Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower/ Nokdu Flower, 녹두꽃

https://www.soompi.com/article/1314297wpp/jo-jung-suk-stays-strong-in-dire-situations-for-upcoming-drama

f9db168ba473443d9cc6551b3c699289.jpeg?s=

Jo Jung Suk Stays Strong In Dire Situations For Upcoming Drama

Apr 1, 2019
by K. Lew

Jo Jung Suk hasn’t given up hope in his upcoming drama “Nokdu Flower.”

“Nokdu Flower” is about the turbulent story of two half-brothers during the Eastern Religious Peasants Movement in 1894, where Eastern religion leaders and peasants in Jeolla Province worked together to fight the growth of Catholicism.

Jo Jung Suk plays Baek Yi Kang, the eldest son of Baek Ga, a notorious and wealthy government official. Born after his father raped his wife’s slave, Baek Yi Kang is called “thing” rather than his name by his father. Baek Yi Kang and his half-brother Baek Yi Hyun (played by Yoon Shi Yoon) are swept up by their tumultuous lives as they experience the horrible, intense eagerness of public movement.

In the released photos, Jo Jung Suk is dirty and disheveled as he is forced to bow. He appears to have been roughed up, as there are scratches on his face and blood drips from the side of his head. He is also forcibly dragged somewhere, and despite his situation, he doesn’t lose the fire in his eyes.

Jo-Jung-Suk-1-1.jpg

The production staff stated, “From his first shoot, Jo Jung Suk surprised the staff by perfectly immersing in his character Baek Yi Kang. He is commonly acknowledged as a trustworthy actor because no matter the character, he makes it his own. Baek Yi Kang from our drama has also met Jo Jung Suk and done so. Please look forward to Jo Jung Suk’s strength that will shine in ‘Nokdu Flower.'”

“Nokdu Flower” is written by Jung Hyun Min, who wrote “Jeong Do Jeon” and “Assembly.” It will be directed by Shin Kyung Soo, who previously directed “Tree With Deep Roots” and “Six Flying Dragons.” It will premiere on April 26 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 2

Han Ye Ri Is Full Of Confidence For Upcoming Historical Drama

by Y. Shin
9a7c315552f74c0aa416b328ff6650ab.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming drama “Nokdu Flower” has shared new stills of Han Ye Ri!

“Nokdu Flower” is about two brothers who have different mothers but share the same father. They get separated during a riot that is now known as the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, where religious leaders of Donghak (which translates to “Eastern Religion”) and the peasants of Jeolla Province joined forces together against the government that was pushing for the growth of Catholicism at the time.

Jo Jung Suk will play the older brother Baek Yi Kang, while Yoon Shi Yoon will take on the role of the younger brother Baek Yi Hyun. Han Ye Ri will appear as Song Ja In, the only child of Song Bong Gil, the peddler of peddlers in Jeolla Province.

In the released stills, Han Ye Ri walks around a crowded market place with Kim Sang Ho (played by Choi Duk Ki) while peering at various places. Her posture and expression are full of confidence, which contrasts with her finely braided hair and elegant hanbok. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1314972wpp/han-ye-ri-is-full-of-confidence-for-upcoming-historical-drama

• Like 1

The yangban, the merchant, and the rebel leader in SBS’s Mung Bean Flower

by tipsymocha

mungbeanflower-still437.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive! Ever since SBS’s Mung Bean Flower released its first teaser featuring Jo Jung-seok (Two Cops), I’ve been eagerly waiting to see the rest of the main cast in character. Though it might not be another teaser, the show has released stills of Yoon Shi-yoon (Your Honor), Han Ye-ri (Switch), and Choi Moo-sung (Mr. Sunshine), which already have me excited for what’s in store.

