[Drama 2019] Mung Bean Flower/ Nokdu Flower, 녹두꽃

larus

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the three episodes together this weekend.  So far it is a very interesting drama, plus it is a true event.  Love the characteristics between the two brothers.   Seeing how a life of a person could change based on a choice, whether one chose for him or herself or it was chosen by someone else. 

0004002888_001_20190504115007052.jpg?typ

Credit to the owner

What an intense episodes so far. I am having a little bit problem in understanding "the teacher's character". 

I thought in the beginning the teacher likes YH , but now not anymore. Is it only because of his father?

Guess I have to go on watching.

Another well made drama set up in early Japanese inflation, like the story flow and the sceneries shoot, the friction between the greedy father and two son somehow feel warmth yet sadly both Son knew how kind man their father, the got themselves caught  without opportunity to voice their own mind.

But seems next episode the storyline will turn upsides down.

Good drama worthy to waiting.

Great dorama. With each episode I love her more and more.
I think it is a gift of fate for Yoon Shi Yoon. His duet with Jo Jung Suk is beyond praise. They became real brothers, the relationship between which makes the heart tremble. Shi Yoon will learn a lot from his hen. Like Yi Hyun, he will learn a lot from Yi Kang, and Yi Kang will learn a lot from Yi Hyun. :rolleyes:The main thing is that the uprising does not separate the brothers, who can now be spread out on two sides of the barricade ...
And yes, sageuk was very dramatic. During the 4 hour episodes, so many horrors have already shown ... so many deaths ... But there is also a good one. The true friendship of the brothers, the sweet romance of both brothers with their lovers, the reverent relationship of the elder brother with the mother ...:wub:

I look forward to continuing. I wonder what the younger brother will do now, when he is forced to join the army, which will have to suppress the uprising. Will join them? Or will it be a spy in this army, and will secretly shoot their own gun?:blink:

Yoon Shi Yoon And Park Gyu Young Have A Bittersweet Encounter In “Nokdu Flower”

by C. Hong
9c28ac0176ba4e4992ca70d82a803d17.jpeg?s=

SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Nokdu Flower” has shared stills of Yoon Shi Yoon and Park Gyu Young.

“Nokdu Flower” takes place against the backdrop of the Donghak Peasant Movement of 1894, a riot in which religious leaders of Donghak and peasants from Jeolla Province joined forces to protest the government’s push for Catholicism. In the drama, two half-brothers, played by Yoon Shi Yoon and Jo Jung Suk, end up on opposite sides of the movement.

Spoilers

park-gyu-young-nokdu-flower.jpgnokdu-flower-yoon-shi-yoon-park-gyu-youn

On May 9, the production staff of “Nokdu Flower” released stills of a sweet encounter between Yoon Shi Yoon’s character and Park Gyu Young’s character. Yoon Shi Yoon plays Baek Yi Hyun, the younger brother of the family but the lawful heir because of his mother’s social status. Park Gyu Young plays Baek Yi Hyun’s betrothed, Hwang Mung Shim.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1323255wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-and-park-gyu-young-share-a-sweet-encounter-in-nokdu-flower

Nokdu Flower: Episodes 5-6

by odilettante

nokdu050600486a.jpg

The loss of a defining skill that gave any sense of one’s worth and identity doesn’t seem to a worthwhile sacrifice to just gain back a name. But the restoration of a name means finding a new place in society — and seeing with new eyes the ramification of having authoritative power over the starving and unfortunate.

EPISODES 5-6 RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/nokdu-flower-episodes-5-6/

Yoon Kyun Sang And Lee Joon Hyuk To Make Special Appearance In “Nokdu Flower”

by U. Kim
66d31588196443c48448265fc779a6f6.jpeg?s=

Yoon Kyun Sang and Lee Joon Hyuk will be making a special appearance in SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “Nokdu Flower”!

“Nokdu Flower” is set during the Donghak Peasant Movement of 1894, a riot in which religious leaders of Donghak and peasants from the Jeolla Province joined forces to protest the government’s push for Catholicism. In the drama, two half-brothers, played by Yoon Shi Yoon and Jo Jung Suk, end up on opposite sides of the movement. The drama is gaining lots of praise for its strong storyline and direction, powerful message, and phenomenal acting.

Some of the best parts of the drama are the special appearances by various actors. Previously, actor Jang Gwang appeared on the drama as a very important character for the advancement of the plot, while Min Jung Ki, Han Sang Jin, and Kim Yoo Ri made their appearance in the first episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1324597wpp/yoon-kyun-sang-and-lee-joon-hyuk-to-make-special-appearance-in-nokdu-flower

I picked up this drama the other day and have now caught up, I'm surprised by the lack of posts, I thought the main lead was a pretty popular actor?

Really liking the cinematography, the action scenes and the background music is awesome

The main story is developing nicely and I love a historical show but I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed with how quickly the love story seems to have already developed and I'm finding some of the humour a bit too forced and sometimes out of place. Other than though solid show so far.

The urge to wikipedia the uprising is so high right now though - will try and hold off until the end

Anyone else getting Bridal Mask flashbacks with the two main male leads or is it just me?

Nokdu Flower: Episodes 7-8

by odilettante

nokdu070800526a.jpg

The pursuit of freedom is fraught with peril, especially when those with power wish to keep that power and dominion over the poor and weak — and anyone who can be useful is properly manipulated. Once again, idealism and pragmatism clash. How can you fight for freedom and equality without actually fighting? Is “civilization” really all it’s cracked up to be, or just another power-hungry entity to fight against?

EPISODES 7-8 RECAP

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/05/nokdu-flower-episodes-7-8/

On 5/16/2019 at 6:12 AM, anony12345 said:

I picked up this drama the other day and have now caught up, I'm surprised by the lack of posts, I thought the main lead was a pretty popular actor?

Yes, me too.  But maybe some do watch but just lurking here.  Maybe...

The two brothers have changed in many ways due to the circumstances.  Sometimes it made me scared watching the transformation of  YH, but it is understandable.

The two actors showed great chemistry not only with the director, who they worked with in the past, but also with the ‘Nokdu Flower’ actors. The set was filled with laughter thanks to their outstanding acting and ad-libs.

Both actors' special appearance gave a slight comedic relief with their action.  In one scene it also reminds me of Jo Jung Suk's scene that he took part in a movie a long, long time ago.

Credit to the owners

About ep 13-14:

Yi-Hyun is just like his horrible father: using people as commodity and giving bribes in order to get what he wants, he even said to Yi-Kang the same words their father had said long ago to YK. And even uses people to force/coerce YK in.

It's not that his teacher and what happened forced him (YH) to think and being like that, it's more like he's showing is true colors. He was blind when he was just a scholar, but after the fight/war & being betrayed, he chose -in full consciousness and after having seen the damage it does and the pain it causes- to follow the path of tyranny and treachery... even when he had options... and yet, he chose that path.

He's not better than all those heartless, crooked and greedy who hold the power...

Archived