[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

Clip from the 2nd press conference.

(At least there’re Korean caption).

(edited - sorry, it seems KBS already deleted this video from Youtube :crazy:, so alternate link provided on the next page :P). 

When she gave 100 points for their chemistry score , but he didn’t. :joy:

At first reading from the news I think she might gave him an angry stare for his answer,  but here they are still so sweet.  :blush:

So good that a fan already made short clips of the scene I like.  Thank you so much and credit to twitter’s owner.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I’m surprised that it wasn’t more discussed in the thread: it’s like people still have hope that he could change his fate: become human again and live a long life with Yeon Seo. 

But it’s impossible: nobody can come back from death. It’s the most definitive thing in the universe.

Dan has been wandering on earth like a ghost because he has some unfinished business with the little girl that gave him happiness and made him want to care about her, but ultimately he has no place here.

However Dan’s reaction is similar to the audience: he’s in pure denial. When he recovered his memory, he ran back to Yeon Seo (did he call her? How did she find him?), and the preview showed him asking her to wait for him and not let  Kang Woo approach her.

He had shown before (like almost every character on this drama) selfishness, immaturity and jealousy/possessiveness but personally I feel that it’s very dangerous to everyone involved with him that he chose to continue on this path at the point of the story. It could only lead him to destroy any chance of happiness for Yeon Seo and to a confrontation with Kang Woo.

@titania1000 Wow, you wrote an essay and no wonder your head hurts. Really like your analysis and I hope you don't me breaking down some of the parts I feel like I would like to add my two cents to it. :D

First of all, to me personally Dan is dead and have never believed he was in a coma or still lingering to life. I don't think he has been wandering on earth like a ghost as this would be mean in my eyes he death was unfair, yes he was running away from his father which led to his death. I don't think his father intended for this as it was an accident. He has been an angel for many years and he was giving mission's on earth so he could enter heaven. Him saving YS was not supposed to happen and he made that decision against his better judgement, which in my eyes means that YS cheated death and in turn, KD was punished to help her find love so that the new life she was granted wouldn't be a waste. She blamed God for every misfortune and that he doesn't listen to her, but I feel like he did here and he connected her to Dan for whatever purpose (will have to find out as I haven't put all the puzzle together).

Also, I don't think he is in any denial about himself being dead but rather he is surprised he once was a human and just figured out what has happened to him when he was young. All the dreams started for him when he started to work for YS and the last dream was triggered during his fight with JKW. 

I am not sure if anyone noticed this but he died on a rainy day, his dad beat him up always on a rainy day (properly has something to do with the death of his mother here??), he saved YS on a rainy day and his wings come out on a rainy day. To me this all has a correlation and a meaning but cannot put my fingers to it yet. 

For me, KD is a bit immature but not selfish or even possessive when it comes to YS. Heck he left her because he didn't want to break her heart and leave her alone cause that would destroy him more than anyone else. He realises more than anyone else that he cannot be with YS regardless of how much he would want that and that's why on so many occasions he said to JKW that he will leave in the end. The old couple showed KD that love doesn't mean being with a person for years but being with that person even for a couple of hours is enough. A testament in my eyes how love descends beyond boundaries and time. :D:wub: He is not asking YS to wait for him without any reason, but rather to find out how to proceed ahead and figure out what God wants from him (rather the path he should be taking). This is why he is so different from JKW in my eyes and the main reason why he will succeed.

I just don't see how JKW is supposed to be taking the lead even if Dan is not meant to stay in the very end. Even if Dan leaves, I don't see how YS would ever let JKW take the place of Dan as he is her one and only love. To me, JKW will play an important role in getting them to be together in the end but not end up with YS in a million years. Sorry Chingu, as much as I feel sorry for JKW and hope he finds happiness and peace in the end. 

Continuing with JKW, the impression I got from his confrontation with YS about the open audition is that he didn't agree at all with her decision as he still believes he is right regardless and would have replaced the entire troupe if she didn't call him in that morning. He still believes that his decision is 100% right and YS did undermind him at that point which is why he freaked out at her. To him, YS is the only one that should and will play Gisselle regardless.

For me, to see a properly character development of JKW he needs to put his past to rest and see the difference between YS and Matilda. He is still selfishly trying to achieve his dream for Matilda through YS which wrong in my books on so many levels. And this is also why he cannot see anything beyond his dreams and gets annoyed with KD when he suggested to YS to leave ballet and only dance for him.

OKAY--- I need to stop here as I will seriously write a dissertation on this show. :D:phew: 

6 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

No worries: i agree with your arguments. 

It's just that i got the feeling that as  an idol his agency is promoting his work in a way that might not include other co-stars. 

It feels like it's different for them from the work he does with the members of his group where everyone is included in the promo.

ALML seems more like an individual achievement in his career, so all the promo is  to make him shine alone.

It's only an impression, like i said i would be up for a photoshoot of the 3 leads, since all play a big role in the success  of the drama. :wub:

@titania1000 You might be right and it might be nice to get a photoshoot of the 3 leads and some individual images as well.

I am up for anything to be honest as our lovely SHS has never done any photoshoot with any of the ML before although there were hints of possible one with SH which never happened in the end. :wub::D I am a fan of lee Dong-Gun as well and really liked him in Sketch, The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailer Shop and Night After Night with Kim Sun-A. 

4 hours ago, immorethant said:

I think their chemistry didn't begin since episode 8.  It began since their childhood because KMS and SHS were in the same neighborhood.  Probably it's like in the drama that he had a crush on her since then but then he had to move out and became idol , so he forgot all that.   When they met again on first script reading day , he recalled that "oh ! This is the same noona who gave me candies and a kitten when I was young".  :phew::P

Ah! Fated.

Who’s gonna translate that conference in English for me?! 

@immorethant :glasses:

12 minutes ago, immorethant said:

Why KBS deleted the 2nd conference video from YouTube?

:bawling: Nooooooo......

Hide contents

Luckily I already saved that :tounge_wink:  In case you want to watch.

https://streamable.com/plwke  

Will delete if KBS change their mind and repost the YouTube clip again.

I knew there was something hidden in that hiding area! :naughty:

Sorry for the repost.

But I'm so curious what's the question asked. Hyesun throwing desperate begging looks asking him to answer and he finally succumbed to her, leaving her smiling like a happy child who finally got her way. Who thinks this is so sweet?:wub:

By the way I just realised there's a cooking interview segment on Entertainment Weekly. Since their second press con was held in KBS cooking studio, would there be a chance to see both of them cooking in this segment.:P

1 hour ago, immorethant said:

Why KBS deleted the 2nd conference video from YouTube?

:bawling: Nooooooo......

Hide contents

Luckily I already saved that :tounge_wink:  In case you want to watch.

https://streamable.com/plwke  

Will delete if KBS change their mind and repost the YouTube clip again.

Hi, why can't I open the link? It was loading then turned into broken link

7 minutes ago, almldan said:

On instagram, KBSdrama said that the making video will be released 6/19  at 2PM KST. Guess we're not getting anything till D-Day :heartbreak:

:bawling: we can only indulge ourselves with old bts until D-Day 

16 hours ago, ayupkurnia said:

Hi, why can't I open the link? It was loading then turned into broken link

Hi , sorry, just saw your post.  I'm not sure if you can open it now, it seems work for me. 

Anyway, if you still can't...

Spoiler

(Edited)

Now KBS  already reposted the video on YouTube , so please check on page 125.

Some sub. 

WhenMyung Soo gave her compliment, our Hye Sun was shy again, but she still leant to his side.  :P:wub:

M9VfOFr.gif

Archived