Yoon Shi-yoon, in his aristocratic garb, plays the legitimate half-brother of Jo Jung-seok’s character. Their father is a notorious and wealthy government official, though his station isn’t too high on the yangban totem pole. Yoon Shi-yoon’s character is described as everything opposite to Jo Jung-seok’s: Articulate, patrician in manner, with an air of high society about him. Like his half-brother, Yoon Shi-yoon’s character will undergo a dramatic transformation thanks to the peasant rebellion he gets swept up in, which sounds a little sad, given that he starts out as a young and intelligent man who hopes to reform Joseon from within the system.

How much do I love how fierce Han Ye-ri looks in these stills? Her character is described as a “woman of steel,” which sounds about right for a woman who aspires to become the foremost guild master of all of Joseon.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/the-yangban-the-merchant-and-the-rebel-leader-in-sbss-mung-bean-flower/

• Like 2

Watch: Yoon Shi Yoon, Han Ye Ri, And Jo Jung Suk Have Perfect Chemistry For “Nokdu Flower”

by S. Park
5bb8b24b6d2f4660b348e42ff7b1ea53.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Nokdu Flower” released a behind-the-scenes video of its poster shoot with actors Yoon Shi Yoon, Han Ye Ri, and Jo Jung Suk.

“Nokdu Flower” is about two half-brothers with different mothers and the same father. They get separated during a riot, now known as the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, where religious leaders of Donghak (or “Eastern Religion”) and the peasants of Jeolla Province joined forces to protest against the government’s push for Catholicism.

In the video, Jo Jung Suk stands in the middle of the set as Baek Yi Kang, the leader of the Donghak Peasant Army who dreams of a new world. With a bamboo spear in one hand, he strikes several poses that show the determination of his character before monitoring the photos.

Yoon Shi Yoon holds up a rifle as he transforms into Baek Yi Hyun, the half-brother of Baek Yi Kang and dreams of a Meiji Restoration for the Joseon Dynasty.

Han Ye Ri stands by the fence and sits on the porch as she transforms into Song Ja In, an “Iron Lady” who leads others with her cool-headed judgment and charisma. She discusses the concept with the staff and silently mouths that she is cold in between takes. The actress then joins Jo Jung Suk and a group of extras to reproduce this historical scene.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1315216wpp/watch-yoon-shi-yoon-han-ye-ri-and-jo-jung-suk-have-perfect-chemistry-in-nokdu-flower
  • Like 2

Don't know why every time SBS uploaded Mung Bean Flower teasers, they always deleted those earliest video links from their YT channel. This is the second time they did it, the same thing happened previously with the 1st teaser before. Anyway, this is the new link for Nokdu Flower 2nd teaser, which is uploaded again by SBS on their YT channel, the same teaser video posted above by @rachelyun.

• Like 1

Watch: Yoon Shi Yoon Transforms From A Boy Into A Beast In New Teaser For “Nokdu Flower”

by S. Park
eb89919f05e44db9baf7550d436e7e8b.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Nokdu Flower” has released another teaser!

“Nokdu Flower” is about two half-brothers with different mothers and the same father. They get separated during a riot, now known as the Donghak Peasant’s Movement in 1894, where religious leaders of Donghak (or “Eastern Religion”) and the peasants of Jeolla Province joined forces to protest against the government’s push for Catholicism.

Yoon Shi Yoon plays Baek Yi Hyun, who is the “rightful son” born under their father’s lawful wife despite being younger, while Jo Jung Suk plays the older Baek Yi Kang, who was born out of wedlock after his father raped the wife’s slave.

On April 6, the drama gave viewers a glimpse at Yoon Shi Yoon’s struggles in the drama through a dramatic teaser clip.

