG) because the world in which these characters inhabit is shrouded in so much bleakness that some glimpses of personal happiness are probably needed to throw the heaviness into relief. The show is peppered with moments of levity and of course Yi Gang's wry sense of humour is always welcomed. ;) 

I don't think the show is depressing because it is about war. It is in fact depressing because when war begins, the worst of human nature emerges. Worst still, when the conflict gets underway, there is very little understanding of what brought it on in the first place.

These drama such precious memoar to heart whomever hold patriotism deep in their souls, since episodes 1 i 've been watched there always time made me shed a tears upon the virtue of a country man who's tried to defines what the meanings of country and the essential war purpose.

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Yana Mujay said:

These drama such precious memoar to heart whomever hold patriotism deep in their souls, since episodes 1 i 've been watched there always time made me shed a tears upon the virtue of a country man who's tried to defines what the meanings of country and the essential war purpose.

:thumbsup:

I think so too. 

The problem is usually when men and women disagree on how to express that patriotism ;) And who has the right to define what love of country is. 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I think so too. 

The problem is usually when men and women disagree on how to express that patriotism ;) And who has the right to define what love of country is. 

Yep, we can't denied when we talk  heroes, war and civilization History almost all working by a Man.mostly women taught to act sweet, properly and devoted their live for families and husband however there's always Tough women's who's contribute and making the worst sacrifice to their country.

I agreed with Gen.Nokdu and simplicity of Yi kang to define it, a country is about people's who we care, our neighborhood  a village a regions we want to protect not a king who's we never met.

Is such cynical flippant seeing how discrimination could clouding BYH judgment lead him to betrays his country and how the virtue enlighten BYK become a warriors.

Actually i believe at the end the educated BYH could found his true path  the divine ways  to saves his country.

On 7/1/2019 at 11:33 PM, Yana Mujay said:

Yep, we can't denied when we talk  heroes, war and civilization History almost all working by a Man.mostly women taught to act sweet, properly and devoted their live for families and husband however there's always Tough women's who's contribute and making the worst sacrifice to their country.

I agreed with Gen.Nokdu and simplicity of Yi kang to define it, a country is about people's who we care, our neighborhood  a village a regions we want to protect not a king who's we never met.

Is such cynical flippant seeing how discrimination could clouding BYH judgment lead him to betrays his country and how the virtue enlighten BYK become a warriors.

Actually i believe at the end the educated BYH could found his true path  the divine ways  to saves his country.

The country is its people but often as in this case, the leadership trapped in their ivory tower... in their bubble of orpulence... forgets that. They forget that without the people there will be no country... no one to govern. You can see that the aristocrats in this think themselves above everyone and that the common folk work for them instead of the other way around. Or at the very least, it is a symbiotic relationship. Someone needs to work the land, produce the food so that everyone is fed. These people need to be cared for and not taken for granted. But the king is useless... he is so far removed from the realities of what the people face and his impotence as the leader leads to corruption and oppression at the local level. Not only that it opens the door to foreign invaders encroaching. He should be setting the direction for the nation but instead he's reactive.

YH was educated in Japan and was very influenced by the Meiji period advancements. One can understand why. Compared to Japan, Joseon seemed very backward and the common folk were horribly oppressed. He believed that Joseon could take a leaf or two out of the Japanese playbook. I imagine that's why he turned traitor. Ironically he became the monster that he despised about the nobles and officials of Joseon.

In every civil conflict (the Dongak uprising is not big enough to be called a civil war) there are the idealists who have zeal and willing to offer their lives for their causes, who persuade other to follow them blindly, and their followers who are often ambivalent and would switch side if they sense their side is losing.   We see all of that in this tale.

The Baek patriarch was right when he told his younger son... this country was lost long ago... when educated people like yourself go to the other side.  The reality of the late Joseon period, is severe illiteracy, wrong education (reading Chinese poetry and Confucian teaching does not help run a country), backward economy based entirely on agriculture, poor tax base inadequate to reform the country.... 1/5 of the population being slaves with wasted human resources for the rich and powerful only...…  all of these have to go for Joseon to advance... which eventually it did after the Japanese 35 years of occupation and a Korean War.  The Japanese themselves had their own blood letting to progress, during the early Meji period, so  it's Joseon turn... then China.

It is ironic when the older brother exhorted their demoralized followers for the night attack that they are going to fight as free men and that the last few months of being free as dongak members were worth all their suffering....  then after 20 thousands perished and they are all hunted down like rats, while the bystanders yell banzai banzai to the Japanese soldiers.... did most of the survivors truly relish that few months as free men, as they hide, mend their wounds,  betray... trying to survive?

Archived