He begins, “We’ll go into a decaying pond. The advanced culture of an enlightened world is civilization,” as the teaser shows citizens being killed and exploited by the government.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1315568wpp/watch-yoon-shi-yoon-transforms-from-a-boy-into-a-beast-in-new-teaser-for-nokdu-flower
  • Like 3

April 7, 2019

Yoon Shi-yoon taps into his dark side for SBS’s Nokdu Flower

by tipsymocha

nokduflower-teaser472.jpg

Man, SBS is really on top of the promo game for this drama, isn’t it? There’s a new teaser out for their sageuk offering Nokdu Flower, and while the first teaser focused on Jo Jung-seok (Two Cops), this one puts Yoon Shi-yoon (Your Honor) at the forefront. The two leads will play half-brothers in the sageuk, who tragically end up on opposite trajectories when faced with a major upheaval in the form of the Donghak Rebellion.

I’ve always seen Yoon Shi-yoon as such a straightforward good guy, mostly due to his variety persona and the shows I’ve watched him in, so it’ll be all the more compelling to see his character go on a downward moral spiral, as the teaser suggests. The clip starts out with soldiers ruthlessly slaughtering peasants as Yoon Shi-yoon announces that he will “enter the rotten pond” in order to reform it. He holds some very lofty ideals, saying that “culture” is the key to joining the rest of the “enlightened world.” Those ideals are a long ways away from the reality in the streets, however, and the teaser calls 1894’s Joseon the “land of despair.”

Something changes for Yoon Shi-yoon, though, and we see him armed with a gun, looking soulless as he marches down the street. He demands to know what his father, played by Park Hyuk-kwon (Fox Bride Star), will do next. His father’s answer (“Don’t you know me, son?”) isn’t a comforting one, seeing as how he’s notorious for his greed and cruelty in their village, borne out of his inferiority complex due to his lowly origins. The captions read, “The relentless despair swallows the blood-hued anger,” just as we see a change in Yoon Shi-yoon’s character, who guns down peasants alongside the soldiers. Even while he contends that ambition cannot be the key to a new world, the teaser shows him as the “boy who is reborn as a beast.” The trailer ends as he desperately asks someone for a “reason not to kill.”

Nokdu Flower will take over SBS’s Friday-Saturday slot following The Fiery Priest, premiering on April 26.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/yoon-shi-yoon-taps-into-his-dark-side-for-sbss-nokdu-flower/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shielizda said:

Yoon Shi-yoon taps into his dark side for SBS’s Nokdu Flower

So will he play the role of a bad guy? It will be interesting to see ... Although I am sure that he will still be a positive character who will have to do bad things. And in the end he will die for sure! Sure 100% sure!:ph34r:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Friendly kitty said:

So will he play the role of a bad guy? It will be interesting to see ... Although I am sure that he will still be a positive character who will have to do bad things. And in the end he will die for sure! Sure 100% sure!:ph34r:

I'm all in if YSY is the villain. I've been waiting for the time he will a villain, if this is it, I'm on board! Villains die in the end, I might shed tears if YSY's character dies, given if I stay until the end :ph34r:.

• Like 2

SBS uploaded new video Nokdu Flower 3 main cast answering Q&A from viewers on their YT channel :

Though I don't understand what they're talking about, but it's look like they have a good rapport already between them. It is nice to see the cast having fun & teasing each other like this. ^_^

• Like 2

Oh a lot of updates. Thanks chingus! <3

Excitedly waiting for this. YYS and JJS two good actors! Yep I always watch their dramas.   I'm not that familiar with the female lead though but I've seen one of her previous drama.  I think this is the first time I'll JJS doing saeguk. Has he done any historical dramas before?

For YYS .. been  I always his dramas so he's going to be the bad younger brother? As with all dramas... there's back story for that personality. I want redeeming factor.  His previous drama Your Honor.. damnn I was actually rooting for the bad twin .. to have a reedeming factor.So for this drama..  he better have.

7 hours ago, jongski said:

I think this is the first time I'll JJS doing saeguk. Has he done any historical dramas before?

For drama, I think this is his first saguek drama ever. But actually if you look into his filmography, he's no stranger to saguek becoz as far as I know, he had two historical movies before, The Face Reader & The King's Wrath. So yeah, he's definitely not a newbies when it comes to sageuk.